Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Post a photo of a decorating/design style that is 'you'

I'll start . . .

Clean, non-fussy. Parallel & perpendicular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2020 6:44 AM

I'm a bit more old fashioned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2020 8:47 PM

Still, quite nice R1

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2020 8:49 PM

Man included.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2020 8:50 PM

Here is my bedroom and Bathroom. I make change to White House. I hope Jill Biden like it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2020 8:51 PM

My living room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2020 11:19 PM

I’m with r3. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2020 11:28 PM

British India but it's difficult to pull off in Minnesota so only the plants and cut crystal really make it into the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2020 11:35 PM

I like a homey and earthy home, both exterior and interior. So something out of the hobbit house would be my ideal as far as aesthetics go. Lots of wood, stones, rustic touches, etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2020 11:47 PM

i like this look but often the furniture is not comfortable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2020 11:58 PM

R3 is gorgeous. It would be a great space to have a party outdoors there.

This thread would be better if we posted our actual lounge rooms/bedrooms etc.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2020 12:05 AM

As a landlocked Flyover, I've always fantasized about a nautical/tropical environment. I guess I'd like to live in a lighthouse in Bora Bora.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2020 12:16 AM

R3 is boring and unimaginative, the fireplace in the middle of the AstroTurf patches is silly.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 12:16 AM

Which post was yours R12?

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Something like this.

Strong architecture. Od furniture mixed with old and new art. Not minimalist but space to move around easily and a bit spare. Contrasts of light and dark, colors and texture. A bit of wear and age. Luxury but not fussiness. Good floors and rugs. Textiles to a minimum. Lanterns not sparkly chandeliers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 12:43 AM

I live in a condo within an urban high-rise building. The picture posted has view that is somewhat similar to mine with the dark hardwoods and spacious windows. A few modern pieces of furniture and only a few decorative pieces. If anyone is wondering, I have a remote that controls the shades and can raise and lower the shades individually or all at once. Similar to the picture posted by R3 but I enjoy being on one of the upper floors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2020 1:20 AM

Lyndhurst, Tarrytown, NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 1:31 AM

Ingrid Bergman's apartment in "Indiscreet".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2020 3:08 AM

Very beautiful R14!

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2020 6:44 AM

This strikes my fancy and closely resembles my taste—a bit classic, but with a rustic bent (the exposed wooden beams).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2020 6:51 AM

R7 - that looks great - British India has always been my ideal style. Too bad Bombay Company is no more!

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 12:29 PM

I've been obsessed with Pueblo Revival, & the Santa Fe style for a long time. I love the feeling of living close to the Earth, and being enveloped (not buried) in it. This is a patio, and I hate the table and chairs, but this will give you some idea of the level of earthy romance and rusticity I'd prefer. Just chop off the very top of the photo, and suddenly you're indoors!

Very rustic with tons of natural elements, but with beautiful, hand made details...tiles, rugs, furniture and art. I want it neat, but I don't want anything to appear too new or manufactured. I'm not interested in living in what looks like a Pueblo Revival/American Southwest theme park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2020 2:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2020 2:42 PM

I live in NYC, so this is the best I can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2020 3:00 PM

I like mostly neutrals with a mix of clean-lined antiques and modern pieces. High ceilings and classic architecture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2020 3:00 PM

I love R16. The 1970 film “House of Dark Shadows“ was filmed at Lyndhurst.

A former coworker of mine was originally from Tarrytown. He said he was frequently homesick.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2020 3:32 PM

Something like this, but more Victorian overstuffed/ cluttered and with more colours

Absolutely maximalist, fussy and ornate as possible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2020 3:58 PM

R26, that looks like the inside of our local funeral parlor.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2020 4:13 PM

R26 must be a pretty damn cool funeral parlour then. Most of the ones I've seen are beige on beige inoffensiveness

This guy does some really nice Classic and Traditional interiors, a fellow DLer mentioned him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Spiders in the pueblo style. Yikes. Armies of arachnids

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2020 5:34 PM

I love this - would you just call it English Country?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Johnny Depp's penthouse den. Very cluttered, but very "masculine". Every frame mismatched. Lots of pillows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2020 1:19 AM

My preference is minimal yet cozy. But since I think most posters would find that boring, here's an alternative. I Googled "Georgian interior" and liked this photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Looks more Greek revival than Georgian.

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2020 2:55 AM

Off topic, but how does Matthew Perry have this beautiful home on the beach in Malibu? So beautiful. Not going to lie though, in this day and age I would rather be in the middle of nowhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2020 3:03 AM

R34 again...the house needs work, but it could be done for less than $500k. Bitch is asking $15 million, so he has wiggle room.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2020 3:05 AM

Thanks, R28. I love the pics of William Eubanks’ work. Those interiors are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2020 3:08 AM

The Kittredge apartment in Six Degree of Separation. Can't find a decent pic but I'm sure most of us have seen that film.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2020 3:23 AM

The older I get the more I’m drawn to color, perhaps an evolutionary imperative so I don’t trip over random objects and break a hip. In any case, I’m working these shades of blue into a lot of my rooms these days. I like this style too, although it’s pretty non-descript.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2020 3:26 AM

Priscilla Presley's long-time residence is for sale, and I could move right into that and not change a thing. Just curl-up on the couch: home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2020 3:32 AM

R39 yeah that is really beautiful, I love it too

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2020 4:11 AM

These are all a little sad (excluding the Laurent, but the scale of that one kind of removes it from realistic inclusion). I suppose it’s a reflection of the posters. Does nobody here consider themselves ‘cool’ at all or have any humour or fun about them? While most of these are very yikes, there are a couple that are at least comfortable, not ostentatious or like a film set, but zero of these have any kind of cool or urban / artistic energy to them. R5 is the only one that has any cool factor and it’s unintentional lol. Imagine likening yourself to the phrase ‘English country’. How cringe.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2020 4:48 AM

^*Lautner autocorrected, but in a fun way.

by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2020 4:49 AM

If I had the money ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2020 5:38 AM

My cup of tea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2020 6:01 AM

imagine having the ghost of Frank Furness to keep you company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2020 6:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!