Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doug Emhoff

Doesn't it feel great we're replacing that evangelist zombie/alien with a hot Jewish daddy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2020 3:05 AM

His credentials...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2020 4:54 AM

Doug is quite handsome. But, his kids are hideous.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2020 2:07 AM

Dear Lord, I always strove to put the Christ in Christmas. Why hast thou forsaken me?

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2020 2:12 AM

Love him. Huge improvement over "Mother" who works at a school that throws kids out for being gay

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote] Love him. Huge improvement over "Mother" who works at a school that throws kids out for being gay

Agree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2020 2:20 AM

What will he be referred to as?

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2020 2:30 AM

Even though Trump tries daily to shit in our purse, it does feel great that we're entering at least 4 years of sanity.

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2020 3:14 AM

I love Kamala’s pride jacket!

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2020 10:18 AM

Not to piss on the joy of sending Mother away, but he is not hot.

Nonetheless, would out of shear gratitude for banishing the Second Karen.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2020 10:20 AM

Pelosi was also in that parade, she was in a convertible with her small grandson and spoke after Kamala. Later, some bishop or archbishop wrote an op-Ed that she could be denied holy communion in her parish because of her support for the gay community. It’s easy these days to take the support of older politicians for granted but I admire any 80 year old who keeps supporting us. It may be an ultra conservative bishop but when you’ve been raised in the church and you’re 80 it takes some balls to carry on, ignore those guys and keep your faith

Doug is “husband material hot” He’s awkward, he’s not slick and polished when he appears with Kamala but he seems like the kind of guy who would be good husband/boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2020 10:24 AM

[quote]Pelosi was also in that parade, she was in a convertible with her small grandson and spoke after Kamala. Later, some bishop or archbishop wrote an op-Ed that she could be denied holy communion in her parish because of her support for the gay community. It’s easy these days to take the support of older politicians for granted but I admire any 80 year old who keeps supporting us. It may be an ultra conservative bishop but when you’ve been raised in the church and you’re 80 it takes some balls to carry on, ignore those guys and keep your faith

I remember reading about that bishop. I was raised Catholic, but the majority of family is on the liberal side. One ultra conservative Catholic relative of mine has posted for the past year or so with claims that Pelosi and Biden have been excommunicated because of their liberal views on abortion, gay rights, and other subjects.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]Pelosi was also in that parade, she was in a convertible with her small grandson and spoke after Kamala. Later, some bishop or archbishop wrote an op-Ed that she could be denied holy communion in her parish because of her support for the gay community. It’s easy these days to take the support of older politicians for granted but I admire any 80 year old who keeps supporting us. It may be an ultra conservative bishop but when you’ve been raised in the church and you’re 80 it takes some balls to carry on, ignore those guys and keep your faith

I remember reading about that bishop. I was raised Catholic, but the majority of family is on the liberal side. One ultra conservative Catholic relative of mine has posted for the past year or so with claims that Pelosi and Biden have been excommunicated because of their liberal views on abortion, gay rights, and other subjects.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote] Throughout the campaign, Weiss-Wolf was struck by how Emhoff interacted with Harris: "His presence and his pride and his sort of unfettered joy in the ascent of his wife is quite a remarkable sight, I think, for everybody — not just for women, but for men and for boys to see, too."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2020 12:22 AM

R13 that made me teary eyed.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote]hot Jewish daddy

WTF??? You need your eyes checked OP.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote]What will he be referred to as?

How about "The Vice-President's husband, Mr. Doug Emhoff" ... or is that too practical and respectful for you ...

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2020 12:30 AM

I think fuck monster.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2020 12:41 AM

Hot? He reminds me of that piece of man meant, Ed Koch.

But he does seem like a nice guy and he's totally supportive of his politician spouse too.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2020 12:51 AM

R11, does your relative also claim that the Pope has been excommunicated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2020 12:51 AM

I meant man-MEAT not meant!

Duh!

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2020 12:52 AM

I disapprove that Ms. Harris doesn’t take his married name but it is a Jewish name and of course they killed Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2020 12:53 AM

He came on stage to help grab the microphone back when some rando took the microphone. He looked sexy all angry and aggravated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2020 12:58 AM

Meeting the in-laws

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2020 1:02 AM

R16 Because women in these positions have never been afforded respect, practicality or a choice in what they are called many people are still in that mindset when of course a man will be given respect just for being male and everybody will be careful not to emasculate him. God help the woman in that position who would have insisted upon being publicly addressed by her maiden name rather than second lady or Mrs husband's name.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2020 1:54 PM

Second Gentleman

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 1:58 PM

he will also be the head of the Senate Spouses (formerly senate wives) association

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2020 2:01 PM

Mr Pelosi is old as dirt but he's still an incredible handsome and sexy man.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2020 2:05 PM

The Willis’ have come a long way indeed.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2020 2:16 PM

r28 is a racist.

Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2020 7:13 PM

r29, the Willis’ we’re groundbreaking characters and Kamala is a groundbreaking politician.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2020 7:18 PM

*were

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2020 7:19 PM

How can Kamala be satisfied with Doug's kosher pecker when she's enjoyed the BBCs of Willie Brown and Montel Williams?

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2020 7:23 PM

The marriage works because it was a late in life marriage by two people who seemed to learn from their past mistakes and make a conscious effort not to repeat them and to work on the marriage. I don’t know anything about Kamala’s dating life, I’m sure she doesn’t discuss any lurid details in her book but she was right to go for a stable man, good career, divorced but good father who gets along with the ex. He obviously did something divorced guys rarely do, he learned from whatever went wrong in his marriage and then worked on a relationship with a same aged woman. Good for them. A lot of middle aged singles are bitter, wallowing in self pity, taking absolutely zero responsibility for their part in their divorce, chasing after women half their age or big dick bad boys and repeating the same mistakes over and over and acting totally surprised that they can’t have a healthy relationship. Of course you have dysfunctional idiots who are serious when they say ooh Kamala will miss big Willie or Doug earns a million he could have a 20 year old chick but all they are doing is telling you exactly why they are divorced and not capable of being a good partner to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2020 12:51 AM

It may be worth noting that he and Kamala are exactly one week apart in age.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]it was a late in life marriage

They're like my age! You make it sound like they're a couple of widowed 80 year olds who met at bingo.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2020 1:58 AM

I believe he goes by “Jack.”

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2020 2:00 AM

R35 A marriage that happens when a couple is way beyond reproductive age is a late in life marriage. The average age of first marriage is 26 for women. Kamala was 50. That’s a late in life marriage by any standard.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2020 2:01 AM

R35 And how many straight men you’re age have never been married? 80 is an end of life marriage!

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2020 2:05 AM

I like him and I'm happy for him (and her of course), but he is the definition of AWG - which is partly why they're so endearing together.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2020 3:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!