Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hey Gym Rats and Physicians -

Please tell me about steroids.

How long can Fuckface stay on them? How long do most people stay on them?

What are the side effects? Will his tantrumps become roided-out bloodbaths? I'm not necessarily against that as long as he's strictly with his family. I'd just like to know what we should expect.

If the steroids are what are making him feel good right now, when will they take him off of them? How long after they take him off of them will he start to feel awful again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2020 5:26 AM

The word "steroid" is a broad-ranging term used to describe any compound with a specific molecular structure. COVID patients are treated with corticosteroids, which do not have the same effects (or side effects) of anabolic steroids.

by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2020 5:28 AM

Suzanne and Alan Hamel are on bioidenticals and they feel terrific!

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Trump's steroids are most likely prescribed to prevent inflammation in the lungs.

He'll retain water like the Hoover Dam while he's on them. He'll just be more bloated and given his drug use, we may be having a state funeral that Fox news will claim was attended by millions and other news outlets will show all the empty stands.

Usually, when you give the public what it wants, they show up in droves.

But--you know--corona.

Still, it's possible the remaining deplorables may reduce their numbers by showing up en masse to grieve their fallen hero.

There's always hope.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2020 5:45 AM

Generally, you don’t just get one dose of dexamethasone and stop. Usually there are tapering off doses. And, yes, you retain water like crazy (swollen ankles and all)

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2020 6:10 AM

Good documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2020 6:22 AM

This summer I had to go on steroids due to a liver issue. It wasn't serious, but those fucking steroids were. I gained almost 20 pounds. And it feels like every damn pound went tomy face. My skin broke out. In odd places like my scalp and ankles. I've been off of them for nearly a month. I've dropped about five pounds and the zits are still there, but slowly going away.

May Trump's experience by ten times worse.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2020 8:30 AM

Corticosteroids aren't the same as anabolic steroids

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2020 8:32 AM

Last night, Brian Williams said that Fuckface was about due to come off of this course of steroids.

hehehehehe tick tock, Fat Donny.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2020 6:00 PM

Most 77 year old men already have some degree of kidney damage, this may send him into kidney failure.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2020 6:27 PM

He's probably on a taper, since otherwise he might experience withdrawal symptoms including severe fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pain.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2020 6:36 PM

Fun fact: IV dexamethasone, which is often administered preoperatively, because it reduces the chances of postoperative nausea & vomiting from anesthesia, causes your asshole/vaginal area (for women) to itch/burn. Specifically, the perineum.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2020 6:53 PM

Some years ago, I had a severe case of optic neuritis (totally lost vision in my left eye). Treatment was a 5 day course of IV dexamethasone followed by two weeks of tapering oral prednisone. I was irritable. I ate everything in sight. And then I started swelling/retaining fluids like crazy (ankles so swollen I could hardly walk). Even after completing the steroids, it took weeks to get back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2020 8:24 PM

My dad was treated with dexamethasone when he had a brain tumour. It sent him manic and that is quite a common side effect.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2020 9:00 PM

He will be fine. The course is 6 mg for 10 days. And OP is really stupid. He did not know the difference between corticosteroids and anabolic steroids. The gym rats take anabolic steroids. This what promotes muscle growth.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2020 9:06 PM

Yeah, dumb cunt @ r14, I don't know anything about steroids - hence the reason I started this thread... AND FUCKING ASKED FOR INFORMATION.

Jesus fucking christ.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2020 9:14 PM

R1 thank you for copying that from your first Google result.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2020 9:16 PM

R15 / OP - no, YOU'RE the dumb cunt who can google image search for a roided up bodybuilder but apparently can't google "dexamethasone" and discover it's not an anabolic steroid!

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2020 9:23 PM

OMG, OP is dumb white trashy and heavy meth user.

by Anonymousreply 18October 7, 2020 3:25 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2020 4:16 AM

GUARANTEED HEART AND LIVER AND SPLEEN AND MANY PROBLEMS......THEY KILL

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2020 4:41 AM

R15 please refrain from blaspheming on the internet. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2020 5:04 AM

OP is so stupid.

The steroids affecting the immune system given to Trump are not ANABOLIC steroids used for building muscle.

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2020 5:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!