Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Never-before-seen Keanu Reeves 1986 audition tape leaks

“Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” fans get excited. Leaked screen tests from 1986 reveal a baby-faced Keanu Reeves (Ted) and young Alex Winter (Bill) auditioning for the titular roles. The never-before-seen footage shows the men vie for their parts against some formidable competition.

“There were lots of people auditioning,” an anonymous insider told DailyMail.com.

Notable actors in the video are comedian Pauly Shore from “Bio-Dome,” Matt Adler from “Teen Wolf” and Gary Riley from “Stand by Me.” However talented the actors might be, the insider who worked on set said Reeves was always the first choice.

“Keanu, from the beginning, it was clear that this guy was head and shoulders above the rest,” the source told DailyMail.com. “We always knew Keanu would be Ted Theodore Logan. Then Alex and Keanu kind of picked each other.”

The source said the actors became friends in the waiting room one day and started hanging out before they were even cast together.

In the leaked footage, Reeves and Winter each read the script with different actors for a screen test. However, it isn’t until the two are paired together that the magic really happens.

“They were an absolute joy to work with, it was a huge amount of fun making the picture. We had an excellent time,” the insider said. “Keanu was the leader and Alex followed. They ad-libbed a lot and really vibed together.”

The third installment of the cult classic will drop in theaters and on-demand on August 28. “Bill & Ted Face The Music” will follow the time-traveling rockers as they attempt to write a song that will save the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2020 7:19 PM

Keanu and Alex were both adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2020 8:24 PM

I'm convinced Keanu had some plastic surgery after Bill & Ted. He was already in his mid-20's when that was filmed, so he already went through puberty. Something about his nose & jawline changed.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2020 8:31 PM

Keanu was 25 years old, R2.

He was already old, even though he was playing someone in high school.

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2020 8:56 PM

Keanu managed to graduate into a mainstream Hollywood career after his 80s teen idol stage which is impressive. John Wick and all the internet memes made him still relevant today. The only other thing I have seen Alex in was The Lost Boys.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2020 9:14 PM

Keanu always did it for me. 30 years later he still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2020 9:32 PM

Keanu was at his peak hotness as Neo in "The Matrix."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2020 9:35 PM

Can’t act

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2020 9:37 PM

Does Keanu really have bad body odor?

That seems to be the rumor.

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2020 9:38 PM

Eurasian. No, Eurasian!

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2020 9:42 PM

R9 To be honest, I don't know how he was able to ever pass for white. He always looked mixed race. But apparently a lot of people are surprised to find out he is part Chinese and Hawaiian.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2020 9:43 PM

I do respect him also for refusing to change his name. His agent wanted him to get a more "white" name but he refused and stuck with his Hawaiian first name.

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2020 9:43 PM

Nelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2020 9:50 PM

I'm mixed but somehow didn't end up as hawt as Keanu.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2020 9:53 PM

Needs to lay off the botox though. His fsc looks like a wax figure in the bill and ted trailer

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2020 9:56 PM

Sure he's not a good actor but he's cute as hell and has a sense of humor. So he stays. He was mega pretty when younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2020 9:59 PM

Doesn't look too bad now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2020 10:00 PM

He's aging badly. Years of partying will do that to a person.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2020 10:03 PM

I think he could still look good, R17.

All he has to do his cut his hair and shave his stupid beard.

It's like Keanu is purposely trying to look horrible.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2020 10:09 PM

It’s neat how Keanu and the Tilly sisters managed to forge careers playing white characters in Hollywood all while having very Asian features.

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2020 10:10 PM

He was so gorgeous in Dracula that even his terrible accent and bad acting didn't distract me. That movie in general was so pretty that all the flaws could be overlooked. Gary Oldman stole the show of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2020 10:11 PM

He was never hotter than he was in both Point Break and Speed.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2020 10:11 PM

R4 Alex was in a 1990-s movie called Freaked which is fucking hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 10:11 PM

🎵Rush, Rush🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 10:16 PM

R19 I remember watching this 1982 movie Tex starring Matt Dillon, Emilio Estevez and Meg Tilly. It's set in some community on the rural outskirts of Tulsa. Meg plays the love interest who is intended to be this all-American white girl. But she looked clearly half-Asian and I know in racist-ass Oklahoma she may have not have blended in easily. Maybe she was written to be part-Native American? Meg is beautiful though and her beauty was on par with young Matt Dillon's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2020 1:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2020 1:32 AM

He was sex on a stick in Much Ado About Nothing as the evil Don Jon.

He's never been a great actor, although I think his way of acting worked for him in Speed and The Matrix which were probably his two biggest movies. And even a little in Point Break as an uptight FBI agent undercover as a surfer.

Keanu is one of those people that has survived as long as he has as an actor because more than his looks it seems that everyone has loved working with the guy. He's just a genuinely nice person by all accounts. I remember once on Twitter there was an absolutely massive thread about people who met him or dealt with him and everyone had lovely things to say. Nobody has forgotten him giving away 75 million dollars to the crew of the Matrix because he didn't care about the money. That is truly an absolutely insane amount.

Being easy to work with can take you a long way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2020 1:57 AM

That has to be someone else or a photoshop, R25. I've never seen him look like that.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2020 1:59 AM

R26 Being easy to work is important to getting ahead. Or sleeping with tons of people (like J Lo).

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Great chemistry on screen and off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2020 2:32 AM

I feel if River had lived, he would have retired early after fulfilling all his contractual obligations. He would pursued music and became a real activist/philanthropist. Despite his talent, he was one of those kids forced into stardom by a stage mother and he clearly hated Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2020 2:36 AM

Keanu isn't really Hollywood either but he really seems to love acting and did a lot of stage shows and Shakespeare. He is enthusiastic and loves the work of being an actor. He doesn't seem to do it just for fame and clout and attention.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 2:38 AM

R24, good points. I haven't seen Tex in a while but I love SE Hinton so I think I may watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2020 2:45 AM

I think good examples of white-passing Eurasians would be Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Phoebe Cates, Dean Cain and Brandon Lee.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2020 2:53 AM

Keanu kissing some guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 13, 2020 3:01 AM

This is from the stageplay Wolfboy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2020 3:01 AM

Wow, that's hot at R35.

Looking at those pictures, I get the distinct impression that Keanu has been anally penetrated by another man, at least once or twice.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2020 4:40 AM

Unless they’re both naked I don’t want to watch the video at OP’s link

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2020 5:25 AM

miss r37 has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2020 5:26 AM

Dean Cain has never been white passable to me. He actually looks more Asian than Keanu. I was surprised to learn that they picked someone who looked Asian to play Superman over the very Anglo Kevin Sorbo, who was also a contender for Lois and Clark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2020 4:56 PM

They also casted Kristin Kreuk to play Lana Lang in Smallville. I haven't watched it in like million years, so I forgot if one of her parents were written to be Asian too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2020 4:58 PM

R39 I do see the Asian in Dean but it's not that obvious to people who aren't as observant I feel. I can see Brandon Lee's Asian ancestry too mainly due to his resemblance to his father especially when he shaves his head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote]Keanu kissing some guy

SOME GUY??? That is none other than sexy Canadian actor Carl Marotte, probably most known to horror fans as the guy who had his face pushed into a vat of boiling hot dogs in the original My Bloody Valentine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote]They also casted Kristin Kreuk to play Lana Lang in Smallville. I haven't watched it in like million years, so I forgot if one of her parents were written to be Asian too.

We knew her mother wasn't white we just didn't quite know what she was. She was played by Wendy Chmelauskas.

Very, very, early on Keanu did refer to himself as white a few times. Eventually he got over it. It was decades ago and a lot has changed.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2020 10:29 PM

We always knew Keanu was mixed ethnicity. Only low IQ deplorables could have missed this fact.

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2020 11:13 PM

R43 Lana's mom's actress's last name sounds like it's First Nations. So maybe Lana is Native American descent in the show.

My theory is because Keanu's father was estranged from him and he was raised by his white mom that Keanu felt culturally white at the time. He seems to have embraced his Asian roots more now. He played a Eurasian role in 47 Ronin and has done a martial arts film in Hong Kong.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2020 12:16 AM

Imagine if Brandon Lee lived, he apparently was of the many actors considered for the role of Neo which also included Will Smith and Johnny Depp. He and Keanu are eerily similar in mannerisms and laidback speaking styles and of course being of partial Asian descent. Bruce Lee himself was 1/4 white, so Brandon was 3/8 Asian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2020 2:43 AM

Brandon's sister Shannon looks more Asian than him. Though Brandon despite being 3/8 still has some Asian features if you look harder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2020 2:47 AM

Keanu showed his ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2020 4:16 AM

And almost showed dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2020 4:16 AM

I wonder if Keanu fucked Rob Lowe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2020 4:26 AM

There was a movie from the 80s with Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves called Youngblood. Rob shows his ass in the movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2020 4:26 AM

Thats a lot of pretty in one movie

by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2020 10:57 PM

Back when he was young and Canadian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2020 6:45 AM

Keanu started out doing low-budget Canadian stuff just like Ryan Reynolds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 15, 2020 6:46 AM

for no.reason. God he's not even young here, yet he seem to be

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 15, 2020 12:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 27, 2020 9:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2020 5:18 PM

I liked him in rivers edge with the greatly missed Dennis Hopper

by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2020 6:04 PM

R58 I remember it being a really good movie too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2020 8:47 PM

I know the movie was about the kids, r59, but the scene with hopper dragging the inflatable doll through the convenience store and asking the clerk if they had "Bud in bottles" was genius at the time the movie was made.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2020 4:32 AM

Thanks, OP, for the clip but it contributes nothing to the Keanu 'mystique'. He's cute, he speaks. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2020 5:19 AM

Young Keanu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2020 5:32 PM

He can get it back then and can still get it now

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Keanu is extremely likeable, and he comes off as quite mysterious which adds to his appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2020 7:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!