Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patsy Cline's life and gruesome death..

I just saw an interview with a person who first on the scene after the crash and he described how grossly destroyed their bodies all were. Listen at your peril.

Anyone else here a fan of lovely Patsy? She went too soon, all to get back sooner to her jackass husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2020 5:02 PM

Love her! It’s a pity she Fell to Pieces.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2020 8:33 PM

Good lord, those accents, lol.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2020 8:35 PM

Her torso was wedged under a log in the forest swamp with "part" of her head attached. Her foot was found hanging off a tree. Grim.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2020 8:51 PM

Ugh, what does "part" of her head mean? Top half missing? Bisected?

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2020 8:54 PM

He doesn't say, but that she could be identified by her long black hair. I didn't know she was so badly destroyed

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2020 8:56 PM

When you're dead, it doesn't really matter what shape your body is in. And a plane crash is definitely going to do some physical damage. It would happen so fast at impact, you wouldn't be aware.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2020 8:59 PM

Why did they change her death into a fireball in the Jessica Lange film? Were they confused with Carol Lombard?

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2020 9:03 PM

Apropos that her husband's last name is Fudge.

Best country singer, ever.

Mom and I would sing our hearts out to Patsy Cline's 45s. Music is therapy. I still sing everyday.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2020 10:22 PM

I went to the crash site near Columbia, Tennessee. From a small parking lot, you walk along a short path to a wooded area. Voila.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2020 10:31 PM

Thick southern accents like that give me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2020 10:47 PM

R3, At least her toenails were polished.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2020 10:48 PM

Patsy's husband's last name was "Dick"

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2020 10:56 PM

God what a couple of hillbillies.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2020 10:56 PM

They managed to salvage her mascara wand from the crash site, and it was placed in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2020 11:01 PM

"The reason we knew it was her foot was because it had fingernail polish on the toe."

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2020 11:08 PM

I also went to Audie Murphy's crash site west of Roanoke, Virginia, near the Appalachian Trail. He was killed in 1971.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2020 11:29 PM

He talks very casually about all the loot he stole from the crash site. I was waiting for him to say he took her foot and has it marinading in a jar of formaldehyde in his mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2020 12:30 AM

^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote] Best country singer, ever.

Agreed, r8.

I put Cline in the same class as Ella Fitzgerald and Karen Carpenter within their respective pop genres.

Cline voice wasn't as talented and lustrous as Streisand's ( very few other human beings in the history of human being were or are) but in terms of interpretation, lyrical nuance and inflection, and the sheer, raw, stark heartache her voice could emit, she was close.

Cline in that rare star who died a sudden, young death that has truly earned and deserved her iconic status.

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2020 1:00 AM

They found Buddy's Holly's pistol in the debris of his plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2020 1:06 AM

Pistol as in penis?

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2020 2:03 AM

There was a rumor that the gun had accidentally fired and that caused the crash. When they were moving The Big Bopper"s remains in 2007 they re-examined them and found no evidence of gunshot

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2020 7:42 AM

I'm not a huge fan of country music, in general, but Patsy Cline was in a class by herself. Her voice was unique. Pure and nuanced. "Walkin' After Midnight" is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2020 8:27 AM

[Quote]I was waiting for him to say he took her foot and has it marinading...

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2020 8:51 AM

Why did they change her death for the movie? It didn't crash into a mountain in daylight.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2020 10:40 AM

[quote] It would happen so fast at impact, you wouldn't be aware.

That's such a lie. If you have ever been in a car crash, time slows down and you defiantly are aware and can feel pain. Especially in a small 4 seater plane like that I am sure there was panic.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2020 10:50 AM

Well I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2020 10:58 AM

[quote] I went to the crash site near Columbia, Tennessee. From a small parking lot, you walk along a short path to a wooded area. Voila.

Voila Davis was at the crash site???

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2020 11:31 AM

Well, R26, since you are still here typing I take it you didn't suffer the same level of impact that she did in a plane crash, so your analogy might not really hold water, don't you think? Of course there would be panic if you were aware that the plane was going down, it's just that you would go from alive to not alive very, very quickly.

P.S. Patsy Cline had a superb voice and is the only real singer in old-time country music. She really is sort of the Karen Carpenter of country music. She's Got You is her best recording.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2020 2:25 PM

They were flying without instruments and didn't know they were crashing. They didn't "panic" because they were dead on arrival - with the ground.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2020 2:29 PM

Just out of curiosity, why were they flying without instruments? Isn't that bad and also what killed JFK Jr? Seems like a bad move during a night flight.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2020 3:33 PM

Love her. Saw this show a year or two ago.

Always... link is full show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2020 3:35 PM

From her wikipedia entry, regarding the crash:

[quote] Forensic examination concluded that everyone aboard had been killed instantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote] under a log in the forest swamp with "part" of her head attached.

I still did it better. Patsy - stay in your lane, bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote] Why did they change her death for the movie? It didn't crash into a mountain in daylight.

They wanted to make it more fun for the audience.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2020 3:40 PM

[quote]Thick southern accents like that give me a headache.

Forget those twangs...that appliqué blouse has caused me eye bleed!

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2020 4:22 PM

Why was it changed in the movie? I always thought she went out in a fireball.

Reading the reports it seems the Pilot did have instruments but likely wasn't competent enough to use them effectively. Likely the first clue they had they were in peril was when the small plane clipped the tree right before impact.

Anyone have any idea why the rescuers found lot of pieces of flesh on the ground? Why would a sudden impact rip people into small pieces? Did they go through the propellers?

Also, by flying all day they really hadn't travelled that far.

They crashed at roughly 175 mph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2020 4:28 PM

Not only the best country singer ever but one of the greatest female singers period.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2020 4:35 PM

[R37] if you’ve got the stomach for it, look up motorcycle accidents, or high speed car accidents.

Your body is basically a bag of blood, fat, organs, muscle and a skeletal frame. Motorcycle accidents or even 30mph, not to mention higher speed car crashes or 175mph... that body/bag of guts is going to come apart and get torn to shreds. Body is so vulnerable especially when speed, impact, etc are all involved.

You’d wonder how people have slipped over the waist belt of a seat belt (before the addition of shoulder/chest strapping) and go through a windshield. But it’s happened.

At such speeds anything that your body hits or impedes the forward trajectory of your body, is going to rip it to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Of 175mph*

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2020 5:00 PM

Thanks R40 it was just shocking, like they'd been torn up by something very sharp.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2020 5:03 PM

Her bra even popped off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2020 5:17 PM

Celebrate Patsy's life, accomplishments and music, not her death.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2020 5:24 PM

Now we know what Lurlene does on her days off from the beauty parlor; she makes morbid videos.

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2020 5:24 PM

We aren't celebrating her death, we wish she had lived and got the happiness she deserved. And recorded more classics. But some of us her do have an interest in gruesome endings.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote] Good lord, those accents, lol.

Those are classic hillbilly accents.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2020 5:26 PM

Why did Hillbilly Sheriff collect such odd shit from the crash site?

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote] and you defiantly are aware and can feel pain.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2020 5:30 PM

By the way, a car crash, which probably happens at 30-50mph, isn’t even in the same ballpark as a plane crash, which happens at five to ten times that speed.

It’s literally over in milliseconds. I’m sure the fear leading up to it is dreadful, but the actual rearranging of your anatomy is instantaneous.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote] Why did they change her death for the movie? It didn't crash into a mountain in daylight.

Because in the movies if the facts aren't interesting enough they just lie to make them more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2020 5:35 PM

The crash site was NOt near Columbia, TN. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2020 5:37 PM

I like when that wreck scavenger told the woman there was skin on the strut she was holding. She didn’t even flinch.

Hillbillies have ice water running in their veins.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2020 5:45 PM

A close friend of my mother's and her daughter died in the ValuJet crash into the Everglades in 1996. The only human remains that were found in that crash were small bits and chunks of flesh & bones. They were able to identify some of the human remains even though none of the remains were identifiable by sight. Remains for my mother's friend and her daughter were never identified.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2020 5:55 PM

I remember that R53. That one was awful. They slammed into the swamp and the plane was embedded in the mud and snakes and gators hampered the search.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Patsy Cline was one of the greatest singers of the 20th Century. Horrible that she died so young, she still had decades ahead of her. Her music is timeless, it's still immensely listenable to today, and still sounds amazing. That can't be said for a lot of music from the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]Why did they change her death for the movie? It didn't crash into a mountain in daylight.

My theory is that it was easier to film a plane crashing and exploding into the side of a mountain rather than into a forest, given the limited SFX technology they had back then.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2020 6:04 PM

R37, the pilot was Patsy's manager, Randy Hughes, who was not trained in instrument flying, like JFK Jr and that 1950s actor Robert Francis. They learned Visual Flight Rules and think they're competent enough to take passengers on long journeys, but once they encounter fog or inclement weather, that training goes out the window.

The plane crashed in a forest outside Camden, TN, so they took down trees with them, resulting in major carnage.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]Cline, who had spent the night at the Town House Motor Hotel, was unable to fly out the day after the concert because Fairfax Airport was fogged in. West asked Patsy to ride in the car with her and husband, Bill, back to Nashville, a 16-hour drive, but Cline refused, saying, "Don't worry about me, Hoss. When it's my time to go, it's my time." On March 5, she called her mother from the motel and checked out at 12:30 p.m., going the short distance to the airport and boarding a Piper PA-24 Comanche plane, aircraft registration number N7000P. On board were Cline, Copas, Hawkins and pilot Randy Hughes.

[quote]The plane stopped once in Missouri to refuel and subsequently landed at Dyersburg Municipal Airport in Dyersburg, Tennessee at 5 p.m.[105] Hawkins had accepted Billy Walker's place after Walker left on a commercial flight to take care of a stricken family member. The Dyersburg, Tennessee, airfield manager suggested that they stay the night because of high winds and inclement weather, offering them free rooms and meals. But Hughes, who was not trained in instrument flying, said "I've already come this far. We'll be there before you know it." The plane took off at 6:07 p.m.[106]

[quote]Cline's flight crashed in heavy weather on the evening of March 5, 1963. Her recovered wristwatch had stopped at 6:20 p.m. The plane was found some 90 miles (140 km) from its Nashville destination, in a forest outside of Camden, Tennessee. Forensic examination concluded that everyone aboard had been killed instantly.[107][108] Until the wreckage was discovered the following dawn and reported on the radio, friends and family had not given up hope. Endless calls tied up the local telephone exchanges to such a degree that other emergency calls had trouble getting through. The lights at the destination Cornelia Fort Airpark were kept on throughout the night, as reports of the missing plane were broadcast on radio and TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2020 6:09 PM

I with the "oh, dear" grammar trolls could all die in a fiery plane crash.

Yes, somebody did a slight misspelling. SFW?

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2020 6:20 PM

It's shocking how stupid people are to get into an airplane piloted by someone they know or should know does not have the experience needed to be piloting that plane.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2020 6:24 PM

In that kind of weather I would have definitely taken the offer of a car ride and not gotten on some dinky little plane.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2020 6:29 PM

Oops, the crash was near Camden, TN (not Columbia). Camden, Columbia, same thing. Meh. I've also been to the crash sites of Jim Croce, John Denver, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Otis Redding.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote]I with the "oh, dear" grammar trolls could all die in a fiery plane crash.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2020 12:30 AM

r63 = Elder who doesn't know what Autocorrect is.

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2020 12:38 AM

[R64] — The mistake at r59 had NOTHING to do with autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2020 12:46 AM

Patsy liked the lady ham.

by Anonymousreply 66September 19, 2020 12:52 AM

r65 you don't know how it works.

God, the grammar trolls are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 67September 19, 2020 12:54 AM

So she quaffed from the fur cup?

by Anonymousreply 68September 19, 2020 12:54 AM

She ain't never licked my lady bits!

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2020 12:59 AM

Okay, r67, tell me how autocorrect fucked up the sentence in question:

"I with the "oh, dear" grammar trolls could all die in a fiery plane crash."

How/why would autocorrect ever change the word "wish" to "with?" This is NOT, in any way, an autocorrect error. It's the error of someone who is too lazy to proofread before posting.

by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2020 1:14 AM

Typing "wi..." the suggested words come up you hit with instead of wish. So what?

DL is a fun internet forum, nobody is going to proofread like it's a work document. That's what's so ridiculous about the grammar trolls on a forum that receives hundreds of posts a day in conversational, spoken English. And people reading the messages know what is actually meant and just breeze by the mistakes, as most normal people do. The fact that there are grammar police on a forum such as this it truly odd. It's a good thing you're all too old for Reddit because you'd probably be run off that forum

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]It's the error of someone who is too lazy to proofread before posting.

Are you fucking kidding? DL is not the type of place for that, it's quickly typing random thoughts and then hitting post. Some of you are really out of it.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2020 1:20 AM

I'm just happy Fannie Flagg found a new career in her elder years.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote]At such speeds anything that your body hits or impedes the forward trajectory of your body, is going to rip it to shreds.

The poor, dumb kids who spread the rumor that the bodies of Kobe Bryant and his daughter were found "embracing each other" have a lot to learn about blunt force trauma.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2020 1:52 AM

She's Got You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote] Yes, somebody did a slight misspelling.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2020 2:25 AM

Love so many of her songs:

Honky Tonk Merry-Go-Round

I Fall to Pieces

Lovin' in Vain

Heartaches

I Cried All the Way to the Altar

Just Out of Reach

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2020 2:46 AM

He's got one stray sprig of hair over his right ear that once you see it, just won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2020 2:47 AM

"Crazy" written by Willie Nelson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2020 3:03 AM

She had a magnificent voice. Any clever people to guess how long it would have taken to drive from their venue to home, vs how long to fly?

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2020 9:38 AM

[quote]A close friend of my mother's and her daughter died in the ValuJet crash into the Everglades in 1996.

That reminds me of an old joke. "What did one crocodile say to the to the other? For a cheap airline they had great food."

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2020 9:44 AM

Did the crocodiles really eat the passengers?

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2020 9:55 AM

Keep living in a bubble people, it's not instant in terms of fear that happens before the crash. Flight box recordings of pilots last words:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2020 10:08 AM

R71 The grammer trolls are so mentally deranged they think DL is their classroom.

Since we are limited to 255 posters on block/ignore I cleared my list and made the grammer trolls my top priority.

My DL is grammer troll free!

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2020 10:23 AM

We will never know but surely, in that fog, the pilot would have no idea how low he was until they cleared the fog and hit the tree?

In which case they would have all died about 2 seconds later.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2020 10:29 AM

That's a good idea R84. Grammar trolls are annoying and boring. A board like this is about a conversation among strangers with different reading ability, language skills and perspectives. It's not a spelling bee, I really don't care what you think Grammar Troll Karens.

by Anonymousreply 86September 19, 2020 10:33 AM

Please stop posting about spelling and grammar and keep it on Patsy, guys.

by Anonymousreply 87September 19, 2020 10:37 AM

[quote]The fact that there are grammar police on a forum such as this it truly odd. It's a good thing you're all too old for Reddit because you'd probably be run off that forum.

As if we go to Reddit for the posters who use words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 19, 2020 11:00 AM

What else did the Jessica Lange movie get wrong?

by Anonymousreply 89September 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Hey Hoss @ r81 -- Florida has alligators not crocodiles.

by Anonymousreply 90September 19, 2020 11:41 AM

Alligators are evil bastards

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2020 11:49 AM

Hey Hoss @ r81 -- I stand corrected. South Florida is the only area where American alligators and crocodiles live side by side.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2020 11:55 AM

I'm thinking this video is from 30 years ago however Mr Jerry Pfeiffer must have been at that time someone very good in the bedroom activities if you get my drift based upon his demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2020 12:42 PM

I don't think that this has been mentioned: There's a book called "Falling Stars" by Rich Everitt which details many plane crashes where singers were involved. There are no photographs, unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, unless you're a died in the wool Death Hag.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2020 1:02 PM

Lucy I don't know what's wrong with me but I do make myself look at the pics. I would like to see Patsy, Buddy etc in their death.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2020 1:05 PM

R95 I do it too. I'm a morbid son of a bitch. Death fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote]It's shocking how stupid people are to get into an airplane piloted by someone they know or should know does not have the experience needed to be piloting that plane.

Well, from the quote at R58, assuming it's true, Patsy had a casual attitude about death. "If it's my time to go, it's my time." A lot of fundy Christians feel this way. If God doesn't protect them from dying then it's their time to go. The fact that she made the decision to go on the flight at all means God was guiding her to her death at that time and in that way.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2020 1:31 PM

Patsy had been in a couple of serious car accidents. Perhaps she felt an early death was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Yea but why not try to stay as safe as possible, for the fact she had 3 kids?

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2020 1:44 PM

While in Kansas, Dottie West had offered Patsy a ride back to Nashville in her car because the weather was too poor to fly. But Patsy wanted to get home to her family sooner so she refused. Then at Dyersburg airport, the airfield manager suggested that Patsy and party stay overnight, offering them free room and meals, because the weather was bad. They went ahead anyway. Patsy had two opportunites to avoid her fate, but she gambled and lossed and paid dearly. If something is telling you something, heed the warning.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2020 5:11 PM

I agree. She was reckless. Should have stayed the night. Never fly a tiny plane in bad weather. I can't believe the pilot didn't refuse to fly.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2020 5:24 PM

I think the reason pilots take the risk is they have faced bad weather dozens of times before and were okay. That can make you over confident.

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2020 5:35 PM

Her last words.

According to the movie: “CHARLIE!!!”

Actual words: “JESUS MOTHER FUC——*”

by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]R86: It's not a spelling bee, I really don't care what you think Grammar Troll Karens.

Oh, dear. Oh, dear. Oh, please. And oh, fuck you, Missy. No one's calling people names but you. Illiteracy "speaks" for itself.

Now, back to Patsy and complaints about her errors in taking a plane ride. How many hard-ons for the crushed-head pics? Serious and fun stuff, right?

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2020 6:54 PM

Just because she could really sing doesn't mean she was smart or (obviously) made good decisions. There were obviously a lot of other people around her who were plenty smart enough not to fly in that sort of weather.

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2020 7:04 PM

Musicians used to have to tour CONSTANTLY, both to earn money and promote their recordings. It was absolutely grueling and certainly would have contributed to tendencies to abuse drugs and alcohol, as well as making it more likely that they would have to take risks in order to stick to their schedules. When the Beatles, Barbra Streisand, and Glenn Gould decided to stop performing live in the 1960s, it was really shocking.

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2020 7:25 PM

Buddy Holly's 1957 touring map. As Patsy might say: Crazy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2020 8:00 PM

...they found her vagina in North Carolina, and bits of her tits in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2020 8:06 PM

Why was her bra hanging off a tree?

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2020 8:11 PM

Only photo I could find. Doesn't look too bad. Like she's sleeping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2020 8:27 PM

Because she ran out of hangers, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2020 8:34 PM

Is that picture genuine at R110?

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2020 9:14 PM

Read the caption. That's not Patsy.

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2020 9:15 PM

Yeah no way was she that intact after crashing at 175mph

by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2020 9:27 PM

All these posts and no one has mentioned that the pilot, Randy Hughes, was also her manager. She named her son after him. Allegedly he and Patsy had an affair, but he was married to the daughter of Hawkshaw Hawkins, one of the other victims.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2020 9:46 PM

And Valujet crashed in the 350-450 mph range- so you can only imagine.. Same as Swissair 111

And 175 MPH destroys a body well enough....

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2020 9:52 PM

A body involved in a plane crash hardly ever remains intact. I’ve saw photos of the 2010 Smolensk air disaster which killed Polish President Lech Kaczyński, his wife, and high ranking members of the Polish government. It was GRUESOME. A plane crash is the worst way to go—the fear, the impact, and the body which is torn to shreds.

I also came across photos of Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy’s autopsy photos in 2014, which have since been scrubbed from internet. She was cut in half and had intestines and guts hanging out.

Awful way to go and my biggest fear.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2020 9:54 PM

Then how do some people survive plane crashes?

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2020 9:56 PM

The power of love, R118.

by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2020 9:59 PM

R115, see R57.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2020 9:59 PM

That president was cut in half as well-

Its usually far worse..

by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2020 10:02 PM

r120, see r121

the pilot was Patsy's manager, Randy Hughes, who was not trained in instrument flying, like JFK Jr and that 1950s actor Robert Francis. They learned Visual Flight Rules and think they're competent enough to take passengers on long journeys, but once they encounter fog or inclement weather, that training goes out the window.

The plane crashed in a forest outside Camden, TN, so they took down trees with them, resulting in major carnage.

All these posts and no one has mentioned that the pilot, Randy Hughes, was also her manager. She named her son after him. Allegedly he and Patsy had an affair, but he was married to the daughter of Hawkshaw Hawkins, one of the other victims.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2020 10:03 PM

They only clipped one or two trees

by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2020 10:06 PM

The pilot in the Buddy Holly crash wasn't sufficiently trained in instrument flying either and it's thought that he misread one of the gauges. He shouldn't have flown at all as was only certified for visual flight rules and visibility was extremely poor.

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2020 10:23 PM

Here's Patsy's racist lighter they found at the crash site:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]unless you're a died in the wool Death Hag.

Another Dearly Departed fan?

by Anonymousreply 126September 19, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote]I also came across photos of Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy’s autopsy photos in 2014.

Necro.

by Anonymousreply 127September 19, 2020 10:36 PM

That's not me 2 posts above, but I have been addicted to Dearly Departed since 2004!!!

by Anonymousreply 128September 19, 2020 10:50 PM

Patsy named her son Randy Dick. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 129September 19, 2020 11:13 PM

Patsy was a good woman

by Anonymousreply 130September 20, 2020 9:02 AM

Jessica Lange received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress in "Sweet Dreams" (1985).

This is the last song that Patsy sings in the movie, right before the plane crash. Lange is lip-synching to Patsy's original recording of "Sweet Dreams".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131September 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Yes, R126, for many years.

by Anonymousreply 132September 20, 2020 11:12 AM

Patsy's daughter also has an unfortunate name. Julie Dick Fudge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2020 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!