Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles IS Soldier Boy!

Finally getting his comic book due role by joining the 3rd season of THE BOYS.

But I thought Marvel was courting him for big movies?

by Anonymousreply 167December 26, 2020 3:59 AM

It's a shame that he was never cast as Leon Kennedy in a Resident Evil movie. He would've been awesome in that role.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2020 5:59 PM

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I assume it's his history with Eric Kripke that got him the part. I don't care how he got it, I'm just excited to see him in a new role after watching him be the awesome character Dean Winchester for the last 15 years. It'll be a hoot to hear him curse and be dirty like the rest of the supes on that show.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]But I thought Marvel was courting him for big movies?

It's like when John Manganiello claimed his "True Blood" schedule kept him from big projects. The show has been off the air since 2014 and these huge roles have not materialized.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2020 6:00 PM

Kripke and Ackles have a great relationship and I'm sure that Kripke will make sure he makes sure his buddy is put in the best light possible. I hope the movie roles pour in for JA after he gets his shot on The Boys, which is one of Amazon highest rated shows.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2020 6:13 PM

Hopefully he finally does nudity.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2020 6:15 PM

Its a shame he's too old to play Jason Todd now.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2020 6:17 PM

SPOILERS

[quote]Soldier Boy is a parody of Captain America and supposedly second in command of Payback. He is easily frightened and weak willed. In the first issue of Herogasm he was shown after having sex with Homelander who assured him that it wasn't gay and told him not to speak about it to anyone. Homelander had apparently pressured Soldier Boy into having sex with him by offering the possibility of joining the Seven. He was seen with Payback during the attack on The Boys, where he had his nose bitten off. After his encounter with The Boys, he is shown to be a prisoner of Butcher who is torturing him for information.

[quote]In The Boys #53 it is revealed, that there was another Soilder Boy before him, who was supposed to fight in World War II. The first Soldier Boy was introduced to the young commander Greg Mallory as leader of The Avenging Squad, a parody of the Invaders. Because of Soldier Boy's stupidity and lack of training, both Mallory's soldiers and the Avenging Squad get killed by Germans, Mallory himself is the sole survivor of the incident. When he finds the severely wounded Soldier Boy, who's begging for help, he kills him with a grenade in cold blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 6:21 PM

Jensen plays gay?

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2020 6:23 PM

It's a good landing for him. "The Boys" is a pretty hot show.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Holy shit!!!!!

He’s gonna go near a gay storyline ?????

😳😳😳😳😱😱😱😱

Of course they can erase all of that character history. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2020 7:00 PM

They never really followed the comic book so don't count on him being gay. In comic he was not gay just desperate to be in the A team of heroes so Homelander would fuck him at the hero hedonism event every year just to humiliate him.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2020 7:08 PM

R11 That's hot. I hope they keep it in.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2020 7:11 PM

I hope he has a sexy costume.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2020 7:13 PM

r12 I doubt it will be in there. In the comic there was a weekend where all the heroes go together and just fucked anything and everything. Herogasim I think they called it. In the show they short of changed it to a club where the heroes hung out. The comic was about 1000 times more dirty, and gritty than the show. In the end of the comic Homelander's head is smashed in and his brains are pulled out. Also stormfront was a guy, and a nazi.

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2020 7:14 PM

The comic was way too tryhard edgy, the show smartly toned down the worst impulses of the comic which could veer into silliness.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him getting raped by Homelander at some point though. You can definitely make that work as a powerful scene in the show.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2020 7:29 PM

Why are people surprised Jensen is playing a gay-adjacent role?

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2020 7:31 PM

Did Kripke just out Jensen?

[quote]When I was a child, I had a crazy, impossible dream — to provide Jensen Ackles with gainful employment,” The Boys showrunner Kripke said in a statement. “I’m happy to say that dream has come true. Jensen is an amazing actor, an even better person, smells like warm chocolate chip cookies, and I consider him a brother.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2020 7:31 PM

Link to the 3 pages with Homelander/Soldier boy, pretty tame, they don't even show them fucking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2020 7:32 PM

Playing a character that gets raped != a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2020 7:33 PM

from the same issue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2020 7:34 PM

What a strange comic strip.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been #metoo'ed yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Hot cast.

Will Jensen be the oldest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Kripke needs to recreate this scene with Jensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2020 8:03 PM

R19 It isn't rape, Soldier Boy is clearly closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2020 8:18 PM

r24 yes he is manipulated into letting Homelander fuck him. It drives the plot that Homelander can get away with anything. It is every year at Herogasim. He tells him it is the entrance exam to get in the seven.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2020 10:57 PM

Right. The point of the scene in the comic was that it allowed Homelander to realize that everybody worships the ground he walks on so much that he literally can get away with anything. Even telling this guy who isn't gay to bend over for him because he said so.

It's not about Soldierboy being secretly gay, I don't know where you pulled that from, its supposed to be wow Homelander is a psycho who looks at everyone else as a pawn for his own amusement.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2020 11:14 PM

They said in S1 of The Boys, they filmed Homelander jacking off on top of a building but didn't include it. The sexual abuse of Maeve was referred to but not depicted. Etc. Despite being able to show a lot of violence, the show shys away from showing sex/nudity, it's a big double standard of American culture. Extreme violence is okay but nudity or sex? *Clutches pearls* 'Think of the children!'

I'm even doubtful they will include Soldier Boy's gay stuff. I think Jensen won't sure much skin, he doesn't really have much of a butt anyway. But Chace Crawford did get buff for the role.. so I suppose its possible Jensen could get in superhero shape.

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2020 11:42 PM

Will he grunt his way through his dialogue like he does on Supernatural?

by Anonymousreply 28August 18, 2020 12:02 AM

It's hard to imagine he could ever equal the acting heights he has reached playing such a complex character on "Supernatural."

"Dude! Bro! 'Sup? Dude!"

by Anonymousreply 29August 18, 2020 1:07 AM

R6 let it go already.

by Anonymousreply 30August 18, 2020 3:17 AM

Wow, gotta hand it to this guy. He's been practically a full time actor his entire career.

by Anonymousreply 31August 18, 2020 3:52 AM

R31 that's because half of his career involved playing Dean Winchester 😄

by Anonymousreply 32August 18, 2020 10:02 AM

ALWYS heard he is the gay lad....keeps low profile...hot ass/hole

by Anonymousreply 33August 18, 2020 10:22 AM

Interesting that it's the derided Jared who gets the lead on an (intended) ongoing series, but Jensen gets a bit part from an old friend.

by Anonymousreply 34August 18, 2020 10:25 AM

Ha, that is true R32, but even before Supernatural, he went from Mr. Rhodes to Days to Dark Angel to Dawson's Creek to Still Life almost seemlessly.

by Anonymousreply 35August 18, 2020 12:21 PM

Are the gay rumors just wishful thinking or is there any proof to them?

by Anonymousreply 36August 18, 2020 12:22 PM

The show was way off from the comic. Hughey was Scottish and bald with a goatee. He is tricked into taking the drug that gives the heroes powers. The female has a much larger role, starlight is forced to give Homelander head not The deep. The deep is African American and not at all like the Aquaman character they made him out to be. There are a shit ton more heroes in the comics. Black Noir is a homelander clone who is insane and does terriblet things. This is what drives Homelander. He has visions of him doing horrific things and decides he must have done then and loses his grip on reality - it turns out it was Black Noir but by the time Homelander realizes it , it is too late to turn back.

by Anonymousreply 37August 18, 2020 12:33 PM

[quote] R31 that's because half of his career involved playing Dean Winchester 😄

And?

I don't see anyone bitching about Mariska Hargitay working for 21 seasons on Law & Order SVU, or any other actor who has been on a long-running series.

Jensen should wear "Dean Winchester" as a badge of honor. Most actors are not that lucky, to be employed on a television series for that length of time.

by Anonymousreply 38August 18, 2020 12:44 PM

Not strictly true R27 that they shy away from sex/nudity - there was full-frontal male nudity in Season 1, there were multiple sex scenes. Not sure where you got the impression they shy away from it? Perhaps it's toned down from the comic (I've only read some of them) but they definitely push the envelope.

by Anonymousreply 39August 18, 2020 1:37 PM

R36 wishful thinking from Destiel loons.

R38 then you're missing out. I have seen Mariska (and others) like Ellen Pompeo get shit for staying so long.

by Anonymousreply 40August 18, 2020 2:04 PM

This guy is such a horrible actor. I don't know how anyone can bear to sit through Supernatural. The only one who's worse is Jared. In his youth Jensen was beautiful in the face but never had much of a body. Now he's just another 40 Something bad actor in Hollywood hustling scraps.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2020 2:21 PM

R41 I agree both are not good actors but are pleasant on the eyes which seems to be norm with WB/CW shows which also always run way too long. Supernatural at least has an interesting lore and action that keeps it entertaining but I tuned out a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 42August 18, 2020 2:26 PM

You forgot Smallville, R35.

by Anonymousreply 43August 18, 2020 3:40 PM

They have loyal fans and are probably very professional on set. They shows they have been in aren’t about winning acting awards.

by Anonymousreply 44August 18, 2020 4:26 PM

If he doesn't do nudity then I won't be watching. He can't act his way out of a paper bag and should go back to doing soaps in his old age before he embarrassed himself.

by Anonymousreply 45August 18, 2020 4:31 PM

How did such a piece of shit show stay on air? No justice in a world where such right wing actors profit like that, worst actors in town.

by Anonymousreply 46August 18, 2020 5:48 PM

R46 The WB/CW always drag its shows on too long. Remember Smallville, One Tree Hill, 7th Heaven and Gilmore Girls. Now Supernatural outlasted them all. I have heard of Jensen being right-wing, also Chad Michael Murray, John Schneider, Tom Welling and Brenda Hampton (the creator of 7th Heaven) being Republicans. It seems The WB/CW and Hallmark have a higher tolerance for conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 47August 18, 2020 6:01 PM

R47 Chad Michael Murray is not a right winger, he's a gay ally, dumbass. So is Tom Welling.

by Anonymousreply 48August 18, 2020 6:06 PM

R48 Okay soooo-rrry.

by Anonymousreply 49August 18, 2020 6:11 PM

R48 You can like gay people and still be right-wing and Republican. And playing gay for a role makes little difference as that's just acting. I just heard that about CMM and Welling but neither actually seem very political in general and don't talk about it much. But I know for certain that John Schneider is a Republican and he said he's cool with gays as well.

by Anonymousreply 50August 18, 2020 6:21 PM

[quote] You can like gay people and still be right-wing and Republican.

Ah yes, the old "hate the sin, but love the sinner" thing. Such love really does make gay people feel warm all over.

by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote] How did such a piece of shit show stay on air? No justice in a world where such right wing actors profit like that, worst actors in town.

You mean the Jensen Ackles "right wing actor" who supported Beto O'Rourke for President when he was running, and very recently participated in a political forum with Cory Booker and hosted a drag night at the bar he owns?

That Jensen Ackles?

What exactly is your motivation for being such a liar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2020 7:51 PM

R52 They hate straight white men, it's literally as simple as that. They made the same unbased claims about CMM and Tom Welling, both of which have been very LGBT friendly and left-leaning and have the record to show it. That poster is clearly deranged.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2020 7:58 PM

Jensen is not a republican.

by Anonymousreply 54August 19, 2020 2:13 AM

Jared and Jensen were both getting crap on FB a few days ago for being "Libtards" and ruing their fan pages with politics.

by Anonymousreply 55August 19, 2020 2:21 AM

ruining*

- R55

by Anonymousreply 56August 19, 2020 2:22 AM

[quote] Jensen is not a republican.

Jensen's daddy would punch your lights out for saying that.

Jensen is a republican and so is his good friend, fellow Texan Christian Cane.

by Anonymousreply 57August 19, 2020 3:03 AM

R57 Yes he is. He was outed as a republican back in 2012 when he put his house up for sale. People checked his voting registration details and it came back registered republican.

It is pretty obvious why his PR have been trying to clean up his image lately, especially with regards to the LGBTQ community. He has had a bad reputation with LGBTQ community for almost a decade for his past comments and past anti-gay slurs at conventions.

You mentioned Christian Cane being his friend? What about those Duck Dynasty friends he went into business with a while back, some of the most homophobic people in the industry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 19, 2020 4:15 AM

[Quote] and past anti-gay slurs at conventions.

Is this in reference to Jensen not liking Destiel?

by Anonymousreply 59August 19, 2020 4:19 AM

Famous Conservatives told to pretend to be a Democrat publicly if they want to succeed with career. Looks like someone's management may have had a word with Jensen since Supernatural announced it was ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 19, 2020 4:26 AM

R59 No.

by Anonymousreply 61August 19, 2020 4:28 AM

R60 Danneel probably has some influence on Jensen too.

by Anonymousreply 62August 19, 2020 6:49 AM

[quote] Danneel probably has some influence on Jensen too

Jared and Misha too.

All of Jensen's friends are more Progressives, so maybe they're having an effect on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 19, 2020 10:13 AM

Dataloungers hate straight white, good looking, successful men. That's why Jared & Jensen cop it here.

by Anonymousreply 64August 19, 2020 10:29 AM

And why does Jared hate people in the service industry?

by Anonymousreply 65August 19, 2020 10:43 AM

Which Datalounge are you talking about R64?

by Anonymousreply 66August 19, 2020 11:04 AM

This shit again?

Didn’t he just do a meeting with Corey Booker????

A freaking Democrat????? MJ Hegar was also there. She. Is. Trying. To . Unseat that worthless sack of shit Cornyn.

Pick another point to criticize Jensen. That one is getting very old.

by Anonymousreply 67August 19, 2020 5:57 PM

hi danneel ackles at R67!

nice of you to rehab your right-wing gay husband's image, but he's still a MAGAT!

by Anonymousreply 68August 19, 2020 6:28 PM

[Quote] nice of you to rehab your right-wing gay husband's image,

Gay husband?? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 69August 20, 2020 4:04 AM

No offense to anyone, but I don't see how some of you go through life constantly dividing the world into democrats and republicans.

by Anonymousreply 70August 20, 2020 4:14 AM

OK we get Jensen is a perfect individual with no flaws whatsoever who never even poops or farts!! HE IS AMAZING

by Anonymousreply 71August 20, 2020 4:22 AM

Remember Jensen's DICK flop? He HUNG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 20, 2020 9:17 AM

That's his wallet.

by Anonymousreply 73August 20, 2020 1:46 PM

I like Jensen, but he's too good looking to have a big dick. That's just not the way the big dick gods work.

by Anonymousreply 74August 20, 2020 1:50 PM

That is about as far from verification of sizemeat as I've ever seen R72.

I think if he had a huge one, it would have been leaked by now.

by Anonymousreply 75August 20, 2020 3:59 PM

r60 If that's true then explain Taylor Swift?

by Anonymousreply 76August 20, 2020 4:10 PM

Misha has remarked a number of times on Jensen's small penis.

He even jokes about it at Supernatural conventions, and Jensen seems okay with it.

I've watched all15 seasons of SPN and have never seen a "Jensen bulge" even once.

by Anonymousreply 77August 20, 2020 4:13 PM

An old item was that at a hot tub party where former schoolmates were present, that Jensen stripped naked before getting in the tub. He was reported to be uncut and of average size (flaccid).

by Anonymousreply 78August 20, 2020 5:50 PM

Misha's small penis jibes at Jensen is just typical male banter. Egging each other on.

by Anonymousreply 79August 21, 2020 5:39 AM

I want to see his willy, I've fancied him since his DOOL days.

by Anonymousreply 80August 21, 2020 8:42 AM

[quote] I want to see his willy, I've fancied him since his DOOL days.

Sorry, but you're going to be sorely disappointed.

It's very small.

by Anonymousreply 81August 21, 2020 3:38 PM

Who is Misha?

by Anonymousreply 82August 21, 2020 3:42 PM

His secret gay lover who will soon also be joining the cast of The Boys.

by Anonymousreply 83August 21, 2020 3:57 PM

He has never even shown his ass

by Anonymousreply 84August 21, 2020 3:58 PM

Misha is the guy who plays Castiel on that show.

by Anonymousreply 85August 21, 2020 11:41 PM

Jensen has a puny cocklet.

He likes being humiliated by Misha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 21, 2020 11:48 PM

I doubt Jensen will ever show peen or ass. He's a very reserved guy and is often shy unless the situation/people is already familiar with him. We can surely fantasize though.

by Anonymousreply 87August 22, 2020 3:26 AM

No one under 25 knows who Jensen Ackles is.

Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 88August 22, 2020 3:42 AM

R88 well some of them might know him after this lol

by Anonymousreply 89August 22, 2020 3:58 AM

It's kind of sweet that so many gay people are willing to overlook Jensen's strong homophobia just because he's handsome. It means there is hope for other homophobes to be given a pass who aren't quite so good looking.

by Anonymousreply 90August 23, 2020 2:51 AM

R90 half of these comments are probably from SPN fans.

by Anonymousreply 91August 23, 2020 3:44 AM

I present to you Exhibit A: R90.

This is why that asshole, thirsty Collins is hated by many in the fandom.

Collins is the reason Jensen started being called a homophobe. Jensen has stated multiple times that destiel is never going to happen, that is not the show and that Dean is NOT gay.

There was a convention where some stupid bitch of a crazy fan asked Jensen about Dean and Castile, that is where Jensen said it would never happen. The same question was asked to that asshole Collins and instead of saying it wasn’t going to happen, and to kill any further discussion, like Jensen had just done earlier, he had the temerity, even though he’s just a third rate actor, to say that he would have to speak to Jensen about that! Like, what the fuck dude?

He eggs on his stupid fans because he needs for them to keep harping on that pairing to keep him relevant and to keep him on the show. Of course now the show is ending so it’s all moot now. His fans are truly batshit.

They went berserk over the last 7 episodes poster that came out where it was just Sam and Dean. They kept harping about where the angel was. Who. The. Fuck. Cares.

That’s why I hate Collins and his idiotic fans. Jensen a homophobe? Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 92August 23, 2020 6:01 AM

R92 MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 93August 23, 2020 6:32 AM

Experienced cock sucker.

by Anonymousreply 94August 23, 2020 6:41 AM

R93 = the crazy Misha Collins hater.

by Anonymousreply 95August 23, 2020 6:51 AM

why do the smallville cast at comic cons look so dumb? drunk or stoned, they seem pitiful

both supernatural boys really cock sukkers? thought so

specially gay soundin jason carbunkle ackles.

by Anonymousreply 96August 23, 2020 7:33 AM

R95 nope

R96 sounds like you're the one that's stoned.

by Anonymousreply 97August 23, 2020 7:42 AM

R92 Perfect example of an unhinged SPN hater. Knows everything about the show including conventions and what goes on at them.

Complete nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Nope, try again, R98.

I happen to like the show.

I was just trying to explain why Collins is a thirsty asshole and why he is hated in the fandom by some people.

I love this show and happen to,think that Sam and Dean are the most important characters. End. Of.

by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2020 4:55 PM

R99, So what? Do you think any show could last fifteen seasons with two people only, and every other cast member gets killed off or leaves the show somehow? This show would have been gone years ago if not for bringing in Collins as eye candy and then Calvert when the others started aging out of that range.

It’s not just a fantasy show, real life people have to work on it and they occasionally need or want time off for personal reasons. Ackles and Padalecki took time off when their kids were born.

Collins was there in large part so the other two don’t have to be on screen every minute. It’s hard for two people to carry a show alone. If one of the two breaks a leg or something, and there’s no other permanent characters, they have no show. Most shows have a lot larger permanent cast.

Actors get categorized according to how many episodes per season they do. Collins talked about that a long time ago. When you’re over a certain number of episodes (I think he said it was seven) , they’re basically buying your availability for the season, they get first dibs on you. If they have you on two or three episodes a season, they don’t have first dibs on you and you can take jobs elsewhere. They couldn’t get Jeffrey Dean Morgan back for years because he got jobs elsewhere and wasn’t going to block out a hole in his schedule to appear in one or two episodes. It wasn’t worth it unless he was already free. And he wasn’t. Same with the “Bobby” actor. He took other jobs and then they couldn’t get him back for a long time. That affects the scripts and storyline for the whole season. If you don’t offer actors enough episodes to make it worth their while, they’re gone.

People who complain because they brought in additional cast aren’t thinking about what it’s like to have to be on screen almost the entire show, every show with no break. You have to have other full time cast members or there’s nobody to share the burden. It’s too risky, there’s too much likelihood one of the two main characters could be temporarily incapacitated and then the whole crew gets laid off until they’re back.

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2020 11:38 PM

R100 well said 👏

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2020 3:17 AM

Keep in mind that Jensen comes from good Republican Christian Right homophobe stock which is far more palatable to American DLers than the filthy Communist Jew antecedents of Misha Collins.

by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2020 5:54 AM

4 Things You Should Know About Soldier Boy Before His Debut on The Boys

Supernatural is almost over, but Jensen Ackles already has his next role lined up, joining The Boys as Soldier Boy in the upcoming third season. So who is Soldier Boy, exactly, and what was he like in the comics? From the sound of things, he's a pretty colorful character, even though he's not one of the "main" superheroes. These are the four things you should know about the comic version of Soldier Boy - spoilers ahead, obviously!

1. He's Basically a Parody of Captain America A serum-enhanced super-soldier, originating in WWII, with a patriotic theme and a clean-cut, morally superior persona - it's pretty clear that Soldier Boy is an exaggerated parody of Captain America. In the comics, he's notably more old-fashioned and naive than the rest of the superheroes, refusing to engage in swearing, casual sex, and the other hedonistic behavior that his colleagues embraced. He also takes the whole "patriotic hero" thing to a hilariously over-the-top level, frequently spouting off cheesy, faux-patriotic lines or using a running list of American states as a "battle cry." Because of his squeaky-clean persona, he's elected the leader of a team called Payback, which also includes Stormfront (who arrives in the TV version in season two), but he longs to join The Seven.

2. His Powers Are Mostly Physical One of the biggest differences between Soldier Boy and Cap is the latter's heart. Basically, Soldier Boy is a deconstruction of all the outward traits of Captain America and similar characters, but without the sharp tactics and the big heart. The first Soldier Boy, who fought during WWII, was given superpowers through an experimental serum called Compound V. As a result, he gained strength and enhanced reflexes, as well as a healing factor that allows him to keep fighting even after sustaining injuries that would take down a normal human. He's not, however, immortal or totally immune to harm.

3. He's a Legacy Character That healing factor helps with the ruse that Soldier Boy is one person who's been aging superslowly since the 1940s. In fact, there have been multiple Soldier Boys. The original's lack of intelligence and heart proved to be his doom: he made a selfish, bad call that led to his camp being discovered by the Germans and his entire team, except him and the future founder of The Boys, being killed. Although the superhero community keeps up the pretense that he's a long-lived WWII vet, the title is actually a legacy. The present-day Soldier Boy - the one Ackles will presumably be playing - is actually the third Soldier Boy.

4. He Has a Creepy History with One of The Seven The most headline-grabbing part of Soldier Boy's arc, though, is his history with Homelander (who is basically a dark parody or deconstruction of Superman). During an annual event that brings superheroes together for a week of debauchery, drugs, and sex, Soldier Boy is tricked into having sex with Homelander under false pretenses: he believes that he's undergoing a recruitment test to join The Seven, while Homelander knows perfectly well that's not the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 26, 2020 10:53 PM

Apparently, Jensen got very far in the casting for Captain America before losing to Chris Evans. However, Marvel like to keep tabs when other roles come up, so offered him Renner's role of Hawkeye, which he declined due to "scheduling conflicts" with Supernatural.

Sebastian Stan also lost out on Captain America and got Bucky. While Hawkeye is kind of a dud as played by Renner, you gotta wonder whether it might have been better and given an expanded role with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 104August 26, 2020 11:02 PM

Make you wonder what would have happened if he got the role. SPN definitely would have ended around season 5 as originally intended with just the sad ending.

by Anonymousreply 105August 26, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote]Make you wonder what would have happened if he got the role. SPN definitely would have ended around season 5 as originally intended with just the sad ending.

Yeah, the timing would have been almost exact. Captain America was released in 2011, so must have filmed in 2010, Supernatural's 5th season.

I wonder if doing a parody of Captain America is an intentional FU to Marvel or a happy karmic coicidence.

by Anonymousreply 106August 26, 2020 11:34 PM

both are well known phobes, hiding their bi or homo tendencys.....no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 107August 27, 2020 4:22 AM

R107 sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 108August 27, 2020 7:03 AM

r103 FYI Stormfront is a woman in the show. In the comic he was a Nazi - the first recipient of Compound V.

by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote]Yes he is. He was outed as a republican back in 2012 when he put his house up for sale. People checked his voting registration details and it came back registered republican. It is pretty obvious why his PR have been trying to clean up his image lately, especially with regards to the LGBTQ community. He has had a bad reputation with LGBTQ community for almost a decade for his past comments and past anti-gay slurs at conventions. You mentioned Christian Cane being his friend? What about those Duck Dynasty friends he went into business with a while back, some of the most homophobic people in the industry.

I absolutely believe that you're right about his people trying to clean up his image.

Years ago on one of the Supernatural threads there was a post from someone who claimed to work for the same talent management company that manged Ackles. That post was incredibly articulate and very, very believable. It said that Ackles had been lectured over and over about his comments pertaining to gay men and that if he wanted to make the leap to the big screen after Supernatural he had to clean up his perceived homophobia. He also was told to downplay his Republicanism and encouraged to use his wife to do both. He was cautioned that if he didn't, big directors and casting agents simply wouldn't work with him.

That post was written at least a year before Jensen starting watching what he said and backing a few select Democratic candidates. In photos with his wife, Misha and MJ Hegar, Jensen looks so uncomfortable that it's palpable. And come on! No one who's cool with gays is going to go into business with the goddamn Duck Dynasty people.

I will never believe it.

by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2020 8:02 PM

I remember that comment, R110!!! Your right, it was very believable and obvious that it was real. Jensen wife has done all the main work, talking the Dems up and putting the Rainbow Flag on her Instagram. Jensen just kinda hangs back and goes along and doesn't say much. And he always looks like hes sucking on a lemon at those functions for LGBT or Dems!!!

by Anonymousreply 111September 11, 2020 8:48 PM

Why in fuck would they put him on this show?

I like this show and this dude can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 112September 11, 2020 9:23 PM

The only reason Jensen got anywhere was his pretty boy looks which appealed to gays and teen girls.

How did Dee put up with him on DOOL?

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2020 10:06 PM

Lol, the only worse actor on tv is his costar. He's so wooden, it makes you wonder how the hell he became an actor. He's not that cute.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2020 11:35 PM

‘The Boys’ Showrunner on Weekly-Release Backlash: ‘It’s Not Fun to See Bad Reviews on a Thing People Actually Love’

In the first week since its release, Season 2 of Amazon’s “The Boys” has a received a 97% “fresh” rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and a 2.7 star rating (out of 5 possible stars) from users on Prime Video. While those numbers clearly don’t seem compatible, if you look at the actual reviews being left on the show’s home platform, you’ll see the reason behind the discrepancy has less to do with Season 2’s quality and more to do with the quantity of episodes that viewers have been given to start with.

“OKAY SERIOUSLY!!!… NO FULL SEASON AVAILABLE?!?!?!?!?!?! I give up, where is my Netflix!” one person wrote in their 1-star review.

“This is 2020…. we don’t want staggered releases of episodes !! what a shame, I was looking forward in watching it.. now I’ll just skip it and wait for it to be cancelled, then I can watch them all without any interruptions,” another 1-star giver said.

Yes, some fans — like the ones above — are mad that “The Boys” dropped its first three Season 2 episodes on Sept. 4, and is rolling out its remaining five on a weekly basis, rather than dumping the whole season at once, as the series did when it debuted last summer. And so these viewers are taking their anger out on the Prime Video series by “review bombing” it.

While “The Boys” showrunner Eric Kripke understands why fans like these are frustrated, he doesn’t understand “why you would harm something you love” just because you don’t like how it’s being released.

“I get that people are disappointed and, frankly, looking back, we thought that we were communicating that we were weekly,” Kripke told TheWrap Wednesday. “Clearly, in hindsight, we had to do a lot more than we did to make sure that people weren’t surprised and disappointed. I would have done that differently. I mean, again, we announced it. But we should have neon-signed it on everything, clearly.”

(To be clear, Amazon Prime Video revealed the show’s second season would be released weekly when it announced the premiere date back in June.)

“So I get that people are disappointed, but I think one thing they need to understand is, this is not like a corporate, Amazon money grab — this was from the producers. We wanted this. It was a creative choice. So they may like it or not like it, but they have to at least respect that the people who are making the show wanted it to be released this way because we wanted to have time to sort of slow down a little bit and have conversations about everything. So they at least have to appreciate that it was a creative choice.”

Kripke continued: “And then second, like, why you would harm something you love because you’re disappointed with how it’s being released is not awesome for me. We’re fine, and it’ll be fine, but it’s not fun to see bad reviews on a thing people actually love. Like, that doesn’t make the people who make the show feel good. I’ll say that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 12, 2020 1:48 AM

R114 Jared was cute in the early SPN days. And he's a good fit for the Texas Walker reboot (which is obviously going to be terrible).

by Anonymousreply 116September 12, 2020 2:35 AM

He looks like a mongoloid these days, r114. His looks have totally changed.

And not for the better.

by Anonymousreply 117September 14, 2020 12:13 AM

The showrunner has confirmed that the show won't be doing a certain infamous Soldier Boy storyline(You know the one where Solider Boy so desperate to be in The Seven that he thinks in order to audition that he has sex with Homelander)

by Anonymousreply 118October 13, 2020 3:57 AM

Well, then what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 119October 13, 2020 3:59 AM

R119 Because the showrunner confirmed that they are going to be doing a version of the Herogasm story for season 3 but won't be that part of the story.

by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2020 4:27 AM

R118 shocker

by Anonymousreply 121October 13, 2020 4:38 AM

isnt he the repug?

by Anonymousreply 122October 13, 2020 7:37 AM

R122 not lately.

by Anonymousreply 123October 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Sorry, I think he's still a Rethug. He's in business with the Duck Dynasty idiots. No way he's not a Rethug.

by Anonymousreply 124October 14, 2020 2:09 AM

R124 his wife is trying to help overhaul that image.

by Anonymousreply 125October 14, 2020 3:54 AM

So he can get work in Hollywood R125, now that Supernatural has come to an end. I think he's still a Republican just as his wife is and that it's all an act.

by Anonymousreply 126October 14, 2020 4:09 AM

R126 exactly and only time will tell how well that works out for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 14, 2020 11:51 AM

What the fuck is he wearing in R127's picture???? Sweet Jesus, I hope that's some kind of costume . . . but I don't think it is.

by Anonymousreply 128October 14, 2020 2:37 PM

R128 it's a choice 😄

by Anonymousreply 129October 14, 2020 2:45 PM

Danneels hair is clown like anyway so his outfit doesn’t stand out.

by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2020 4:42 AM

At one time, he would've been perfect for Active Duty.

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2020 4:48 AM

I always imagine him grunting and taking a satisfying huge poop.

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2020 4:49 AM

R124 He is not in business with the Duck Dynasty idiots. They were locals in Austin, whom they had gotten to know through JARED and Genevieve. They had a food truck business they were starting up. Jensen and Danneel were opening Family Business and they needed a food option. It was Louisiana food, Danneel and her family are from Louisiana. They were only there temporarily. They aren't anymore and haven't been for quite some time. I believe FBBC makes their own food now, I know they do pizzas. Most people in the country do know people and interact with people who are Republicans, they even do business with them. Hell there are millions of Democrats in this country who eat at Chik Fil A.

You can repeat and repeat it, but none of it makes it true. Jensen's been involved, he's not an activist but hell he's probably done more than most of you have in actual fact, he's been involved in voting rights charities this year, he's been involved in calls with Democratic congressman(it helps that Cory Booker is a huge fan of the show:)), he and Danneel have tried help show some support towards black owned businesses, he's been involved in LGBT fundraisers for years now.

He's talked about it, he just talked about it in an interview just within the last few days, maybe it was the Glamour interview, about how having kids made him feel like he had to get more involved, etc. But somehow reasonable normal emotions are unknown to some of you. It happens to a lot of people that way. They have kids, start thinking more about the world they want them to live in and it goes from there.

by Anonymousreply 133October 16, 2020 5:22 AM

R121 It shouldn't be a shocker.

Kripke said from the start Jensen was playing a version of the FIRST Soldier Boy. That Soldier Boy never had sex with Homelander to begin with. Only instead of killing him off in WWII like in the comic, he's going to live to the modern age, which they've already established some Supes have super slow aging because Stormfront was also originally from the WWII era.

So anyone who paid even a little bit of attention to what Kripke actually said when the character was announced would know Jensen's Soldier Boy was never the Soldier Boy who had sex with Homelander.

Also what is this "Yay gay rape!" because the Soldier Boy who had sex with Homelander was Harvey Weinsteined into doing it and wasn't actually gay himself. He was an absolute idiot though. He was asking Homelander "This doesn't mean I'm gay right?" I'd hardly call it positive representation.

Please explain what is homophobic about not having a gay coerced sex scene that is purely about power politics with Homelander using the second Solder Boy's hero worship and desperation to get into The Seven to coerce him into sex? The first Soldier Boy having spent decades as the preeminent Supe before "dying" is not going to coerced into having sex, he's the legend in this scenario. He's is a threat to Homelander's supremacy, a rival. The character is very different.

by Anonymousreply 134October 16, 2020 5:40 AM

R110 You are absolutely correct. He has been forced to clean up his homophobic, Republican image.

I am not so sure everyone is buying it certainly not the LGBTQ community. He has been absolutely crucified this past week all across the internet and social media with people branding him homophobic over his recent reaction to Cas telling Dean he loved him. Many pointed out how disgusted Jensen looked doing that scene and that he couldn't even hide his homophobia in character.

Like I say he's been crucified with people also making memes mocking his homophobia.

I actually stopped watching the show years ago because of him and his homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 135November 12, 2020 1:25 AM

Anyone who knows anything about Texans knows that Jensen has had more cum up his ass than Erna.

by Anonymousreply 136November 12, 2020 1:29 AM

R136 One can certainly speculate about that. One thing is clear, the man is a homophobe and it's something that's dogged his career for almost a decade and still continues to do so despite his management and wife trying to clean up his image.

by Anonymousreply 137November 12, 2020 1:44 AM

So I’ll tell you again, all you hateful motherfuckers, why Collins is loathed by a large segment of fandom.

That asshole supposedly knew 3 months in advance of how the putrid, hack writers were going to end his story. Jensen did not.

Where the fuck do the writers come off telling that asshole how his arc is going to end and fail to tell Jensen?? He went into the scene literally blind.

Now because of how Dean reacted they, once again, calling him a homophobe. What was Dean supposed to say or do?

DEAN IS NOT BI OR GAY, NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE.

Collins will never work in the industry again. His toxic, crazed, deluded fans have poisoned him for always. NO ONE will want to bring those vicious, demanding, pathetic fans into their shows.

by Anonymousreply 138November 12, 2020 1:48 AM

blah blah blah

Ackles is to blame for his own stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 139November 12, 2020 4:20 AM

Take your meds R138

You may also need to take your personal projections elsewhere.

The only toxic element are people like your good self who peddle these unfounded and unhinged declarations.

by Anonymousreply 140November 12, 2020 6:01 AM

R136 i think you've been reading too much fanfic.

R138 why would fans of this show care what you think about Misha??

by Anonymousreply 141November 12, 2020 6:09 AM

R138 is the insane anti-Misha Collins troll. Tell me again, R138, how many homes have you raised money for and help build in Haiti?

by Anonymousreply 142November 12, 2020 12:48 PM

It’s my understand that Ackles did know what was going to happen in that scene in advance. He wasn’t told at the exact same time as Misha was, but he did know far enough in advance to be prepared.

If Misha was told at a different time, that would be the showrunner’s choice, not Misha’s. So why are people attacking Misha and not the show runner, who would actually be responsible? It’s weird to assume Misha told himself, and not that somebody in charge of the show decided who to tell when. Like their boss.

All of this goes back to homophobic people that hate Misha’s character because they thought he was gay. So they blame Misha for anything that happened with his character or the other characters, as if Misha was running the show and personally chose everything that happened on the show.

Whatever Misha said publicly, he was not in charge of anything that actually happened, he was an actor on the show, like Jensen or anybody else. He was not in control of storylines. If you don’t like the storylines, blame management, not the employees. They were all just actors reading lines, and if they refused to read them as is, they could be sued for breach of contract and fired. So whatever they did in the show is what they were told to do. If the show runner didn’t like it, they would have had it reshot. Put the blame where it lies.

About The Boys, there are definitely gay scenes written in the original text with Jensen’s new character. They may choose to write those out, they may choose to tone them down but make some reference to them happening off camera. Or they may eventually choose to show more than people think after a while. It’s cable, they can do what they want. This is where we find out what Jensen has in his contract. He’s been around a long time, probably knows how to negotiate a contract, and if he negotiated those scenes out, he won’t have to do them. The proof will be on the screen, one way or the other. I think Kripke really wanted to use him, but if they have to re-write the entire character to suit him, it won’t take long to find out. And fans of the original comic will be furious and complain loudly, so it’s not like we won’t know.

If it has to be re-written, it’s miscast as a favor to Jensen. They better have some good writers to put a new persona in place that can blend with the others, or they’re going to have a problem. If the other actors find out Jensen is given more influence over his character and storylines than they are, because he’s homophobic, we’ll never hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2020 2:38 PM

[Quote] About The Boys, there are definitely gay scenes written in the original text with Jensen’s new character. They may choose to write those out, they may choose to tone them down but make some reference to them happening off camera.

I definitely think they'll tone it down.

by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2020 10:07 PM

The producers have already said that that particular storyline (where the dude gets tricked into sex) will NOT be the storyline for this version of Soldier Boy.

They’re going in another direction.

by Anonymousreply 145November 12, 2020 11:52 PM

"About The Boys, there are definitely gay scenes written in the original text with Jensen’s new character. "

R143 No there aren't. This has been explained. THAT Soldier Boy was the second or third Soldier Boy. Jensen is playing the FIRST Soldier Boy. So even the his Soldier Boy was written exactly as portrayed on the page(which very few of the character are so I don't know why his would be) , his would NOT be the Soldier Boy who was coerced into sex by Homelander.

They didn't have re-writer anything for his character because that was never his character. He's an entirely different guy, the guy who originated the hero name Soldier Boy back in WWII. Not the one Homelander has sex with.

I love people who who act like they know exactly what they are talking about and then get pretty much everything wrong. Kripke said from the start he was playing the original Soldier Boy. It's not his or Jensen's fault people are idiots, don't pay attention and don't even the slighted bit of actual research.

by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2020 12:00 AM

How are they explaining he’s playing a character from the past? Is he 100 years old? Or they’re writing it as if the future Soldier Boys never happen?

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2020 12:05 AM

He talks like he is taking a huge poop in supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2020 12:23 AM

R148 going to hell will do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 149November 13, 2020 12:58 AM

R147 Do you expect them to give away the whole plot before the show even airs? There were things in the show in Season 2 that hint at it though, besides Kripke and Jensen both actually saying he's going to from that era. Jensen explained how when he was going for his first costume fitting, the wardrobe person mentioned all the characters have a playlist and they decided on 1940's songs because that is the era Jensen's Soldier Boy originates in.

We already had Storm Front/Liberty Girl from that same era in Nazi Germany, so we know that sometimes Compound V causes delayed/slowed aging. As such its entirely possible that Soldier Boy can be over a 100 years old. The show has actually shown us his birth and "death dates" - 1910 to 1982, so in fact he's a 110. :)

I don't know if there will be any legacy Soldier Boys but it doesn't really matter, Jensen is playing the original WWII era Soldier Boy.

Also what I mean by "that has been explained" is that people who DO pay attention have explained it, not specifically Kripke, but he has given enough information to know it, most specifically that Jensen is playing the original Soldier Boy, "the first Supe", which he said from the start. Doesn't take very much research at all to find out that the character Homelander sleeps with is NOT the original Solder Boy.

by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2020 2:06 AM

Current cast members talk about Jensen joining the show...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2020 6:25 AM

I really hope that Jensen does the gay scene.

That would be SO hot.

by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2020 12:53 PM

Jensen is going to knock this out of the park.

He has done versions of Soldier Boy on Supernatural, so I already know how he is going to play this.

No wonder Kripke wanted him for the role.

by Anonymousreply 153December 18, 2020 3:46 PM

R152 i wouldn't hold my breath.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2020 4:16 AM

Hasn't Jensen played gay before, R154?

I think he has, but I don't remember when.

by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2020 7:06 PM

R155 i think he played a bi character but i don't see him doing that again. Not after SPN.

by Anonymousreply 156December 19, 2020 10:15 PM

Jensen is a terrible actor, R153. He might've been good looking when he was younger; however, he is not a talented actor.

by Anonymousreply 157December 23, 2020 8:15 AM

R157 he's fine when playing a smart ass, like the early seasons of SPN and Dark Angel.

by Anonymousreply 158December 23, 2020 9:34 AM

He talked like he was taking a huge poop in Supernatural. I think that is the reason there are so many scat fanfics written about him.

by Anonymousreply 159December 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Has Jensen ever done any nudity? Or Jared?

by Anonymousreply 160December 23, 2020 10:09 AM

R160 no, just shirtless scenes.

by Anonymousreply 161December 23, 2020 10:26 AM

Jensen would never do nude.

His penis is too small.

I have NEVER seen a bulge on him during the entire 15 years of Supernatural.

Even Misha referred to his small dick.

Poor guy. Handsome as fuck, but a Princess Tiny Meat.

by Anonymousreply 162December 23, 2020 5:26 PM

[Quote] Even Misha referred to his small dick.

Because Misha never trolls. He's probably average, like most men.

by Anonymousreply 163December 23, 2020 9:43 PM

Big or small? You'll be the judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 25, 2020 12:46 PM

Rofl R164.

So sad that an average sized cock had to be photoshopped into his crotch!

by Anonymousreply 165December 25, 2020 4:42 PM

I want to see Jensen naked in bed with Jared Padalecki.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 166December 25, 2020 8:48 PM

R166 stick to fanart.

by Anonymousreply 167December 26, 2020 3:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!