Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Portland "protests"

Tonight in Portland to chants of “whose streets? Stolen land!” And “what’s outrageous? Kids in cages,” as part of Indigenous People's Day of Rage, statues of Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln were toppled, the historical society and museum were vandalized, a mural on a nearby building was shot with paintballs and as a bonus, the Portland State University public safety office was vandalized. Meanwhile, the police stood by and periodically announced "those of you involved in vandalism may be subject to arrest."

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2020 6:25 PM

Teddy & Abe, come on down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2020 5:29 AM

Good. Burn it all down until the white people finally MAYBE decide to start really listening

by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2020 5:30 AM

PSU police office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2020 5:31 AM

Well that’s going to win hearts and minds. Stupid

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2020 5:31 AM

Mural defaced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2020 5:31 AM

R3 Cheong isn’t even in America, he trolls from Malaysia. I’d. Take anything he pushes with a huge grain of salt

by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2020 5:33 AM

These people are brainless pigs. They need to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2020 5:33 AM

R7 I agree, Trumps administration does need to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2020 5:35 AM

R6 that just happened to be the first tweet I grabbed about the PSU building. I watched the statue and two museums attacked from my balcony.

R2, it's Portland, it's all white idiots causing the damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2020 5:35 AM

R8, they BOTH need to fuck off. If you can't see that then you are as brainless as both Trump and these morons.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2020 5:38 AM

I wonder how many of the protesters are actually indigenous. I suspect that the majority of them are White Wokesters of varying gender identities.

(And as I type this out, R9 posts that picture, pretty much confirming my suspicion!)

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2020 5:38 AM

R11 those were people arrested Saturday night, but yes the representation of who is out in the streets. A friend joked that the picture had the token girl with green and purple hair. My reply was the purple hair is most likely "they/them."

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2020 5:41 AM

It would be shocking if the ones with green and purple hair AREN'T using they/them pronouns!

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Change can be painful

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Lol @R9 These kids need jobs. They look like college kids and probably worked part time in retail or food service if at all. Thinning hair guy is probably 32 and still in school. Now they are out of work, bored and stirring up trouble. Purple hair is definitely a them!

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2020 5:45 AM

What's up with Portland? Every where else has calmed down, but Portland just keeps going!

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote]Change can be painful

More importantly, terrorism, like these "protesters" are committing, can be painful.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2020 5:48 AM

Change my ass these are vandals who will vote third party in a few weeks. I support peaceful protests. I’ve marches myself many times but the Portland people are not winning anybody over to their side and they are vandalising the property of people who are already on their side. There are much better ways of effecting lasting change. We went from being name and shamed in the NYT to being able to legally marry in 60 years. That’s staggering to anyone who lived through the two eras. The problem is real change doesn’t happen overnight, it happens in steps and it takes dedication and hard work. When hard work calls few answer.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2020 5:53 AM

yes R14 shooting flares through the windows of the evidently racist art museum is a great way to get people to support whatever change it is you're attempting to bring about. The only change these people are interested in, is a new place each night to destroy.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2020 5:55 AM

Keep posting the protests. I just looked at CNN - nothing. We need full stories and coverage.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2020 6:42 AM

All losers. And LOL @ R2 — this will have the opposite effect. Believe me, sensible people see this as a huge nuisance that does not advance any cause, only sets us all back.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2020 6:45 AM

Curious how the national media has pretty much turned off the news switch about the continued riots and vandalism.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2020 6:47 AM

On CNN and I searched Portland and the last article came up was the 9th, unrelated. I read some BI that all major networks including Fox were told not cover the protests. There was 100,000 march in LA for the Armenian situation, peaceful, no issues, and that wasn't covered. That's a massive event. I read it on local news and city alerts.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2020 7:46 AM

[quote] Elegant Pete on Late Term Abortion I love Pete. He is such an eloquent and elegant speaker. He was by far the best spikenard most articulate of the primary candidates. He had a thoughtfulness to everything that was unique. Obama-esque, but fuck it, Pete still did it better. I can't wait to see what he'll do.

[quote] Portland "protests" Keep posting the protests. I just looked at CNN - nothing. We need full stories and coverage.

[quote] Portland "protests" On CNN and I searched Portland and the last article came up was the 9th, unrelated. I read some BI that all major networks including Fox were told not cover the protests. There was 100,000 march in LA for the Armenian situation, peaceful, no issues, and that wasn't covered. That's a massive event. I read it on local news and city alerts.

[quote] Could someone explain why Trump is doing better with Latinos in 2020 than he did in 2016? Is Nicaragua part of America? Can they vote?

[quote] What's next in line to be canceled? Black people telling "faggot" jokes.

[quote] I cannot believe that Trump is ahead in Ohio At the end of the day, people are getting tired of BLM, riots and looting. I'm tired of it. The rise of anti-Semitisim is becoming a real problem tied in with BLM. A lot of Jews are out supporting Trump in LA. I understand that it's not necessarily BLM, but the bad apples that are mixed in with the looting will be considered BLM by default.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2020 9:09 AM

The Portland protestors don't have a goal, besides destroying Portland. Sad that Iannarone will win because everyone rightly wants Wheeler gone. She will be worse.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2020 9:35 AM

OP has been singing the same tired old tune since 1865, 1960-1992 and now in 2020: They're coming to rape your daughters, burn your towns, and destroy your god given rights as White people!

He'll die miserable and alone be reincarnated as one of David Duke's dingleberries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2020 9:36 AM

R26 posting from atop his cross. They know not what they do 😂

You haven't made anyone's life better and you never will.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2020 9:39 AM

R26 posting from atop his cross. They know not what they do 😂

You haven't made anyone's life better and you never will.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2020 9:39 AM

R28 All white supremacists like you think opposing racist invective used to paint black people as savages, which you've been doing for the better part of 300 years and this is no different, is some type of sanctimonious martyrdom. Part of your sickness is you falsely believe that most people think or behave like you. They don't.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2020 9:44 AM

"Looting" canards distract from bureaucratic violence toward Black people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2020 9:48 AM

Rationalizing White Violence: Max Weber and the Shifting Strategies of White Supremacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2020 9:51 AM

From “brute” to “thug:” the demonization and criminalization of unarmed Black male victims in America

The synonymy of Blackness with criminality is not a new phenomenon in America. Documented historical accounts have shown how myths, stereotypes, and racist ideologies led to discriminatory policies and court rulings that fueled racial violence in a post-Reconstruction era and has culminated in the exponential increase of Black male incarceration today. Misconceptions and prejudices manufactured and disseminated through various channels such as the media included references to a “brute” image of Black males. In the 21st century, this negative imagery of Black males has frequently utilized the negative connotation of the terminology “thug.” In recent years, law enforcement agencies have unreasonably used deadly force on Black males allegedly considered to be “suspects” or “persons of interest.” The exploitation of these often-targeted victims' criminal records, physical appearances, or misperceived attributes has been used to justify their unlawful deaths. Despite the connection between disproportionate criminality and Black masculinity, little research has been done on how unarmed Black male victims, particularly but not exclusively at the hands of law enforcement, have been posthumously criminalized. This paper investigates the historical criminalization of Black males and its connection to contemporary unarmed victims of law enforcement. Action research methodology in the data collection process is utilized to interpret how Black male victims are portrayed by traditional mass media, particularly through the use of language, in ways that marginalize and de-victimize these individuals. This study also aims to elucidate a contemporary understanding of race relations, racism, and the plight of the Black male in a 21-century “post-racial” America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2020 9:53 AM

Day of Rage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2020 11:10 AM

R33 Fucking ridiculous. Get a healthier hobby.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2020 11:17 AM

R4 This is not about hearts and minds, it's about 400 years of injustice and violence perpetrated by whites reaching its tipping point. The civilized amongst us are talking about how to end the perpetual cycle of theft, looting, rioting and murder inflicted on the black and indigenous communities the longest, whereas the historically predictable white majority comfortable with a system of inequity that privileges them fall back on their centuries long propaganda and racist stereotyping because it's easier than facing the truth.

"KING: The mood of the Negro community now is one of urgency, one of saying that we aren't going to wait. That we've got to have our freedom. We've waited too long. So that I would say that every summer we're going to have this kind of vigorous protest. My hope is that it will be non-violent. I would hope that we can avoid riots because riots are self-defeating and socially destructive. I would hope that we can avoid riots, but that we would be as militant and as determined next summer and through the winter as we have been this summer. And I think the answer about how long it will take will depend on the federal government, on the city halls of our various cities, and on White America to a large extent. This is where we are at this point, and I think White America will determine how long it will be and which way we go in the future."

White America has determined, 54 years later, that there is no racism endemic in American society, police are free to murder as many innocent black people as they like, and that there is no suitable recourse for minorities besides indefinite oppression. It has determined that the contemporary monuments to slavery it erected in the 1930's-1960's, as the vast majority of confederate statues were erected as a response to the growing call for civil rights, are here to stay and that the cleanup bill for a building is worth more than the lives and liberty of millions. Most of them remain completely ignorant of the contemporariness of these statues and the invention of the caste system that privileges them. They are ignorant of the Tulsa Massacre and the 400 year long campaign of terrorism foisted on the same people they are demonizing and attempting to suppress.

A year before his assassination Dr. King proclaimed that a majority of white Americans were racist. This is still true today. Look no further than the three simple words "Black Lives Matter" provoking an outright media propaganda war or the more than 600 times white supremacist vigilantes have descended onto peaceful protests with the aim of turning them violent or killing people just since the murder of George Floyd. None of this matters to OP, so long as that any time "Black Lives Matter" is mentioned an image of violence is conjured within the psyche of white Americans he is able to further radicalize.

As professor Carol Anderson lays out in the video @ R30, "looting" and "rioting" is the "brutishness" and "savagery" White Americans have historically placed on black people or around civil rights movements to curtail these calls for justice. The media takes footage of a protest turned violent (most often due to police brutality or the presence of white supremacist counter protestors) contained to a single block and spins it to suggest entire cities are being razed to the ground. White supremacists then multiply these falsehoods online to provoke white supremacist terrorists to take to the streets like we're seeing now.

OP is an integral part of that chain of white supremacist rhetoric. He does the grunt work of disseminating the propaganda and creating the dialogue that shifts the blame on the oppressed. He has even asserted that children thrown in concentration camps should not provoke outrage.

History tells us what the next steps of this dehumanization and scapegoating campaign results in.

September 27, 1966: MLK—A riot is the language of the unheard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2020 11:30 AM

OP, why did you share a link to a far right Trumpist account suspiciously named "OrdinaryAmericanGirl" and a tweet that garnered a total of 8 likes and 3 retweets? You would have absolutely needed to search for this nobody's propaganda, it's not like you just stumbled across it out of noteworthiness.

Before we take part in any more scapegoating and far right hysteria I think we should demand that you:

-Tell us why you are following this account -Why far right activist Andy Ngo seems to be the only person talking about it -Why the reality of children tossed in concentration camps is not outrageous to you -Etc, etc..

Statistical evidence from the FBI and other agencies tells us we have more to fear from white supremacists and far right extremists like yourself than from antifa and all far left groups combined

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2020 11:45 AM

OP, how was the weather in Krasnoyarsk when you posted that? It must be cold there this time of year.

Or, maybe you're one of Breitbart "interns"?

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2020 12:22 PM

The wokescolds are out early!

Let Portland be Portland, not Detroit.

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2020 12:24 PM

No matter how many times OP and his sock puppets try to create divisive threads, their orange piece of shit is going down - BIGLY!! But, hey, keep posting... Soon, you'll be unemployed and, more importantly, unemployable.

by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2020 12:35 PM

these people are animals and need to be put down.

by Anonymousreply 40October 12, 2020 1:12 PM

White people destroying shit.. what else is new.

by Anonymousreply 41October 12, 2020 1:17 PM

R9 I'm not surprised by how anyone looks in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 42October 12, 2020 1:18 PM

R23 all the major news outlets are covering the riots and destruction last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 12, 2020 1:19 PM

It's a fucking hunk of metal. Cry me a river.

Stop pretending you even care about it. You don't.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote] all the major news outlets are covering the riots and destruction last night.

I just looked at cnn.com. Nada. Did CBS run that on their Late Night as the nation was asleep.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2020 1:31 PM

If Native Americans have an objection to former Presidents who mistreated Native Americans like Lincoln, who hanged about 40 of them for leading a rebellion against white settler terrorists, then maybe they have a point. These statues, like the people who fetishize them, have absolutely no culturally enriching value.

The solution is to find better heroes

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2020 1:33 PM

R45 Google “Portland protests” and you’ll see that all of the major news outlets are covering what happened in Portland last night.

Or are you being intentionally stupid? The vast majority of the responses on this thread are from trolls.

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2020 1:34 PM

When white people erect statues and monuments on public space they're not showcasing their best. They're building statues of rapists, genociders, mass murderers and some, I assume, are good people.

I'm calling for a complete and total shutdown of monuments like this until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2020 1:43 PM

R48 you’re a clumsy troll. Not Russian, but a home grown American idiot. Provoke better next time.

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2020 1:47 PM

Dear r36 r37 and r39 I’m sorry I didn’t post a link that met your quality control standards. I simply searched the hashtag portlandprotests on Twitter and they were the most recent at the time I posted, which I did from my living room window watching them pull the statue down.

I have zero issue with working to remove monuments to a racist past, but there is a way to go about it that doesn’t involve creating thousands of dollars of damage for someone to clean up (where does that money come from - our tax dollars). It also doesn’t include breaking out the windows of the art museum and local businesses - I saw photos of at least 4 restaurants and a jeweler that had their windows broken out. Care to enlighten us what atrocities against indigenous people those local businesses committed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2020 1:51 PM

R50 But you've had 300 years to clean up your act and nothing changes. Your racist statues have been evicted. You have no one to blame but yourself. Since money is your top concern it would behoove you to actually inform yourself about how the cost of racism paid in the form of civil lawsuits exceeds several hundred million annually.

You are full of justifications for racism. You pretend to be on board with "working" towards a vague beneficial outcome but we know that's not your goal. Hence:

[quote] [R48] you’re a clumsy troll. Not Russian, but a home grown American idiot. Provoke better next time.

The substanceless childlike response one comes to expect from white people when something so grotesque as that statue pictured get shown. I'm an idiot for blowing your cover and illustrating what exactly is being fought against, not your strawman. #400YearsofWhiteRage

by Anonymousreply 51October 12, 2020 2:01 PM

White Supremacist OP's thread has been scratched out. The people have spoken.

by Anonymousreply 52October 12, 2020 2:03 PM

Zzzzzz ^

by Anonymousreply 53October 12, 2020 2:06 PM

R51 can you tell me how breaking out windows of local businesses helps being an end to racism?

by Anonymousreply 54October 12, 2020 2:07 PM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 12, 2020 2:07 PM

Being = bring

-r54 with the obligatory oh dear

by Anonymousreply 56October 12, 2020 2:07 PM

[quote] [R51] can you tell me how breaking out windows of local businesses helps being an end to racism?

Oh I absolutely could tell you how your leading pernicious question isn't worthy of a serious reply a hundred different ways but that still wouldn't stop you from your campaign of victim blaming, evasiveness and racism that ignores context and history in service of white supremacy, so I guess I'll just leave you and the other handful of bigots to declare victory in a thread no one is bothering with anymore because it's been grayed out for its putrid racism.

Oh, and Happy Indigenous Peoples Day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 12, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] #400YearsofWhiteRage

Your hysterical argument are not persuasive r51

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 2:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2020 2:31 PM

I can only imagine the mishmash of preferred pronouns in r9

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2020 2:34 PM

R58 Grammar, dear. My goal is not to persuade you with the truth as I am old enough to understand the futility in this endeavor. You will remain and die a sheltered bigot just as millions of white Americans who engaged in the exact same tactics and rhetoric as you have. If the concept of White Rage is unknown to you, there is always time to pick up a book and learn the real history of this country from formation to present

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2020 2:36 PM

Rage against the sky gramps ^

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2020 2:39 PM

R57 must have their settings on "delicate flower" as this thread isn't greyed out. But if it makes you feel better dear, have at the FF's.

Who are the victims I'm blaming with my question in R54? The victims in this case being local business owners who now have to spend their time filing insurance claims and/or spending their own money (which is in short supply due to covid closure/restrictions) to clean up the damage caused by a bunch of white children having a tantrum for the 100 and whatever night in a row.

Two days ago there was a peaceful protest led by the black community featuring black speakers and no police presence. It ended at 9:30 without incident. The shit that went on last night was carried out by people who look like the idiots in r9.

I lifted this from another discussion I saw on the matter and it sums up the situation perfectly. Who gives an F about those statues, but vandalizing our art museum and smashing windows indiscriminately in a 9 block radius? If this group WASN’T actually a bunch of privileged white assholes using the painful history of marginalized groups as fuel for this actual ‘big zucchini contest’ they might feel lucky to live in a city with an art museum. AND they might have some appreciation for business owners who have already had to scramble to support their families in this horrible pandemic. Indigenous people are well known for their peaceful approach to protest, and I would really like to see how many were involved in organizing this fiasco, because this just reeks like privilege to me. Our city IS being held hostage by these fools and none of our local leaders will risk their woke reputations to do anything to stop it. That museum is special to me and millions of others. Don’t fuck with our art museum. 😓 whatever I’m tired of this shit. So tired of white people intervening & trying to dominate conversations they weren’t even invited to join.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2020 2:44 PM

R62 Rage? A hunk of metal being ripped down was enough to send you into a schizoid level meltdown today. Remember that. I'm not burdened with such trivialities but knowing you are induces the exact opposite of rage. It provides me peace of mind knowing that you and what you represent wanes just a little bit more each day as the world turns....

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2020 2:45 PM

You’re devoting a lot of effort to your nonsensical screeds this morning r64

Do you get paid by the word?

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2020 2:50 PM

[quote] Indigenous people are well known for their peaceful approach to protest.

R63 Your naïveté and defense of white supremacist rhetoric is exemplified here.

This is a stereotype generated by Hollywood and Genocide negationists that brainwashed you into believing this country was just ceded away gleefully by First Nations People over pumpkin pie.

You are able to cape for white supremacists due to rebellions that began on slave ships destined for Portugal and the Americas, not the white supremacist narrative embedded in the statue @R48. Know this.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2020 2:55 PM

Blah blah blah ^

It thinks it’s making cogent points, but in reality, it is laughable and kind of pathetic

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2020 2:57 PM

r24, I was walking yesterday and got caught in the Armenian protest walk. Yes it was peaceful. Lots of beefy men. One woman offered me a Snickers, but I declined.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2020 3:00 PM

R67 Who would expect someone that for 4 posts in a row defensively shrieks and responds only with "blah blah blah," as a rebuttal to understand what actually makes an argument cogent? I mean really.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2020 3:01 PM

Blacks don't seem to do better in Africa where they are free of whites. China uses slavery. Maybe blacks Are our slaves and need discipline.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2020 3:02 PM

r70 don't you have a few crosses to burn?

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2020 3:07 PM

R69 you have posted 33% of the responses on this thread. You have not made a logical argument. Far from it.

Therefore, your arguments are to be mocked.

And you’re definitely getting paid by the word.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2020 3:09 PM

R72 Most of my replies have actually been providing links. Links you haven't read. Your replies on the other hand are exclusively one line dismissals. It's the equivalent of Trump getting on a debate stage and just replying "Wrong." You haven't said anything. You are merely incensed that this thread is not a safe space for your racist ignorance and invective.

I can't help that.

Who am I being paid by? Those no good manipulative Jews funding the BLM movement? It's no big secret that you're obviously prone to believing racist conspiracy theories so I'd love to see the one salient thing you might be able to conjure in this thread be about that.

Dig yourself deeper. Who has been paying me to post on this website for about 8 years now? None of those checks seem to have cleared.

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2020 3:21 PM

It is still speaking

Speaking nonsense

Poor thing

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] Your replies on the other hand are exclusively one line dismissals. It's the equivalent of Trump getting on a debate stage and just replying "Wrong." You haven't said anything.

Can't be

[quote] It is still speaking

[quote] Speaking nonsense

[quote] Poor thing

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2020 3:25 PM

They want all whites replaced like in South Africa. Whites need to think as a race. Our countries should be defended.

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2020 3:26 PM

Race traitors are not human.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2020 3:27 PM

Perhaps r75 and 20+ other posts has Covid brain fog

It would explain how hysterical, persistent and nonsensical it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2020 3:32 PM

OP here, I hate to feed the troll(s), but I want to send a quick shot of my view from “Krasnoyarsk” as r36’s delusions have led them to believe.

You were right about one thing, it is cold in Portland today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2020 4:04 PM

I grew up in Indian country and the only president they care about (to my knowledge) is Jackson. As long as there aren't statues to the BIA or him they're not worried.

We had a Washington elementary with lots of George Washington shit everywhere and I don't remember anyone caring.

But then again, they're actual Indians, not pretendians or white people with identity issues.

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2020 4:05 PM

No one reasonable would doubt you’re validity OP / R79, excerpt for the hysterical troll who has made 1/3 of the responses to your thread.

I’m going into my office today, which is 2 blocks from your apartment, and seeing the damage that those white anarchist kids have done.

I’m fed up with the political leadership of Portland. This destruction needs to stop. Knee caps those white anarchists to start. Steadily escalate their punishments if those white kids keep destroying property.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2020 4:35 PM

R81 needs to be checked into mental institution. Stop blaming whites for black terrorists

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2020 4:41 PM

Loon ^

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2020 4:45 PM

R82 have you looked at r9? Those are the people who were arrested at the “protests” on Saturday. Notice what’s missing? A single black person. The protests have been hijacked by a bunch of emotionally stunted white assholes who only want to fuck shit up.

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2020 5:00 PM

Weren't yesterday's protests supposed to be about Indigenous people, and not Black people?

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2020 5:10 PM

They were R85. It was billed as Indigenous People Day Of Rage. It's the same people though. I watched a video of them trying to topple the statue and someone is yelling "anyone who doesn't like Black Lives Matter can fuck off."

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2020 5:30 PM

From Portland based Portugal the Man.

For all those who thought we reached the pinnacle of our career, we just wrote a song with Jeff Bhasker and Paul Williams featuring Weird Al Yankovic and The Last Artful Dodgr. Then we made a video with all our best friends in our backyard and in the river, we live on. So there. Today is Indigenous Peoples Day but really it should be every day. We are thankful to our Indigenous friends who helped us conceptualize and create this video for release today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2020 5:37 PM

There are no indigenous people there either.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2020 5:49 PM

R88 where? In Oregon? There are 9 (federally recognized) tribes in Oregon. There are several others that do now have federal recognition, which does not mean they don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

r80 good post. This reminds me of how only 3% of latinos are open to being referred to as "latinx." The majority had never heard of it and of those who had they overwhelmingly thought it was stupid. More gringo bullshit, when will it end?!

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2020 5:56 PM

There are no indigenous people in the arrest photos, R89.

White people.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2020 6:00 PM

That makes sense. I thought you were talking about the music video.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2020 6:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!