Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Half of the RNC's "Key Speakers" are Trumps. Twitter Explodes.

Half of the 12 “key speakers” planned for the Republican National Convention will be Trumps, Fox News revealed Saturday.

Twitter critics went bonkers.

Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Melania, Ivanka, Eric and Tiffany Trump were all listed as main speakers at the big event that begins Monday, other media reported as well ― though the schedule was still being finalized over the weekend.

In addition to the family ranks will be Vice President Mike Pence, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott.

Ironically, McCarthy earlier this year blasted Joe Biden for nepotism because son Hunter Biden worked for a Ukrainian energy company when Biden was vice president. But everything he ranted about could be applied to each of Trump’s adult children.

It was Tiffany Trump who was trending on Twitter because critics were particularly stunned that a 26-year-old law school grad beat out far heavier political hitters (and celebrities) simply because she’s the president’s daughter. She’s pretty much a no-show at Trump events — except to visit the queen and possibly be a headliner at the RNC.

Twitter scribes couldn’t get over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 24, 2020 8:55 PM

He is so SAD.

Can't even find any important people to support him.

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2020 8:31 PM

Dear Donald,

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2020 8:32 PM

Reports Trump was watching the DNC religiously personally making calls for adjustments. A good drinking game for tonight will be for how many things directly lifted from the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2020 9:31 AM

What about me? He told me I was like family!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2020 9:34 AM

I just picture the whole thing being ugly and full of faux victim energy.

by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2020 9:35 AM

"I just picture the whole thing being ugly and full of faux victim energy."

Just like sex with Jared Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2020 9:37 AM

They're saying Trump watched every minute of the DNC, personally getting on the phone to make RNC adjustments. RNC folks have been frantically re-shooting some stuff and have even lifted the DNC style roll call.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2020 9:48 AM

It's going to be such an angry shit show of dumping on Bidens, son, calling Biden old (pot meet kettle) and the "Democrats" are responsible for all the riots and looting. Antifa and other conspiracy theories. He has cured Corona and HIV. Token blacks and gays. Hyperbolic nasty Trump Jr will be the meanest prick on the stage fallowed by lets all all eat cake Ivanka. "D" List celebs like Rush Limbaugh, Scott Baio and washed up Roseanne Barr and jack asses like Ted Nugent. And flags, flags, flags everywhere.

Theatrics and surprises like ICE arresting and deporting undocumented workers at the same time. Or protesters being abducted off the streets with more of his secret police.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2020 10:00 AM

How embarrassing for him and the GOP.

They can't get anyone of any reputation to speak. R8 perfectly describes what it's going to be like.

Any "token gay" that takes part should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2020 10:08 AM

I hope people outside the White House are banging and clanging and making as much noise while Trump speaks.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2020 10:24 AM

To be fair, this is the kind of lineup the Cult of Trump probably wants to see.

His supporters aren't "real" conservatives, so why would they want to see "real" GOP leaders speak anyway?

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2020 10:26 AM

it's almost worth tuning into to see how atrocious Joni Ernst's hair will look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2020 10:27 AM

I predict Chinese made MEGA masks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2020 10:30 AM

[quote]Any "token gay" that takes part should be shot.

I'll do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2020 10:37 AM

I love this - everyone who isn't on Dump's direct payroll is backing away; hell, even Lady G isn't in the lineup. #SAD

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2020 10:39 AM

I wonder which one of Michelle Obamas speeches will Melanoma plagiarize ?

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2020 10:42 AM

I heard Miss Lindz will be carried in on a sedan chair by 6 swarthy mins in G-strings on night 3

can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2020 10:48 AM

OMG. How sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2020 10:52 AM

look great to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2020 10:59 AM

[quote]Can't even find any important people to support him.

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2020 11:03 AM

Nikky Haley born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley. *Gasp* You mean an Indian? from India?? The kind that puts the dot on the forehead????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2020 11:14 AM

Don't forget me - I'm available!

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2020 11:19 AM

I'm not at all surprised - it must be incredibly difficult to get anyone to speak at this shit-show.

What I suspect too is that each of the Trumps will be paid a sizeable speaking fee that will be taken from campaign funds - they never miss an opportunity to grift.

Personally I can't wait for Melania's and Ivanka's speeches, I bet they will be very entertaining (for all the wrong reasons) even though they will have been scripted by other people. Just watching them attempt to be sincere will be hilarious. I would love Melania to go off-script and announce she's divorcing Donald, but I think she's going to wait until after he loses the election so she doesn't forfeit her fee. She clearly hates him but she loves money more.

by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2020 11:20 AM

OMG Twitter had an opinion?!! OMG THIS IS BIG NEWS!!!

by Anonymousreply 24August 24, 2020 11:22 AM

The only thing worse would be if Janet Jackson was doing a performance!

by Anonymousreply 25August 24, 2020 11:27 AM

[quote]What I suspect too is that each of the Trumps will be paid a sizeable speaking fee that will be taken from campaign funds - they never miss an opportunity to grift.

Spot on and well caught R23. They will earn millions from this if they can. They already know he isn't getting reelected and their grifting gravy train is about to come to an end...

by Anonymousreply 26August 24, 2020 11:29 AM

No miss Lindsey?

by Anonymousreply 27August 24, 2020 11:59 AM

did you notice in r18 post that everyone has to go out and speak in public with lots of people except Melania and Trump. sending everyone to the slaughter.

by Anonymousreply 28August 24, 2020 12:19 PM

My God, Eric Trump's picture is a thing of nightmares. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 29August 24, 2020 1:44 PM

All his children will speak but not Barron? Wouldn't that tug at the heartstrings? Or maybe he'll stand next to his mother when she gives her speech. It's odd that he wouldn't want his youngest child to be seen at some point during the convention - you know, to bring out his 'humanity.'

What is Nikki Haley getting out of this? She would be wise to back away from the shitshow that was her time with Trump and try to pick up the pieces of her reputation. She was in good shape when she left the governorship of South Carolina. Her star was rising...

by Anonymousreply 30August 24, 2020 1:54 PM

Looks like they may have had some trouble filling the rest of the slots:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 24, 2020 2:15 PM

PLEASE let Rudy G take the stage and speak at some point in this shitshow. Also, Ben Carson. It would be great if they could follow each other - hyper Rudy and coma-inducing Ben - a perfect tag team. And where are Mitch and Lindsey in the lineup?

Political conventions were historically great places to get laid; everyone is feeling high and powerful, the testosterone is palpable. I can't imagine staying awake for this one.

by Anonymousreply 32August 24, 2020 2:59 PM

Both Rudy and Carson speak Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 33August 24, 2020 3:01 PM

Maybe Herman Cain can speak as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 24, 2020 3:27 PM

I'm sure Trump would love to have Putin speak at the convention it would give it that international flavor to one up the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 35August 24, 2020 3:37 PM

I am surprised they just didn't have the Fox News entertainment personalities speak. I fully expected Hannity, Dobbs, Carlson, and Ingraham.

by Anonymousreply 36August 24, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote] All his children will speak but not Barron? Wouldn't that tug at the heartstrings?

Yeah, sure.

All they'll get out of him is, "DUHHHH..... MAAAMAAAA.... DUHHHHH... BARRRRREEENNNNN...MAAAAA."

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2020 6:11 PM

r27, she's using her time off to get a little work done.

by Anonymousreply 38August 24, 2020 6:14 PM

Trump has no friends.

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2020 6:16 PM

r21, according to Nazi ideology, people from India are "Aryan" and therefore count as white.

by Anonymousreply 40August 24, 2020 6:16 PM

R38 Like what? Testicle rejuvenation?

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2020 6:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2020 6:28 PM

Wow! Tiffany really has the Trump look in that pic, R42. Daddy's face and the boys' wide hips.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2020 7:00 PM

Half Trumps, all cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2020 7:16 PM

R41, he's getting his loose areas tightened.

There's a LOT of tightening to do.

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Well, Hunter & Valerie Biden talked at DNC

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote] Well, Hunter & Valerie Biden talked at DNC

Yes, and so did former Presidents, Secretaries of State, US Senators, US Representatives, a Speaker of the House, state Governors, Mayors, etc.

And for Trump?

NADA. ZERO. ZIP.

Fuck you and your whataboutism. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 47August 24, 2020 8:47 PM

But there are plenty of "surprises" in store. **ugh** I hate to say this, but I hope the whole fucking National Mall goes up in flames after the fireworks ignite on Thursday. We'll use the wall money to cover damages when the piece of shit gets bounced out of DC.

by Anonymousreply 48August 24, 2020 8:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!