Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you remember Jello Biafra?

This is the pic on his Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 3, 2020 9:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2020 3:18 PM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2020 3:20 PM

I'm just a little surprised, R2. I don't know much about him and only vaguely remember him from when I was a kid since I had a friend who was into his music. I thought he'd be a right winger/NRA type.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote]Do you remember Jello Biafra?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2020 3:33 PM

Juts so long as the White House doesn't wear white after Labor Day, it's all good.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 4:10 PM

Yes I remember him and he's a fucking hot Daddy nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 4:14 PM

I'll bet he can fuck like crazy, even at his age, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 4:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2020 4:28 PM

Of course! He was smarter than the average rocker, and Dead Kennedys were way ahead of the pack.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2020 5:13 PM

Take a trip down memory lane. Just the album covers and song titles alone are amazing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2020 5:15 PM

Remember this? They’d be so cancelled for this today. People wouldn’t understand the parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2020 5:18 PM

Lead singer of the Dead Kennedys, right?

Saw his band a few times while an undergrad at Berkeley.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2020 5:19 PM

Pro-LGBT, anti-racism, very anti-nazi. For a crass act, they were pure class!

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2020 5:19 PM

Didn't they have another non-PC song Holiday in Cambodia with a chorus of "Pol Pot"

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2020 5:20 PM

First cousin of our very own Darfur Orphan.

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2020 5:22 PM

Remember the H. R. Giger poster “Penis Landscape” included inside initial copies of Frankenchrist that got them in so much trouble? LOL

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2020 5:27 PM

R16 Here it is. LOL! How could this possibly have offended Tipper Gore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2020 5:31 PM

At least one of them is practicing safe sex

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2020 5:32 PM

Go, Jello!

I honestly wish he hadn't alienated his bandmates so they would still play and make new music. But yeah, I love him.

And Trump's wouldn't be the first Klan-based White House!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2020 5:52 PM

Um, none of their songs were "politically correct."

But they were woke!

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2020 5:54 PM

I remember “Nazi Punks Fuck Off!”

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2020 12:50 AM

He has morphed into current day James St. James, except Baifra kept some of his teeth.

I hung out with him a few times (partner was in a band in the 90s) years ago. I enjoyed his company- he's funny.

by Anonymousreply 22September 3, 2020 12:53 AM

Wow, R19. He could be addressing today's Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 23September 3, 2020 1:36 AM

And I know he probably doesn't appeal to DL's demographic, but this is hotter than me than any thread about some Instahoe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 3, 2020 8:40 AM

Remember when he ran against Diane Feinstein for mayor of San Francisco? I vaguely remember an appearance on television (a debate or a talk show, can't recall) where he wore bumblebee socks. He managed to pull in something like 5% of tge vote.

by Anonymousreply 25September 3, 2020 8:58 AM

I always loved this LP cover for IN GOD WE TRUST, INC. With a song called "Religious Vomit"(!) This was the height of the television televangelist trend in America (it turned out it would grow even bigger and more sinister).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 3, 2020 9:26 AM

I wish Jello and Rose McG would host the VP debates

by Anonymousreply 27September 3, 2020 9:29 AM

Jello, yes. Rose, no thanks, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28September 3, 2020 9:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!