Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Janet Leigh and Fourth Husband Robert Jay Brandt

The only husband I was aware of was Tony Curtis but she married again for the fourth time after their divorce. The final husband was Robert Jay Brandt and they were married for forty two years before he died.

Take a look, he's a hunk.

From a New York Times obituary, "Born July 7, 1927, son of Lillian and Walter Brandt from Burlingame, CA, he served as a US Marine. He was an avid sportsman and adventurer. Bob was an innovator in the securities industry, founding Brandt Zwick and Company with Barry Zwick and then later Robert Brandt and Company. He married Ms. Leigh and raised her two daughters, Kelly Curtis and Jamie Lee Curtis. At the time of Ms. Leigh's death in 2004, the couple had been married 42 years." He had been suffering from Alzheimer's.

Her first marriage took place when she was 15 and was annulled. Then she had a brief two year marriage before marrying Tony Curtis. They were married for eleven years.

I just watched a movie from TCM, The Doctor and the Girl, a much better movie than I expected. I didn't realize the main actress was Janet Leigh until the ending credits. She was only about 21 at the time and very beautiful without much make up. So I just emerged from the google rabbit hole with this bit of info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2020 3:24 AM

Another pic. Movie star handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 19, 2020 3:01 AM

From all accounts, that was a very happy marriage. Jamie Lee still seems to rave about Bob and calls him her real father.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2020 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!