Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TOMMY RALL is Dead to Me

MGM Golden Era Dancing Great Dies at 90

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 11:31 AM

Has Ann Miller been reached for comment?

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2020 3:30 PM

Awww that’s sad. He was a great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2020 3:31 PM

Incredibly sexy in "7 Brides for 7 Brothers"--the standout among the men.

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2020 3:34 PM

Donald O'Connor said he was a greater dancer than either Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire.

In the 60s and onward he became an operatic tenor, and sang for the Opera Company of Boston and the NYC Opera.

I never knew if he could act, but he was a superlative dancer and singer, and he was very handsome too.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2020 3:38 PM

Has Streisand commented?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2020 6:59 PM

Was he a gay?

Well, was he?

by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2020 7:09 PM

At his greatest with Bob Fosse in the otherwise negligble MY SISTER EILEEN (55). "Duet."

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2020 7:24 PM

Yes, indeed, he and Fosse, but he was sex on a stick in Kiss Me Kate and Seven Brides, which is worth it for Lonesome Polecat alone.

by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2020 8:04 PM

I'd have such a hard time to pick just one. Jeff Richards, Russ Tamblyn, Tommy Rall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2020 8:05 PM

KISS ME KATE (53): "From This Moment On." Spectacular talent!

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2020 8:14 PM

. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2020 7:45 PM

THE SEX SYMBOL

: 1974

: CONNIE STEVENS, SHELLEY WINTERS, DON MURRAY, JACK CARTER, NEHEMIAH PERSOFF, MADLYN RHUE, WILLIAM CASTLE, MILTON SELZER

BRIEF PLOT SUMMARY: KELLY WILLIAMS IS "THE SEX SYMBOL" (played by Connie Stevens). A TRAGIC STORY OF A MAJOR GLAMOROUS MOVIE STAR HITTING BOTTOM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2020 7:48 PM

r11 and r12 seem to have wandered over from the Connie Stevens thread.

by Anonymousreply 13October 14, 2020 10:25 PM

r11 and r12 seem to have wandered over from the Connie Stevens thread.

by Anonymousreply 14October 14, 2020 10:25 PM

Here's Tommy Rall performing an aerial in Pennies from Heaven (with Steve Martin and Bob Fitch) when he had to have been around 50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 14, 2020 11:28 PM

Duet from My Sister Eileen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2020 11:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!