Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dolly has not been nominated for CMA Entertainer of the Year since 1978

That is fucked up! I know people who hate country music but love Dolly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 10:42 PM

Dolly Parton is the new Betty White.

Every single person I’ve ever been around when Dolly came up as a topic of discussion has said they love her and appreciate her talent. I’ve never in my life heard anyone say they dislike Dolly Parton. That’s pretty phenomenal given that she sings bluegrassy country music and many of us can’t stand that genre.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2020 9:32 PM

Barbara Mandrell looks like shit now. She was so huge in the 70s and 80s and then completely disappeared. I guess Reba McEntire ended her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2020 9:54 PM

Well, when did she release her last relevant record?

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2020 10:06 PM

Mandrell made a conscious decision to leave the entertainment business. She had a sold run, worked her ass off, then decided to enjoy the rest of her life. She wasn't simply a singer who toured with a band. Her shows were Vegas-like performances with elaborate & frenetic choreographed routines & prolifically segmented with high production values. She was no doubt exhausted & a bit sore in her joints. BTW, Dave Aude mixed Sleep Single In A Double Bed, it's quite nice.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2020 10:29 PM

Right off the top of my head, there was Blue Smoke in 2014. It sold well and was a Top 10 record. Dolly went on a world wide tour for that one including a gig at Glastonbury. I am still amazed at how many people attended that show. It drew over 180,000.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 10:30 PM

Since Dolly Parton is only one of six women to win this award, she doesn't need to be nominated for it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 10:33 PM

I thought she was already dead. No?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 10:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!