Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help with lamp bulb

My friend has an old lamp that he loves and needs a new bulb. We cannot figure out how to remove this bulb. It is a halogen type t light bulb. Any ideas would be great. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2020 7:58 PM

Push in at one end, then pull the other end up and out.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2020 10:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2020 10:58 PM

Make sure it's connected, and both of you reach in and break the glass with your bare fingers while also touching any bits of bare copper wire on the cords you've managed to whittle out.

That will take care of our problem with your "friend's" lamp and you.

Thanks in advance, since afterwards won't work!

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2020 11:00 PM

Here, OP.

Glad to help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2020 11:02 PM

Tnx R1 just tried that and there is no “give” on either side of bulb. I may just have to take this into the lamp store. Thank you for your advice.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2020 11:12 PM

FFS just google it. I’m sure next you’ll convene a conference to discuss which end you’ll put in first.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2020 11:13 PM

I think you should be able to kind of flip it out like a battery. Try pulling the bulb toward the end shown in the bottom of your picture. I’m guessing there will be a little give and you can pull up and remove the bulb. If there’s no give as you say you could try gently twisting the bulb back and forth to see if you detect any looseness at the top end to pry it out.

Wear gloves!

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2020 11:20 PM

Liza could have helped you with that.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2020 11:23 PM

Are those dead insects?

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2020 11:31 PM

This type of bulb is a fire hazard and wastes electricity. Throw out the lamp.

That said. There is a spring mechanism in one end of the ballast. You hold the bulb and push it either left or right. Or the spring mechanism is under a ball-bearing and you just pull the bulb out.

Never handle those bulbs with your bare fingers when you got to install the new bulb. Oil from your fingers can make the bulb explode after it is turned on. Use a paper towel when handling the bulb.

And tell your disgusting friend to CLEAN THEIR GOD DAMNED LAMP!!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2020 11:33 PM

Does your “friend” ever clean? That’s disgusting. Throw it away.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2020 11:56 PM

Why is there feces on the light bulb?

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2020 1:04 PM

It's dead flies, not shit. They come inside in the fall, are attracted to either the heat or the light, and die in those lamps.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2020 1:10 PM

You twist it first to "unlock", then you push one end in and pull up the other end.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2020 1:19 PM

Lesbian thread

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2020 1:21 PM

Gently twist it and the prongs on each end will move into the open area and you can pull it out. If you replace, use gloves as the oils from your skin can heat the lamp and start a fire

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2020 1:27 PM

RSC Type T Light Bulb Replacement - YouTube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2020 3:49 PM

I'm only going to say this once--

WEAR GLOVES WHENEVER YOU TOUCH A HOLOGAN BULB

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2020 3:54 PM

halogen

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2020 3:55 PM

Go to a lamp shop in your community that deals with older lamps. Tell them you want to buy a bulb from them. Ask them to remove the old bulb for you. You probably will not be charged for anything except the new bulb(s).

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2020 3:59 PM

R18 was that a sweet and tender hooligan?

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2020 7:47 PM

Use the existing bulb to loosen the socket up. Then, press the head of the new bulb against the socket and slowly push. Give the lamp time to adjust before putting another inch or so of the bulb in.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2020 7:54 PM

So... how many gays DOES it take to screw in a light bulb?

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2020 8:57 PM

You must REALLY hate your friend for posting a picture like that here on Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] a lamp shop in your community

Let me guess. You live in a large city. Why not just go to the stuck bulb shop? Or the halogen shop?

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2020 10:25 PM

OP there are Youtube video tutorials on almost everything. Try there with your specific bulb as search criteria.

And just to reiterate to all us Dataloungers, THERE ARE TUTORIALS ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING ON YOUTUBE. Caftan repair, getting clutching marks off pearls, fainting couch placement, how to write fake posts on the internet posing as a young in-shape stud instead of the fat old perv you are, rascal scooter maintenance…. the helpful videos are virtually endless.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2020 11:00 PM

r25 You are a contrary ignoramus. There's a woman in my small town that repairs broken lamps., mostly antique ones. She sells new and used lamps. She's had the business for decades and does excellent work.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2020 9:50 AM

R27, be nice. R25 lost her license and her trailer park is too ree-mote to walk all the way to Hinckleyville to see if they got them a lamp shop now in the vacancy between "Cheap Smokes & Discount Vape" and the Senior Community Center.

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]Why not just go to the stuck bulb shop?

THAT'S a great idea! I'm going to start one....

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2020 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!