Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sarah Ferguson

One thing I've read repeatedly is that she's incredibly polarizing within the royal family. Prince Philip supposedly can't stand even being in the same room with her, but for some reason the queen really likes her, so that when Philip dies, Fergie will likely remarry Prince Andrew with the queen's blessing.

Why is she so polarizing? Is it just the scandals, or is it her personality? And if she's made Philip so angry, why does the queen forgive her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2021 5:09 AM

She cheated on Andrew and Phillip thinks that only men are allowed to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2020 9:05 PM

You ain’t wrong R1. However, it is interesting that some of the biggest and juiciest scandals concerned aristocratic wives being found out. Everybody knows that happens in that circle.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2020 9:08 PM

She's the Mafia equivalent of a snitch or FBI informant. Wasn't she busted for tipping off paparazzi, etc., about family whereabouts (got paid for it). Also, told tales out of school about Diana's foot fungus.

She's terrible with money, always seems broke and grifting.

She's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2020 9:10 PM

She lacks common sense.

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2020 9:11 PM

British history is littered with aristocrats who were terrible with money . I think it was more her absolute stupidity concerning other peoples intentions that makes Phillip despise her. She never seems to not make the same mistakes over and over.

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2020 9:15 PM

we were speculating that she and her daughters leaked some Harry and Meghan tea to the press.

I think Philip fucked Sarah’s mother Susan, who was well known in the polo world being the wife of a well-connected polo manager and born in gentry circles.

by Anonymousreply 6October 31, 2020 9:15 PM

Someone like Sarah married into my generally quiet, reserved family decades ago. Some members of the family couldn't stand her - she's a tad loud, quite gregarious with a huge laugh, always talking, and generally a nonstop ball of energy. The younger members of my family adore her but the older ones shunned her and felt she's "a bit much". I've always felt Sarah means well.

by Anonymousreply 7October 31, 2020 9:15 PM

Because she's fun, bubbly, and disarming. If you've seen her in an interview, she's very funny; she also seems to have a warmth and vulnerability to her.

by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote] Because she's fun, bubbly, and disarming. If you've seen her in an interview, she's very funny; she also seems to have a warmth and vulnerability to her.

"Vulnerability" as a positive trait seems to be reserved for women. You would never see a man run for POTUS on a platform of "He's Vulnerable."

by Anonymousreply 9October 31, 2020 9:22 PM

She’s a moron.

by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2020 9:23 PM

At this point which one is more disliked, Fergie or Prince Andrew? His teen hooker sex scandal has certainly knocked him off his pedestal. I only casually follow news about the royal family but I do remember him being extremely liked earlier. He was practically Prince Harry of the time but without a likeable brother since Prince Charles was so ghoulish and always oh so proper. Andrew was super hot and a war hero, and didn't seem as stuffy as Charles. Who knows, maybe he was already at that point balls deep in some teen WAP. Imagine if Harry, before the whole Markle thing, had been caught screwing a 14 yo?

Now Fergie has always been a bit of a mess. Next to Diana she was the wild one, and like Andrew seemed more easygoing, like she was one of us. It always seemed her future in the UK was destroyed by the royal family and people were sympathetic. Sure she's done foolish things over the years for some money but still, she hasn't been having sex with teen hookers.

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2020 9:23 PM

LOL I love this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 31, 2020 9:24 PM

“ when Philip dies, Fergie will likely remarry Prince Andrew”

Fergie has been dining off this rumor for decades. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 13October 31, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote] Next to Diana she [Fergie was] the wild one, and like Andrew seemed more easygoing, like she was one of us. It always seemed her future in the UK was destroyed by the royal family and people were sympathetic. Sure she's done foolish things over the years for some money but still, she hasn't been having sex with teen hookers.

Andrew divorced her & I don't think he was forced into that. If anything, the royals are pressured to stay married, not to get divorced. Something was wrong in the marriage. Now, in late middle age, Fergie and Andrew seem reconciled to each other.

by Anonymousreply 14October 31, 2020 9:33 PM

The mistake the royal family made with Fergie was to shove her out nearly penniless post-divorce so she had nothing to keep herself in style but cashing in on her “duchess” title. I never believed the story that she and Andrew would remarry one day. What was in it for him? Now that he has fallen so far from grace, it would be a good PR move and could help him rehabilitate his image.

by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2020 9:33 PM

Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 16October 31, 2020 9:47 PM

Being caught trying to sell access to her ex-husband didn’t help.

She’s a crooked, sad drunk with no moral compass.

by Anonymousreply 17October 31, 2020 10:24 PM

Still, she didn't sleep with underage hookers. So she's got that going for her over Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2020 10:45 PM

Also, who cares if she was caught selling info about her ex husband? He's a fucking pervert

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2020 10:48 PM

R8 = Sarah

I think the fact that Sarah left the marriage with such little money is what caused her to be so money hungry. She took a low payout thinking it would keep her in good graces with The Queen, which apparently it did as they are said to get on well. But once Charles succeeds Sarah won’t be around, he hates her as much as his father does.

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2020 11:47 PM

Another woman who got the face she deserved. She’s horrible and so is her ex-husband. She probably knew what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2020 11:55 PM

R19 She wasn’t selling info about her ex-husband, she was selling access to him in his role as UK Special Trade envoy. I.e. illegal, not just trashy.

Better not to comment on something about which you appear to know nothing, R19.

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2020 11:57 PM

Oh get over yourself R22. Andrew is a pervert,the whole royal family is trash

by Anonymousreply 23November 1, 2020 12:00 AM

R23 I didn’t venture an opinion on whether or not he’s a pervert, but on what his ex-wife was discovered doing.

But you missed that, R19.

by Anonymousreply 24November 1, 2020 12:02 AM

No it's not that I missed it, it's that I didn't care

by Anonymousreply 25November 1, 2020 12:04 AM

Fergie and Andrew will never remarry unless he needs to prevent her from testifying against him. Andrew was done with Fergie decades ago but he keeps her close and pays her bills to minimize embarrassments. I think they are happy as a family but not together in any way.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2020 12:14 AM

remember when Turkey tried to extradite her and Eugenie? how embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2020 12:18 AM

Now that the girls are married off, I wonder if Fergie could start sponging off their spouses. Surely an in-law apartment isn't too much to ask.

by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2020 12:33 AM

R28, I'm guessing they'll all live together in that place the Queen loaned to Andrew. It's big enough to give everyone privacy.

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2020 12:37 AM

Philip has long overstayed his welcome, as the old saying goes, only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2020 12:42 AM

It is widely known that Philip is the one who ordered the hit on Diana. He is the lowest of the low!

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2020 12:46 AM

Unfortunately, with Sarah there’s no exclusivity or sense of mystery. Since the divorce she’s made it clear she’s open for business, and it’s all quite embarrassing. As for the Andrew rumors, R13 sums things up perfectly. In the past 25 years there have been no shortage of desperate nouveau riche upstarts willing to marry the mother of The Queen’s granddaughters. She should’ve focused on marrying some trashy billionaire instead of clinging to the delusion her nasty ex-husband wants to reconcile.

Unfortunately, as a professional grifter she sees forfeiting the moniker “Duchess of Wales” as decreasing her marketability.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2020 12:52 AM

R31 Welcome to the Datalounge Mohammed al-Fayed.

If dimwit Diana has worn her seatbelt, she’d still be around.

by Anonymousreply 33November 1, 2020 1:07 AM

Duchess of York, r32. Diana was the Duchess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 34November 1, 2020 1:18 AM

I know, I know. I meant Duchess of Pork...I mean York.

by Anonymousreply 35November 1, 2020 1:21 AM

There was no stupid conspiracy to kill Diana. She wasn't wearing her seatbelt and her driver was shitfaced drunk and speeding at 100mph. That's what killed her.

by Anonymousreply 36November 1, 2020 1:36 AM

What I don't understand is why the Queen likes her if everyone else dislikes her.

by Anonymousreply 37November 1, 2020 1:44 AM

You cared enough to comment, R25. Multiple times.

What you failed to do was understand.

by Anonymousreply 38November 1, 2020 1:49 AM

R37, because Sarah is a descendant of Charles II just like Queen Elizabeth is, but also because Sarah’s family were in the horse and polo world and the Queen is passionate about that. Plus, of course, she’s the mother of what may be the Queen’s two favorite grandchildren. And Sarah is jolly, the Queen probably appreciates that Sarah laughs with her mouth wide open. The courtiers that serve the Queen are stiff and horrible, Sarah is probably a reprieve from that.

I don’t think she sees her that often though. Once in a while Sarah gets an invite to Balmoral or Sandringham but she stays in a cottage adjacent and never when Philip is there.

by Anonymousreply 39November 1, 2020 1:57 AM

Sophie, Prince Edward's wife, is known to be a favorite of QE. This article states that Sophie is often in QE's car & QE only allows people she really likes to ride in her car.

I've heard of Andrew being a favorite, but not Sarah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 1, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] Diana was the Duchess of Wales.

Oh DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 41November 1, 2020 2:02 AM

The Queen is probably mildly entertained by Sarah when she sees her a few times a year., but mainly she does it for her granddaughters.

by Anonymousreply 42November 1, 2020 2:20 AM

Sophie is definitely the Queen’s favorite daughter in law/married-in. I don’t know if the two Wessex kids have much of a relationship with their old granny though, they probably only see her three times a year (Christmas, summer holiday, and the Trooping).

by Anonymousreply 43November 1, 2020 2:38 AM

How does Charles get along with Beatrice and Eugenie?

by Anonymousreply 44November 1, 2020 2:49 AM

R43 The Wessex family spends most weekends with her at Windsor. She also stays with them at Bagshot Park, pre-COVID, of course.

by Anonymousreply 45November 1, 2020 4:05 AM

really, I didn’t know that. I presume they have an apartment in Windsor Castle? It’s a massive place, I’m sure all the Queen’s kids could have an apartment there.

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2020 4:31 AM

Does she still like her toes sucked on?

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2020 4:35 AM

She probably sold this pic of Andrew to the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2020 4:41 AM

R48 at whatever age that is that doesn’t look too bad. To be a prince and have that exposed on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2020 4:47 AM

Charles married Camilla, his mistress during his marriage to Diana. Camilla was hated after Diana died. If enough time passes, I can see Andrew and Sarah remarrying.

by Anonymousreply 50November 1, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote]QE only allows people she really likes to ride in her car

They're also totally cool with flatulence.

by Anonymousreply 51November 1, 2020 5:10 AM

[quote] Plus, of course, she’s the mother of what may be the Queen’s two favorite grandchildren.

Isn't Zara Tindall supposed to be her favorite grandkid?

by Anonymousreply 52November 1, 2020 5:57 AM

[quote] Isn't Zara Tindall supposed to be her favorite grandkid?

Not necessarily. She's also supposed to be exceptionally close to Princess Beatrice, and (especially lately) to Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor. And of course she consults quite a bit with Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 53November 1, 2020 5:03 AM

[Quote]Remember when Turkey tried to extradite her and Eugenie? how embarrassing.

No. Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 54November 1, 2020 9:48 AM

Queen disappointed with life starts a thread on DL dissing an aging female celebrity.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 55November 1, 2020 11:01 AM

Project much, r55?

by Anonymousreply 56November 1, 2020 4:07 PM

Sarah made the royal family look ridiculous and they rely on dignity and mystery to maintain their survival.

by Anonymousreply 57November 1, 2020 4:12 PM

The Queen and Andrew have known Fergie at least since F was a pre-teen and maybe before. Family.

by Anonymousreply 58November 1, 2020 4:20 PM

Diana was also friends with Fergie prior to their weddings,. She said in the Andrew Morton book that when she was at Clarence House preparing for the 1981 royal wedding, Fergie would take the afternoon off from her job and go out to buy necessities for Diana and bring them to Clarence House, since it was so hard for Diana by that time to go out and about without being recognized.

It's a very tight circle up at the top in UK royal/aristocratic circles. Fergie was not an aristocrat herself, but she is descended from them, and her father was in the Life Guards (and then worked as a polo manager afterwards so he could stay in with the royal family) so he always stayed close to those circles.

by Anonymousreply 59November 1, 2020 4:28 PM

Fergie’s family were country gentry, they were aristocrat-adjacent. And she’s descended from the aristocracy on both sides of her family, both her mother and father were grandchildren to Peers. As said above, the royal family knew Sarah since her childhood. She was well vetted before marriage.

by Anonymousreply 60November 1, 2020 5:46 PM

Fergie could have had a role similar to Dutch Queen Maxima - not Queen obviously, but a loud, extrovert, fun princess/duchess to liven up those boring toothpaste factory openings. Sadly Fergie isn’t as intelligent as Maxima, so she got a bad case of “red carpet fever” and it’s been downhill from there ever since.

by Anonymousreply 61November 1, 2020 8:17 PM

R56

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2020 11:47 PM

It wasn’t a good situation with Andrew off in the Navy on the other side of the world for months on end.

by Anonymousreply 63November 2, 2020 10:25 AM

Now that Prince Philip has died I wonder if the OPs prediction or rather question about Andrew remarrying Sarah will come true?

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote] Someone like Sarah married into my generally quiet, reserved family decades ago. Some members of the family couldn't stand her - she's a tad loud, quite gregarious with a huge laugh, always talking, and generally a nonstop ball of energy. The younger members of my family adore her but the older ones shunned her and felt she's "a bit much". I've always felt Sarah means well.

Two small problems with this analogy. First, this woman isn’t Fergie, not a duchess, and probably not that similar to her in general.

Second, and much more to the point, your family is absolutely nothing fucking like the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2021 3:36 AM

It’s because she’s so incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 66April 17, 2021 4:22 AM

She is ugly, stupid trash.

by Anonymousreply 67April 17, 2021 4:27 AM

Sarah is my favorite of the entire bunch, always has been except for Diana, who was at the top. Sarah is down to earth, fun, friendly and very engaging in an interview. I'm glad the queen gets along with her. Yeah, I know Charles doesn't like her, particularly since she reminds Charles of what a shitty person he was to Diana. Charles is an asshole and always has been. I think Sarah has calmed down down from her early days. Whatever personal issues she had before, she and Andrew raised two nice girls. Odd as it may seem, they have a tight family unit.

by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2021 4:42 AM

Yep - that whole “selling access to her husband while drunk” thing?

Minor detail. Sarah’s a winner!

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2021 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!