Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did anyone here ever have an encounter with Herb Baumeister?

He was a closeted serial killer whom I only recently learned about. He would drive from Indianapolis to Columbus, pick up a guy in a gay bar, kill him, and dump the body along I-70. I was too young to remember when the story broke, but I grew up in Ohio and our family drove on that stretch of I-70 frequently when he was active (late 80s/early 90s). Feels a bit weird now.

When caught, he fled to Canada and killed himself before he could be apprehended.

Here is some local news footage of him talking about -- of all things -- roadkill. He seems eerily normal ... and not bad looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2020 5:16 AM

I'm too young.

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2020 11:50 PM

Not bad looking????!!! Who ARE you? Helen Keller?

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2020 1:05 AM

Do all the men in Indiana wear WIGS?!?

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2020 1:08 AM

Did he murder the raccoon, too?

Kinda convenient he was right there by the corpse with his Polaroid camera . . .

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2020 1:11 AM

Here's a good episode of Forensic Files about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 21, 2020 1:19 AM

Indianapolis had its own separate gay serial killer in the late '70s. The entire state is sick.

Why was Baumeister going to Columbus? I think perhaps he was taking gay men to Mike Pence and then silencing them permanently after Mike had clumsy, groping, boring sex with them.

Someone please check out the Pence/Baumeister connection. It's out there. A lot of people are talking about it. I don't think it has ever been established that there is no connection. This is very serious.

by Anonymousreply 6August 21, 2020 1:29 AM

Columbus is the dullest place imaginable but it's like Paris compared with Indy, maybe his one redeeming quality was the need to exit the Hoosier state once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 7August 21, 2020 1:47 AM

I don't know her. Was she a TV presenter or something?

by Anonymousreply 8August 21, 2020 2:38 AM

I recall his wife Judy seemed like the ultimate frau. You know she knew, but she claims she was ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 9August 21, 2020 3:21 AM

Thanks, R5, that was interesting. The wife is the typical repugnican wife.

by Anonymousreply 10August 21, 2020 4:16 AM

It seems like most regional cities in the U.S. had a gay serial killer between the 70s and mid 90s. Most of them never got caught.

by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2020 4:45 AM

No but I do remember when Seymour Indiana, a place of motels and truck stops, had the highest HIV rate in the entire country. It blew the lid of a thriving prostitution scene.

by Anonymousreply 12August 21, 2020 5:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!