Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meryl Streep Nephew Arrested For Strangling 18 Year Old

Police arrested a New York City man following a road rage incident in East Hampton Village that led to an alleged assault in which the victim sustained serious head trauma that required emergency surgery.

East Hampton Village police said Charles Harrison Streep, 31, assaulted the victim in the parking lot behind the Chase Bank on Main Street on Monday morning. The victim is an 18-year-old from Springs whose name police did not release as he is still hospitalized.

According to Lieutenant Gregory Brown, the incident began when the victim, driving a Ford sedan, pulled off of Main Street into the Circle, which leads to the bank parking lot. The defendant, who had been driving an Audi convertible, was pulling out of the Circle onto Main Street, he said.

Streep, who is a nephew of the actress Meryl Streep, allegedly assaulted the victim in the parking lot. Brown declined to answer specifics about the assault.

Police received several 911 calls about a possible fight at 11:30 a.m., but Streep was already gone when they arrived.

Officers interviewed the victim. He refused any medical attention, however, and went home, Lieutenant Brown said. No ambulance was called to the scene, though an emergency medical service provider, who had been in the area, was on scene, he said.

A short while later, once the victim was home, he requested medical assistance and was transported to Stony Brook Southampton Hospital, Brown said. By 2:30 p.m., he had been airlifted from Southampton to Stony Brook University Hospital, as he required surgery for the trauma.

A detective-led investigation led police to Streep, who was arrested at a house on Pondview Lane, also in the village, early Thursday morning. He has been charged with second-degree assault and second-degree strangulation, both felonies.

A person is guilty of strangulation in the second degree when he obstructs the breathing or blood circulation, causing loss of consciousness or any other physical injury or impairment, the penal law states.

East Hampton Town Justice Steven Tekulsky arraigned Streep via Skype on Thursday afternoon. He posted $5,000 of a partially-secured $50,000 bond. If he fails to appear, the $5,000 is forfeited and he is legally obligated to the court for the balance of $45,000.

Stephen Grossman, who is representing Streep, declined to comment when reached by phone on Thursday afternoon.

According to VirginiaSports.com, Streep played lacrosse at University of Virginia after spending four years at Bucknell. The website said he graduated New Canaan High School in 2007 and is the son of Mary Streep and Dana Streep, who is Meryl Streep’s brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 11, 2020 5:20 AM

Is strangling a precocious Zoomer even a crime?

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2020 5:58 PM

Obvious nosejob.

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2020 5:58 PM

I'm glad that this wasn't the child of her other sister-in-law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2020 5:59 PM

I'm sure he'll be popular in prison. Will the "do you know who my aunt is?" thing work as a defense against sodomy?

by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2020 6:00 PM

That family has always been trashy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2020 6:01 PM

She knew!

by Anonymousreply 6August 28, 2020 6:02 PM

Charles Streep was arrested Thursday morning at a house on Pondview Lane in East Hampton and charged with felony counts of second-degree assault and second-degree strangulation. He was arraigned and released on $5,000 bail, police said.

The six-bedroom house — which the Zillow website estimates is worth $6.5 million — is listed in public records as the home of Streep’s mother, Mary Simon Streep, whose late father, William Simon, was the US treasury secretary during the Nixon and Ford administrations.

Charles Streep answered the door at his apartment on Prince Street in Lower Manhattan on Friday afternoon but wouldn’t answer questions about his arrest, saying, “I can’t really talk about this, I’m sorry.”

His defense lawyer, Stephen Grossman, said “there’s more” to the story but declined to elaborate.

“What really happened will come out,” he said Friday.

Reps for his famous aunt, the most Oscar-nominated actor of all time, did not immediately return messages.

by Anonymousreply 7August 28, 2020 6:03 PM

OP = worse than Hitler and She-Devil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 28, 2020 6:04 PM

Two girls in a slap-fight?

Streep is cute. Post is inferior without a photo of attackee.

by Anonymousreply 9August 28, 2020 6:05 PM

hot!

by Anonymousreply 10August 28, 2020 6:06 PM

R8 I did search for "Meryl Streep" and nothing came up because the title used in the post is "M's Nephew Arrested"

How the hell are we suppose to know if the poster doesn't use Meryl Streep's full name in the title

by Anonymousreply 11August 28, 2020 6:06 PM

Trick gone bad?

by Anonymousreply 12August 28, 2020 6:06 PM

At least there any common thugs in my family!

by Anonymousreply 13August 28, 2020 6:07 PM

Steroids

by Anonymousreply 14August 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Did anyone else overlook “nephew” in the title?

by Anonymousreply 15August 28, 2020 6:10 PM

Do I want to play the strangled or the stranger?

by Anonymousreply 16August 28, 2020 6:16 PM

I'd love to see her being strangled, R16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 28, 2020 6:21 PM

OP = G

by Anonymousreply 18August 28, 2020 6:24 PM

Without a presentation of hole this thread is useless.

by Anonymousreply 19August 28, 2020 6:29 PM

"Who da fuck is Mary L. Strip, white boi?"

by Anonymousreply 20August 28, 2020 6:29 PM

Never trust a man with a teeny tiny nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 28, 2020 6:34 PM

The vibe he gives off is "good looking, wealthy ne'er do well." Like Chris Evans' character in "Knives Out."

by Anonymousreply 22August 28, 2020 6:35 PM

He looks like one of those perpetually adolescent dude bros.

Possibly the worst nose job I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 23August 28, 2020 6:53 PM

R23 it’s true — very pinched. Makes him look gay; not that there’s anything wrong with that.

So her brother married quite well I gotta say — the Streeps come from a more middle class background.

by Anonymousreply 24August 28, 2020 7:13 PM

The perp back in the day....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Lacrosse player. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 26August 28, 2020 7:55 PM

Four years at Bucknell and then transfers to another college? Then UVA for lacrosse? When does he start date rape?

by Anonymousreply 27August 28, 2020 7:58 PM

The word "Lacrosse" pretty much emblematizes "douche boy white privilege."

by Anonymousreply 28August 28, 2020 8:04 PM

R28 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 29August 28, 2020 10:38 PM

His mistake was waiting 12 years to do it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 28, 2020 10:39 PM

According to the East Hampton Star: “ Update: Arrest in Alleged Road Rage Attack By Bella Lewis August 27, 2020 Charles Harrison Streep, a 31-year-old nephew of Meryl Streep, was arrested early Thursday at his house on Pondview Lane in East Hampton Village in what police called “a road rage assault,” reported to have taken place in the Chase Bank parking lot off Main Street on Monday afternoon. The victim, whose name was not released, "sustained serious head trauma requiring emergency surgery," police said in a statement on Thursday afternoon. Mr. Streep was charged with assault in the second degree and strangulation in the second degree, both felonies. Police had responded to multiple calls reporting a fight in progress in the parking lot at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Lieut. Gregory Brown said Friday afternoon. "Upon arrival, the disturbance was over and one party had left the scene,” Lieutenant Brown stated. Mr. Steep had left, in an Audi convertible; the alleged victim left in a Ford sedan after being interviewed by officers. “There happened to be an off-duty E.M.T. ambulance in the area,” police said, though the victim declined medical attention. No ambulance was called. Police withheld the victim’s identity, “not wishing to compromise the investigation,” said the lieutenant, but confirmed that later in the day he had been taken to Southampton Hospital, from where he was immediately transferred to Stony Brook University Hospital for surgery. Mr. Streep is the son of Dana Streep and a grandson of former Secretary of the Treasury William E. Simon. He was arraigned on Thursday by East Hampton Town Justice Steven Tekulsky and released on $5,000 bail to appear in court at a later date. This article has been updated since it was first published.”

So a victim, who was so badly injured that he required surgery, was able to drive off in his own car?

Also, the victim is from Springs. That’s the “poor” area of the Hamptons. While it’s not *ghetto*, the houses are very modest and it’s where year-round locals live, not where the second homes to rich people are. If Streep fucked with a local, he’ll get his eventually.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2020 10:35 PM

If I had to guess, this person (probably a local) and Streep got into a fracas about a parking space and Streep punched that person. The person thought they were okay, but had some bleeding on the brain and is lucky to be alive.

Town is at capacity, and there are always entitled pricks arguing about this and that.

by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2020 10:38 PM

[Quote] If Streep fucked with a local, he’ll get his eventually.

What does this mean? Streep will be murdered?

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2020 10:49 PM

I know someone who has a nose like that and it’s actually natural. Wonder if we kind find young photos of him? New Canaan High pics perhaps? Odd for a Lacrosse douchebro from New Canaan area to get an obvious nose job. Especially a WASP.

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2020 10:51 PM

If I had to guess his famous relative, I would say "Joyce DeWitt."

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2020 10:51 PM

How many years was he in College? When does Lacrosse end? Are there Adult Lacrosse Professional Douchebag Leagues?

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2020 10:59 PM

Pretty sure it’s his nose. Have a google image search for Charlie Streep lacrosse and very young photos come up. I couldn’t post here for some reason. He was chubby for a while in his teens but has always had a tiny upturned “done looking” nose. Even at 12. That’s just a bad angle in OP’s photo think. Either way, Guy has massive issues. Not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2020 10:59 PM

Cut or uncut? Both of them.

by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2020 11:04 PM

R28 = Crystal Mangum

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2020 11:06 PM

Her brother has a completely different nose. Are they full siblings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2020 11:21 PM

Meryl other brother (the one married to Maeve Kinkead) is a dancer

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2020 11:23 PM

Is that a euphemism?

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2020 11:25 PM

A euphemism for what?

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2020 11:34 PM

I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2020 11:35 PM

R33, it’s a small town. And, as with many places where there are “summer people”, there’s always a certain amount of tension/resentment between the rich summer people and the locals.

I don’t mean that he’ll be murdered. But he can expect extra scrutiny everywhere he goes and parking tickets, etc.

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2020 11:49 PM

So, he got his ass kicked, decided he was ok, figured out he could get some money from Streep so he went to the hospital. That about right?

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2020 12:09 AM

Siblings can have different noses. My brother and I (I'm male) inherited our mother's nose and my two sisters inherited our father's nose. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2020 12:22 AM

Her handsome bro has a fine nose.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2020 12:26 AM

You're just wild about Harry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2020 12:29 AM

Harry Streep - the dancer

by Anonymousreply 50September 2, 2020 12:30 AM

The nephew probably thought the other guy was G. Hence the attack.

by Anonymousreply 51September 2, 2020 12:45 AM

Cute guy on Pondview, who knows about the Springs guy ....two cars are in Chase parking, one nabs space, a ifight ensues.

by Anonymousreply 52September 2, 2020 1:02 AM

R33 funny that on a Meryl Streep thread of all places you would be surprised that a WASP could have a big nose.

by Anonymousreply 53September 2, 2020 1:24 AM

Is this just some new type of viral marketing by Chase Bank?

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2020 6:53 AM

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL LATIN TWINK! THROW THAT MONGREL IN JAIL FOR LIFE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2020 9:55 PM

M must be thanking her lucky stars that there are no pics of her together with this guy online, because they'd be plastered all over these articles.

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2020 3:03 AM

At least Mamie is not my most embarrassing relative anymore.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2020 3:32 AM

[quote] East Hampton Town Justice Steven Tekulsky arraigned Streep via Skype on Thursday afternoon. He posted $5,000 of a partially-secured $50,000 bond. If he fails to appear, the $5,000 is forfeited and he is legally obligated to the court for the balance of $45,000.

So partially secured sounds like there is cash or property involved. Hope he doesn't run. I don't think the family would turn on him for this charge; But If they threw him a Tori spelling then he might still be in a bind.

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2020 4:07 AM

[quote]Streep played lacrosse

Guilty!

by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2020 4:12 AM

No surprise. The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote] [quote] East Hampton Town Justice Steven Tekulsky arraigned Streep via Skype on Thursday afternoon. He posted $5,000 of a partially-secured $50,000 bond. If he fails to appear, the $5,000 is forfeited, and he is legally obligated to the court for the balance of $45,000.

He will never see that $5000 again. At least not in whole. But they should be able to cover.

Unless they throw him a Tori Spelling.l That might put him in a bind'

by Anonymousreply 61September 11, 2020 4:54 AM

Will Meryl star as herself in the TV movie of the week of the incident?

by Anonymousreply 62September 11, 2020 5:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!