Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Welcome to Sweetie Pie's" son Tim Norman arrested in murder-for-hire plot!

James Timothy Norman, the star of the former OWN reality TV show “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s,” was arrested Tuesday on federal charges stemming from the 2016 killing of his 18-year-old nephew.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Norman stands charged with conspiracy to use interstate commerce facilities in the commission of a murder-for-hire, resulting in death. The federal complaint says that in 2014, Norman took out a $450,000 life insurance policy on his nephew, Andre Montgomery, and listed himself as the sole beneficiary.

Norman, the son of Robbie Montgomery, the owner and proprietor of beloved St. Louis soul food restaurant Sweetie Pie’s, is accused of contacting an exotic dancer named Terica Ellis to arrange for Montgomery’s killing.

“On March 13, 2016, the day before Montgomery’s murder, Norman flew to St. Louis, Missouri from his home in Los Angeles, California,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement. “On March 14, 2016, Ellis and Norman communicated using temporary phones activated that day. Ellis also used the temporary phone to communicate with Montgomery and learn his physical location. Immediately after learning Montgomery’s location, Ellis placed a call to Norman. On March 14, 2016, at approximately 8:02 p.m., Montgomery was killed by gunfire at 3964 Natural Bridge Avenue in the City of St. Louis. Ellis’s phone location information places her in the vicinity of the murder at time of the homicide.”

A week after Montgomery was killed, authorities say Norman attempted to collect on the life insurance policy.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Homicide Section and the FBI are currently investigating. Ellis is facing the same conspiracy charge as Norman.

According to WLBT, Norman is currently being held at the Madison County Detention Center. Efforts to identify his attorney or other representative were unsuccessful.

“Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” aired on OWN for nine seasons, from 2011-18, and won two NAACP Image Awards as best reality show. It focused on a St. Louis-area soul food restaurant run by Robbie Montogomery and her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 26, 2020 4:24 AM

"Welcome to Sweetie Todd's"

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2020 6:46 PM

"Sweetie Pie" always seemed like a crazy Meanie Pie to me.

Not surprised.

Also, is Tim on the DL?

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2020 6:48 PM

Sweetie Pie sang in a girl's group managed by Tina Turner's husband Ike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2020 6:50 PM

Tim Norman and his mom Sweetie Pie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2020 6:50 PM

Taking out a life insurance policy on a teenager who promptly dies. Who would have suspected foul play?

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2020 6:51 PM

Tim was actually the cook for his mother's restaurant.

He seemed halfway normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2020 6:52 PM

I didn't like him. And look at him smiling in his mug shot

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2020 6:54 PM

R6 is that the murdered nephew on the left?

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2020 6:55 PM

He's thoroughly indefensible since he's fugly.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2020 6:56 PM

No, R8.

In this photo, Andre Montgomery is on the far right.

The one you're mentioning is on the far left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2020 6:57 PM

Damn I used to watch this show every once in a while.

Christ, people are just NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2020 6:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 6:59 PM

Relying on an exotic dancer to arrange your murder. What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2020 7:08 PM

[quote] Relying on an exotic dancer to arrange your murder. What could go wrong?

Sounds Classi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2020 7:12 PM

Flying into the city in which your nephew lives the day before he is shot to death and using a burner phone while there—brilliant. Waiting a whole week before trying to collect on the life insurance. Clever.

Surprised he got caught. They must have put Lt. Columbo on the case. Bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 7:14 PM

Reward notices put up in the city.

I wonder if Miss Robbie knew about the killing?

If not, her son is probably now dead to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2020 7:16 PM

It's scary to know another person can take out a life insurance policy in you without your knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2020 7:17 PM

No need for Carmen Sandiego. Helen Keller could’ve figured this one out with her eyes closed. I hope he gets the maximum penalty for this selfish crime. We should start a GoFundMe for the nephew to send him on a nice vacation.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Sweetie Pie's was even on Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2020 7:19 PM

All the drama in one episode!

Both Tim and Andre appear in this OWN episode of "Welcome to Sweetie Pie's."

Can we blame Oprah?

Btw, the skinny nephew is clearly gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2020 7:21 PM

He’s been in all kinds of trouble before this

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2020 7:23 PM

Wow at R20.

Who knew that Tim was such a fucking psycho??

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2020 7:24 PM

Nephew Charles is a total queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote] Tim was actually the cook for his mother's restaurant. He seemed halfway normal.

His mother owned 2 restaurants in St. Louis and opened a 3rd, after the show started. Tim was a manager, not a cook. Tim opened additional locations in other states.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2020 7:38 PM

Poor Andre...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2020 9:15 PM

Oprah must be a loon!!!! She invested heavily in Sweetie Pie.

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2020 11:49 PM

As a viewer of this show when it was on, its really shocking that Tim would do something so unconscionable to his own nephew, when practically all the men in his family died by gun violence in St. Louis. They even dedicated parts of this show to have Ms Robbie painfully recount how Tim's father was murdered back in the day.

The family really did well because of the show, Tim had his own franchises. And he goes and does something like this. I know he's a convict, but damn he is really fucking crazy. Sad.

Very interesting part of this story is that the investigation was a part of Trump's Operation Legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2020 12:57 AM

Tim served ~ ten years prison, previous to this. For what crime, I do not know. Over the past couple of years, Miss Robbie (Sweetie Pie, Tim's mother) sued Tim b/c he was using the "Sweetie Pie" name without authorization.

From watching the show (several years ago), Tim had a sense of entitlement. What his mother owned, he assumed he owned as well. Sweetie Pie did seem bossy, but she was the boss.

I would not have guessed Tim was capable of killing his teenaged nephew for insurance $.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2020 1:13 AM

No more Sweetie Pie restos in St. Louis?

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote] I would not have guessed Tim was capable of killing his teenaged nephew for insurance $.

Same here. This is pretty shocking.

You really never know what people are capable of doing.

I wonder how the family is reacting to this news? His mother must be shocked.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2020 1:24 AM

Is there a chance he killed Marilane Carter too? Any burner phones used nearby the shipping containers at the time of her death?

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2020 1:52 AM

Charles was adorable. I bet he and Ms. Jan are shook to death to learn that Tim is so cold blooded.

Poor Ms. Robbie will probably never recover from this news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2020 2:08 AM

I saw a few episodes of that show. Wasn't Tim always an aggravating and self-centered person? He seemed to annoy his mother many times over.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2020 2:34 AM

r33 he was generally headstrong and he didnt get along with his mother Ms. Robbie. They didn't talk to each other for long periods. His relationship with his baby mama was also part of the show and it was pretty tumultuous. Despite those things, it didn't seem like he would do anything this awful, and would not want harm to come his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2020 3:03 AM

What is the reason in the African American community that people, seems usually to be matriarchs, use the Ms, Miss or Mrs. with their last names to be addressed by? We don’t speak of Ms. Deen or Miss Stewart when we address them?

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2020 3:17 AM

r35, gurllll...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2020 3:25 AM

It's out of respect, r35. We actually use Miss or Ms in front of their first names (Miss Robbie's last name is Montgomery). We also, of course, do the same if we address them by their last names.

Even though this custom is antiquated for many other Americans, it's still the norm for most of us.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2020 3:30 AM

r35 its also a southern thing. Most people who grew up in the south do it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2020 3:45 AM

Southerners call older people by Ms or Miss. you don’t know that?

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2020 3:50 AM

OK, I’m completely confused, Missouri was neither a Union or Confederate state? I really don’t recall studying that during the Civil War at all? So is it part of the South or not?

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2020 3:57 AM

It's a southern thing and, also, an African American thing (showing respect).

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2020 5:49 AM

Some consider Missouri southern

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2020 10:50 AM

[quote] Court records show that Norman tried to collect the life insurance policy on his nephew within a week after his death, but he was unable to collect the money because he wasn’t able to provide certain documents.

SMH

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2020 11:03 AM

Hello?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2020 11:04 AM

[quote] Waiting a whole week before trying to collect on the life insurance. Clever.

I don't see that as very suspect. The life insurance policy was taken out 6 years ago. Most people will file a life insurance claim withing a week or so of death. Now if he had taken the policy out a conspicuously short time before the murder, that would be suspect.

Sounds to me like he may have gotten too deep into a lush L.A. lifestyle and needed money fast. Since he has a history of being criminally minded there's no telling what kind of people he was running with in L.A..

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2020 11:19 AM

"No more Sweetie Pie restos in St. Louis?"

Last time I was there, two Sweetie Pies were still open. The main one in Grand Center and a suburban location in Ferguson. I drove by the Grand Center location on a Sunday morning about 10:45 and there were about 75-100 lined up, waiting for the 11:00AM opening time.

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2020 11:24 AM

[Quote]he was unable to collect the money because he wasn’t able to provide certain documents.

What are the documents they need to have?

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2020 11:27 AM

Well, he did get away with it for 4 years, though he never got the money.

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Dumb as a bag of rocks seems to sum it all up.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2020 12:24 PM

The bigger issue here is demonic evil

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2020 12:27 PM

Many black people in St Louis have southern origins primarily Mississippi and east Tennessee,

by Anonymousreply 51August 20, 2020 12:52 PM

Southern Missouri, especially the bootheel, is basically Mississippi and East Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 52August 20, 2020 1:03 PM

Which is way it’s become a deep red state. Culture matters

by Anonymousreply 53August 20, 2020 1:07 PM

Which is why

by Anonymousreply 54August 20, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] What are the documents they need to have?

Primarily a death certificate. And then the required documents to prove he himself is the actual person noted as beneficiary.

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2020 1:59 PM

Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2020 2:22 PM

I wonder who tipped off the FBI, it had to be someone who knew him well, either the stripper or his ex Jenae

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2020 2:43 PM

I heard a rumor that someone told on him and her for a plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote]OK, I’m completely confused, Missouri was neither a Union or Confederate state? I really don’t recall studying that during the Civil War at all? So is it part of the South or not?

Missouri, along with Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia, was one of the so-called Border States—they were part of the Union but supported slavery,

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Sweetie Pie was an Ikette.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2020 4:09 PM

Exactly, R50.

[quote] Sounds to me like he may have gotten too deep into a lush L.A. lifestyle and needed money fast. Since he has a history of being criminally minded there's no telling what kind of people he was running with in L.A..

Fine, but it takes a certain type of psychopath to kill your own cousin(?) or nephew(?) for money.

Especially one that you claim to have loved and cared about.

I mean, can you just imagine the thought process? "Hey, I need some quick cash. How about we go murder Andre for the life insurance money?"

Because that is honestly the kind of thinking that would have to go on in his head, for him to commit this type of act.

It's just .... beyond.

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2020 4:09 PM

I wonder how this is going to affect the restaurant?

Business might tank after this. Nobody wants to support this kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2020 4:10 PM

Don't worry, R62. I've already taken care of it.

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2020 4:32 PM

r62, black people will support in spite of because of Ms. Robbie, she is like so many other black moms and grandmothers out there. And they also satisfy a niche market so they will do ok. Like Kandi's restaurant. Black people will support soul food restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]Nephew Charles is a total queen!

And his bearding on the show was not very convincing.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2020 5:04 PM

Ain't gonna lie. The buffet at Sweetir Pie's looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2020 5:05 PM

Ms. Sweetie Pie must be plotzing today.

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2020 5:12 PM

It's so disturbing to watch this clip of the two of them discussing Andre's murder while now realizing that his murderer was his own uncle, faking before the cameras like he had nothing to do with it. Poor Miss Robbie is probably stunned and angry beyond belief right about now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2020 5:35 PM

Oprah and Iyanla definitely need to do a special with Ms Robbie and Tim.

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2020 5:42 PM

Imagine taking the trouble to arrange a murder, but NOT taking the trouble to make sure you had the life insurance documents in order first!

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote] [R62], black people will support in spite of because of Ms. Robbie, she is like so many other black moms and grandmothers out there. And they also satisfy a niche market so they will do ok. Like Kandi's restaurant. Black people will support soul food restaurants.

Sweetie Pies is Miss Robbie’s business. Her son is accused of murder for hire. What does her race have to do with customers continuing to support her business.

1. What race of people would not continue to support the business.

2. Restaurant success is much more complicated than soul food restaurant = black people will support it.

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2020 6:38 PM

I don't understand how you can sell / get a $450,000 life insurance policy on a teenager. The premiums must have been very high.

by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2020 6:38 PM

Chilling. Now I wouldn't put it past Tim to off Miss Robbie for his inheritance. Lock him up for good.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote]What does her race have to do with customers continuing to support her business.

It has a lot to do with it because the business is patronized mostly by black people. Yes restaurant success is way more complicated, their whole show documented that very well. But they have a niche they serve.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote] It has a lot to do with it because the business is patronized mostly by black people. Yes restaurant success is way more complicated, their whole show documented that very well. But they have a niche they serve.

Which is why I pointed out that:

Sweetie Pies is Miss Robbie’s business. Her son is accused of murder for hire.

If Robbie were white, blue or green; her customers would continue to support her business. Her son is accused of a crime. She is not.

Your comments are nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2020 6:49 PM

I think Tim's & Miss Robbie's relationship was already fractured, if not broken in half. She had already sued him to get him to stop using the "Sweetie Pie's" name on his businesses. You can bet she asked him to stop, multiple times, before resorting to a court case.

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2020 6:50 PM

Charles, you in danger, girl.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2020 6:52 PM

R68 that's what makes Tim so scary. The fact that he could just sit there and lie to the audience, so very calmly.

Pretending to be comforting his mother, knowing the whole time that he just had his nephew murdered.

[quote] I wouldn't put it past Tim to off Miss Robbie for his inheritance. Lock him up for good.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I read this story. If he could have his nephew killed for money, then he could have his mother killed for money.

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2020 7:07 PM

I'm now going into a rabbit hole watching these clips about Andre. This one is him talking about a car wreck he was involved in, and Charles telling him to watch out for the kind of people he chooses to hang with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 20, 2020 7:11 PM

r75, you should direct your nasty attitude to r62 and not me. r62 was the one who said suggested that the business would tank because of this. I never said it would.

Tim is a part of Ms Robbie's brand, they were on television together for years. So what if it's her business, and not Tim's. Big fucking deal honey. He is still her son and furthermore he had a very visible hand in her business until they went their separate ways.

by Anonymousreply 80August 20, 2020 7:12 PM

And this one is of Charles becoming emotional at Andre's vigil, at 3:21. Damn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 20, 2020 7:15 PM

R61 it’s called desperation

by Anonymousreply 82August 20, 2020 7:27 PM

Andre was the son of Miss Robbie's other son (not Tim, a deceased son). So, Andre was Miss Robbie's grandson. How is Charles related to Miss Robbie?

Yes, it seems like Charles is gay. I didn't know the show featured a purported girlfriend of Charles. Sad that he can't just be himself.

by Anonymousreply 83August 20, 2020 7:28 PM

r83, Charles is Miss Robbie's nephew, her sister Jan's son. Here is Charles talking to his mom

I wonder if that's Charles BF consoling him at the end of the clip @ r81

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 20, 2020 7:35 PM

So what's Tim's damage? Child abuse victim who resents his family for not protecting him and who turned to a life of crime?

by Anonymousreply 85August 20, 2020 7:49 PM

Miss Robbie fucked up on raising her son. She neglected to see he is a sociopath. Is there no father in the picture?

by Anonymousreply 86August 20, 2020 7:55 PM

The father was shot and died.

by Anonymousreply 87August 20, 2020 8:02 PM

Two young mens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 20, 2020 8:05 PM

r85 Tim was sent to prison at 17 years old, I think that fucked him up pretty bad. They visited the prison he was locked up at on the show, he spoke about how horrible the conditions were. It was clearly pretty traumatizing for him and Miss Robbie being separated. Ms. Robbie said she was only 2 months pregnant with Tim when his dad was murdered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Even going to prison at 17 doesn't explain why his nephew's life meant nothing to him. Even to have taken out the policy on his nephew... was this a longstanding plan? If taking out the policy was benevolent, why that particularly nephew?

by Anonymousreply 90August 20, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote] It's scary to know another person can take out a life insurance policy in you without your knowledge.

I don't understand how. I can't even get life insurance for myself.

by Anonymousreply 91August 20, 2020 8:29 PM

"So what's Tim's damage? Child abuse victim who resents his family for not protecting him and who turned to a life of crime? "

Sociopath who's angry that he wasn't making more money out of his reality TV fame? And who's resentful that he hasn't been able to just take over everything his mother has accomplished?

Honestly, I don't think there's any other way to explain someone who'd (allegedly) murder an innocent kid for money.

by Anonymousreply 92August 20, 2020 8:45 PM

Very strange watching these clips how normalized murder is to them.

by Anonymousreply 93August 20, 2020 9:02 PM

Black Pies Matter!

by Anonymousreply 94August 20, 2020 9:09 PM

The problem he had collecting the life insurance may have been that he had no reason to buy it in the first place. You have to have what’s called an ‘insurable interest” in a person to buy insurance on their death. A financial dependence or emotional connection. Otherwise, people could, in effect, place bets on The lives of strangers. I can’t buy life insurance on Madonna.

Wikipedia:

[quote] Legal guidelines have been established in many jurisdictions which establish the kinds of family relationships for which an insurable interest exists. The insurable interest of family members is assumed to be emotional as well as financial. The law allows insurable interest on the presumption that a personal connection makes the family member more valuable alive than dead. Thus, husbands/wives have an insurable interest in their spouse, and children have an insurable interest in their parents (and vice versa). Brothers/sisters and grandchildren/grandparents are also assumed to have an insurable interest in the lives of those relatives. But cousins, nieces/nephews, aunts/uncles, stepchildren/stepparents and in-laws cannot buy insurance on the lives of others related by these connections.

To collect, he probably was asked to provide proof of his financial dependence on his dead cousin (nephew?) and he had nothing.

by Anonymousreply 95August 20, 2020 9:22 PM

So who allowed him to take it out in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 96August 20, 2020 9:24 PM

I cannot go an buy life insurance on my 22 year old nephew or neighbor's son without their knowledge and statement of approval. Otherwise, people would be doing this all the time and offing one another.

by Anonymousreply 97August 20, 2020 9:34 PM

Somebody please check on Joel and Mitzi, all of a sudden I am worried.

by Anonymousreply 98August 20, 2020 9:34 PM

I'm sure that insurance companies have stricter standards for giving out money than for taking it from you.

Plus, if the charges are true, he may have claimed to be the kid's guardian or to have been living with the kid in the application, which of course he couldn't prove later.

by Anonymousreply 99August 20, 2020 9:34 PM

R69, there was an episode of Iyanla filmed around Tim's anger. Apparently things went side ways so the episode never aired.

by Anonymousreply 100August 20, 2020 9:36 PM

Joel is doing well thanks. He has plans to see an outdoor production of La Traviata in Massachusetts this weekend. Not sure what he is up to this afternoon though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 20, 2020 9:36 PM

Someone I have on "ignore" posted at R97 and R98...

by Anonymousreply 102August 20, 2020 9:38 PM

Ex gf had to get RO on Tim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 20, 2020 9:43 PM

I grew up in the hood and I know some of my better off family members did have life insurance for their siblings or cousins who ran the streets. It was not for nefarious reasons, they still cared for them even though they were on crack. They didn't want to be burdened with funeral and burial costs once they got the call that so and so got shot up. Im not an expert on life insurance but Im sure you can get a more modest policy to cover someone's final expenses if needed. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case with Tim, taking out an obscene 450k policy for a young kid.

by Anonymousreply 104August 20, 2020 9:48 PM

R96–When he bought it he may have claimed they were business partners.

by Anonymousreply 105August 20, 2020 10:09 PM

insurance fraud + murder = pre-meditation

by Anonymousreply 106August 20, 2020 11:18 PM

He took out several policies on Andre. Maybe he's done the same re other family members.

by Anonymousreply 107August 20, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote] The problem he had collecting the life insurance may have been that he had no reason to buy it in the first place. You have to have what’s called an ‘insurable interest” in a person to buy insurance on their death.

Insurance is such a scam.

If they know that you won't be able to collect in the future, due to whatever reasons, why do they let people pay into it for years?

Shouldn't that be against the law?

Insurers should let you know right up front, if there's going to be a problem or not. That's so bogus.

by Anonymousreply 108August 21, 2020 12:56 AM

LSA says Tim Norman has birthing hips and that he wears a girdle. Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 109August 21, 2020 12:58 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 21, 2020 1:03 AM

Did he take miles of dick in prison first time around?

by Anonymousreply 111August 21, 2020 1:09 AM

Tim looks like he could be on the DL, R111.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 21, 2020 1:13 AM

Shit. He's got moobs as well.

by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2020 1:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2020 1:14 AM

With some of his thug friends...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2020 1:15 AM

I read that Sweetie Pie was an Ikette but there were a million of them. But Miss Robbie was actually one of the group that recorded and broke off to record under a new name (The Mirettes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2020 1:18 AM

Wow, she looks really pretty there at R116.

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote] The problem he had collecting the life insurance may have been that he had no reason to buy it in the first place. You have to have what’s called an ‘insurable interest” in a person to buy insurance on their death. A financial dependence or emotional connection. Otherwise, people could, in effect, place bets on The lives of strangers. I can’t buy life insurance on Madonna

You used to be able to take out a policy on employees, with Walmart as the beneficiary. Walmart used to do it on their employees. Poor people have a higher risk of dying young. It's called Dead Peasant insurance

They were sued by the deceased employee's families and they say they stopped buying these policies in 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2020 1:36 AM

↑You used to be able to take out insurance on your employees. Walmart used to do it with Walmart as the beneficiary

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2020 2:27 AM

In the end, the insurance company always wins. Not sure how Walmart thought that they'd come out ahead on that, unless they got some kind of huge discount.

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2020 2:32 AM

Another arrest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2020 2:41 AM

Tim Norman is a sicko. Give him the electric chair.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2020 3:28 AM

R115 nothing says “thug” like extended pinky fingers

by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote] Indictment claims Norman conspired with insurance agent to obtain policies

This was a bullet from the article below, but not further elaboration.

[quote] The indictment alleges Norman conspired with Yaghnam to fraudulently obtain insurance policies for his nephew, Andre Montgomery Jr., prior to his death. According to the news release from the DOJ, Norman and Yaghnam made numerous false statements regarding Montgomery’s income, net worth, medical history, employment and family background on three separate applications before ultimately being issued a policy totaling $450,000. Norman was named the sole beneficiary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 22, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote] The indictment alleges Norman conspired with Yaghnam to fraudulently obtain insurance policies for his nephew, Andre Montgomery Jr., prior to his death

Now it makes sense.

I couldn't understand how the insurance agency could issue a policy, which they knew they could never pay out.

by Anonymousreply 125August 22, 2020 1:13 AM

Yaghnam is not the insurance agent. He's a producer (Nelly). The article doesn't elaborate about who the insurance agent was.

by Anonymousreply 126August 22, 2020 1:15 AM

premeditation is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 127August 22, 2020 1:59 AM

Tim looks special in his mug shot. He knew that pic would go national.

by Anonymousreply 128August 22, 2020 4:23 AM

His head looks like an upside down lightbulb 💡

by Anonymousreply 129August 22, 2020 4:34 AM

Welcome to prison freak. Hope you with those extra wide hips get raped repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 130August 22, 2020 10:29 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 131August 23, 2020 6:18 PM

He has a pinhead.

by Anonymousreply 132August 23, 2020 6:28 PM

Was there a reason they chose this nephew? What a fucked up group of people. I watched a couple episodes and Charles was gay as fuck, hopefully he's come out now.

by Anonymousreply 133August 23, 2020 6:50 PM

Let Charles live his life the way he wants. He probably prefers it being something everyone knows but doesn't talk about. Not everyone want to be a Pride flag waving gay like the Queens on DL. That's just not everyone's style to be blunt and out in the open with being gay.

Besides, as a black person you identify more with being black then being gay, that's just the way it is. It's white people who identify so heavily with being gay then gay black people. When your black and gay, being gay is not a top priority of the mind. Your more worried and concerned with issues that affect you as a black person and the culture of being black more then the LGBT community. The LGBT community is looked at as more of a privileged white organization for gay white people than it is something that benefits black gay people etc.

I like Charles, live and let live is how I see it.

R115 All black men aren't thugs either. White people have a really bad habbit of constantly labeling black men things, even when it's not warranted. That's like calling all white men who appear soft faggots, you wouldn't like that one bit.

by Anonymousreply 134August 23, 2020 8:04 PM

r134 You sound like your stuck in 1985, oh and he was pretending to be straight so i guess you're pro-lie

by Anonymousreply 135August 23, 2020 8:07 PM

Charles is free to live his life however he wants. Again, not everyone is a Pride flags waving gay. He doesn't have to live his life to the satisfaction of DL Queens.

Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 136August 23, 2020 8:11 PM

r136 He's trying to wave the straight pride flag and it's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 137August 23, 2020 8:16 PM

I'm getting the sense that Miss Charles is posting here.

1) Condolences on your cousin.

2) You're in denial.

3) Bitch, you're gay. Get over yourself.

4) What do you think of Tim? Are you terrified at the thought that it could have been you?

5) How is Miss Robbie doing? Give her a hug for me.

by Anonymousreply 138August 23, 2020 8:19 PM

[Quote] When your black and gay, being gay is not a top priority of the mind.

That explains the church choir queens who say nothing when the preacher rails against the evils of homosexuality come Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 139August 23, 2020 8:21 PM

[Quote] He doesn't have to live his life to the satisfaction of DL Queens.

Well, he seems to be living his life to satisfaction of dl queens, so...

by Anonymousreply 140August 23, 2020 8:22 PM

R139 The protestant and catholic churches say hey.

by Anonymousreply 141August 23, 2020 8:23 PM

Black churches are protestant, dear...

by Anonymousreply 142August 23, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote] That explains the church choir queens who say nothing when the preacher rails against the evils of homosexuality come Sunday.

Haleluah, praise the lord!

by Anonymousreply 143August 23, 2020 8:34 PM

R137, while I agree with you in principle most poster here seem to be sympathetic to closet cases who marry women and have children. Why go after Charles? At least he has not married or impregnated a woman.

by Anonymousreply 144August 23, 2020 8:46 PM

R139, does it explain white closet case evangelicals who rail against gay people?

by Anonymousreply 145August 23, 2020 9:02 PM

Exactly R145.

by Anonymousreply 146August 23, 2020 9:06 PM

Let's just admit, there's discreet gay shit that goes on in all churches, no matter what color the churches mostly serve. It's in most churches, white black hispanic asian etc.

The church system is corrupt. But I read think the catholic church takes the cake. The history is not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 147August 23, 2020 9:10 PM

[Quote] does it explain white closet case evangelicals who rail against gay people?

Of course not. Self loathing whites don't get to hide behind their skin color to keep the closet alive and... well.

by Anonymousreply 148August 23, 2020 9:11 PM

R135 I wasn't even born yet in 1985, several years later I was.

by Anonymousreply 149August 23, 2020 9:12 PM

R148, Yet the white closet cases receive sympathy here...........

by Anonymousreply 150August 23, 2020 10:06 PM

[Quote] Yet the white closet cases receive sympathy here...........

Who do you have in mind? Matt Gaetz? Aaron Schock?

by Anonymousreply 151August 23, 2020 10:16 PM

Chile please. You queens sitting up here arguing about Charles, while is out here living his best life. Im sure he gets good dick in California or wherever the fuck he lives now.

I know he's glad to be out of St. Louis, thats for sure. We see what happens to black men there. Ms Jan clearly loves him too so she's probably thrilled he's the hell up outta there.

by Anonymousreply 152August 24, 2020 2:45 AM

Tim's older brother, Andre's father, was murdered 20 years ago. Ms. Robbie took on Andre so he could finish high school. She sent her grandson back to California after he finished school, only for Tim to have him killed, much in the same way his own brother died.

Tim was financially strapped at the time that he took out the policy and he was stealing from Ms. Robbie until she fired him. So much loss in this family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 24, 2020 4:05 AM

Is Oprah going to do a special on this?

by Anonymousreply 154August 24, 2020 4:44 AM

That's just crazy, R153.

I hope that OWN makes a movie out of this. It would be fascinating to watch.

So damned tragic.

by Anonymousreply 155August 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Tyler Perry will use this tragedy for a comeback project for his favorite son Jussie Smollet as Tim Norman. Jussie could gain 40 pounds in the hips and play Tim with gusto, it would be a great return!

As crazy as it sounds, it could work and bring in big numbers on OWN.

by Anonymousreply 156August 25, 2020 12:28 PM

No. Jussie should play Andre. It could help rehab his image.

by Anonymousreply 157August 25, 2020 2:33 PM

Jussie as Charles

by Anonymousreply 158August 25, 2020 3:27 PM

[quote] Tyler Perry will use this tragedy for a comeback project for his favorite son Jussie Smollet as Tim Norman. Jussie could gain 40 pounds in the hips and play Tim with gusto, it would be a great return! As crazy as it sounds, it could work and bring in big numbers on OWN.

Smollet was employed by Lee Daniels, not Tyler Perry.

by Anonymousreply 159August 25, 2020 6:38 PM

Tyler Perry was on every news broadcast he could book calling on the Chicago Police to apprehend the racist MAGA hat wearing perps and then got very quiet after Jussie's story started to unravel. It seems that they have a connection to one another.

by Anonymousreply 160August 25, 2020 6:41 PM

Its now floating around the internet that Tim took out a policy on his mom as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 26, 2020 12:58 AM

big booty Tim doesn't stand a chance in prison 🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 26, 2020 1:41 AM

That's just crazy, R161.

To think that he would take out a policy on his own mother, and entertain the thought of killing her for insurance money?

I can't even.

by Anonymousreply 163August 26, 2020 1:45 AM

People are just pawns to him. How would Jussie research such a part? Follow himself around for a year?

by Anonymousreply 164August 26, 2020 2:28 AM

[quote]Jussie could gain 40 pounds in the hips and play Tim with gusto, it would be a great return!

Would not be good for Jussie having a 40 pound backside if he has to go to prison himself 😆

by Anonymousreply 165August 26, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote] How would Jussie research such a part?

By reading his diary.

by Anonymousreply 166August 26, 2020 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!