Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone know “officially” what’s wrong with Amanda Bynes?

I have so many questions.

when she went crazy did she just crack up out of nowhere? She seemed pretty normal before she first went loony tunes. It seemed sudden back then.

And what’s with this guy she’s hanging out with currently. I don’t understand this. Is it legal for a guy to date someone who is so cuckoo? It’s certainly not ethical.

And they always report that she is in some sort of custody but seems to be allowed to run wild in the streets and still do zany antics.

What is the real tea. Psych professionals please weigh in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2020 1:46 PM

Who gives these people ratios on their face? Seems cruel and heartless.

by Anonymousreply 1September 9, 2020 5:12 AM

I wanna hang with batshit MissAmandaPlease!

by Anonymousreply 2September 9, 2020 5:21 AM

It was propesized. (3:45)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 9, 2020 5:23 AM

She’s a spoiled brat who couldn’t handle no longer being flavor of the month in Hollywood. Don’t fall for the mental illness victim routine. She’s just a selfish brat.

by Anonymousreply 4September 9, 2020 5:25 AM

She seems genuinely crazy. This is one notch above Britney.

by Anonymousreply 5September 9, 2020 5:26 AM

I think she's mentally ill with bipolar disorder. There's no evidence of her being abused and mental illness has a genetic component and can start to show itself in a person in their mid to late 20s. It's sad because Amanda was genuinely very talented and seemed sweet. Her parents took it seriously and had her retire and placed in a conservatorship to protect her. She went to fashion school which was a good idea because it gave her a routine. Now that she finished, she seems to have gone back to acting out.

by Anonymousreply 6September 9, 2020 5:44 AM

I’m no expert, but I think bi-polar was few stops back on the train.

by Anonymousreply 7September 9, 2020 5:47 AM

When she did a sitcom with Jennie Garth, there was a story that Bynes had a habit of changing with her dressing room door open. Hypersexual behavior often emerges from sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 8September 9, 2020 5:50 AM

It's not clear. Her case was slightly unusual because it appeared in the late twenties, not the early 20s as most severe mental illness does.

by Anonymousreply 9September 9, 2020 5:52 AM

Was she a heavy user previously? Wonder if she did hallucinogens.

by Anonymousreply 10September 9, 2020 5:56 AM

Doesn’t she know she’s acting crazy or does she think it’s normal? I think that’s the real tell.

by Anonymousreply 11September 9, 2020 5:57 AM

She also did use drugs like marijuana and admitted to being on painkillers.

by Anonymousreply 12September 9, 2020 5:58 AM

R8 Do you think Amanda's illness could be a reaction to trauma?

by Anonymousreply 13September 9, 2020 6:04 AM

don’t know but she did accuse her dad of physical and sexual abuse. and i imagine any young woman is abused on tv and movie sets.

though everyone says scizophrenia. perhaps she was taking uppers as an actress ?

by Anonymousreply 14September 9, 2020 7:25 AM

Ratios?

by Anonymousreply 15September 9, 2020 12:04 PM

[Quote] There's no evidence of her being abused

Most Nickelodeon kids have abuse rumours because of that fat fuck Dan Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 16September 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Most women who develop schizophrenia do so in their mid-late 20s. For men it tends to manifest earlier.

by Anonymousreply 17September 9, 2020 1:44 PM

Hi OP,

You’re a real fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18September 9, 2020 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!