Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The husband says I look handsome in a shirt, tie and sweater..

...which got me thinking about Christmas gifts. I think I like these cashmere sweaters from this seemingly ethical company.

Would you be pleased to receive one of these $75 sweaters? I think they might be thin, but still the reviews are good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2020 12:32 AM

Go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx. They always seem to have plenty at the holidays for $75 or less - more like $50 or $60 - and you can see if they're too thin or not.

A couple of years ago I got one for my husband at Marshall's for $59 and that spring, we were in Rome. Brioni has a store next to the Excelsior and I saw one on display that was identical. I went inside and had them show me one and I could not tell the difference. The only difference I could see or feel was that the one in the window had a Brioni label on it.

And a price tag of 2000 Euros.

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2020 5:35 PM

I wish I had a shirt, tie [bold] OR [/bold] sweater...

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2020 5:37 PM

The ones on the women look like pajamas. Purposely-oversized sweaters look sloppy and make the wearer look fatter than they are in reality. The fit on the one male model is a little better, but still a bit bunchy. Hard pass for me.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote]seemingly ethical company

If they're selling cashmere for that cheap, something in their sourcing or supply chain is less-than-ethical.

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2020 5:44 PM

Their story is at their site.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2020 5:45 PM

Men will say anything for a blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Damn this is a good looking pure cashmere sweater

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Nadaam ads show up all over my social media feeds, IG in particular

Don't know anyone who owns one though.

Cheap cashmere pills and doesn't last very long.

Better to spend to a little more money and get something that will last.

And I would not trust reviews on Nadaam in that they are likely coming from 22 year olds who have never owned a cashmere sweater before and are reacting to the fact that it felt very soft the first two times they wore it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2020 5:53 PM

They need to be dry cleaned or hand washed. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2020 6:15 PM

These online Chinese clothing sites have the shittiest quality stuff. A good way to tell if the clothing is cheap, tacky shit from China is by looking at the sizes offered. The Chinese crap often goes up to size 5XL. 5XL in China is more like L in the US. These sites will remove poor reviews and they often change names. XYZ clothing one week might be ABC the following week. Just try to return something to China. If you see an ad that seems like a great deal for something that normally costs 2 or 3 times as much, beware. Like another poster said, shop at TJMax, Ross, or wait for sales. This Chinese shit is isn't worth your money no matter how cheap they sell it for. Once in a while I'll run across people that do comparisons on what was advertised vs what they actually received. Love that.

by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2020 6:21 PM

OP's co is USA owned.

by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] The husband says I look handsome in a shirt, tie and sweater..

He said you look good in a sweater, not I want a sweater for Christmas. You have a husband and don't know what he would want for a Christmas present, you have to go on his compliments to you. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2020 6:50 PM

^^ The sweaters are intended for friends, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2020 10:49 PM

You’re working from home. Do you really need new clothes now??

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2020 12:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!