Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What, for you, is the most effective heterosexual love scene in film?

I'm not necessarily talking about a sexual scene, although you can include them.

For me it is Kyle MacLaughlin and Laura Dern dancing in "Blue Velvet". An absolutely mesmerizing whirl of emotion, with them both cracking up about how happy they are. When Dern finally says "I love you, Jeffrey", I didn't know which one of them I'd want to be.

I think Bogart and Hepburn at the end of "The African Queen" is a close number two, when they are overjoyed to be married even as execution is the honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 8:34 AM

beurre de la baise - Last Tango

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2020 12:40 AM

Not sure if it's the most effective love scene but I've always found the first and almost violent kissing scene of Deckard and Rachael in Blade Runner extremely powerful. There are so many layers to the whole thing that it's way beyond a normal love scene. And obviously Harrison Ford was such a fox back then.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2020 12:45 AM

R2, totally agree. Equally obviously, Sean Young was hypnotically beautiful as well. The score to that scene also was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2020 12:47 AM

Jane Fonda and Jon Voight. Coming Home.

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2020 12:59 AM

No actual sex, but the telephone scene in It’s a Wonderful Life between Jimmy Stewart & Donna Reed.

by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2020 3:18 AM

Deborah and Burt in 'From Here to Eternity'.

by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Kim Novack and William Holden doing their dance in “Picnic”

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2020 4:09 AM

Pretty Woman- the piano scene.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2020 4:26 AM

Call me Nomi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2020 4:32 AM

The Lady Eve's "Snakes are my life" scene.

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2020 4:36 AM

I've always liked Jon Voight and Brenda Vaccaro's love scene in Midnight Cowboy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2020 4:38 AM

The ending scene of 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' when Tomas and Tereza are driving in the rain, and Tomas tells Tereza how happy he is (Daniel Day-Lewis and Juliette Binoche). After the movie, I showed up on my boyfriend's doorstep and begged him to take me back.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2020 4:46 AM

#7 - “Picnic” is one of my all time favorite movies! .Kim N and William Holden have such a shy/hot yearning. LOoove that arrangement of Moonglow! .... Two movie couples that had great love scenes - Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty In “Splendor In the Grass” ...... Vanessa Redgrave and beautiful Franco Nero in “Camelot.”

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2020 5:08 AM

She is a baker, btw:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2020 6:00 AM

Capt. Von Trapp dancing with Maria.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 8:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!