Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nutty Bars Vs Nutty Buddies

What's the difference?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2020 10:06 AM

They are basically the same thing- it’s just the number in the box will determine how big your caftan will need to be when you finish them.

by Anonymousreply 1October 2, 2020 12:31 PM

Now THIS is a serious question here on the DL. It may go to 500 replies.

by Anonymousreply 2October 2, 2020 12:34 PM

Nutty Bars will give you diabeetus.

Nutty Buddys will give you diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 3October 2, 2020 12:39 PM

well no r2

and no one knows, they look identical

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2020 7:02 PM

r5

OK, this cartoon on the Lil' Deb website only makes it more confusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2020 7:04 PM

My grandma would buy Little Debbie products whereas my mother never would. I remember they all had a waxy, greasy quality. It was a treat at grandma's, but I was glad we didn't have to eat them at home.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2020 7:07 PM

It doesn't matter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 7, 2020 7:09 PM

We always called them ho-hos. Loved them and chewed the waxy, nasty coating off first.

by Anonymousreply 8October 7, 2020 7:19 PM

A bar can't fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 9October 7, 2020 7:27 PM

I thought a Nutty Buddy was an ice cream cone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 7, 2020 7:55 PM

Fat whores investigate!

by Anonymousreply 11October 7, 2020 8:25 PM

Put them both in the microwave and you will see how the chocolate turns to wax. Really creepy. Both bars and buddies share this distinction. Yuck (but still taste good).

by Anonymousreply 12October 7, 2020 8:27 PM

Nutty Buddies are the bomb. lol Oatmeal Cakes too.

by Anonymousreply 13October 7, 2020 8:28 PM

R8 you are referring to a little debbie swiss cake roll, not a nutty buddy or bar. Pay attention please!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 7, 2020 9:22 PM

Sorry😀 Got sidetracked

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2020 12:11 AM

Little Debbies are too sweet. They are good for ONE snack cake but that is it.

I have yet to try a zebra cake because that's racist.

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2020 8:11 AM

My mother loved these. I on the other hand, FUCKING HATE them. I don't eat this sort of thing now, but if I had to choose, it would be a Star Crunch, or an Oatmeal Cream Pie.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2020 10:15 AM

I prefer Little Debbie Fancy Cakes, because I like to keep my Lil' Beetus Klassy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2020 11:29 AM

I don’t think the gays really eat these foods! No hunny I keep real trim so legs can go behind head!

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2020 11:46 AM

Fun fact: Little Debbie's headquarters is in the Chattanooga, TN area and is heavily tied to the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I once fooled around with a SDA gay who--quite literally--lived right down the street from the Little Debbie plant. Many of the workers--at least back in 2005--were local SDA college students, which meant they made next to nothing. But the plant works with their Adventist school schedules, and the kids get to take home as many Little Debbie snacks as they want. (He said when he worked there hardly anyone took the snacks home, after seeing how they were made.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2020 12:44 PM

Nutty Buddies don't pull out.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2020 1:48 PM

Nutty Buddies are meant to be eaten along with Nutty Bars. They’re “buddies”, right? Ask any Dollar General employee!

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2020 1:58 PM

Those are drumsticks, R10.

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2020 1:59 PM

The company answered OP's question:

[quote] What's the difference between Nutty Bars and Nutty Buddy? -- They are now referred to as Nutty Buddy due to a name change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2020 2:01 PM

Thank you for solving that mystery R24. Now on to the next...how many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2020 2:19 PM

They changed the name from Bar to Buddy upon complaints from AA, who found the word "bar" triggering. They're now in the process of replacing the word "nutty" on behalf of the American Psychiatric Association.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2020 3:07 PM

So how can they use "Nutty Buddy" when it's also being used for a frozen dessert? Doesn't someone own the trademark--or are the products different enough that this is allowed because they're unlikely to be confused?

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2020 5:37 PM

Nutty Buddy bars are great!👍

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2020 9:58 PM

Especially in the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2020 1:10 PM

Why don't you buy a package of each?

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2020 1:11 PM

Nutty Bars were renamed Nutty Buddy in honor of President Trump.

"He's my nutty buddy!"

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2020 1:13 PM

OP, may I ask why the need for clarification? Are you a fan of these? Or was it more of a rhetorical question?

by Anonymousreply 32October 10, 2020 2:14 AM

I love swiss rolls. Yes they taste like chemicals but addictive chemicals I buy them a couple times a year as a treat.

by Anonymousreply 33October 10, 2020 2:50 AM

When did Little Debbies become available? Were they just regional at first? Because I'd never heard of them until I was an adult. We had Hostess and sometimes Dolly Madison. No Drake's Cakes, no Little Debbies, no TastyKake, no Entenmann's. (This was in the '50s-70s in California.)

by Anonymousreply 34October 10, 2020 3:09 AM

My bar gets nutty when touched for prolonged periods of time. 🍆

by Anonymousreply 35October 10, 2020 3:12 AM

For a deeper dive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 10, 2020 3:15 AM

R34. They first hit shelves in 1964 with 6 products: Banana Twins, Swiss Rolls, Zebra® Cakes, Raisin Creme Pies, Nutty Buddy® and Oatmeal Creme Pies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 10, 2020 3:19 AM

R25 - stop being coy - it was determined to be 3 DECADES ago!

by Anonymousreply 38October 10, 2020 4:02 AM

We sold Nutty Buddies for Chorus fundraising back in the 70. They were similar to those Turtle pecan clusters. We also sold a coconut and chocolate round bar also, similar in taste to an Almond Joy. We sold a shitload. They were like $1 a box of 8. But a dollar was a lot of money for high school kids back then, so we would sell them individually for a quarter, doubling our profits. That one candy drive funded our whole Chorus year. One year, the shipment came in, but the chocolate was slightly discolored due to a shopping problem where they got heated and then cooled, and the chocolate coloring had faded. The supplier have us a deal, and we're still sold the whole shitload of discolored chocolate. They tasted the same, lol.

When we made State competition one year for our Ensemble Group, and the full Chorus a couple of different years, we added selling a chocolate bar/crispy chocolate bar for 50 cents. Best part was the coupon inside for a free Whopper at Burger King, which was worth about $1, so you made money just buying the bar. We sold a lot, but not nearly as much as our Nutty Buddies.

by Anonymousreply 39October 10, 2020 10:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!