Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What did Jack Nicholson do to Lara Flynne Boyle?

I have seen it mentioned here a couple of times that he was responsible for her downfall? But what exactly did he do?

Is there a darker side to Jack Nicholson?

by Anonymousreply 85August 30, 2020 2:46 AM

Jack=Jack Torrance

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2020 10:48 PM

Murder

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2020 10:49 PM

Yes, there's a dark side to Jack Nicholson. He's a violent misogynist piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2020 10:50 PM

Redrum, to be exact

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2020 10:51 PM

Don't get me started!

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2020 10:51 PM

Probably got her strung out in heroin or something. She certainly looks the part.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2020 10:55 PM

You may not know this, but Jack and I dated in college.

What a scamp!

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2020 10:55 PM

Crush her until she couldn’t breathe, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2020 10:56 PM

But how do you all know this? Not questioning, just want more background information.

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2020 10:59 PM

Something involving a bicycle pump and her face. Exactly how and why, I do not know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2020 11:04 PM

I read somewhere that a lot of the bloated appearance could be due to severe alcoholism and liver damage. I'm sure some is definitely bad plastic surgery, too.

A shame. She was very beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2020 11:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2020 11:20 PM

wtf

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2020 11:28 PM

Goddamn, that's sad.

by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2020 11:29 PM

Did Anjelica Huston ever say anything g about Jack. They dated for years.

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Made her hold the chicken between her knees.

by Anonymousreply 16August 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Anjelica has been really hush hush about Jack. She's been honest about his infidelity and her co-dependence on him, but I feel like she's held back a lot.

by Anonymousreply 17August 26, 2020 11:33 PM

He made her bleach her asshole. In fact that was the first case I heard of asshole bleaching.

by Anonymousreply 18August 26, 2020 11:35 PM

I've been watching the original Twin Peaks, and it's unreal how gorgeous Lara Flynn Boyle used to be. Actually, she was in good company on that show (Sherilyn Fenn, Mädchen Amick, and Patsy Kensit).

I don't know what Jack did to her, but when they met she was dating David Spade (a C-list actor). Jack had recently won his 2nd Oscar and was easily one of the most famous and respected actors alive. When he dumped her she had to go back to dating losers.

by Anonymousreply 19August 26, 2020 11:38 PM

Patsy Kensit! Was not on TP. Are you drinking the whisky too?

by Anonymousreply 20August 26, 2020 11:45 PM

I've been rewatching the original Twin Peaks too! I loved it when it was originally on and I was scared to watch it again, worried that it would suck. But it doesn't suck!

by Anonymousreply 21August 26, 2020 11:46 PM

I think the poster upthread got Peggy Lipton and Patsy Kensit confused.

by Anonymousreply 22August 26, 2020 11:48 PM

I'm sorry, I was thinking of Peggy Lipton! She's Rashida Jones' mom, right? Mod Squad? She was before my time and I was a little kid when Twin Peaks aired, so I'm really just discovering her. She was beautiful and was probably in her 40s when the show aired.

by Anonymousreply 23August 26, 2020 11:51 PM

Peggy was looking great in the 3rd season, too. I was surprised when she died so suddenly. She definitely didn't look sick on that final season.

by Anonymousreply 24August 26, 2020 11:55 PM

Peggy Lipton was stunning. I loved TP. The pilot movie is truly excellent. Shame it sort of fell in on itself at the end. The recent series was difficult for me as loved the original bit I feel I should give it another go.

by Anonymousreply 25August 26, 2020 11:57 PM

I thought I had read she had some type of medical condition and the medication was partly to blame for her puffy face (similar to Kathleen Turner?) but can't find anything to confirm. I did find these photos from June. Holy Sheet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 26, 2020 11:57 PM

And loved the movie Fire Walk with me too.

by Anonymousreply 27August 26, 2020 11:58 PM

She looks like she had been on prednisone, which causes the face to become "moon-like" and swollen.

She also had unfortunate plastic surgery, especially something particularly awful with her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2020 12:51 AM

Why is everyone so convinced that Nicholson is the cause of her reported problems? Granted he was never a nice guy but who knows what goes on in someone's private life.

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2020 1:01 AM

Jesus, her knee in the white coat at r26! If she's hardcore drinking, that must be the only way she's getting calories.

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2020 3:22 AM

She fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2020 3:59 AM

R29 it’s a little ridiculous I agree. You see a lot of things on where about a certain guy “getting a girl hooked” on drugs, like how does that work really? We (often rightly) say the Me Too movement has caused too much of a victim mentality , but these kind of statements are that in a nutshell.

Anyway, I along with quite a few friends knew a publicist/friend of hers (whose name I will not mention) in the early aughts and they were making the scene both in NY/LA/Hampts and were big time coke/heavy drinking buddies. I’m sure she and Jack had some fairly debauched times together but I highly doubt he ever “made” or “introduced” her to anything. He didn’t have to.

by Anonymousreply 32August 27, 2020 5:04 AM

I do know what he did to her and it was quite the dismantling of a soul. To some extent she was willing, but it was very dark and went way too far. And then he threw her away. Nicholson famously almost beat a hooker to death and had to pay a lot to cover that up, allegedly. There is much more sinister finesse to the games he played with LFB. A constant testing and continual debasement. Drugs were just the door that opened much darker secrets and desires. Degradations. It's not that hard to find out some of this information. I've told some of it here before, allegedly. But I don't feel like arguing with people who think they know better. Look into it. There's a reason Anjelica Huston keeps her mouth shut. 2

by Anonymousreply 33August 27, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote]R15 Did Anjelica Huston ever say anything g about Jack. They dated for years.

I mainly recall her writing that during the years he was swearing he loved her, he was also cheating on her with numerous women.

She still speaks highly of him in many ways, but that aspect was painful.

by Anonymousreply 34August 27, 2020 6:44 AM

I've told some of it here before, allegedly.

R33, are you alleging you told some of it here before? You haven’t verified that you’ve told it here?

by Anonymousreply 35August 27, 2020 7:06 AM

Like most actresses LFB’s greatest asset was her beauty. That works for a while with a modicum of acting skills.

Drugs/ alcohol — everywhere . Can’t blame anyone. When she temporarily snagged JN, it was, so she thought, the jackpot for her.

After famously dumbed, humiliation and more for daring to get older. She’s had a facelift and numerous fillers all over. Deforming her lips put her on the grotesque category.

Her real lips are thin. Any reputable plastic surgeon says that thin lips cannot be blown up. Lindsey Lohan had thin lips , but her doctor has not gone overboard . It may look fake, but not grotesque.

So here is Laura Flynn, well past her expiration date due to too many procedures. She felt her looks were her only draw, so when they’re gone, she’s gone girl.

If she had had the courage to age gracefully with a tad of surgery, she could have continued her career . But you can’t play the ingenue forever.

by Anonymousreply 36August 27, 2020 7:48 AM

What a great title for a dishy biography!

“You Can’t Play the Ingenue Forever”.

by Anonymousreply 37August 27, 2020 8:26 AM

Another of David E Kelley’s roll call of actresses with eating disorders. Lara, Courtney Thorne Smith, Portia De Rossi, Calista Flockhart, all anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 38August 27, 2020 8:37 AM

He fucked her willing hole.

by Anonymousreply 39August 27, 2020 9:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 27, 2020 10:32 AM

I thought the rumor was Jack would pass her around to fuck his friends, demeaned her, and then when he became bored, dumped her like trash.

by Anonymousreply 41August 27, 2020 11:15 AM

R41 Sounds like Jack.

by Anonymousreply 42August 27, 2020 11:22 AM

She was an anorexic and party drug chick for YEARS and got unfortunate face work. She was one of the first famous people with the caterpillar lips that didn't work. Then she turned into a raging alchie. She owns her situation. It's not "what did Jack do to her?". Weirdly, I will admit that Anjelica now has an enormous bloated walrus face so, hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 43August 27, 2020 11:30 AM

I'm actually really surprised she is still alive, after years of seeing pictures of her rail thin with the bloated belly it seems like she has liver problems/ ascites in the belly.

I'm surprised to read she is married. I wonder if he tries to help? Honestly, looking at pictures of her and seeing her so sick looking, I'm relieved she has someone and is not all alone. I'm sad for her.

by Anonymousreply 44August 27, 2020 11:55 AM

In that picture at R40 it looks like there’s something lumpy under her shirt. What is that? At first I thought her navel was protruding, but it looks like there’s several lumps, not just one.

I went to the TMZ link. If that photo was recent to the date of the article, she was wearing a full length down coat in June. And the coat was loose except for the stomach area. She was wearing the coat to conceal her stomach and her weight loss. Her knee was just bone.

I’m not sure if her bloated face is Prednisone, although it makes sense with her medical conditions. Her face structure is too bony. People who take it end up with a lot of water in their face and their cheekbones disappear. I took it myself recently and my face was completely puffy and all the bone structure was concealed. Including my nose, which became very bloated and wide like Kathleen Turner’s. Thankfully, I only had to take it a short time.

Another person I know took it for much longer, at higher doses, and they put on weight all over, not just the face. You retain a lot of water when you take it.

This is classic prednisone face. Look at her nose, it’s much broader and totally unlike her previously narrow nose. Her chin is still pointy, and her previously narrow face is now wide at the cheekbones. . She also put on a lot of weight. All signs of prednisone. That’s all fluid retention. Kathleen Turner has RA and so does the person I know. The person I know had the same thing happen, sudden drastic weight gain and her face became very broad. She also has a pointed chin and her cheekbones became very round. When she stopped taking it, the weight and water just fell off.

LFB looks nothing like this. I’m guessing it’s alcohol bloat in her case, coupled with bad lip injections. No one would have bony knees like that with prednisone, they would bulk up very quickly. If she’s taking it, she’s not eating, but even so, she would still have a round face. I wonder if she has stomach cancer or something and is unable to eat. But her hair is still there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 27, 2020 1:04 PM

alcoholism affects the entire bodily system, and is much more physically damaging to women than to men because of the hormonal system, i believe.

please watch the film "My Name Was Bette...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 27, 2020 1:20 PM

You get the face you deserve. LFB was an ingrate.

by Anonymousreply 47August 27, 2020 1:48 PM

Poor Lara. I wonder how she feels when she comes across pictures like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 27, 2020 1:54 PM

I remember reading that Jack Nicholson upped and left with a woman he picked up right in front of Huston. Not sure why she thinks he is such a great guy.

by Anonymousreply 49August 27, 2020 2:26 PM

The question, OP, is "Is there a lighter side to Jack Nicholson?"

by Anonymousreply 50August 27, 2020 2:36 PM

Nicholson must be the fuck of a lifetime, because he's not the greatest thing to look at and looks like he'd smell.

by Anonymousreply 51August 27, 2020 11:55 PM

“Nicholson must be the fuck of a lifetime, because he's not the greatest thing to look at and looks like he'd smell.”

Not even. He was mega famous, powerful, connected and very, very rich.

by Anonymousreply 52August 27, 2020 11:57 PM

R40If the eyes are the windows to the soul.....

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2020 12:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 28, 2020 12:22 AM

Oh well, he has dementia now, doesn’t he.

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2020 12:46 AM

Actually just a different kind of dementia than he experienced earlier in life.

by Anonymousreply 56August 28, 2020 1:00 AM

R29, because that is what a lot of hetero relationships are based on: abuse. Sexual, physical and psychological abuse. Especially in HW where power imbalances create those dynamics.

And let's be honest, Jack does look the type — he looks like a rapist and the kind of guy who would hit and humiliate women. And Lara Flynn Boyle, behaves just like your average straight woman by being an enabler. Her alcoholism comes from somewhere, it is not random.

by Anonymousreply 57August 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Anjelica Huston does say Nicholson regularly gave her gifts of expensive jewelry, which is nice.

Though it did make her nervous as to what he was seemingly apologizing for - -

by Anonymousreply 58August 28, 2020 1:26 AM

R57 her alcoholism comes from being Irish.

by Anonymousreply 59August 28, 2020 5:17 AM

Jack, John Huston, Roman Polanski hung together. Can you imagine the underage debauchery? Jack is also the continuing drug addict under care of of constant nurse.

by Anonymousreply 60August 28, 2020 6:56 AM

Caring Nurse Ratched?

by Anonymousreply 61August 28, 2020 7:04 AM

R40 - I'm no expert, of course, but my ex died from alcoholism and had ascites - - horrible way to die. He looked like one of those starving orphans - literal stick frame with huge round bloated belly. And yeah, he had lumps - towards the end, his, 'innie' belly button became an, 'outie' and the skin was so thin you could see fluid moving around, inside. Would not wish it on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 62August 28, 2020 7:07 AM

Here's my only "I have a friend" contribution to DL gossip. My friend was in the Chicago AA scene in the '90s. Lara's father was an inveterate, falling down drunk. She didn't need a perverted Jack Nicholson to fuck her up.

by Anonymousreply 63August 28, 2020 7:15 AM

I'm wondering what will come out about Jack once he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 64August 28, 2020 6:33 PM

Funny how he was never me tooed. But Dustin Hoffman of all people was.

by Anonymousreply 65August 28, 2020 6:42 PM

R37, someone needs to make 'You Can't Play the Ingenue Forever' a Broadway hit.

by Anonymousreply 66August 28, 2020 6:51 PM

I used to know a guy who looked just like Lara Flynne Boyle. He was a serious hardcore drinker, who was over six feet tall, but rail thin and with a huge bloated stomach. The guy virtually never ate and was always hungover or ill, which eventually led to him being fired from his job. The other thing I remember is that he had arms and legs like matchsticks. His whole appearance was really bizarre, as he was well over 6’4 in height but looked like a stiff breeze could snap him in two.

by Anonymousreply 67August 28, 2020 6:51 PM

R67, I used to know a woman like that too. Thin arms and legs, a small belly and she was very pale. Lived on cigarettes and booze. She didn’t eat all day long at work, she was saving her calories for the bar. She looked a lot older than she was, frail looking with wrinkled skin. People were worried because she never ate. She said she ate dinner, but it was something light IIRC.

She ended up having a stroke at work, and later moved to be near her daughter, so I didn’t see her after that. I was pretty young then, I didn’t realize she was an alcoholic. I think there’s probably a lot of women like that, saving their calories for the bar so they can keep their figure.

by Anonymousreply 68August 28, 2020 6:58 PM

R68 what about intermittent fasting? That’s considered healthy now.

I’m sort of doing it, actually.

by Anonymousreply 69August 28, 2020 7:04 PM

Angelica wrote in her second bio about how Jack never really processed his dead sister being his mother, once he was told about it during the making of 'Chinatown'. (Google it...both his sister/mother and mother/grandmother were already dead, so he had no closure.) No doubt this has affected how he's treated women.

by Anonymousreply 70August 28, 2020 7:35 PM

R69, not if you’re living on booze, cigarettes and a small serving of bar food. The doctor said her arteries were so blocked, he couldn’t believe she hadn’t dropped dead already. She kept smoking after that.

by Anonymousreply 71August 28, 2020 7:39 PM

From Jack's wiki page it seems he wasn't really traumatized over finding out his "sister" was actually his mother:

"In 1974, Time magazine researchers learned, and informed Nicholson, that his "sister", June, was actually his mother, and his other "sister", Lorraine, was really his aunt.[11] By this time, both his mother and grandmother had died (in 1963 and 1970, respectively). On finding out, Nicholson said it was "a pretty dramatic event, but it wasn't what I'd call traumatizing ... I was pretty well psychologically formed"."

by Anonymousreply 72August 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Exactly, R72. He claims he dealt with the revelation fine, but Angelica said otherwise. She was very careful with the wording in her 2nd memoir re: him, but he cheated on her a lot. (She mentions nothing about his drug use, but admits to her own coke habit.) Something makes me think they could still end up together, since she's widowed and he seems to be single.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Gee. R12's pic is sad. That's late stage alcoholism. Notice the distended belly etc. Very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 29, 2020 2:15 AM

I thought Sherilynn Fenn looked like a drinker in the Twin Peaks revival from a couple of years ago. Not as bad as LFB, but still blowsy. It couldn't have all been for the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 29, 2020 3:11 AM

Sherrilyn Fenn was born in 1965. Age 55.

Lara Flynn Boyle was born in 1970. Age fifty.

Go back and look at those pictures. LFB has looked ill for a long time.

Michelle Obama, age 55 at the time of this picture, now age 56. This is the difference between a healthy woman that has taken good care of herself and a sick woman. Yes, I know a lot of black women look good for their age. But really, even without plastic surgery a lot of women can look good at 55. Even if they’ve put on a little weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 29, 2020 3:31 AM

I wonder if LFB has Bell’s Palsy. One side of her face is noticeably drooping, and her mouth is drooping in the corners.

by Anonymousreply 77August 29, 2020 3:35 AM

LFB could've had a stroke from the drinking. I have a cousin who's had six--count 'em--six strokes from drinking. He didn't take the first three seriously and started drinking again. He's now in a nursing home and will most likely never be able to live independently again. He's mid-50s, and the strokes began when he was about 50. His father, my uncle, was a terrible alcoholic and passed away from complications due to his heavy drinking. If LFB's father is actually a fall-down alcoholic as mentioned previously in the thread, she definitely inherited his inbibing ability. (Alcoholism runs on both sides of my family, so I don't jest about it. I myself have issues with drinking, but try to keep it under control with meds and therapy.)

by Anonymousreply 78August 29, 2020 3:42 AM

He paid for her plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 79August 29, 2020 3:55 AM

I think he ate her out, and it caused her to fuck’n flip out.

by Anonymousreply 80August 29, 2020 3:58 AM

Sherilyn Fenn looks like a normal 50-something woman who has put on a few pounds and hasn't mutilated herself with plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 81August 29, 2020 8:37 AM

R33 look into it?where?

by Anonymousreply 82August 29, 2020 8:01 PM

Good Lord, what happened to her mouth? That can't be just bad injections, surely her lips would have recovered after years. It looks like she was burned or had cancer surgery or something.

by Anonymousreply 83August 29, 2020 9:11 PM

Now they have permanent lip implants. Maybe she has that. Lip injections are absorbed in 6 months to a year.

So maybe those things are permanent. And maybe she’s too sick for them to be removed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 29, 2020 11:18 PM

Does lip work ever look natural?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 30, 2020 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!