Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Mulaney's Bill Clinton story

Okay, I have never watched Mulaney's special before. If you could use some laughs, try this. And it's worth watching all the way to the end.

[quote]In college, Bill Clinton apparently used to hang outside the campus library at night, and offer to walk female students home - one of those students happened to be John Mulaney's mother. This is from his Comeback Kid (2015) comedy special on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2020 4:10 PM

Mulaney is a total creep.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2020 7:09 AM

Fuck John Mulaney

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2020 7:13 AM

Did Mulaney vote for Trump or something?

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2020 7:19 AM

[quote]Fuck John Mulaney

With pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2020 7:20 AM

Sounds like total BS to me. It’s now popular for millennials to bash the Clintons. They are retarded enough to believe all the lies the Republicunts made up about them.

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2020 7:40 AM

r3 In 2015?

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2020 7:43 AM

No, in 2020, r6. I wondered why r1 and r2 were hating on Mulaney.

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2020 7:45 AM

r7 Presumably because its election week and mentioning the fact Bill Clinton as an old man never mind as a college student is a horny fucker is pro Republican or something.

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2020 7:48 AM

OP, go back and read the SNL thread about that fuck head. Mulaney can die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2020 7:50 AM

r5 Bill used us to get the WH, and then turned around and signed a bunch of anti-gay bills. I understand he was in a difficult position at times, but then they expect us to worship them when they refuse to acknowledge the hurt they've done to our community to this very day. They are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2020 7:53 AM

r9 There's an SNL thread every week. What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2020 7:56 AM

R10, stop being such a MARY!! He only signed a couple of bills that were negative, yet totally understandable for the times. He was a major ally in gay rights and bringing our struggle to the forefront. He was trying to ease America into acceptance and understanding. He knew if he did too much too fast it would backfire.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2020 7:58 AM

"OP, go back and read the SNL thread about that fuck head. Mulaney can die in a grease fire."

What *did* Mulaney say that's so bad. Mind you, I'm not a fan. In fact I don't think he's very funny. Or as drop-dead gorgeous as some people don this board think he is. (He seems very ordinary looking to me, actually.) But I'm curious to find out what he said on SNL to incur such wrath. I'm also curious to find out what Mulaney has done to become so popular he has been asked to host SNL four times. I never even heard of the guy until last year. Is he in a TV show? Something on the CW?

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2020 8:14 AM

Here, you lazy scum worshipers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2020 8:18 AM

Ugh, he ain't that funny.

by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2020 8:40 AM

I looked up Mullaney's background and I realized what he meant when he said nothing would change if Biden was president. For him, nothing will change and nothing changed for him under Trump. Mommy and Daddy are Ivy League law grads and his father is a partner at Skadden Arps who worked in mergers and acquisitions so the family income was never less than a million a year. Mullaney went to Comedy Central and then SNL after graduating from Georgetown. He's obviously very talented but he's led a charmed life.

I assume he favored Bernie because Bernie isn't a Democrat. That's what people who don't want to admit they're Republicans do. In the circles he travels in, being a Republican is a nonstarter. He'd be a pariah and audiences would desert him. That explains why his routines lack any political content or context--they're all about childish pranks and TV shows. There is no way this guy can identify with any kind of underdog. It's not in his DNA. He can make fun of being Mr. Whitest Guy in the Room but it's also who he is.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2020 8:45 AM

r16 Having grown up rich whilst being white does not mean one cannot associate with being underdog; that's ridiculous. And many people from rich and privileged families lean left-wing.

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2020 9:27 AM

I was like 12 years old and my dad walked up to me and he said, “Hello. Hello, I’m Chip Mulaney, your father.” And he said the following: “You know Leonard Bernstein was one of the great composers and conductors of the 20th century, but sometimes, he would be gay. And according to a biography I read of him, when he was holding back the gay part, he did some of his best work.” Now, we don’t have time to unpack all of that. I don’t know if he was discouraging me from being gay or encouraging me to be a classical composer, but that is how he thought to phrase it to a 12-year-old boy. How would that ever work? Like, years later, I’d be in college, about to go down on some rockin’ twink and I’d be like, “Wait a second. What would Leonard Bernstein do?” I never talked to my dad about that, but I figured I’d tell all of you.

by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2020 10:04 AM

Mulaney is like a lot of rich white East Coast liberals: they think Clinton is some backwoods hick who wasn't worthy to be part of the Democratic Party because to them, he came from trash.

A lot of the current big Millennial leftists on social media are the same way, and none of them are really leftist, they're "cosplay leftists." I don't know about Mulaney specifically, but he comes across as spoiled and privileged, and both the Clinton bit and his recent "Trump and Biden are the same" whining on SNL just solidify my opinion of him.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Interesting, Mulaney's great grandfather and grand-uncle were both Republican congressmen in Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2020 10:19 AM

Tiresome woke scolds taking down this hawt man.

by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2020 10:24 AM

What's tiresome is the elderly on here who think it's "wokescolds" who are criticizing rich elitists snobs.

If you don't know what "wokescolds" are then you shouldn't be using the term, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 22November 6, 2020 10:30 AM

I found the bit hilarious. Mulaney is funny (and cute). And the story is pretty pro-Clinton. So, Mulaney has had a charmed life ... so what? He's obviously very talented. And some people here think he's secretly a Republican and he can't possibly be a genuine progressive because he's rich? lmao How delusional.

A lot of the comments in this thread are confusing. Not a lot of working brains here.

by Anonymousreply 23November 6, 2020 10:32 AM

I don't find him funny but for some reason he has hosted snl four times. I wish Louis CK hadn't fucked up. Now he is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 24November 6, 2020 2:19 PM

r23 Hell froze over today. I WWed cinesnatch.

by Anonymousreply 25November 6, 2020 2:28 PM

I think he’s closeted.

by Anonymousreply 26November 6, 2020 3:22 PM

I wish my parents had been millionaire Ivy League lawyers. I would've been the most entitled white piece of shit EVER.

by Anonymousreply 27November 6, 2020 3:54 PM

R17 Paddy Hursht

by Anonymousreply 28November 6, 2020 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!