Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cast your eyes on the young Henry John Heinz

A mere horseradish salesman in 1864, soon to be a condiment mogul.

Would you lust after his gherkin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2020 10:29 PM

Midget.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2020 5:18 PM

Dandy

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2020 5:20 PM

Yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2020 5:21 PM

He's wearing the checkered pattern that Every Office Gay wears today.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2020 5:23 PM

For those into grand daddies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2020 5:23 PM

Probably takes forever to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2020 5:30 PM

I prefer Hunt's. Heinz is too vinegary.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2020 5:32 PM

R6 Just like the bottle. I mean, you shake and shake and shake and eventually your arm gets tired and....

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2020 5:34 PM

Hunt's is dreadful

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2020 5:34 PM

His paternal grandmother was a Trump, according to Wikipedia (see r5's link.)

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Not that great looking. Does the money make him more attractive to you?

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2020 6:34 PM

He's fabulous in that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2020 7:47 PM

His head is too big. Something must be done. Help.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2020 8:45 PM

R10 I was about to say "that's a common name" but indeed, ancestors of Trump were distant cousins to the Heinzes through Charlotte Trump Heinz).

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2020 8:48 PM

Remember when the Republicans were boycotting Heinz during the 2004 election because of Teresa Heinz Kerry? Fuck that, Hunt's is gross.

By the way, WHET Teresa Heinz Kerry? I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2020 8:50 PM

Does he cum ketchup?

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2020 8:52 PM

I liked Teresa too. She basically told one of the evil right wing reporters who were chasing her down to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2020 9:02 PM

Coincidentally, I've been reading a biography of Henry John Heinz, and it's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Things I learned from it:

Heinz made his reputation on guaranteeing the purity and wholesomeness of his bottled/canned foods, which he originally prepared and peddled himself as a young teenager. What was typical in food manufacturing in those days was to adulterate foods (for example, adding water and chalk to fresh milk), and to make them with the very cheapest, poorest quality ingredients, so his obsession with quality and purity made his brand stand out.

Ketchup was originally a delicacy in the US, with the best quality ketchups imported from England. A small bottle of ketchup cost approximately a week's wages for the average working man, which meant it was only found on the tables of the wealthy and at high-class restaurants. What the working class used as a condiment was celery sauce, which every housewife made regularly.

Tomato ketchups were originally quite thin and runny. Heinz kept working on his mom's recipe and over the years made it thicker and thicker. Since he was producing the ketchup in the US and had even invested in his own glass bottling plant, he was able to beat the prices of the expensive imported ketchups with ease. And by making it affordable to the working class, ketchup eventually was no longer a luxe condiment used only by the wealthy but became the commonly used condiment it is today.

Also, Heinz deeply believed in benevolent capitalism: that the owner of a business had a moral obligation to pay his workers well and treat them fairly and kindly. He expected a great deal from his workers, but he took care of them, too.

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2020 4:01 PM

Mike Hunt's "sauce" is yummy...and odiferous

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote] Would you lust after his gherkin?

No, but I’d like to meet his tailor.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2020 4:59 PM

Back in the day I would have - looks very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2020 7:41 PM

BJ lips and BDF. I ate his ketchup on fries this afternoon; I can still taste it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2020 8:03 PM

Colored boy?

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2020 8:06 PM

Fuck yeah! I'd do him 57 ways.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2020 8:07 PM

Hunt's is disgusting; it tastes like sweetened tomato sauce.

Heinz is the king of ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2020 8:12 PM

I'd eat his smegma on my fries .

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2020 8:18 PM

I finally see where Rupert the Bear got his wardrobe. He ate this dude.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2020 10:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!