Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Aaron Tveit gay?

My gaydar tells me that he is (especially with all of his Broadway credentials), but I just saw him in an episode of Law & Order SVU as a basketball player, and he had that street talk down PAT.

Also, his wiki says that he had a "girlfriend" from 2005-2007.

Well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 29, 2023 9:34 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 8:13 PM

I think he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 8:15 PM

Are you sure about that, R1?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 8:15 PM

Grease, Rent, Wicked, Hairspray.

Hmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 8:16 PM

Aaron is certainly no Garrett Clayton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 8:25 PM

The rumours from the old Broadway Sex threads was yes, closeted, picks up twinks at the stage door. A poster apparently lived in the same building (or knew someone who did) and often saw the twinks leaving late/the next morning.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote]I just saw him in an episode of Law & Order SVU as a basketball player, and he had that street talk down PAT.

Huuuurrr duuuuurrr

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 8:32 PM

I had a feeling he was a top, R6.

He played the white thug role really well.

Cute as hell, too.

But it just didn't add up for me, knowing his Broadway and musical theater background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 8:34 PM

Sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 9:06 PM

Just saw Tveit slumming in a Hallmark movie in which he played the prince of some ersatz European duchy, but is initially mistaken for a commoner. He and his mother (and handsome security man) are stranded in the U.S. near Christmas, without a way to immediately get back to the mother country. And hotels near the airport are all booked. So they're rescued by a well-meaning cardiac nurse whose family (natch) happens to own a charming inn in Connecticut. The royals decamp to the woman's family's inn and hilarity ensues.

Tveit adopts a properly British accent, because, hey, all royals in Hallmark movies have to sound British. The thing with Tveit, though, is that here he was thin as a rail, almost sickly, and had a greasy mop of hair that did him no favors. And the wardrobe department dressed him in ill-fitting suits. His security man, on the other hand, was darkly handsome and a bit more rugged. And the pairing made me wonder if, sometime in the past, they hadn't hooked up in some drafty drawing room.

Initially, Tveit's prince character was churlish and unpleasant, almost to the point where you had to wonder what the writers were thinking. What Connecticut cardiac nurse with a heart of gold would want this a-hole? Of course, there can't be a romance without the leading man's change of heart, so he eventually warms to the nurse. Cue the product placement and the required tree-decorating montage.

And this being a Hallmark TV movie, there had to be a crisis. In this one, it's that the prince is photographed at a stateside Christmas event with the nurse (horrors) and the one newspaper in his home country runs the pic on the front page. OMG. A national disgrace. How can he win back the hearts of his petty and nationalistic people? Can he pull off the annual Christmas address while being appropriately warm and fuzzy?

Most of this was more cloying than super-sweet eggnog, but IMHO was saved by the veteran actress who played the queen. I kept hoping she would slap Tveit's character hard across the face. Until the last third of the movie, the prince was so misanthropic, he deserved dunking in the nearest moat. But like all Hallmark efforts, in the end he learned to mend his ways, charm the nurse and his public back home. Big kiss and fade out.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 11:37 AM

Thank You, r10.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 11:55 AM

He always pinged to me somewhat....not too strongly....but there seemed to be a lack of any credible rumors. Whatever the reality, I would like him to fuck me slowly and lovingly.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 12:18 PM

whatever he is...he sings the shit out of this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 12:20 PM

Not gay, just broadway.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 12:21 PM

thank you R10, but a Duchy wouldn’t have a queen. The highest rank in a Duchy is the reigning Duke.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Pass the duchy on the right hand side.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 12:36 PM

I saw him in Moulin Rouge on stage and he doesn't really do anything for me, so don't care if he is gay or straight. He seems kind of asexual.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote] Also, his wiki says that he had a "girlfriend" from 2005-2007.

Why would WIki have a line like that? If he dated someone famous, yes, but just to put that he had a girlfriend for two years is odd.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 1:22 PM

I assumed when is was announced he'll essentially win the Tony this year by default that he was gay...no straight guy has floppy hair like that. That's hair begging to be grabbed in a fierce fucking.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2020 1:31 PM

R18 Presumably added by one his frau fans who can't stand the idea of someone thinking he might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2020 1:38 PM

I like to duchy before anal.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2020 2:33 PM

Rofl R10! Your review sounds better than the actual movie.

Do you happen to remember the name of it? I'd like to keep an eye out for it on the Hallmark Channel.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2020 5:24 PM

R22, "One Royal Holiday"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2020 5:44 PM

Thanks, R23!

I'll be on the lookout for it on the HC.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Why does it have to be either or? Maybe he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2020 5:49 PM

"Aaron Tveit on His Princely Role in 'One Royal Holiday' & Hopes for a Sequel"

Yes, this Christmas movie premieres on Halloween. But once you see the chemistry between Broadway faves — and longtime friends — Laura Osnes and Aaron Tveit in One Royal Holiday, Tveit's romantic Countdown to Christmas debut, you’ll understand why. And, just like the two stars, we hoping it's the start of a Hallmark Channel franchise

“We started joking about that the first day,” Tveit says. “The next one could be One Royal Wedding. One Royal Baby..." (They’ll have to come up with new duets too — here, they sing Winter Wonderland for the opening credits.)

Tveit plays buttoned-up James, who’s stranded in snowy New England days before Christmas. Sympathetic nurse Anna (Osnes), unaware he’s the Crown Prince of Galwick, offers him and his mother (Tony winner Victoria Clark) rooms at her family’s Connecticut inn. While reclining by the tree and taking an impromptu carriage ride, James and the unlucky-in-love Anna slowly open up to each other, and he finds inspiration for the heartfelt holiday address he must deliver to his people.

The actor — who earlier this month scored his first Tony nomination for starring as bohemian Christian in Moulin Rouge! The Musical and is now filming an untitled Apple TV+ musical comedy series set in the magical land of Schmigadoon — hadn't worked since Broadway went dark in March (and he recovered from Covid-19). Then he received the One Royal Holiday script out of the blue in June. “I thought it was so simple and straightforward and heartwarming and meaningful,” he says. “And the timing for me—I was very, very grateful for many, many reasons.”

The movie was a chance to properly work with Osnes, with whom he'd only previously done concert events. The cast and crew formed their own little bubble in July, staying at the two Woodstock, Connecticut inns that were used for shooting. “It was a wonderful thing to get right to working so early in this new world, and to see that it could work,” he says. “There was a comfort in knowing that we were all together, in the same boat. And something that I didn't realize till afterwards is that in a time that's so not normal, once the cameras are rolling, I got to do something that was very normal. It was quite a gift.”

Here, we asked Tveit to preview a few of the presents that await viewers. Bonus: the movie's costume designer, Lorraine Coppin, chimes in on her greatest finds.

Of course he has one; Galwick is a (fictional) country in northern Europe. Tveit initially pitched a Scandinavian accent, in honor of his own ancestry. "I thought, 'How fun could that be?' I think they thought I was joking, but I was serious," he says with a laugh. Deciding it might pull a little too much focus, he opted for what he describes as a traditional, upper-class British accent. "The idea was maybe James studied in London," he reasons. "There's a heightened quality to that accent that helps sell the royalty factor."

Every leading man in a Hallmark Christmas movie needs one. Bravo to this film for making it a genuine plot point. At first, James is all business, worrying about winning over his people and the prime minister back home, so he only wears suits. But then Prince (Eventually) Charming loosens up enough to borrow a cozy cable knit from his security detail, Christopher (Bradley Rose). “It definitely was a big discussion point,” Tveit admits of finding the sweater. While it may have its own Chris Evans-in-Knives Out moment, that movie wasn't Coppin's inspiration (she hadn't even seen it). She says she just wanted something that looked authentic — "sexy, but rugged and wintery, without being over the top." Her first choice was a wool fisherman's sweater that both she and Tveit thought was gorgeous, just not ideal for filming in the middle of summer. "It was meant-to-block-out-the-wind-off-the-North-Sea kind of real," he says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2020 5:55 PM

Because of the bubble, Coppin wasn't allowed to shop in person, so she scoured the internet looking for a more breathable option and found the cotton J.Crew match (above). "He was so happy that he was like, 'Can I have that on my way out the door?'" Coppin remembers. Tveit went home with the sweater and James' three-piece pinstripe Connaisseur Paris suit (below), she says.

A good holiday movie uses the requisite Christmas activities to advance the story, not just as set decoration. In addition to the aforementioned heart-to-hearts in front of the Kentsbury Inn's Christmas tree and during the carriage ride back from the town's parade, there's a gingerbread house contest that reveals more than James' passion for architecture (Tveit's skills were rusty: "I think the only gingerbread house I ever built was in fifth grade," he says). Even the caroling, led by the mayor/Anna's friend Sara (fellow Broadway vet Krystal Joy Brown), serves a purpose other than simply making us wonder how well James should sing. "It was definitely a question," Tveit admits. "I thought, maybe James can sing, he's just a bit reluctant to do so. So my focus was more about him being a little late to the game. I think that's what pays off: When I finally do join in, it's at a time where he's gone through some changes and Laura's character has clearly affected him in a way that he feels comfortable enough to do that now."

It all builds to this. Naturally, Osnes — who earned the first of her two Tony nominations starring in Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella, with Clark as her Fairy Godmother — took lead on choreographing the climactic dance. “One afternoon, we spent about an hour out in front of our inn, in the parking lot, staging this waltz in street clothes,” Tveit recalls with another laugh. “People from the crew were walking by, turning their heads, not knowing what we were doing.” On the day they shot it, their efforts stopped the show: “It was a point of pride for us," he says.

Equally applause-worthy is Osnes' sparkly MAC Duggal gown, one of 10 options the costume department considered. Says Coppin, "It was the second dress we put on her, and we never tried the other eight. We were like, 'It's Grace Kelly. It's Cinderella. It's perfect." (That's true; it has pockets.)

We predict this movie will be in rotation for years to come. "I hope so," says Tveit. He discovered just how popular Hallmark's holiday movies are when his father shared that a couple of his golf buddies were "very surprised and very excited" to hear that he'd be doing one. "That just goes to show the wide reach of these and how many people love them. Because it's a great thing, right? You get to come together and tune into these great stories with your family. If this can become a part of people's holiday experience and they want to see it [every year], that's a very special thing to be a part of." Especially if One Royal Wedding were to get the greenlight. "We mentioned it to the writer, that we'd have the whole plot of the next film already worked out," he says. "So whenever they want to start filming, let us know."

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2020 5:57 PM

A buck is a buck.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 6:02 PM

R15 Thanks for the info.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2020 11:17 AM

Is Aaron still pretending to be straight?

[quote] Tveit was in a relationship with musical theatre actress Jacqui Polk from 2005 to 2007.

[quote] As of 2021, he is in a relationship with his Moulin Rouge! co-star Erika Hunter.

MARY! Come out, already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2021 3:19 AM

Sure. Why not OP

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2021 3:22 AM

Aaron's younger brother is a Catholic archbishop.

No wonder he's so deep in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2021 3:24 AM

He's done a couple of duets with the out Gavin Creel. Creel was playful. Tveit was stiff (and not the good kind). He certainly has no flair.

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Like most closeted guys R33, they hold back so as not to appear "gay."

But I'm almost 100% sure he is gay.

I just wish that Aaron would come out, already.

He's 38 years old ffs. Why hide in the closet??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2021 3:35 AM

R21, That's known as a "Grand Duchy" in the trade.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2021 4:39 PM

I believe he'd fuck anyone who sucks up to him.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2021 4:42 PM

He's managed to keep his personal life under wraps. Many of his contemporaries weren't half as discreet (Michael Arden, Matt Morrison).

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2021 4:51 PM

[Quote] He's 38 years old ffs. Why hide in the closet??

Does it help his career?

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2021 4:52 PM

Face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2021 4:57 PM

Aaron had been with guys. I know one of them. However, he's not "gay" gay (as Whoopi would say). It's complicated. And yes, R6 is right as to the type.

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2021 4:57 PM

Is one of the twinks to blame for the side bang situation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2021 5:00 PM

Right, and we always believe when people tell us they've slept with so and so...

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2021 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2021 5:03 PM

Aaron in the 2008 Off-Broadway musical "Saved," as a young man temporarily residing at a Christian treatment center for homosexuality

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2021 5:05 PM

Who cares if Tveit is gay or not? He&s so fucking boring. And that hair needs a qualified stylist. He looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 45October 3, 2021 5:24 PM

Gaydom can confer a soupcon of interest.

by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote]Pass the duchy on the right hand side.

The Duchy of Grand Fenwick?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2021 5:39 PM

Aaron as "the bad boy" in "Schmigadoon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2021 5:40 PM

Should be new detective on the "Law & Order" re-boot.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2021 11:55 PM

Is Aaron Tveit gay? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote]Is one of the twinks to blame for the side bang situation?

I like the side bang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2021 3:01 AM

Aaron Kyle Tveit, turns 38 this month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2021 3:06 AM

Here he is with a rainbow which indicate that he's a hippie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote] saved by the veteran actress who played the queen

R10 Anyone we'd know?

Are talking about this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] Is one of the twinks to blame for the side bang situation?

It's his personal homage to the late Ayn Rand.

It's very touching, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Aaron looks hotter with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Great body... butterface.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2021 3:28 AM

On the Late Show with Stephen Colbert:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 10, 2021 1:58 AM

R24 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 5:27 AM

Aaron singing Tonight/Balcony Scene (West Side Story)-New York Philharmonic New Year’s Eve: Bernstein on Broadway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2021 5:53 AM

Blinded by Aaron Tveit. Revved up like a duchy, another runner in the night...

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2021 6:01 AM

R32 Aaron's younger brother Jon is a recently ordained priest in the Archdiocese of New York, *not* an archbishop!

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2021 7:10 AM

Aaron Tveit and Gavin Creel Sing "Take Me or Leave Me" from RENT.

They should have kissed at the end. They finally smooched on American Horror Story episodes "Rubber (Wo) Man".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 21, 2021 7:08 AM

He’s aged badly. He’s all jowls now.

by Anonymousreply 64December 21, 2021 7:17 AM

Seems odd to be closeted in musical theater. If he is, it must be for personal family reasons.

by Anonymousreply 65December 21, 2021 8:10 PM

He hot none theless

by Anonymousreply 66August 28, 2022 12:41 AM

r66 = drunk Aaron, bumping his thread again

by Anonymousreply 67August 28, 2022 12:43 AM

He doesn't bumpi as frequently as the Tom Draxl devotee.

by Anonymousreply 68August 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Does he have HIV or a drug problem?

by Anonymousreply 69August 28, 2022 3:53 AM

R40, would it be more accurate to say he’s bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 70August 28, 2022 3:55 AM

I wouldn’t kick him out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 71August 28, 2022 4:01 AM

I dont care what he is...all I know is after watching this clip of him singing "Maria" from West Side Story, I want him. Its exceptional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2022 4:14 AM

I love him. He was my lover!

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2022 4:53 AM

Aaron appreciates and Raul Esparza QUEENS the fuck out over the beautiful voices of Kelli O'hara and the Queen of everything, Audra McDonald. Lily's Eyes.

No doubt they should sing this song together. I wouldn't complain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 28, 2022 5:01 AM

He is very sexy, and I’d do him.

by Anonymousreply 75September 5, 2022 10:42 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 76October 29, 2023 6:31 AM

Is the ass tight?

by Anonymousreply 77October 29, 2023 6:39 AM

Uber gay

by Anonymousreply 78October 29, 2023 9:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!