Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amber Heard Looks like Ava Gardner

What do you think?

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2020 2:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2020 7:05 PM

Dyke, please.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2020 7:05 PM

In Amber's dreams.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2020 7:11 PM

OP, you're legally blind, honey, your girlfriend's been keeping it from you.

Think about opening a computer repair shop.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2020 7:11 PM

No. Cybill Shepherd, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2020 7:12 PM

She just popped up in some old movie I was watching. Alpha Dog about a true-life kidnapping. She's in it for five minutes platying some slutty girl who has a threesome with Amanda Seyfried and Anton Yeltchin. And I just thought -- that's who she is. A slutty actress willing to show her tits for a five minute role in a movie at a very young age. Just... no sense of shame or morality or anything. I think she's a sociopath. Anything for fame. And she's so fucking forgettable and bland.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2020 7:14 PM

No, she doesn't. Amber is white trash from Texas. Everyone knows that Ava was part Black.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2020 7:17 PM

Time for new prescriptions OP. She looks like Kristen Stewart with square jawlines in that photo.

Her talent consists of fucking the right people for roles and getting an older man to marry her. I have little doubt she’s a sociopath judging from her taped phone calls with Depp and her lies inconsistent with claims of being a innocent victim of abuse. If she wasn’t pretty she would’ve been in jail for whatever crimes she would’ve perpetuated if she didn’t become an actor. The jail paych patients I’d worked with were full of female sociopaths; there’s something about her that just fits with being a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2020 7:22 PM

[Quote] willing to show her tits for a five minute role in a movie at a very young age. Just... no sense of shame

Tits are shameful. Pecs aren't, of course.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2020 7:25 PM

No, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2020 7:27 PM

She’s very pretty, but generically so. There’s nothing distinctive about her.

And agree she’s a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2020 7:50 PM

Johnny Depp thinks Amber looks like Lauren Bacall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2020 7:58 PM

In your dreams!!! Ahahahahaha!!!

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2020 8:00 PM

Amber does look generic, pretty like a J Crew catalog model. Her personality though is straight up uneducated white trash.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2020 8:02 PM

When does she put on the other half of her black dress in OPs pic?

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2020 8:07 PM

Today I learned a new word: Melungeon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2020 8:34 PM

Amber is hard faced white trash.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2020 8:44 PM

I see that Johnny Depp's stans have infiltrated the thread.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Eyes are a little close together, body is always in shape. Good style in clothing. Seems like a lot of drama.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2020 9:03 PM

She always reminded me of a less distinctive version of model Shalom Harlow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2020 9:20 PM

R18 you don’t have to be a Depp stan to find Amber to be repulsive and sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2020 9:23 PM

I am far from a Depp fan, cannot stand the son of a bitch!

But, Amber looks NOTHING like Ava Gardner! Yes, she is pretty, but she is not exquisite like Gardner was.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2020 9:27 PM

R21= Johnny Depp stan

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2020 9:33 PM

Put 15-20 pounds on her and she'll look like any other woman.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2020 9:34 PM

R23 You’re a frau cunt fake feminist like your idol Amber

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2020 10:00 PM

Yeah, I first thought of Lauren Bacall. Or Grace Kelly or Michelle Pfeiffer or even Goldie Hawn... But Ava? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2020 10:15 PM

That she looks nothing like Ava Gardner...

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2020 10:15 PM

Her figure is good. She has pleasantly symmetrical features. They looked a little better when she was younger and "fresher" for lack of a better term. Prettiness without kindness, neediness without vulnerability, emotion without depth of feeling.

Meh. She's no Ava Gardner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2020 4:24 AM

#FireAmberHeard

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2020 4:45 AM

R16- From Where? Fascinating. Is Depp one?

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2020 5:00 AM

Bed shitter. She looks like a bed shitter.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2020 5:04 AM

She's beautiful, imo, and likely insane. Straight man kryptonite.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2020 5:05 AM

R16- Where? Fascinating! Is Depp one?

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2020 5:05 AM

"The Melungeons are filthy, their home is filthy," read a 1891 report published in the magazine Arena. "They are rogues, natural born rogues, close, suspicious, inhospitable, untruthful, cowardly and, to use their own word, sneaky. In many things they resemble the Negro. . . . They are an unforgiving people, although . . . they are slow to detect an insult, and expect to be spit upon."

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Sounds about right for Depp.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2020 5:08 AM

Regardless of what's been going on with Depp and although I've never been a huge of Ava, she's still superior to Amber. Amber is borderline plain looking. And completely charisma free.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2020 5:32 AM

R7 - Ava wasn't part black. She did, however, play the role of the white-passing black songstress in the later adaptation of "Showboat" in the 1950s. It's like saying everyone knows that Jeanne Crain was part black after her role in "Pinkie".

Gardner's skin was snow white, her hair straight as childhood photos show, she didn't look remotely "mixed race" - if anything, her looks suggest she may have been part Native American. Given the huge presence (always forgotten in these discussions) of the Eastern Cherokee there, it would be more likely.

Every brunette with dark hair, full lips, and dark eyes from the South isn't, ipso facto, part black.

What Gardner, who was ALSO poor white trash from North Carolina, told her most intimate biographer, was that her closest childhood friend was black, after which her then current lover, Howard Hughes, who was a first-class racist, stopped speaking to her. If Hughes even suspected Gardner was part black (which part? 1/4? 1/8? 1/5?), he would never have had anything to do with her. He didn't allow black workers in his aircraft factories.

It doesn't make one a pearl clutching racist to call out lies based on unprovable rumour. If you have proof besides rumour and assuming no white lady could possibly look like that, do provide it.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2020 12:31 PM

^Ava also played a mixed race Indian woman in "Bhowani Junction" - does "everyone know Gardner was part Indian"?

Gardner's looks were, imho, absolutely unique, not least for being all hers. Look at a photo of her at 18 and at 30 and you see the same unfair apportioning of DNA that needed nothing from plastic surgeons: the chin, the alabaster perfect skin, the beautiful bones, the thick glossy hair, the cheekbones (which are far more suggestive of Indian blood), the lips, the gorgeous figure . . . all hers at birth. No one else in Hollywood looked like her and no one, least of all Amber Heard, does now.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2020 12:37 PM

I want to lick Amber's cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2020 1:17 PM

Yuck. Pussy fumes. Put your legs together, skank!

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2020 1:33 PM

Ava Gardner is attractive but not a great beauty. She has heavily hooded eyes and a very prominent nose. She did have a good figure which is all straight men care about.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2020 2:02 PM

No but a lot of Romanian women do look like her. The mix of Eastern and Western is gorgeous. I think the Roman general was right that when you crossed the Carpathians the men and women would knock you over with their beauty (looks like the old general was a bit bi he he).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote] "Ava Gardner is no great beauty."

Fuck off, blind person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2020 5:44 PM

R43 is right. Spectacular features and bone structure. Simply statuesque individual.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2020 11:26 PM

R41 - Blind is an understatement. The woman was gorgeous by any standard. Sophia Loren had a large nose and small deep-set eyes. Elizabeth Taylor had heavy black eyebrows and a sharp chin.

It's the thing being greater than the sum of its parts. In Gardner's case, the sum was spectacular and, unlike, say, Rita Hayworth, a great beauty AFTER they dyed her hair, raised her hairline, and fixed her teeth, it was all natural and all hers.

Just "attractive"? Right - that's why she became a pinup and star. It was deep thespian talent allied to mere "attractiveness".

Great figures are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Faces like Gardner's, au naturelle, come along once in a very great while.

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2020 1:44 PM

I didn't know that DL has many Ava Gardner's fanatics. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2020 1:45 PM

Dear OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2020 3:17 PM

Why bother slut-shaming Amber when you can sociopath-shame her.

She’s garbage.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2020 4:45 AM

Helmut Berger: I would be the perfect pimp!

About his relationship with rock star Mick Jagger: “We had a threesome, Mick, me and Bianca. I introduced him to Bianca. Then he was with her. I also introduced Rod Stewart to his wife, Alana Hamilton. And I later introduced Britt Eklund to Rod Stewart when she was separated from Peter Sellers. I got all of my friends paired up. I would be the perfect pimp. "

Would Helmut Berger do it all over again and in exactly the same way?

Berger: “I don't know, those were different times back then. Today I want to grow old comfortably, not sick. I am afraid of illness. If I knew I had cancer, I would commit suicide. I am predisposed to do that. I don't know if I could get through this. And certainly not AIDS. "

And then Helmut Berger reveals that he likes to be chauffeured in a wheelchair to check-in at the airport, “it works faster”. He doesn't need any! “But I don't have to sit around and wait, no security and the whole thing. With the wheelchair I am on the plane in ten minutes, otherwise it takes two hours. "

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2020 5:45 AM

Oops, WRONG THREAD! LMAO

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2020 5:47 AM

It would not be Cherokee. They were in the western part of the state.

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2020 5:52 AM

R20 You go and wash your mouth out with soap, buddy! Amber should be so lucky as to crawl on her hands and knees over some of that alleged broken glass, to kiss the feet of my beloved, unique, exquisitely gorgeous Shalom Harlow.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2020 6:05 AM

R51 - I think that mobility was available enough for a stray Eastern Band of Cherokee or two to have made it into the Gardner woodpile. The state is also home to the Lumbee, Coharie, and other tribes. And you don't know where her family wandered from into NC, either.

She looks, to me, strikingly like someone with Native blood, although how someone "looks" is not necessarily proof of anything. You can find lots of women in Hungary, Russia, and other points in Eastern Europe with high cheekbones, full lips, short noses, and up-tilted eyes . . .

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2020 7:55 PM

Cherokee are from the western part. Smithfield are from the eastern. Chances are no. Plenty of other tribes in the state. Families migrated from east to west. And hardly migrated at all.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2020 9:08 PM

Amber Heard is naturally beautiful but crazy just like Jessica Alba, Megan Fox (pre-plastic surgery), Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry.

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2020 9:13 PM

A lot of Native American tribes on the East Coast are mixed with European or Blacks. Also many Appalachian and Coastal Southern areas had German, Jewish, Turkish and Romani immigrants settle as farmers. Johnny Depp's dark complexion could come from any of those sources just like Ava Gardner and Elvis Presley.

by Anonymousreply 56November 18, 2020 9:16 PM

Also the Lumbee are mostly a mix of African and European. They do have some Native American contribution to their DNA but the genetic studies came out to prove they mostly they are just a mix of black and white. It is theorized they claimed NA in order to avoid racial discrimination and retain control of their property.

by Anonymousreply 57November 18, 2020 9:26 PM

Aren't Welsh people dark-haired, olive skinned, like Tom Jones? I don't think you need to look so far as the Romani, Turks, Jews, Africans, to explain dark haired people such as Ava Gardner or Elvis Presley.

Oh and Elvis' hair was a light to medium brown and he had blue eyes - he just died it jet black because he thought it was sexier.

Googling it: "Amazingly Elvis was actually a natural blonde until his late teens and even after when his hair began to go darker it wasn't naturally the shade we all know so well. It was usually dyed a shade of brown known as 'Mink Brown', but once when the King himself tried to do it, he opted to use black shoe polish."

by Anonymousreply 58November 18, 2020 9:34 PM

Well, I should have said 'some' Welsh people like Jones and Richard Burton. Obvs there are others who are lighter - Charlotte Church, Katherine Jenkins, etc.

by Anonymousreply 59November 18, 2020 9:37 PM

R58 Good point. The South is called "Celtic" by some historians because of the influx of Scottish (Scotch-Irish), Welsh and Irish that came in the 1600s and 1700s. And of course many English also are dark-complected since England was Celtic before the Anglo-Saxon invasion. The South is said to be the only region where you can find people who are purely of British Islander descent while the rest of the country is a mix of different mainland European ethnicities.

by Anonymousreply 60November 18, 2020 9:39 PM

Imagine that ethereal beauty taking a shit on the bed.

by Anonymousreply 61November 18, 2020 9:59 PM

Angelina Jolie wears blood crystals apparently and Megan Fox believes in UFO abductions. I wonder if extreme beauty is linked to insanity sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 62November 18, 2020 10:00 PM

* sorry to have misspelled "dyed" in R58.

And also, aren't there "black Irish"? Some say it's because sailors came ashore after the Spanish Armada disaster, but I think the Celts were darker than the Germanic people who displaced them in England - black hair, brown eyes, shorter than the Vikings and Germans who invaded.

We're really most all mutts lol.

by Anonymousreply 63November 18, 2020 10:31 PM

LOL @OP! Ava Gardner was an incredible facial beauty, and she also had an incredibly beautiful body! Her body is even stunning while sitting down! Don't fuck with the old Hollywood rare beauties, dude - never any true contemporary comparisons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2020 10:36 PM

Oh sweetie ur really pushing it with that one.

by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2020 10:48 PM

Regarding ethnicity, there is certainly a general " phenotype" among different groups but genetics are unpredictable and anyone can be often anything. I used to work with a British couple. The guy was a white Brit with blonde hair and blue eyes and the wife was a dark skinned black woman. Their kids were both tanned blondes with light eyes. Meanwhile, I have a friend who is of Irish and Pakistani decent who everyone assumes is half white and half black unless he says otherwise.People are generally much less adept at guessing ethnicity then they imagine. Talk to anyone ethnically ambiguous and ninety percent of the guesses they get about their background are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2020 11:54 PM

R56 - Except that Gardner wasn't dark-complexioned like Johnny Depp. She had very pale skin. Mickey Rooney once, rather tactlessly, sighed over her gorgeous breasts rising like snow white hills . . . .

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 7:15 PM

She hasn’t even in the same class of Luxe is Ava Gardner. What a joke!

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 7:24 PM

Ava was a poor 'bacca farmer's daughter. The stars hit just right.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 7:26 PM

Maybe the sight-impaired OP meant “Eva Gabor.”

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 7:33 PM

And boy o boy how they 🌟 hit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 7:33 PM

Ava was a true bisexual, and it's widely accepted that she and Lana Turner were lovers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2020 11:56 PM

Is there any 100% straight person in Hollywood though? Even the heterosexuals have gone gay for pay to get roles and never turned back.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2020 12:12 AM

How about Reginald Gardiner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2020 12:18 AM

Well, we're all highly charged sexual beings in our natural state - ESPECIALLY when we're young. The fact that our sexuality is bubbling away under a thin layer of clothing as we interact with one another have way to a certain societal hypocritical understanding to which we all must abide. Alone in our thoughts, however, then we have no resistances to the truth. Right?

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2020 12:27 AM

Good lord, even an eldergay can see what the stars dropped into Gardner's DNA. One can imagine the reflexive response of hetero men.

I believe the rumour was that Sinatra really left Gardner after coming home unexpectedly and finding her and Lana in bed together.

Given the cynicism with which both women (Lana grew hard-looking quickly but she was undeniably very beautiful in her youth) must have come to view men, it's hardly surprising they turned to each other.

It cannot be easy looking like that and craving love.

Rita Hayworth once said that her lovers and husbands all expected to wake up in the morning with Rita Hayworth, and instead woke up with "just me".

I thought it one of the saddest things I ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2020 1:36 PM

I'm certainly not an Ava Gardner expert, but I did read her bio years ago. She grew up amongst a very close, tight-knit family. She was discovered via a photograph placed in a photographer's window in NYC - she was visiting her older sister there. Undeniably physically beautiful, it was also her manner and demeanor which men found attractive as well. The thing which drew them near to her was also the thing they eventually despised about her - this was an independent, free woman who did as she pleased throughout her life. She really was an incredible beauty. She never dieted, or was the least bit health conscious otherwise she'd never smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish. Her bisexuality? She was uninhibited. Most people are. It's that simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2020 2:07 PM

Brando was openly bisexual too and so was Farley Granger. Being surrounded by so many beautiful people, male and female, along with the artistic and liberal culture and access to mind altering drugs. Probably would unleash that bisexual side a lot of people normally would have repressed.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2020 2:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!