Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s the best hypoallergenic dog?

I’m partial to the Bolognese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 1:07 AM

The Kerry Blue! Gorg!

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2020 4:34 PM

That's pretty cute, OP. But the name sounds like a meat sauce or an American kid's lunchbox sandwich.

R1, what do you have against complete words? I hope you don't say "veggie" too!

by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2020 4:43 PM

Westie!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2020 4:55 PM

MINE. She's a blonde cockapoo with six-inch eyelashes and a huge personality. I've never had a dog that people stop for as much as her.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2020 5:30 PM

I hate all those kinds of dogs. I like mutts.

My husband said he wanted a dog. He really doesn’t. He’s allergic to dogs. It’s my son who wants a dig because he hates my cats. My husband said something about a poodle & I threatened to kill him. I absolutely hate poodles. I said “If we ever get a dog it will be a rescue dog.”

And he said “What kind of a dog is that? Rez-kew. I’ve never heard of that kind of dog.”

Seriously. I’ve had to live with this for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2020 5:35 PM

R5 sounds like you have a very prickly household. Does anyone like anyone or anything?

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2020 5:39 PM

[quote]Westie!!!!!!

Adorable but not hypoallergenic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2020 6:23 PM

I like the hairless terrier and Peruvian one. I have always wanted the Mexican xolo one that I can't pronounce. living in new england I will of course never have any of these 3

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2020 6:27 PM

Oh contraire R7. If you Google Westies + hypoallergenic, you will see that it’s true.

I’ve had multiple breeds, and this dog has almost no hair. She sheds Kim’s a human, they’re just super clean animals.

R5, I’ve had several rescue dogs that I loooooooooooved. The only reason I got a Westie this round was that I needed to know that my allergies wouldn’t be affected for sure.

OP, one of my rescue dogs was a Carolina Dog! Her name was Katie, she was the toughest dog I ever had, super protective, and a genius. And while I’m not sure if they are technically hypoallergenic, she essentially was like my Westie Lucy. Little to no hair coming off, shorter coat, very very clean animal. I miss Katie so much, but I’m also in love with my Lucy. Carolina Dogs look very similar to basenjis, my vet thought that’s what she was at first. They are a very special breed, they are in the process of formalizing this as an official breed, and their DNA splits from domesticated dogs. They are sometimes called the “Dixie Dingo” because their genetic markers are so unique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2020 6:43 PM

Sheds like a human, sorry

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote]Oh contraire [R7]. If you Google Westies + hypoallergenic, you will see that it’s true. I’ve had multiple breeds, and this dog has almost no hair.

Westies have almost no hair?

[quote]She sheds Kim’s a human, they’re just super clean animals.

Westie's have no hair but they shed like humans.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2020 6:46 PM

LSD is undoubtedly the best hallucinogenic drug.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2020 6:47 PM

Bo Obama is the best hypoallergenic dog.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2020 6:53 PM

R11, yes yes, I get excited talking dogs so I typed too fast. I think you understand my point. When I think of dogs shedding, to me that means balls of fur floating all around, furniture and clothing covered in fur. So when I say “no hair” and “like humans” what I mean is that like humans, there is little to no evidence of the dogs haut around the house. LIKE A HUMAN.

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2020 7:03 PM

Friend has a Giant Schnauzer which seems to be a very cool and amusing character. A fine rep for the breed.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2020 7:12 PM

Schnauzers are amazing, I grew up with one named Guinness. He was hilarious and incredibly intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2020 7:49 PM

Do they make Bolognese sauce in China with real Bolognese?

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2020 8:03 PM

I had a Wheaton. She was the sweetest thing. And didn't shed. Now I'm tearing up about it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2020 8:25 PM

I like Maltese dogs. They're white, though, so the stuff that comes out of their eyes drips down into their fur (causes a stain) and you have to keep it clean. Also, they require grooming, but I guess you could DIY the grooming.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2020 8:35 PM

German Shepherds are the greatest dog breed in the world because that's the breed I grew up with in my family.

But they do shed so these bitches are not for allergic bitches.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2020 8:48 PM

Wire Fox Terriers. Best Dogs evah!

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2020 9:24 PM

A shit-tzu! They don't shed. Every once in a while, you'll find what looks like a cotton ball lying around.

By contrast, with my Jack Russell, a few times a year, it seemed like she was surrounded by a cloud of tiny white hairs suspended in the air around her. Of course, it was worth it, though! She was the best dog ever!

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2020 9:27 PM

If I see another golden doodle, bernie doodle or labradoodle I gonna scream. Ugly fucking dogs. At least the mid sized ones seem to be cute.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2020 9:38 PM

Wheatons and Westies are cute.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2020 9:38 PM

I call them X-oodles. New York is full of them. They are clearly meant for first time dog owners,

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2020 9:40 PM

Westies shed plenty.

Dandie Didmonts do not but they're threatened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2020 9:44 PM

Cockapoos!

So cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2020 9:48 PM

I wonder how well Cockapoos age. Cocker Spaniel's age really badly. They're like zombies in old age and their looks go completely,

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote]Cocker Spaniel's

Thanks for nothing Grammarly.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2020 9:52 PM

Yorkies rule!

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2020 10:02 PM

The welsh terrier.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2020 10:26 PM

The best dog I ever met was my brother's miniature schnauzer, Betsy. Very smart and affectionate, easy to train, and very healthy. I'm more of a cat guy than a dog guy, so it was unusual for me to have such a strong bond with her.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2020 10:27 PM

"Hypoallergenic" dogs do not exist. A made up term used by breeders to scam customers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2020 10:53 PM

Mini schnauzers all the way. Their puppy faces will melt even the most cold-hearted soul. They're playful, upbeat, extremely intelligent and loyal. I had one growing up and my sister just got one in May on my recommendation. She's a sassy little beast in the best way. I puppy-sat her for a week and had a hard time giving her back.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2020 10:55 PM

Friends have a Coton du Tulear. She's totally adorable.

And R18, so sorry for the loss of your canine companion.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2020 11:41 PM

Shih-Poos as well

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2020 11:43 PM

The Coton de Tuléar clones beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2020 11:56 PM

I think Cavapoos and Cockapoos are adorable. We're allergic to other dogs but never to our spoodle (another word for cockapoo.) The grooming is expensive but worth it if you have allergies.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2020 12:02 AM

r19=Chasten

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2020 12:14 AM

If it were me I'd get another Yorkshire Terrier, (fuck cliches I love this breed). Adopt a small to medium terrier. For the most part their grooming needs are lessened with terriers, and some will catch mice as a bonus. But depending on how old your kid is, (ex. would they be leaving for school in a few years? ) you may not want to be making a 12+ year commitment to an animal if your child loses interest, its basically going to be your dog so you should look at more than their coats when making a decision.

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2020 12:15 AM

Whatever one is in a shelter will be the best one.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2020 12:52 AM

I'd like a larger Yorkie. Not a tiny bony shivery one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2020 1:02 AM

I have 2 Westies; they shed a little. Good dog food seems to help.

Keep in mind any dog is going to bring in pollen from outside; that affects my allergies more than a little hair.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote]I have 2 Westies; they shed a little.

Any pics?

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2020 1:16 AM

We have a miniature Schnauzer. She is, as R34 said, smart, feisty, indefatigable, and so cute. I never thought I would fall for a small breed dog.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2020 1:47 AM

R40 stumbled in from FrauChat and thinks we all have kiddos.

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2020 1:59 AM

Love mini schanzers...we have a pit bull mix with mini schnauzer she is so fucking cute!

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2020 12:10 PM

[Quote]Whatever one is in a shelter will be the best one.

This is a common mistake. A dog's breed/s has likely characteristics. One should be aware of these. A Cattle Dog, mix, for instance, is going to give you a lot of misery if you live in an apartment.

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2020 2:48 PM

Most dogs love to eat, but mini schnauzers LIVE for food. You have to be very careful with overfeeding them and get them out of begging at a very young age. They really are the cutest puppies in the world, in my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2020 9:04 PM

Trump swears that Ivanka is the best dog to have around, except when she's shedding her lizard skin, then she's not so fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2020 9:15 PM

R50 can we not? Even a thread on goddamn hypoallergenic dogs and Trump comes up. Jesus, get him off your mind for a second.

Does he cum up his daughter’s twat? Yes. But we don’t care here. Keep it to dogs.

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]Keep it to dogs.

Sounds like you want to talk about Tiffany, then.

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2020 10:33 PM

Thursday, October 22 is "Make A Dog's Day" day. Adopt the one in the booth in the back in the corner in the dark that everyone has overlooked. Love.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2020 11:13 PM

No pits though.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2020 11:16 PM

I love Wired haired, Welsh and Lakeland terriers. Full of energy & personality. Problem is, they're terriers. They need a lot of action all the time. Cant leave them alone or your house will be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2020 1:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!