Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Flex Seal really work?

Has anyone used it? It looks like a miracle in the commercial but I’m skeptical.

Any first hand experience?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2020 9:04 PM

no it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 6:20 PM

Bad experience here. Wouldn't recommend.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 6:24 PM

Details, please R1 & R2.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 6:25 PM

No it does NOT work.

I've learned to stay away from the As Seen On TV section at CVS, it has brought me nothing but disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2020 6:30 PM

Yes, the As Seen on TV products universally suck

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2020 6:30 PM

Are you telling me I can't build my own ocean liner out of chicken wire and flex seal? I was hoping to avoid crowded cruise ships and corona virus infestations by making my own boat, just like the guy in the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2020 6:35 PM

The spray is fine for temporary roof repairs, where you have a leak and need an emergency fix. I'd follow up with a can of Henry with reinforcing fabric tape to do a proper repair for a long term fix.

I tried it in several coats on a leaky faucet coupling, where it worked for a short time only. Ultimately, the water pressure and poor adhesion to the metal caused it to fail.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2020 6:35 PM

It worked for me. I used it underneath the kitchen sink on a rental house I own. The rubber gasket was leaking under the strainer body and I used it there over a year ago. I wouldn't normally do such a thing but I was in a bind. I had new tenants moving in and couldn't get a plumber. So far, so good.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2020 6:35 PM

Is it paintable?

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2020 6:38 PM

I guess I should have done a poll.

I’m going to pass for now unless some more positive reviews roll in.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2020 6:48 PM

I don't know, R9. I used Flex Shot and wouldn't think it would be paintable. That said, they have a plethora of other products, one of which might be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote]I'd follow up with a can of Henry with reinforcing fabric tape to do a proper repair for a long term fix.

Wouldn't using Henry Cavill's ass be kind of impractical?

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2020 7:28 PM

Any other reviews?

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2020 7:30 PM

The OP wants to seal in his cream pie loads.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2020 7:38 PM

It is crap!

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2020 7:42 PM

The tape works incredibly well.

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2020 7:53 PM

I've had nothing but great results with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2020 8:53 PM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2020 9:00 PM

I used it as lube and Phil Swift is STILL stuck in my ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2020 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!