Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anderson Cooper softball interview with Patti Davis

Did you see that? She just went on and on how her father's administration was so honest about his health.

UMMMMM

They lied for years about his Alzheimer's disease.

Shame on you Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2020 4:15 AM

Alzheimer's wasn't easy to diagnose then and Reagan had been "absent-minded" for so long that his "eccentricities" were often attributed to that.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2020 1:14 AM

Reagan died in 2004. It’s unlikely he lived with Alzheimer’s from as far back as the ‘80s. I think his condition didn’t really become an issue until ‘92, still well before his late ‘94 letter to the American public.

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2020 1:15 AM

Echoing what R1 has said, I think the White House was in denial and Alzheimer didn't cross their minds - just dismissing it as "absent-minded"

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2020 1:15 AM

And they hid Nancy testing positive for a mouthful of Sinatra cum.

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2020 1:21 AM

I saw most of it. Anderson was fine. Im sure if Reagan's administration was hiding anything, his daughter surely wasn't involved. Most of the people who were are long dead like him. We are talking over 30 years ago and Americans have more important things on their minds. She did admonish the current administration for their actions.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2020 1:22 AM

I don't give a fuck about them hiding Reagan's health. I give a fuck about them hiding the health of all the gay guys dying from AIDS.

Fuck Ronnie. May he rot in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2020 1:26 AM

It’s rare that a “television journalist” will press or challenge a guest.

by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]Alzheimer's wasn't easy to diagnose then and Reagan had been "absent-minded" for so long that his "eccentricities" were often attributed to that.

[quote] I think his condition didn’t really become an issue until ‘92, still well before his late ‘94 letter to the American public.

The crap is flowing tonight!

He was already falling asleep during press conferences in his second term as well as making other noticeable gaffes. He was ridiculed in the public for it. And there was speculation that he was at the very least starting to loose his marbles or become feeble. So no his condition wasn't an issue just when he left office. The guy was a fucking mess going into his second term.

And no, they knew he had Alzheimer's. They just covered it up because they knew how popular he was. But it wasn't some secret. Shit, Nancy was using her astrologer to help make policy decisions to cover for him.

Furthermore Patti Davis apologized for every act of protest she made against Reagan in the early 80's, to get back in the familie$ good grace$.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2020 1:40 AM

I don't know when Reagan's handlers knew, or should have known, that he had Alzheimer's -- as a Californian during his terms as Gov., I just always knew he was stupid and figured everyone else did too. The "Newsweek" obit of House Speaker Tip O'Neill reports:

[quote] Welcoming newly elected President Reagan to his Capitol office, O'Neill pointed out that he had Grover Cleveland's desk. Reagan brightened and said he'd played the man in the movies. O'Neill was talking about a Democratic president; Reagan thought he meant Grover Cleveland Alexander, a legendary turn-of-the-century ballplayer. "Welcome to the big leagues," O'Neill told Reagan. Tip swore the tale was true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2020 2:08 AM

Why exactly is she newsworthy and relevant enough to be on Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2020 2:35 AM

A little absent minded...in a after-dinner speech he welcomed Princess David not Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2020 2:57 AM

I will always remember the folksy "Great Communicator" from one of his televised debates with Mondale, when he said (QUOTE:)

"Y'know, facts are stupid things."

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2020 3:25 AM

He sounds more like Trump than I imagined (I was a small child back then.)

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2020 3:45 AM

r10 She wrote an op-Ed the Washington Post published.

She's an odd duck. Gave her parents nothing but grief when they were alive, now she's their defender.

by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2020 3:48 AM

Hmmm...she suddenly reminds me of Claudia Conway someday.

by Anonymousreply 15October 7, 2020 4:01 AM

R14, not unlike Princess Di’s brother. He was no fan of hers in life, but that changed once she died.

by Anonymousreply 16October 7, 2020 4:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!