Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ricky Schroeder calls the cops after he receives Rittenhouse backlash!

Actor Ricky Schroder called cops on Sunday over angry social media posts aimed at the “Silver Spoons” child star after he helped bail out Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen gunman accused of killing two people during a Kenosha, Wisconsin protest, TMZ reported.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to HuffPost Tuesday that Schroder reached out after “one person’s comments contained language that Mr. Schroder felt threatened by.”

“The comments reviewed by Sheriff’s personnel did not meet the criteria of Criminal Threats as defined by the Penal Code, but a Suspicious Circumstances report was taken,” a spokesperson wrote in an email. “Lost Hills Station Detective Bureau is investigating the incident and will continue monitoring for criminal acts.”

Schroder, 50, drew backlash on social media for a photo that shows him posing with Rittenhouse after donating a reported $150,000 to the accused killer’s $2 million bail. Rittenhouse was released Friday to await trial.

Rittenhouse’s defense lawyer, Lin Wood, posted the photo. In another entry, Wood thanked the “NYPD Blue” alum and My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell “for putting us over the top.”

Schroder apparently posted some of the messages he perceived as threats on Twitter with the message: “To my Democrat friends.”

Rittenhouse is charged with shooting to death two people and wounding one during a Kenosha, Wisconsin, protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. The teen, armed with an AR-15-style rifle, claims he acted in self-defense. He has received support from President Donald Trump and other Republicans.

Schroder, who starred in the 1979 version of “The Champ” with Jon Voight, made news last year with two arrests for suspected domestic abuse within the same month. Prosecutors declined to file charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2020 9:58 AM

Are there any Repug men who don't beat women and love guns?

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2020 9:12 PM

In the words of fellow deplorable Cawthorne:

Cry more, Repug!

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2020 9:13 PM

Snowflake

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2020 9:14 PM

He's such a snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2020 9:15 PM

So was that prop money on Silver Spoons real and he made off with it?

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]Schroder, who starred in the 1979 version of “The Champ” with Jon Voight, made news last year with two arrests for suspected domestic abuse within the same month.

Schroder and Voight -- was there something on the set of "The Champ"?

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2020 9:24 PM

Snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2020 9:26 PM

R6 Obviously!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2020 9:31 PM

So he’s ok with supporting a right-wing shooter, who actually killed people but he cries like a little bitch when someone uses harsh words towards him. Must be a Trumpsupporter.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2020 9:55 PM

And wasn't Faye Dunaway in The Champ, too? Was it something in the water at craft services?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2020 9:58 PM

False flag!

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2020 9:58 PM

All republicans are potential wife beaters.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]Was it something in the water at craft services?

Water? Those fuckers served me WATER?

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2020 10:00 PM

Damn, his soul matches his face.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2020 10:03 PM

It was self-defense, Ricky!

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2020 10:04 PM

Thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 10:09 PM

He should be glad he's not Emily Murphy/GSA; now that woman was mercilessly mocked!

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2020 10:10 PM

I weep for you, Ricky

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2020 10:20 PM

Will Ricky be starring in some made for TV movie as Kyle’s father painting him as a true American and a freedom fighter?

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2020 10:23 PM

Fuck his feelings!

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote] Rittenhouse backlash

Death threats are a little more than a "backlash"

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2020 6:39 AM

R21, you fucking apologist, if they were death threats, the police wouldn't have basically told him to fuck off with his snowflake ass.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2020 6:44 AM

When did Ricky start going off the deep deplorable end exactly?

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2020 6:50 AM

When he looked in the mirror and realized he belonged on a Nazi recruitment poster.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2020 6:51 AM

He is only 50?! He looks like he is a 58 yo.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote]Death threats are a little more than a "backlash"

I get that in your warped, deplorable world, your opinions/conspiracies alone count as proof, but law enforcement and judges actually need something called "evidence." Whining like a bitch or being a sore loser don't count as evidence, despite what the orange moron you worship told you.

I bet you're the same type of asshole who even with a video of some incident involving a black person being harassed, you still want a backstory and the entire history of that black person before you judge. Meanwhile, you know not a fucking thing in this situation except Schroeder's claim and the police telling him it's bullshit and you still claimed "death threat" without even knowing a fucking thing

Typical, whining, deplorable hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2020 6:55 AM

Do we know the content of the tweet in question? I don't think we do.

Social media has failed to moderate their platforms to the point that some people are just in the habit of spouting off something threatening or disgusting at any given moment, without a second thought. And some trolls will fake threats, like the Gamergaters who were faking death threats, or the Trumpsters online who say they got threats and then somehow never cough up even one screenshot.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2020 7:04 AM

Give that boy a Bodyguard!

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2020 7:05 AM

Sno-flake Schroder should trend on Twitter if it hasn't already.

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2020 7:06 AM

R27, the cops read it, patted the little snowflake on his head, and sent him home. They don't do that for death threats.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2020 7:09 AM

As a public service announcement, the nutballist, extreme right wing Schroders eschew the use of the letter "e" proclaiming it a vastly overused and conspiratorial letter aimed at taking such a RIGHTEOUS (yet dried out reptilian family) down.

Too many Schroder victimized family members, not enough sorrow for these grifters.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2020 7:17 AM

That's my assumption as well, R30.

I don't know why he called the cops to his home, anyway, other than he's being a brat. Everyone I've known who has contacted police for online threats had to go to a station and fill out reports and provide printouts for evidence.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2020 7:29 AM

Maybe Ricky's TV Dad pulled a train one too many times on him, hence the anger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Well, he's done in Hollywood. Not only is he a right-wing idiot who supports murderers, he's also a whiny little bitch. Not exactly leading man material.

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2020 8:44 AM

I think Hollywood regurgitated him a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Once an asshole, always an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2020 8:49 AM

Rittenhouse’s attorney Lin Wood is also working for the TRump campaign on election issues. He has represented clients such as JonBenet Ramsey’s parents, Herman Cain, ex-Rep. Gary Condit, and Richard Jewell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2020 8:59 AM

Hilarious. The Trump era has really exposed some batshit crazy individuals like Schroeder.

Hollywood is taking notes and making lists.

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2020 9:01 AM

R32, he was probably afraid if he went in person to the police station he would be mobbed by hordes of autograph-seeking fans.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2020 9:20 AM

Why do so many child stars come from trashy backgrounds?

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2020 9:50 AM

[quote] Death threats are a little more than a "backlash"

Sure, R21.

I mean, it's not like the people making the alleged threats actually MURDERED anyone with an assault rifle, the way that Rittenhouse did.

You know, the MURDERER that Ricky Schroeder bailed out? Yeah, that guy.

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2020 9:53 AM

[quote] Hilarious. The Trump era has really exposed some batshit crazy individuals like Schroeder.

Totally.

Another fucking MAGAT Deplorable nutjob politician from NY actually started floating the idea that Rittenhouse should run for public office!

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2020 9:56 AM

So, do you think Schroeder has a perverse crush on him and it’s an attempt to get I his pants?

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2020 9:57 AM

I know you're joking r39 but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually think that.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2020 9:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!