Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

*****Election News*****

I'm a Canadian and my nephew drives a truck for a living which often takes him down into the USA. I was talking to him on the phone last night and he says that he sees Trump election signs all over the place, even more than when Hillary was running in 2016. From what he sees and hears when he talks to people he said that he suspects that Trump will win the 2020 election. This may not be news that you want to hear BUT what do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2020 3:05 AM

I’ve found truckers to be poor arbiters of political winds, OP.

Is your nephew hot, at least?

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2020 12:13 AM

OP is being paid in rubles ...

by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2020 12:13 AM

OP is worse than Hitler

by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2020 12:14 AM

It's just one house, Op.

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2020 12:15 AM

R1 He sees the average, everyday person on his travels, not the people who take all the so called polls.

And no, I'm not a troll , but the real deal. I live in Southern Ontario and my nephew often takes the Ambassador Bridge over to Detroit, Michigan. I am not a Trump supporter but my nephew sees things that I don't and I was surprised when he told me of all his findings.

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2020 12:29 AM

In OP’s pic, I t says free signs or something in the background. I think this house may be giving away signs. Thank

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2020 12:31 AM

OP, tell the nephew to drive in a few more states. I would suspect if he drove from San Francisco to San Diego, California, he would see a difference.

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2020 12:35 AM

I'm happy to say he's wrong. Biden is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2020 12:35 AM

Yeah, that is not unexpected in an area where truckers drive through with a view of peoples yards. Same thing goes with trailer parks.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2020 12:35 AM

That's why it's hard to believe that there's secret/ undercounted polling groups that do not report their intention of voting for Donald. These ppl are anything but quiet in voicing their enthusiasm for that fat piece of shit in the White House. Biden's gonna win this thing. The country is in a mood.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2020 12:36 AM

Biden's team definitely needs to improve their ground game and hand out little signs and buttons, that's a given.

I live in the NYC suburbs, and if I see more than two Republican bumper stickers or signs, I know we're in trouble. In 2016, I saw maybe six, and a yard sign that said We Are the Deplorables! in White Plains NY - trouble. This year, I haven't seen even one. I have seen two Biden-Harris yard signs. And I will be wearing my Biden-Harris T shirt if I get it before the election - they're SLOW in getting this shit out.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2020 12:39 AM

A nephew thread with no description of the nephew? Datalounge is slipping

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2020 12:41 AM

The nephew is a truck driver, for christ sake. What do you people think he looks like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2020 12:44 AM

R11 Yes, you're right because it's difficult to defeat an incumbent President.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2020 12:46 AM

People don't vote for signs. I live in town that is 60% Republican and there are Trump signs all over the place. This state voted for Hillary and Biden is leading by a much larger number than the 2300 votes Hillary won by.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2020 12:47 AM

R13 Nope, my nephew is slim and trim and even takes all his own pre-prepared food with him on his trips. He's not a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2020 12:48 AM

I’m here in Michigan. Hard to tell for sure but I think Michigan will go for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2020 12:48 AM

We are all stuck in our homes. We can’t go anywhere without a mask. We are working from home. No one wants their friends to stop by, much less some stranger ringing their doorbell.

But, of course, some anecdote about Trump signs is supposed to scare the shit out of those of us who vote for the non-Nazis. Color me t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d and go fuck your Canadian self, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2020 12:53 AM

R17 I live right across the border from Michigan (I'm a Canadian In Ontario) and the Michigan radio stations are drenched in Conservative forums. Most Michigan people that I know of are VERY pro-Trump and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he won the state. Biden and Harris have an almost impossible task in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2020 12:55 AM

You guys are delusional. The only reason that Hillary lost in 2016 is because she was a woman. Of course Biden is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2020 1:01 AM

How does your nephew travel from Canada to the US the boarders are closed.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2020 1:02 AM

Ohh kayy . . . let's dissect this:

[quote]I'm a Canadian and

Mmm, no. You're posting from a Macedonian spam factory.

[quote]my nephew drives a truck for a living which often takes him down into the USA. I was talking to him on the phone last night and

A trucker. A Canadian trucker. Truly an oracle for this political season.

[quote]he says that he sees Trump election signs all over the place, even more than when Hillary was running in 2016. From what he sees and hears

Again, mmm no.

[quote]when he talks to people he said that he suspects that Trump will win the 2020 election.

Truckers do not talk to people. They are truckers because they're misfits. If YOU saw a trucker heading over to talk to you I doubt you stay where you are.

[quote]This may not be news that you want to hear BUT what do you think?

I think you're a freeper cunt fuck.

by Anonymousreply 22September 27, 2020 1:03 AM

Michigan is leaning to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 23September 27, 2020 1:03 AM

More like this, R13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 27, 2020 1:03 AM

Oh, and how is this ELECTION NEWS, freeper cunt fuck?

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2020 1:04 AM

538 has Biden up by 6.8 percentage points in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2020 1:07 AM

We live in a very conservative and racist country. Trump may very well win this thing. People underestimate how many assholes there are in this country and how much they adore this evil dictator.

by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2020 1:09 AM

R21 Trucking is an essential service, bringing goods in and put of the country, so therefore truckers are allowed to cross the border. I often see large lineups of trucks going over the Ambassador Bridge into Detroit, Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 28September 27, 2020 1:12 AM

I live in far northern Maine, a traditional stronghold for Republicans. Yes, there are a lot of Trump supporters in Aroostook County, but I see quite a few Biden yard signs in my travels. Pollsters right now are giving the edge to Biden in both of Maine's congressional districts. In 2016, Trump won the 2nd District and Clinton took the 1st.

by Anonymousreply 29September 27, 2020 1:14 AM

R22 Let's just say that you're true calling is not that of a Detective and leave it at that...…….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 27, 2020 1:19 AM

OP = fat old aunties who is always voracious for truckers' dongs!

My nephew, my ass!

by Anonymousreply 31September 27, 2020 1:20 AM

the same people who voted for Trump will vote for him this tme. The difference is there a surge in NEW voter registrations. The people who have been sitting on the sidelines are coming out now.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2020 1:22 AM

Here's a question for you and your nephew, and every other Canadian, OP: Why the fuck are you cunts so obsessed with our politics and what Americans put in their front yards? - Maybe your "nephew" sees this because he's driving around in rural areas.. illegally since there isn't supposed to be any driving, personal or commercial between the two countries at the moment.

I hate Trump like everybody else, but especially as a Mainer, I'm sick of Canadians and your incessant trolling, snark, and hate hard-on for the United States. Go fix your own shitty little country that most people aren't aware exists on any significant level, and stop bitching about whatever bullshit political signs Americans stick in their yards. It's none of your miserable fucking business and if this were an American bitching about Canadians and their personal expressions, you'd be engaging in some Olympic style Canadian whining. Which, by the way, is the ONLY way you guys seem to win summer Olympic medals. You bitch until somebody's disqualified and a Cannuck gets bumped-up to the medal category. Now away, you mincing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33September 27, 2020 1:24 AM

R15, these dumb rural jerks NEED paraphernalia, their lives are so simple these fucking signs and buttons mean the candidate CARES for them. Biden needs to get a load of that shit out to rural PA and OHIO pronto.

by Anonymousreply 34September 27, 2020 1:28 AM

r33 In case you haven't noticed our country affects everyone in the world so they have every right to be concerned about "our politics". We are no longer just countries but are the world. Come out from behind that rock and see what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 35September 27, 2020 2:04 AM

AND I see the discrimination for the Canadians from the top of New England hasn't changed since the 50's.

by Anonymousreply 36September 27, 2020 2:06 AM

R11 Biden/Harris was slow in getting the stuff out because of Covid. There's was a material shortage. Keep in mind, Trump has been running for reelection since the inauguration so he was stocked up on his crap before Covid.

by Anonymousreply 37September 27, 2020 2:08 AM

r37 seriously he had fill her seat sings at the ready I think the second Ginsberg stopped breathing.

by Anonymousreply 38September 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Yard signs don’t vote. People do. Most of Biden’s supporters are in urban areas where people don’t put out yard signs, and suburban areas, where truckers mostly do not go. But even in the suburbs these yard signs are hardly a reliable indicator of anything. There is one house on my block that has a sign, yet all of us are Democrats completely committed to voting for Biden.

Anecdotal evidence like this is not particularly reliable.

by Anonymousreply 39September 27, 2020 2:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 27, 2020 3:01 AM

How is the weather in Krasnoyarsk, OP?

by Anonymousreply 41September 27, 2020 3:03 AM

r17 is the most Borisy Boris who ever Borised.

by Anonymousreply 42September 27, 2020 3:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!