Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There's No Way Bronson Pinchot is Straight

Never married (supposedly had a fianceé who jilted him, like, 35 years ago). Actor/house renovator. Cookie smeller.

I'm not buying what he's selling. You?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2021 4:15 PM

Sat across from him on the subway once. Very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2020 12:45 PM

He looks great in that photo. Never thought he was that good looking as Balki, but he looks hot as hell in the OP’s post.

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2020 12:48 PM

Wait is that Balki Bartakamous?? He looks super different and very handsome! Wow. Definitely at least flexible but most likely family.

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2020 12:48 PM

He does look good there, which points more strongly towards his being gay. Straight guys don't age like that.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2020 12:49 PM

I'm a lesbian, and I found him very attractive as Balki, which makes me think he was probably gay or at the very least bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2020 1:00 PM

There’s no way I care about Bronson Pinchot’s sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2020 1:05 PM

super handsome

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2020 1:06 PM

He was also in a Sondheim musical on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2020 1:06 PM

It's almost like he's trying to tell us. His lips say "no, no" while his resumé says "yes, yes!"

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2020 1:09 PM

He seems more like an awkward straight guy that doesn't know how to keep a woman.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 1:09 PM

he looks good now but not when he was Balki

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 1:13 PM

He's grown into his nose.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 1:16 PM

There was a period between Balki and now where he was really sexy in a nerdy sort of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 1:26 PM

He was on The Surreal Life and he seemed like a str8 creeper.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 1:28 PM

His co-star, Mark Linn-Baker: now there's a cookie smeller!!!

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote] There's No Way Bronson Pinchot is Straight

Thanks for the definitive ruling. It was beginning to divide the country.

[quote] Never married (supposedly had a fianceé who jilted him, like, 35 years ago). Actor/house renovator. Cookie smeller.

Wow. He sounds so evil.

I'm not buying what he's selling. You?

What exactly is he selling? Is he part of a ponzi scheme? Was he involved with Steve Bannon in the bogus GoFundMe to build "The Wall?"

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 1:55 PM

Hey r16!

Having a real "Monday" there man?

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 1:57 PM

What happened to his pyramid of properties in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania? He fashioned himself a house restorer and had a brief TV series documenting this, then all went bust and the courts seized the properties in payment of debts and taxes.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 2:02 PM

That was 2014-2015

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 2:02 PM

Is he gay? Don't be reedeeculous.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 2:03 PM

[quote] What happened to his pyramid of properties in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania? He fashioned himself a house restorer and had a brief TV series documenting this, then all went bust and the courts seized the properties in payment of debts and taxes.

Thank you, R18. Thats the dirt I wondering about. It seems that R17 is busy fingering his grandmother after crushing up Xanax and putting it in her coffee.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 2:10 PM

When he lived on Thompson Street near Bleecker, saw him shirtless on a skate board. He pinged loudly.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 2:11 PM

He’s an old.

We don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 3:16 PM

Many years ago, Bronson Pinchot did a commercial for Maxwell House coffee, with this very 80s/thirtysomething vibe, how when people visit his apartment and get up from his living room chairs, "the backs of their thighs look like Belgian waffles."

His face is unrecognizable as Balki. It reads as self-loathing to me. It's a Jennifer Grey-type move that has completely erased the charisma from his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 3:25 PM

I'd forgotten about that commercial, R24. But the Belgian waffles thing brought it all back.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 3:44 PM

I remember him being pretty lecherous towards Janice Dickinson on The Surreal Life so I’d say straight and awkward with women.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 3:53 PM

I agree with 26. He seems straight to me, with a tiny hint of incel. And a big dose of European...in his name, appearance, body language, and fake accents. In some small, macho minds, "European" translates as "gay".

I can see how he triggers gaydars, though. In some interviews, he kept unnecessarily uttering the phrase "My girlfriend..." Also, he seemed upset that Tom Cruise had bullied him on a movie set because Tom thought he was gay.

He played a gay character in Beverly Hills Cop during a time period that was very unfriendly to gay people. I don't think he'd have taken that role if he were closeted.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 4:06 PM

That ad seems calculated to get out the message than in real life he's the farthest thing from an espresso with a lemon twist guy.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 4:15 PM

Does Mark Linn Baker live on the uws? I'm pretty sure I used to see him in my gym. Big fat cock, and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 4:15 PM

Is he related to the Pinchot sisters of Jackie/JFK association?

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 4:20 PM

I've seen MLB on the Upper West Side often, in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 4:26 PM

is that his real hair? looks fake in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 4:27 PM

He was engaged to Soap Actress Marcy Walker - from an interview

TV Guide - Bronson Pinchot recently told Movieline magazine that you broke up with him by leaving his engagement ring on his windshield wiper. Sounded kinda cold, Miss Marcy! Will you respond to this on the record?

Marcy Walker - Well... yeah. When I broke it off, he left this box of clothes on my doorstep with every sock and every pair of underwear that I'd ever bought him, every scrapbook thing, every napkin, anything that [reminded him of our relationship] was placed in a big box with this note. He asked me to give back his ring. But he didn't want to see me again. I didn't know where he was staying but I saw his car, so I left the ring with a note on his car.

TV Guide - How do you feel about him sharing it with the press?

Marcy Walker - Well, he never did share it with the press. This happened in 1983, '84. He never said anything about it before. I can't believe he'd say it all these years later. He must be pretty comfortable with his success to come pickin' on me. Because, the fact is, I love Bronson. I think he's an incredibly talented man. Very, very funny. And I'm very sorry if I broke his heart. [At that point] even I had gotten to the age where I knew that some things were fantasies and some things weren't. [Our relationship] was never to be real. And he knows that. He was living with me in L.A. when he auditioned for Beverly Hills Cop. I'm the one who told him to use the accent of the makeup artist we had when we made the movie Hot Resort -- Lily was her name. I just can't believe all these years later that he came back to pick on me. I guess I'm sort of an easy target.

It should be said that Marcy Walker has told the story about leaving the engagement ring on the windshield wiper of his car, but she never said WHO the person was. Until Bronson spilled the beans in Movieline Magazine

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 4:32 PM

He's so talented!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 4:34 PM

He is too handsome to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 4:35 PM

Yale men do age well. No personal life on Wikipedia entry = gay

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 4:36 PM

R31 yes in the 70s.so it was him MLB then.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 4:38 PM

He is EXTREMELY odd irl. Know someone who worked for him once, and I met him at the time. Was obsessed with whether Tom Cruise was gay. And he seems to have some serious OCD issues as well.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 4:39 PM

If he really did tell Marcy to return his ring but he didn't want to have to see her, then years later bitched about her dropping it off with a note, then he's a dick.

Also, she seems to hint that he ain't straight and they both knew it.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 4:40 PM

Believe it or not, he was nominated for the Best Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy for Perfect Strangers in 1987

Virtually unheard of for a THIF ABC sitcom

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2020 4:44 PM

I hated the whole Balki schtick. It was annoying to me like Urkel was in whatever that sitcom was.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2020 4:47 PM

Bronshon Pinsho.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2020 4:56 PM

He seems like a really decent guy who has never been problematic at all. So, while, if gay, I'd love for him to come out, I'm not going to drag him much for being in the closet. He was great all the way back in Risky Business. I think he's had some interviews over the years where he described working with some Hollywood titans who were simply awful. I think Denzel was one person he pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

His hair changes repeatedly in that scene at r34. Very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2020 4:57 PM

Honestly he looks much better now than as Balki.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]Was obsessed with whether Tom Cruise was gay.

So how is that different from your average Datalounger?

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote] never been problematic at all.

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2020 5:15 PM

He'd be a lot more interesting if he were gay, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2020 5:23 PM

It’s rumored that he was involved with David Hyde Pierce when they were both undergrads at Yale.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2020 5:31 PM

He wasn’t the fiancé Marci walked in on with another guy, right? Because that also happened.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 5:35 PM

I can't believe I'm the first to mention this. Bronson Pinchot has been sexually harassing women for many years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 5:36 PM

Here's Rebeca Golden:

If you have wondered why I haven’t said anything about Bronson, it’s because I adhere to the old adage that if you can’t say anything nice about someone then don’t say anything at all.

But the truth is there are some nice things I can say about him.

He was a true Jekyll/Hyde. In the beginning, he was so sweet and fun to work with but as we got further into the success of the show, he morphed into a monster. I was the one member of the cast that seemed to draw his wrath. It was quite the paradox living my dream of being on a sitcom but subjected to being sexually assaulted by him regularly. At the time, there was nothing I or anyone else could do about it. He held all the cards.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 5:44 PM

You weren’t the first to mention it, r51.

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 5:46 PM

so many positive comments...he must be posting in this thread himself lol

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 6:02 PM

When I was very young, I thought all gay men looked and acted like Bronson Pinchot and Paul Reubens.

by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 6:03 PM

He is attractive but I can't bring myself to think of him that way. Seeing him on TV for so many years made me think of him as my gay uncle.

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote] He wasn’t the fiancé Marci walked in on with another guy, right? Because that also happened.

Wasn't it her husband, Billy Warlock she walked in on while he and Kin Shriner were fucking?

by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 6:54 PM

He was nerdy-hot in True Romance.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 7:17 PM

I started this thread liking Pinchot in a nostalgic way, and now I'm totally skeeved out by him. It's true, isn't it? Nothing gold can stay.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] I've seen MLB on the Upper West Side often, in the 70s.

According to Wikipedia the Polo Grounds were “bounded by West 155th Street, Frederick Douglass Blvd. and Harlem River Drive in Washington Heights, Upper Manhattan, New York”.

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2020 7:22 PM

I want to hear more about the poor little town in Pennsylvania he ruined?

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 7:23 PM

"Cousin Larry" was not really my cousin if you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 7:31 PM

He may be a mess but his AV Club interview was glorious,.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 7:32 PM

R24 This Vivian Vance commercial plead right after the video you posted.

I guess YouTube's algorithms just knew we were DLers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote] This Vivian Vance commercial plead

Guilty or not guilty?

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 7:35 PM

No Contest.😄

*Played, damn autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 7:41 PM

Wait, so is he gay or not?!?? I’m getting mixed signals here...

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 9:07 PM

He sure didn't seem gay on The Surreal Life. If he is gay, he overcompensates.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 9:19 PM

I have to go to the poor little Pennsylvania town he ruined next week for work. I will undertake a very special DL investigation and report back. I do know that almost all the guys he had on that show with him as sidekicks or contractors also worked at or were associated with the big gay campground up the road. Someone told me that on fantasy weekend one summer he got fucked by a bunch of different guys each dressed like they were from one of Tom Cruise's movies on the stage at the rec hall while in character as Balki.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 9:35 PM

A story like that’s GOT to be true!

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 10:03 PM

He cruised me, hard, when we ran into each other in the alley behind a London theatre about 20 years ago. He told me a bar he'd be hanging out at later that night, but I ended up hooking up with an Indiana farmboy (who later went back into the closet and married a very fat girl) that I met at a different show that night.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 10:07 PM

That home makeover show - set in the aforementioned ruined town - was truly a trip.

He had an oddly specific yet off-kilter Federal style aesthetic that he imposed in very odd ways to the houses he was rennovating. His contractors seemed to have no idea about what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] Wait, so is he gay or not?!?? I’m getting mixed signals here...

NO.

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2020 1:58 AM

I've always had my suspicions about him. As soon as "Perfect Strangers" was over, he became a bodybuilder-- and so became almost uncastable (as happens to other comic actors like Joe Piscopo once they become bodybuilders). the best he could do was a recurring role on "Step by Step," a horrible TGIF show aimed at kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2020 3:03 AM

He was also in another short lived show called Meego which I watched for Will Estes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2020 3:31 AM

R73: Bronson.

by Anonymousreply 76October 13, 2020 6:17 AM

I remember being intrigued by his hairy chest as a sexually confused boy

by Anonymousreply 77October 13, 2020 1:49 PM

I used to JO thinking about Balki and Larry sucking each other

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2020 2:06 PM

People who work with him say he is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2020 2:12 PM

He's been openly gay for years.

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2020 8:44 PM

R75, Meego was a great show.

Anyway, it seems that he's bisexual, like most people. The secretly-status quo sexual orientation.

Straight people are much more scarce than most DLers seem to believe. It's deceiving because a lot of bisexuals would rather deny the homo half of their orientation and do the very most to pass themselves off as straight. They'll take it to the grave sooner than they'd publicly admit they're attracted to the same sex.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2020 8:54 PM

R80 Well, here he is in an interview from January of this year talking about a woman he says he had an affair with, but no mention of being gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2020 9:50 PM

He comes across a little more ambiguous than American men tend to. It’s more an English thing, where someone like Richard E. Grant is a raging heterosexual despite contrary appearances.

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2020 9:59 PM

Here is test I give to all the men. If he looks at my beautiful photo and vomits, he is a gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2020 10:01 PM

He's so full of himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 5, 2021 11:46 PM

R85, I disagree. I love his honesty and all of the dishy details he gave. I really enjoyed reading it.

by Anonymousreply 86February 6, 2021 12:10 AM

"Bronson Pinchot" sure sounds like a name a gay actor would pick out for himself.

by Anonymousreply 87February 6, 2021 12:16 AM

Ten years ago, I bought some antique frames from him on eBay. That was before they banned him for bid-shilling his own items. I strongly suspect that he had bid up those frames, which is illegal. I may have reported him; I can’t remember any longer.

by Anonymousreply 88February 6, 2021 1:15 AM

he's had good plastic surgery on his nose until very recently. At r85, he looks terrific, though at r82/OP it looks like he had a second nosejob that may have overdid it. But he understood the best thing to do if you have a ridiculously big nose is to get it made subtly smaller, not immediately tiny like jennifer Gray did so you become unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 89February 6, 2021 2:07 AM

He pinged majorly in his couple brief scenes in After Hours. Guess he’s bi if he’s cruising some Datalounger and also serially harassing women.

by Anonymousreply 90February 6, 2021 2:21 AM

I think he's straight. If he were gay and in the closet, he would not have taken that role in Beverly Hills Cop. Also, he would not have talked about Tom Cruise's homophobic bullying of him on the set of Risky Business.

by Anonymousreply 91February 6, 2021 2:30 AM

He chased me around a pool table once. Offered me an audition for a Pepsodent commercial if I got "wicked" with him. Sloppy drunk .Obnoxious and not remotely attractive. Since I'm a foot taller then him and not an actor I declined Balki's offer. I thought it best we remain perfect strangers.

by Anonymousreply 92February 6, 2021 2:45 AM

Never heard he and Marcy Walker were ever a couple. They managed to keep that well hidden for years.

Interesting Marcy would go from Bronson to Billy Warlock. Both short actors with brown/black hair and questionable sexuality. Guess she has a type.

by Anonymousreply 93February 6, 2021 2:58 AM

He was so handsome when he was in Perfect Strangers, and is so handsome now.

by Anonymousreply 94February 6, 2021 4:27 AM

Didn't realize he was still alive??

by Anonymousreply 95February 6, 2021 4:29 AM

He’s been openly gay for years.

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2021 5:28 AM

Didn’t he and Carol Burnett try to claim they dated back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 97February 6, 2021 5:51 AM

I know someone who worked with him on multiple episodes of Perfect Strangers. He was fairly despised. An obnoxious "Ain't I cute?" pompous ass. In one episode he didn't like the costume he was supposed to wear. They were taping the show live and he had a fit when they put it on him for one brief scene...so... he pissed in it. Everyone was speechless. He just stood there with his arms folded and a wet crotch until they frantically changed it moments before the live scene. A lot of people hated him. Another thing, they had paid fake laughers peppered throughout the audience at all the tapings. You could always hear this one turd fake belly laugh on queue at every, E-V-E-R-Y crap joke. It was nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 98February 6, 2021 6:34 AM

Didn't he work with Cruise in some movie? Wonder if he's been paid off a few times. Just speculating.....

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2021 6:45 AM

To the people claiming he's been openly gay for years, please link to any article or interview in which he mentions being gay or seeing men.

by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2021 9:23 AM

Yeah, I've always heard he was a total asshole. By contrast the guy who played Larry App-leton seems like a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2021 9:42 AM

Gotta love DL, where no has been has ever lapsed too far into obscurity to pop up as the subject of a lengthy, deep-diving thread.

by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2021 9:58 AM

[quote]It seems that [R17] is busy fingering his grandmother

Well, it's not like she is fingering herself. Being dead and all.

by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote] "Thanks for the definitive ruling. It was beginning to divide the country."

You're a Grade A cunt, R16.

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote] "There was a period between Balki and now where he was really sexy in a nerdy sort of way."

Those days are gone.

by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2021 12:47 PM

He bulked up after Perfect Strangers and was hot for a brief period

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2021 12:58 PM

His showcased his newly acquired bodybuilder physique on the short-lived 1993 sitcom The Trouble With Larry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2021 1:04 PM

His characters/roles good and he's worked with a surprising number of big stars and on good projects. He probably is an asshole, but still, I enjoy his insider anecdotes.

by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2021 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!