Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kit Harington Says His Mom Raised Him in a 'Gender Fluid' Environment

Kit Harington is opening up about his childhood and how he was brought up in a “gender fluid” environment.

The 33-year-old former Game of Thrones actor talked about his mom, playwright Deborah Jane Catesby, in an interview with The Telegraph.

“I asked for a Mighty Max and she bought me a Polly Pocket,” Kit said. “I asked for an Action Man and I got a doll – it was very gender fluid from the word go. And I went with it.”

Kit also talked about how he doesn’t want to play characters like Jon Snow ever again.

“I feel that emotionally men have a problem, a blockage, and that blockage has come from the Second World War, passed down from grandfather to father to son,” he said. “We do not speak about how we feel because it shows weakness, because it is not masculine. Having portrayed a man who was silent, who was heroic, I feel going forward that is a role I don’t want to play any more.”

He added, “It is not a masculine role that the world needs to see much more of.”

One of Kit‘s co-stars recently revealed a surprising detail about Jon Snow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 4:53 AM

Mom sounds like a great big goofball! But that’s not gender fluid. And in fact there is no such thing as gender fluid. Fuck off with this BS once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2020 4:31 AM

He knows nothing.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2020 4:32 AM

can they come up with a better word than gender fluid? it just sounds too messy

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2020 4:33 AM

He says the 'blockage has come from the Second World War'.

I wonder if the British schools system made him think about life in previous centuries.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2020 4:34 AM

I would have been wicked pissed if my mom got me a Polly Pocket that I didn’t ask for.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2020 4:39 AM

All the world war two vets were big crybabies anyway. Nothing more pathetic than old men crying.

But toxic masculinity is a real thing. But I blame it on Mad Men and Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2020 4:40 AM

Mother didn't give baby Kim a 'Mighty Max' (whatever that is) but she gave him an androgynous nickname.

And she gave him his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2020 4:45 AM

Who? And whose mom? What?

by Anonymousreply 8September 22, 2020 4:46 AM

I don't know who any of these people are or why I should listen to their "gender fluid" gibberish!

by Anonymousreply 9September 22, 2020 4:52 AM

Because raising unhateful children who can connect with other people emotionally would be a pretty big plus in this cold world.

by Anonymousreply 10September 22, 2020 5:00 AM

WWII ended 75 years ago. Stop fucking crying. Old men crying is pathetic. Have some rice pudding.

by Anonymousreply 11September 22, 2020 5:04 AM

If I had asked for a Mighty Max and my mother bought me a Polly Pocket, someone would be missing an eyeball.

by Anonymousreply 12September 22, 2020 5:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 22, 2020 5:16 AM

Sounds like a bitch move on her part. Also, buying a “girls” toy for a boy doesn’t make mean squat as far as gender fluidity goes if the mom still refers to him as a boy and dresses him as such. And if it were a ‘gender fluid’ household why is his mom so obviously a woman? I thought ‘gender fluid’ meant androgynous or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 14September 22, 2020 5:20 AM

R12 is Rhoda Penmark.

by Anonymousreply 15September 22, 2020 5:35 AM

That conniving mother named him after Kim Novak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 22, 2020 5:59 AM

no one cares midget

show us your butt or shut up

by Anonymousreply 17September 22, 2020 7:39 AM

Fuck those WW II veterans! What the fuck did they ever do for anyone? Are there any still around son we can cancel them?

by Anonymousreply 18September 22, 2020 7:45 AM

R17 - LMFAO!! I 100% agree that Kip needs to show more ass while he is still a hot little pocket stud.

by Anonymousreply 19September 22, 2020 7:52 AM

[quote]why is his mom so obviously a woman

I though that was a a GEICO caveman at r7

by Anonymousreply 20September 22, 2020 8:20 AM

Huh - 'gender fluid' because he was bought a doll once. Did he never get the other action doll he wanted? I doubt that he went without.

His father is the 15th Baron Harington. Stop making it sound like he was raised in such a wild and wacky environment.

He was born into the aristocracy and went to private schools. So edgy, so bohemian, so cool. Such a lie.

by Anonymousreply 21September 22, 2020 2:56 PM

[quote]can they come up with a better word than gender fluid? it just sounds too messy

That's the only thing I like about it.

by Anonymousreply 22September 22, 2020 2:58 PM

Is this person still a celebrity? GOT Mania was a loooong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 23September 22, 2020 2:59 PM

I'm glad my parents didn't do this to me.

by Anonymousreply 24September 22, 2020 3:10 PM

I only care if it means he turned out homo

by Anonymousreply 25September 22, 2020 3:15 PM

Did nature give him a gender flute?

by Anonymousreply 26September 22, 2020 3:39 PM

Do you need a dipstick to check your gender fluid level?

by Anonymousreply 27September 22, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]He was born into the aristocracy and went to private schools.

That's actually false. He has talked about this in interviews, as both he and his brother attended state schools and its something his parents were very keen about. They're not elitist at all.

Also, his birth name is Christopher. His mum called him Kit for Christopher Marlowe, was one story, and in another, he's said he was nicknamed Kit after a pastor who was close to the family. Apparently, he had no idea his name was Christopher until he was 11.

And R7, that's not Kit's mother.

The interview was pretty thoughtful and his mother sounds like a card.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 4:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!