Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“She Loves Him Still” by Stevie Nicks

Who is he? Who is this man she says she’ll love until his dying day?

Joe Walsh?

Could it actually be a Robin song, and Stevie just switched pronouns?

I don’t think it’s Lindsey or Mick, or Don Henley, or Jimmy Iovine, or Paul Fishkin, or Russell Kunkel, or Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2020 5:38 PM

Stevie has been pretty clear in the past this is about Abe Vigoda.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2020 11:01 PM

It is probably about Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2020 11:04 PM

Written in 1984. It’s about Joe.

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2020 11:05 PM

Lindsey Graham?

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2020 11:14 PM

It could be anyone. Who hasn't she fucked?

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2020 11:16 PM

Her relationship with Joe was very impactful, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2020 12:41 AM

She Loves Him Still

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You?

One More Big Time Rock And Roll Star

Long Way To Go

Rooms On Fire

Priest Of Nothing

Thousand Days

Mirror, Mirror

Whole Lotta Trouble

Love Is Like A River

And many more, all written about Joe.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2020 12:50 AM

Oh, and her unreleased song, “The Dance,” details Stevie’s falling in love with Joe, dancing in his arms.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2020 1:00 AM

Joe is the love of her life but Joe considered her a “summer fling”, “a sister”and a “road pussy”.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 1:20 AM

That’s gotta sting!

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2020 1:34 AM

OP, why do you keep posting about La Nicks? If you're that obsessed, try to get Night of a Thousand Stevies going again.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2020 1:38 AM

Now I’m on a total Stevie/Joe Internet wormhole..

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 1:59 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was about Joe Walsh or Mick Fleetwood. Joe Walsh looks like a lizard. She was on top of the world but only fucked ugly, old guys. I have a theory that she has a Beauty and the Beast complex. She liked ugly guys so she could be the center of attention in the relationship. They felt like she was doing them a favor and they treated her like a princess and she walked all over them. She did this in particular to Jimmy Iovine. Himbo fuccbois like Don Henley and Lindsay Buckingham competed for attention. I'm sure they were just as addicted to their reflections as she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2020 7:13 AM

I saw a BBC interview with Rod Stewart where he pretty much confirmed that he and Stevie had done the horizontal tango. She likes her men ugly and British.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 7:16 AM

It's funny how Stevie fans think all her songs are about Lindsey when she has slept with literally hundreds of men.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2020 7:19 AM

She doesn’t love Lindsey she used and cheated on him several times and once they got in fleetwood Mac she dumped him. She started to sleep with Mick because she was afraid they would get rid of her, Lindsey was the one the band wanted and he was the unofficial producer and band director while Stevie wasn’t the star yet till the 80’s.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 8:51 AM

R16 I don't think she actually loved any of the guys she wrote songs about. She wrote Storms about Mick, but really as you said he was useful to her, as was Jimmy Iovine and Paul Fishkin. She fell hardest for Joe and Tom Petty because they did not worship the ground she walked on. If they had reciprocated her feelings she'd get tired and move onto her next conquest. All of her 'loves' have been useful to her career. She's a man-eater, which makes me think she's a closet lesbo. Guys for her career and to feed her ego, girls for love and sex. She had that slightly sapphic girl squad just like Taylor Swift. I see a lot of similarities between Taylor and Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2020 9:22 AM

I think she’s incredibly smart and ambitious and has been since she first attended Menlo Atherton High School in her senior year and quickly started dating the school’s most popular star quarterback.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2020 9:39 AM

She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but he loved her still.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2020 9:45 AM

R18 She is very socially savvy, but not at all book smart. She has a middle school understanding of current events and her much lauded lyrics are actually pretty juvenile. Manipulating men to do her bidding is her genius.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 9:47 AM

Joe Walsh doesn’t seem to understand the depth of Stevie’s feelings to him. I remember him drunk or high on Howard Stern in the 90s and when he was challenged about it he was like “does she? I don’t know” and cackled laughing.

But she got some good music out of it.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2020 1:06 PM

Joe probably realized early on that she's nuts. As did Tom Petty.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2020 7:33 PM

Stevie's best songs are Storms and Wild Heart, where she's introspective enough to realize that she's the crazy one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2020 12:01 AM

Lindsay Buckingham has Asperger's syndrome. Stevie is just generally crazy/BPD/narcissistic. I can't even begin imagine to what that relationship was like.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2020 1:24 AM

Joe aged better, he’s very attractive now. Looked like a dirty old hippie back in the 70s and 80s. He’s got beautiful blue-greenish eyes. If they weren’t leaning more towards green I’s swear “Blue Denim” was written for him, but Stevie says it’s about Lindsey because he’s the only one she can think of with those striking blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 12:23 AM

His wife Marjorie Bach pretty much saved him.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2020 12:27 AM

I love Joe as a rocker, but as a human being he's not all that much. Though in subsequent interviews he's been much more polite about Stevie, he really works at downplaying their relationship now. Probably part of that is because he doesn't want to hurt his current wife, part of that is probably because it didn't work out for him. By "it" I mean not just his relationship with Stevie, but his career in rock as well.

Unlike Stevie, he's not much of a songwriter, something he admits. Unlike Don Henley and Glen Frey and Stevie, he wasn't pulling down huge bucks from touring and songwriting. Until just a few years before Frey's death, Joe was only paid a salary to play with the Eagles. And unlike them, his songwriting catalog is very small.

This meant he had essentially no money compared to Henley, Frey, and Nicks, which was something that Frey and Henley taunted him about. They talked about how Joe was constantly deep in debt by trying to live up to their standards of living on his much smaller income.

I'm sure it rankled him that Stevie could afford to live much more lavishly than he. Hell, she probably ended paying for most of the drugs they did together.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2020 12:40 AM

R16 isn't just nuts, he knows nothing about Fleetwood Mac. Nicks hit as soon as she and Lindsey joined the group in 1975, with the group's next release Fleetwood Mac. You know, the album that contained her hit song Rhiannon.

Nicks knew she was only in the band because Lindsey made it a condition of his joining the group, and so she did feel like the outsider for the first few years, and admitted in multiple interviews that she was afraid they'd have no use for her. Which suggests she didn't devolve into becoming a full-fledged narcissist until she felt more secure of her position in the band and of her value as a concert draw.

As for her relationship with Lindsey, she has spent years praising him to journalists, raving about his talent, and boring everyone to tears with her tale about how she was willing to work to support both of them in their earlier days, because it was important to her, too, that Lindsey be free to develop his talent as a guitarist. But Lindsey is a tyrant, and managed to antagonize his new bandmates right off the bat by telling them how he wanted them to play their parts.

Everyone in that band is insufferable. Of all of them, Lindsey is the brightest, but he's certainly not the nicest.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote] Rooms On Fire

I’m pretty sure this was about Rupert Hine, who she was fucking during the making of The Other Side of the Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2020 1:06 AM

A poster in DL claimed for yrs that he worked for Lindsey and that he has Asperger. If true then it totally makes sense!

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2020 1:12 AM

I wonder if Joe is the ‘self made man’ in “What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done For You?” or if it’s Jimmy Iovine. Joe doesn’t exactly fit the description of ‘self made’ as much as Jimmy does, but the “these two could really understand each other” part makes me think it’s another rock star and not a producer.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2020 1:12 AM

R28 Lindsey provided the bluesy riff that really gave Rhiannon its dark appeal. In 1975 Fleetwood Mac was still considered a Blues band and Mick was forcing Lindsey to play Peter Green songs on a Les Paul signature. It's not a very original riff, but it's clearly Peter Green inspired and provided by Lindsey. Stevie didn't come up with that. She was still very much reliant on Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac for her songs. Unlike Christine, she would come up with a very simple melody and the lyrics and Lindsey would flesh it out. There is always one musical "boss" in every band. Democracy doesn't work in band dynamics. Fleetwood Mac was just bad at hiding it. It's funny how Lindsey gets so much shit for telling John and Mick what to play when this type of disagreement is very common in bands. Billy Corgan played all the instruments on Siamese Dream. Jimmy Iovine and Tom Petty fired drummer Stan Lynch because he didn't live up to expectations. Lindsey never had John fired or played his overdubbed his parts into oblivion. The tyrant label pinned on Lindsey is a little much when so many other 'tyrants' somehow escape the label. R27: I've never thought much of Henley as a songwriter. Hotel California sucks. It's white dudes moaning about being famous rock stars. He's completely up his own ass. No one under 50 likes The Eagles, and unlike Fleetwood Mac, no indie bands have ever cited The Eagles as an influence. REM, Smashing Pumpkins, Pavement, Hole, The 1975, Tam Impala, MGMT, Haim, etc have all sung Fleetwood Mac praises. Joe's solo albums are solid, and better than anything Henley shat out.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2020 2:37 AM

Yup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2020 2:42 AM

Stevie's songs are rarely about one person. She deals in archetypes, not individuals. Deciphering her lyrics is tedious and often pointless.

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2020 2:55 AM

R31 it could be Don Henley. He was known to fly Stevie in for casual fucks. That Stevie thinks she's a self made woman is pretty hilarious though.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] Joe Walsh doesn’t seem to understand the depth of Stevie’s feelings to him. I remember him drunk or high on Howard Stern in the 90s and when he was challenged about it he was like “does she? I don’t know” and cackled laughing. But she got some good music out of it.

Joe Walsh gave a radio interview back in the 80s basically implying Stevie was dumber than a box of rocks. He told a story of how one day when he was hanging out at her house, Stevie had both the stereo and the television blasting at the same time. Prince's song "When Doves Cry" just happened to be playing on the radio as a KFC commercial was airing on tv. Stevie, probably high, started freaking out: "Look at this! This is outrageous! We gotta call Prince about this!" Joe said he just shook his head and chuckled to himself, "what a woman..."

I also remember reading a blind item back then about a "member of an all-star touring band" telling everyone else who'd listen stories about the sexual prowess of a famous female rock star, in a "you should try her if you get the chance" sort of way. I immediately knew this was about Joe Walsh (he was a member of Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band" at the time) and he was talking about Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2020 4:06 AM

R36 that story could just as well be about Courtney Love. She was the Stevie of the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2020 4:48 AM

She loves him still — that’s why she shot him. Nary a peep!

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2020 5:07 AM

Stevie Nicks on Kristen Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson: >“I was her age once, and exactly what happened to her happened to me two or three times, and whoever it was that I was with forgave me all two or three times. The fact is that when you’re young and you’ve been in a relationship for a long time and something comes along that is a little bit overwhelming and magical, and you’re kind of in another situation with someone else ... Things happen". Haha that magical thing of wanting to suck a bunch of cocks behind your boyfriend's back.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2020 5:36 AM

The “him” in the title is ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2020 6:27 AM

R39, the boyfriend is probably Lindsey who she cheated on several times before they joined Fleetwood Mac. She cheated on him with a waiter who was also named Lindsey and thn she went with some dude in Aspen while Lindsey was on the road with the Everly Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2020 6:46 AM

R37 -- the blind item was ca. 1988-89.

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2020 3:22 PM

R42, Well given the year, it's Stevie. Courtney Love definitely took a page from Stevie's playbook - both musically and in her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2020 6:23 PM

Stevie was a huge homewrecking slut, and we love her for it.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2020 9:58 PM

I can’t wait for her movie but I guessed we have to settle for now with “Daisy Jones and The Six” in Amazon Prime which is based on her and Fleetwood Mac rise and fall.

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2020 10:07 PM

R45. We'll never get a faithful biopic or autobiography. In recent years Stevie has been trying to rehabilitate her image in the media. She's been referring to herself as a 'nun' and a 'prude'. HAHA. I saw an interview with Rod Stewart where he intimated that he and Stevie hand slept together. There is not one rock and roll guy Stevie didn't bang while high on coke. I want the messy and REAL version of events, which we will never get from her.

by Anonymousreply 46November 30, 2020 10:11 PM

Stevie Nicks insist to talk about Lindsey in interview when he has apparently no interest in him.

by Anonymousreply 47November 30, 2020 10:13 PM

R47 She's still pissed that he got his side chick pregnant in 1997 and then married her.

by Anonymousreply 48November 30, 2020 10:16 PM

Over at the FM board the fans found out Lindsey Buckingham might penned an autobiography soo this is the closes we will know who Stevie Nicks truly is behind the scenes. If true then this wil be very interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 30, 2020 10:18 PM

R4 It would be very funny if it came out that Stevie and Miss Lindsey ever had a thing. It wouldn't be the first gay she banged (Rupert Hine).

by Anonymousreply 50November 30, 2020 10:19 PM

R49. I doubt we'd get a faithful autobiography from Lindsey either. In an interview I heard an interview with Ken Caillat on a podcast, Lindsey seems to have memory problems and some mental issues. He apparently fired a sound engineer for cutting tape wrong and splicing it back together without telling him. Lindsey had some kind of odd fit, fired the guy and then blacked out. When he woke up, he forgot that he had fired him and went on as though nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 51November 30, 2020 10:26 PM

Mick Fleetwood on his affair with Stevie Nicks: "My love with Stevie was the perfect underground liaison. It was a true love affair. There was tremendous passion. And then the game was called off."

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2020 5:55 AM

Stevie’s affair with Mick was stupid. How did they think that was ever going to work out.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2020 10:37 AM

Mick told lindsey about their affair and he was calmed and wasn’t surprised at all. Idk if it was before or after his drug induced nervous breakdown where he cut all his hair in the shower with a nail clipper.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2020 10:51 AM

I don’t suppose Mick’s ex wife Jenny forgave Stevie for inserting herself into their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2020 11:21 AM

R55 Stevie has said that her affair with Mick ruined her relationship with his kids. In the Tusk documentary, you can see her cuddling up with his daughters and reading bedtime stories to them. It must have pissed Jenny off that not only was Stevie sleeping with Mick, but treating her daughters like they were her own. Then again, she was having affairs behind Mick's back as well.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2020 5:59 PM

Robin hadn’t died yet, at that time she was the love of Stevie’s life.

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2020 12:35 AM

“I do TWO things these days..”

(lez, and het. She’s TELLING us)

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2020 12:37 AM

She probably tried fish once and decided she didn't like it. Stevie's always been into sausage.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2020 1:28 AM

Maybe her longtime assistant Karen is her secret lover just like Dolly Porton and Judy?

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2020 1:38 AM

Sounds like her meat tunnel has served her well.

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2020 2:07 AM

R61 she fucked her way into getting a Tom Petty song. Her vag has made her a lot of $$$.

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2020 2:39 AM

Stevie lived with Karen and Sara, Karen pushed Sara out and now I wouldn't be surprise if she gets all of Stevie’s inheritance if she was also successful in removing her only neice out of the will.

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2020 2:56 AM

R63 Does Karen even have a life outside of Stevie? I just googled her and she seems fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2020 3:27 AM

Karen also pushed Glenn out, and Ginny.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2020 3:27 AM

She also pushed Lindsey out, they had some argument during the music cares event.

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2020 3:29 AM

R65 Are these all people who were living in her house?

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2020 3:29 AM

they were various hangers-on, yes. Assistants and whatnot

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2020 3:35 AM

The reason for Lindsey being fired of the band isn’t between Lindsey and Stevie it was more Karen and Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2020 3:40 AM

I’ve heard Lindsey obliquely refer to “the people around” Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2020 4:10 AM

R69 I don't believe that. S + L hate each other. Stevie apparently hates Mick too. She's a newly minted "feminist" and recently trashed Mick in The Guardian. She thinks her tragic love life, in part the fault of her own poor decisions, is a feminist issue.

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2020 6:23 AM

R54. I assume the song Tusk is about his anger over their affair. "Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?" is certainly a reference to Mick. 'Throne' is common slang for a drumkit. 'Tusk' is what Mick Fleetwood called his dick. "Real savage like" should be self explanatory, lol. Lindsey has written indignant lyrics about Mick before. "The Visitor" and "Wrong".

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2020 6:51 PM

Stevie hated the album title Tusk and I think in general didn’t like the experience of working on the album. All she’ll say is how long it took and how much coke, but she never comments on Lindsey’s role as svengali for the entire album or how the album basically bombed in comparison to Rumours. There is no way in hell that Stevie DIDN’T want a Farrah or Diana Ross level of stardom, and she could have had it if Tusk was a more commercially approachable album.

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2020 9:21 PM

R73. Stevie is lucky that she had both her solo career and Fleetwood Mac. Her solo work IMO is forgettable, but her Tusk songs have aged like wine. Her solo gave her the 80s diva stardom, Fleetwood Mac gave her the artistic cred later on as more people started to appreciate Tusk. She's one of the luckiest people on earth in that regard because on her own she tends to be quite corny. I feel like Stevie solo was a 'you had to be there' sort of thing. Belladonna was a big hit album but IMO it hasn't aged well. I was born in 1986 and I admit that I'm pretty biased against that generic '80s studio rock sound. Tusk is why it's ok for hipster kids to find the Nicks-Buckingham era of Fleetwood Mac cool.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2020 9:58 PM

She did some of her best work with Lindsey. My favorite Tusk songs from her is Storms and Sara which was magical.

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2020 10:01 PM

IMO, Stevie is a lesbian or bisexual. I met someone (real estate agent) who lived in a small town where Stevie used to vacation. Person said, matter-of-factly, that Stevie was a lesbian. (I guess Stevie was seen with a woman / women all the time.)

That beauty & the beast theory could be correct. Waddy Wachtel, her guitarist (he sings sometimes, too) has a conviction for child pron possession. She seems to stand by him and tour with him.

I saw the Stern / Joe Walsh interview. Walsh was dismissive about his relationship with Stevie. Basically said: "Pfft." Also, if you're interested in the Eagles, watch "History of the Eagles" parts 1 and 2. Walsh definitely appeared as an associate, not a partner in the Eagles firm. (Henley & Frey were partners / owners & got paid a lot more than the rest.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2020 10:13 PM

R76, Stevie has always had a gaggle of female hangers on. One wonders how she had the time to have these great male loves when all these coked up girls were around. Where did her posse go when she had a man? Dave Stewart had a one night stand with her and said she kept disappearing into the bathroom where all her friends with. I guess she just locked them in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2020 10:27 PM

R77, I guess she was like any other rich, powerful rock star, male or female. You'll have good-looking hangers-on who are willing to be on the back burner for a while. Plus, if she was turning them on to coke while they "waited," what's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2020 10:50 PM

R78 nothing wrong with that, just wondering if she was screwing girls on the side.

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2020 11:06 PM

I'm guessing probably there was an extra girl thrown into the sex with the man.

by Anonymousreply 80December 2, 2020 11:13 PM

Stevie's (ex?) friend Sara Fleetwood seems like a really solid person. I found her on Twitter. She's so nice and respectful to fans. It really makes me love the song Sara even more.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2020 12:23 AM

Tusk!?

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2020 12:28 AM

Yes, Tusk. The Lindsey going insane album with some of Stevie's best produced songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2020 12:50 AM

I don’t understand why Stevie is now Harry’s unofficial spokesperson? Do they have the same management or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2020 4:40 AM

R84, same agent, Irving Azoff.

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2020 5:03 AM

"Fleetwood Mac went on to make many great records, but people would bet their life on the fact that Rumours was the one. And this might just be the one for Harry. We were all kind of the same age when we made Rumours. I was 28, and Lindsey [Buckingham] was 27. I actually don’t even know how old Harry is—he’s that timeless to me."

LOL

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2020 5:05 AM

R85, She is really pimping him hard, she must have owned Irving for the Lindsey firing?

by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2020 5:10 AM

"We wouldn’t even have to rehearse. We’ve got a couple of duets that are really great. We do “Landslide” and “Two Ghosts” together really well. We actually have five or six terrific acoustic numbers that we could do at the drop of a hat. "

She just thinks Harry is her new Lindsey Buckingham/Tom Petty. She's latched onto him. She is always sinking her teeth into some guy.

by Anonymousreply 88December 3, 2020 5:11 AM

Yikes, Stevie delivers a burn to Zayn in that Vogue interview

by Anonymousreply 89December 3, 2020 9:56 AM

She has to mentioned that she gave Harry a very manly ring. This was after the Vogue cover..

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2020 12:33 PM

Stevie heading into 1D stan wars? You just know she loves drama.

by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2020 6:05 PM

I think Stevie had Lindsey kicked out because she doesn't want to make albums of new material - solo or with Fleetwood Mac, and Lindsey was the one always pushing to release albums. She'll do occasional singles, but she's done with albums. She wants to spend the rest of her 'youth' touring the oldies, making shows about witches and hanging out with Harry Styles. She's genuinely obsessed with him. Fleetwood Mac is done.

by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2020 7:32 PM

because she knows full albums of new material don’t sell anymore, and that people who pay $250 for a decent concert ticket don’t want to hear them. They tour on oldies now and can make a fortune with less effort than learning new songs and perfecting a set list and whatnot. Stevie is 72 now, she did her share of new material in her life.

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2020 8:12 PM

She doesn't want Christine and Lindsey to performed their Buckingham mcvie songs on the FM tour because it will excluse her.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2020 8:17 PM

the ship sailed for the Buckingham McVie thing. They played theaters and clubs and the album was hardly noticed, while Stevie sold out arenas. They’d be foolish to try to include that material in an FM set. They’d be better off including “Love Will Show Us How” or “Got a Hold On Me” or even Chicken Shack music.

by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2020 8:24 PM

Stevie did not sell out arenas by herself. She has really grated on me recently. About half the show I went to was her telling stories about her life and her voice was not good. No dynamics left and her range is very limited. Also, her new live album did not sell well at all.

by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2020 8:29 PM

well I don’t recall half the arena getting up and leaving after The Pretenders finished their opening act.

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2020 8:42 PM

"Then we joined Fleetwood Mac and moved to LA and he became very jealous. I was trustworthy but he didn’t trust me, so he tortured me every day until I ended up having an affair.’ That affair was with another man called Lindsay, who worked in a friend’s restaurant. Then there was Mick Fleetwood. She says it wasn’t out of revenge that she started the affair – they just fell in love. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2020 10:46 PM

She is now 100 million dollar richer prob giving it all away to Karen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2020 4:27 AM

R99 about half of that will go to taxes. The rest will probably go to her son/lover Harry Styles. She's already showering him with $5 million dollar gifts.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2020 4:30 AM

Jeez, how did this thread devolve into a Stevie-hating party? Bitter queens, the whole lot of you.

By the way, "Him" is Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2020 3:23 PM

R101. 'Him' has got to be Joe Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2020 5:10 PM

she doesn’t love LindsEy

by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2020 5:36 PM

R103, she did when she wrote the song in 1984.

Try to keep up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2020 6:23 PM

R104 In 1984 she was just coming off a tour with Joe Walsh. I believe Joe said about the relationship " I must have fucked her a thousand times". Stevie had a lot of lovers. It's not like she was sitting alone pining after Lindsey all the time.

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2020 6:36 PM

Walsh was a diversion.

by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2020 6:41 PM

R106 Stevie is a proficient fabulist. She changers her stories so often it's hard to keep track. That's what keeps the mystery alive and dopes like me talking about her, so I don't really know. Does Stevie even know? She changes her mind like she changes costumes during a show.

by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2020 6:48 PM

R104 Stevie lies about how impactful LindsEy was to her, it was more about how much money she was able to make in the FM heyday.

1984 music would be about Joe Walsh for sure. She didn’t want ANYTHING to do with Buckingham for years.

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2020 8:38 PM

Is Stevie dying?

She apparently liquidated all future profits to her songs.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2020 8:41 PM

Stevie sold her LIKENESS. That's crazy. Can't wait for the Stevie Nicks Funko Pop!!!

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2020 8:49 PM

I think Karen has something to do with it...

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2020 9:52 PM

Karen seems very Karen-ish.

I wonder if Stevie intends to leave her money to her niece, the only daughter of her ailing brother. Celebrity net worth said Stevie was about $75 million, and now add $50 million to that its a very decent pile of money. Not as rich as Madonna or Oprah, or Aerin Lauder, but it’s not bad.

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2020 10:55 PM

She probably thought she was going to live forever.

by Anonymousreply 113December 5, 2020 11:08 PM

Joe Walsh has been married five times.

by Anonymousreply 114December 5, 2020 11:39 PM

R114. He is self professed white trash so that doesn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2020 12:33 AM

R114, his latest one is his longest marriage, he probably like the perks of being associated with the beatles as his wife’s twin sister is married to Ringo Starr and they go to different star studded events together.

by Anonymousreply 116December 6, 2020 12:45 AM

[QUOTE] that’s interesting because Stevie had an affair with Mick Fleetwood who was once married to a British model named Jenny whose sister Patty was married to George Harrison and inspired Clapton’s “Layla” song.

Jenny gave up the glamor life and I believe went back to college and became a psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 117December 6, 2020 1:40 AM

News reports today that Bob Dylan has sold his entire back catalog, all music rights and royalties, to UMG for north of $300 mil, which seems like a bargain to me (his catalog is worth only 3x Stevie's and the same as Taylor Swift's?). No word if rights to his likeness is part of the deal.

So true about Joe Walsh at r116. He milks the Ringo/Beatles connection for all its worth.

by Anonymousreply 118December 8, 2020 1:48 AM

Joe Walsh, what a piker. Call me if / when you make it to Wifey No. 7.

by Anonymousreply 119December 8, 2020 3:18 AM

R118 He doesn't make much money from being in The Eagles. He needs revenue streams from elsewhere. Buddying up with Ringo helps.

by Anonymousreply 120December 8, 2020 3:29 AM

How much is ‘not much’ when you’re a recognizable name on a major oldies tour? Now that Glenn Frey is dead I would think it’s important that real Eagles be part of the show and not substitute players.

by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2020 11:53 AM

R121 its because Henley and the Azoffs are so massively fucking cheap and stingy, is why Walsh is still treated to this day like a day player in that outfit. Despite being a integral part of it and its defining sound for 40+ years.

Per Henley, the only "read Eagles" after Leadon and Meisner's departures were him and Frey. Full stop - listen to his interviews, he always talks like this. One of the stingiest, most money-oriented bastards in a business full of them. He tries to sue college students for using Eagles tunes in campus plays, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2020 3:27 PM

wasn’t Don Henley involved with the Epstein pedo island ?

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2020 4:17 PM

No not Epstein, but he had his own scandal back in the day when a pair of way underage groupies od'd while partying at his LA house. He was arrested and given a suspended sentence iirc, got lucky with a wrist slap. He's managed somehow to avoid the "pedo" label that dogs some of his contemporaries (ie, Page, Bowie, Glitter, etc).

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2020 4:23 PM

R124 is correct. There was a blind item a few years back about one of the girls writing an autobiography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2020 6:19 PM

R124 is correct. There was a blind item a few years back about one of the girls writing an autobiography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2020 6:19 PM

22 grams of coke and 6 ounces of weed is a lot. Was Stevie visiting?

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2020 2:14 AM

R127 here is the blind item

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 9, 2020 4:09 AM

I thought we don’t believe in CDAN here though

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2020 10:43 AM

R129 CDAN has become infiltrated with deplorables but that one is pretty old. I heard about the Henley thing years ago and the date of the arrest, description of the victims, and the description of the drugs match up with what was publicly reported.

by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2020 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!