Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the chances they’re going to send us to concentration camps?

I’m legitimately concerned that we’ll get there in 10 years. Once the Supreme Court is locked in, they’ll take down healthcare, abortion and gay marriage. How far off until we devolve into a full-on Hitler situation? Could it happen again? America was always the one who stood up against human rights violations but we’re not that country anymore.

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2020 4:34 PM

You're a fucking idiot OP.

Put the Internet down and go for a walk and get some fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 1October 13, 2020 3:29 AM

You mean like this, but for.... real people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 13, 2020 3:30 AM

Arbeit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote]America was always the one who stood up against human rights violations....

Wow. You really need to read more broadly, OP. And critically.

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2020 3:33 AM

R4 well... we did more than most.

by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2020 3:34 AM

R1 Thinks he's safe because he's white and/or voted for Trump. He's wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2020 3:37 AM

OP do not be gaslit by people with far right tendencies or moderates that never seem to catch on to the fact that they're being brought to boil in a pot before it's too late.

Your instincts are founded and supported by the plethora of evidence to suggest this is an extremist administration. Trump has an open white nationalist serving as a senior advisor who circulates the type of ethnic cleansing rhetoric that leads to genocide from within the white house.

The answer is yes, Genocide has occurred since WWII and there is nothing special or magical about America to prevent it from happening here again. Remember that two major genocides have already occurred in the U.S. and that Nazi Germany copied our sterilization programs and used them as support for their regime. This was not so long ago.

Stay vigilant.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2020 3:45 AM

I don't know what it's like to be like OP and so desperate for attention. Don't you have friends in real life you can talk to?

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2020 3:51 AM

Voted for Dump? Just ridiculous R6 - as is the pic of that washed-up chronic meth addict now prostitute Yiannopoulos! FFS.

I think it's clear that OP has passed the point of being so hysterical he has catapulted himself into some other level of screeching idiocy which I don't have a word for and that it's time for him to go to bed.

You too R7.

Stop being hysterical and get out and vote and help your friends and family to get out and vote for the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2020 3:53 AM

OP is transparently mentally ill R8.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Op, that's just silly. Oh wait, there's someone at the door.........

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2020 4:03 AM

If we get anything like what Iran has where they make you change your gender, then bring it on!

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2020 4:10 AM

R9 There is nothing hysterical about drawing informed inferences from supporting evidence about this extremist administration and the support it has garnered from the over 600 active white supremacist groups in this country that have unrelentingly called for the exact type of purging OP has spoken about for generations. Entire government agencies track these types of groups and have been reporting a recruitment surge since Trump took office. It is the goal of these groups to infiltrate the highest levels of government and it is evident that this aim has been realized.

The parallels with other genocidal regimes are numerous. It is jejuneness and a false sense of exceptionalism that prevent you from drawing the proper conclusions based on these parallels.

Not only are you grotesquely naive about the nature of humans and ignorant of history, you are so firm in your arrogance that you don't find it necessary to even offer a cogent rebuttal.

Dismissing something as hysteric because it's a reality you have never had to contend with is not an argument. It is the height of privilege. You are welcome to try again using supporting evidence this time, though I think we both know that is beyond your capability so I expect another ad hominem non-reply that cements your role here as an uninformed stooge.

A book you haven't read but should put on your reading list is Ellie Wiesel's Night. In it you will a potent message concerning a character named Schacter that is dismissed as a raving hysteric by other prisoners aboard the train, beaten and gagged. Of course her unheeded premonition is vindicated as the prisoners arrive at their destination.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2020 4:12 AM

As we have sadly learned, a different country now. Any evil is possibly

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2020 4:12 AM

You could’ve prevented this possibility by putting Pete Buttigieg at the top of the ticket. Trump made “experience“ into just another canard you can shove up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2020 4:14 AM

Find a nice European man from a nice family and... Oh fuck it,

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2020 4:18 AM

Yes, Pete Buttigieg, mayor of a city 250x smaller than the population of Brooklyn had the most experience of any Democrat running.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2020 4:20 AM

He still has more political experience than Trump, but what does it say about the DNC if they still feel they need to have a straight white male at the top of the ticket?

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2020 4:35 AM

[quote] but what does it say about the DNC if they still feel they need to have a straight white male at the top of the ticket?

Please don't pretend you liked Mayor Bumfuck (no pun intended) for any reason other than he reminded you of a straight white male. It definitely wasn't her "experience." You wanted to vicariously live the life of First Power Bottom Chasten Buttigieg, Pete filled that paternal yearning complex thing in you and since this fantasy of yours is now out of reach you've decided to lash out. We see you.

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2020 4:41 AM

If Trump gets in again in November, emigrate ASAP.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2020 5:18 AM

As observed on other similar threads, just take a look at the Trump supporters.

There's where the interrogators, the camp guards, the enforcers and the informers would come from.

They're itching to start goosestepping down Pennsylvania Avenue just like their forebears did prior to WWII.

by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2020 5:24 AM

Where to R20?

I hate when people just throw that out, like duh, move! I have friends who are living in Mexico. Everywhere seems like it could turn shitty the way things are going. Maybe Thailand? But they aren’t letting us Yanks in

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2020 5:27 AM

R20 Yeah poor people can't just up and move and the ones doing well are not going to flee. First off, other countries hate us and rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2020 5:28 AM

R20 don't cross the border into Canada because the Trudeau government is putting 11 such camps out to bid.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2020 5:33 AM

Pence must never be President. He has a psychotic hatred of homosexuals (probably from being molested by a Priest as a child). Amy Handmaiden is his pick.

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2020 5:57 AM

I don't want constipation cramps.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2020 5:57 AM

The US is on the fast track to becoming a dystopian theocracy. Many examples throughout history would suggest that camps are plausible for certain unwanted minorities living under such a government. It's naive to think it can't happen here.

by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2020 6:05 AM

OP - I don't think you are crazy. It may happen but in steps and no one knows where it ends.

1 - Gays will lose the rights gained in recent years, forcing many back in the closet and living in areas that are not predominantly gay. The situation may stabilize there - with families having bachelor uncles with same-sex roommates.

2 - Gays will face the criminalization of homosexual behavior -- sodomy laws and police raids. BTW, sodomy convictions get one on a sex offender registry. Again, the situation may stabilize here.

3 - If things get rough, gays will face feral deplorables cleaning up their neighborhoods. For example, if the deplorables find themselves worse off economically, then gays could be used as scapegoats.

4 - Academia will otherize gays, returning it to its status as mental illness. Here, it is where concentration or gender reeducation camps come in.

Remember it's all steps and can stop at any moment, if society reaches a balance. [bold]The first step is a super majority in the Supreme Court[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2020 6:37 AM

Dig into Covid Barrett’s past. I’ wonder if she’s had an abortion, her cult mind went pathological.

Her animosity to women reads like a politician who is a closet homosexual.

Her love of the creepy federalists is sickening.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2020 2:05 PM

People laughing at op should google Japanese Internment camps.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2020 2:15 PM

Does this mean the Millennials will no longer be fluid or "questioning"?

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2020 2:39 PM

As a black person I really have to wonder about the sheltered world that OP lives in where he thinks that America supported Human Rights. Have you not heard about slavery, Jim Crow, police brutality, criminal justice reform, women's rights, gay rights, kids separated from parents? All these things are still being fought or had to be wrestled out of Uncle Sam's cold hard hands.

Must have been nice to live in your Leave it to Beaver world. Sorry, Trump has shattered your delusions. Welcome to being an adult.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2020 2:50 PM

A strain of untreatable HIV or a virulent new Coronavirus linked (or even alluded to) Andalusia and homosexual behavior-

and they’d start raising those camp tents, dear.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2020 2:55 PM

Anal, not Andalusia.

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2020 2:56 PM

The best we can really hope for in an incipient dictatorship is to just put our heads down and muddle through as best we can. I mean, they can't kill [italic]all[/italic] of us, right?

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2020 3:05 PM

This is America. And if any of Judge Amy's jackbooted thugs come for me, I'll be armed to the teeth in my home arsenal and exercising my Second Amendment rights!

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2020 3:14 PM

In Italy, Mussolini paced gays on their own prison island.. Didn't beat freedom, but living in one place on a romantic island wasn't that bad, by 1930s Italian homosexual lifestyle standards. Maybe a camp will force some of these Tinder hoes to settle down with me, or it will be one big orgy like on those Italian islands.

After Mussolini'e fall, the gays were removed from the island and placed in regular prisons or under house arrest as social outcasts. For some, that prison was their one glimpse of freedom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2020 3:14 PM

This court could overturn protections for homosexual rights and make sodomy a criminal act. We must stay vigilant and turn to violence if that happens. ie White Night Riots

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2020 3:16 PM

Can someone link a non opinion piece on why Amy Covfefe Barret is so dangerous? She sounds reasonable and says she will uphold the law and not make judgements on personal views. I am just trying to remain hopeful? It looks like she will be confirmed, like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2020 3:31 PM

You will only be sent to the colonies OP.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2020 4:05 PM

If they do, maybe some of you will finally lose some weight

and get out of your parents' basement

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2020 5:03 PM

r39 she has written dissent pieces on all big rulings and she was hand picked by the conservative law group that advises Trump. She was handpicked for the exact reasons Democrats are sighting - overturn abortion, aca, and gay marriage. This is not a mystery they were on the RNC platform for 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2020 11:51 PM

She will always be seen as illegitimate, bigoted (despite her 2 pet negroes) and rather flaky.

All of Trump's picks live under a cloud of scandal- just like him.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2020 12:10 AM

If gay marriage goes, then women’s suffrage is going with it.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2020 12:34 AM

Not only that, but you can pretty much expect slavery to be brought back. Kiss the 13th amendment goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote] America was always the one who stood up against human rights violations but we’re not that country anymore.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2020 12:56 AM

Like in Cuba?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2020 12:59 AM

America has always been a fascist dictatorship. It was even named after somebody who came from the same country that later invented fascism.

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2020 1:01 AM

Who is Amerigo Vespuci?

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote]Put the Internet down and go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Exactly — while we still can, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2020 1:18 AM

Well Kush is getting kicked off Eastenders, so I'm going to assume anything is possible!

by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2020 1:25 AM

I'm a Trump voter, infantry vet and small bisiness owner and frankly (italic]You folks are just plain NUTS![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2020 1:26 AM

We're not Trump voters, at least, r52. And that's "business," dear.

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2020 4:09 AM

Did you see Handmaid Covid Barrett today?

Of course they'll send us to Concentration Camps, if they don't just kill us.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2020 4:11 AM

We will accept 10,000 of you in Australia but you must be physically and mentally well with assets of $500,000.

We won't accept bludgers!

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2020 4:16 AM

54.7%

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2020 7:49 PM

They already have concentration camps for immigrant kids. The homeless will be second, gay people....a year off but it won't take 10.

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2020 7:53 PM

The timing for gays in camps is ripe. Those of you who know Germany’s history are aware that it was going through a sexual revolution around the time that Hitler took power. I also recall that neighboring Austria had sex research institutes shut down when Hitler took over Austria. Right now we Americans are experiencing a rise in campaigns by the trans. No matter what they tell you, this campaign isn’t popular with the masses. It’s closely associated with gays by way of LGBTQ etc. Much like gays cheerleading for NAZIs, gays are some of the loudest voices clamoring for the Left/Democrats/Biden. This camp has BLM as its Brownshirts wreaking havoc on the population. This camp is also calling for taking unconstitutional measures, scapegoating parts of the population and has cheerleaders calling for the opposing camp’s followers to be ostracized from society/jailed/etc. After winning, the Democrat camp could easily use the unpopularity of the LGBTQ etc, to send us to camps.

This is a warning I took the time to draw up. Many of you bitches on here have enough self awareness to realize how unappealing/repulsive our subculture is to the masses. We hate each other, for God’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Thanks r58 for that trip to bizarro world. Self- loathing is *so* last century!

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2020 4:36 PM

[R59] Nothing bizarro about it. You just dion’t know your history or much of anything else. You likely imagine that the rest of the country is similar to your life. That’s because you’re too self absorbed to notice the world outside your own. The world around you does notice what a self absorbed, arrogant bitch you are. Your straight “friends” and acquaintances are likely not reflective of the average person. Even then, they don’t share the details of what they believe. Gay voices are much too loud in social media. LGBT etc puts itself in the crosshairs on every Leftist topic. Even your fellow traitors are sick of you. People like you and your fellow arrogant bitches put all gays in danger. I wish you the worst.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2020 5:57 PM

R58/R60: read the room. Then leave.

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2020 6:37 PM

China's got lots of 'em right now. Their in Apple and Google's business plan.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2020 11:05 PM

It's a sad, sad time. I have to vote for old, out-of-it Biden and left-wing Kabala to oust the fascist dictator wannabe?

It's just sick how the extreme right wants to roll back rights, but also sick about the lefty loonies (not all democrats) want to destroy the nuclear family (a BLM priority), give free healthcare to immigrants while Americans do without, etc. And some of this trans shit is homo-phobic. In some Muslim countries, sex re-assignment is pushed on homos so they are no longer such (in their eyes). I'm glad I'll be dead before this place comes completely apart.

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2020 11:20 PM

OP sounds like flaming limp wristed Mary!!

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2020 11:37 PM

Some of it? Try all of it? If a man would rather be a woman than gay, that's straight-up Nazi shit.

by Anonymousreply 65October 16, 2020 6:57 AM

Wow, lots of divisive anti-trans rhetoric here. You trolls, I swear *rolls eyes*

Anywho, it could happen. If you've seen The Handmaid's Tale, they allude to these circumstances in flashbacks. Heck, since last season aired, we've seen some of those flashbacks play out in real life. All the street demonstrations & the response of the government. They'll come for anyone. Right-wing media & leaders have already started tying us (LGBTQ) to BLM, "antifa", other far left groups. They saw a LOT of us stand up next to BLM in June. It was three sensible thing for us to do (police brutality is a part of our community's history) but it put usas on some radars. We know for a fact that activist leaders in many groups are now being targeted at home, by "law enforcement" & its various orgs. We're in a dangerous time. That doesn't mean we should live in fear, but we should protect ourselves and each other.

by Anonymousreply 66October 16, 2020 4:28 PM

They've been branching out to all sorts of threads lately, R66.

Also, OP is complaining about lesbians and "dyke cunts" pretty frequently, and he's often in anti-trans threads upsetting the British anti-trans ladies. They're always calling him "lesbophobic."

My suspicion is that either the anti-trans ladies are here in this thread because they're trying to get back at OP, or OP is actually one of them and this is a sockpuppet account used give the illusion that these poor ladies are threatened and oppressed by big mean "lesbophobic gays."

by Anonymousreply 67October 16, 2020 4:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!