Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Columbo: Murder In Malibu starting now

On five USA. Also starring hottie Andrew Stevens and DL favourite Branda Vaccaro.

Anyone a fan?

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2020 1:30 AM

Brenda!

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 2:40 PM

tampons

*wheeze*

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 2:42 PM

Andrew Stevens was also in an early episode of Murder, She Wrote where he tried to seduce Jessica with his gigolo ways!

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 2:45 PM

WTF is " Five USA"?

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 2:47 PM

R4 it's a TV channel in the UK

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 2:48 PM

I love Columbo. I used to have a cat who liked to roll around on the TV remote, which pressed all of the buttons and changed channels at random, but he'd stop if a Columbo rerun came on the screen because that was his favorite show. He was fairly dim and never did realize that we didn't have to figure out who dunnit, since the murder was shown at the beginning of the program -- every episode was new (and puzzling) to him, no matter how many times he'd seen it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 2:50 PM

I was only ever a fan of the older episodes, but the two "newer" ones I loved are: The one where Fischer Stevens plays a director and the one with the two rich college kids who kill their professor.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 2:52 PM

R6 was he a stray?

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 2:52 PM

This Malibu one isn't nearly as bad as some of the other later ones.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 2:54 PM

R6, I think he'd been a pet until he grew up and became a tom who ate a lot, then probably got dumped on my street because it looked like a place where people could afford vets and cat food. I knew all the cats in the area and had never seen him before -- he was going up to porches and staring at front doors, as if he was familiar with houses as places to eat. When I spoke to him, he came right over and let me pick him up, so I carried him around to all of the neighbors and asked if anyone knew him -- since no one did, I decided he could live with me. I got him neutered and we were very happy together for many years. I think of him every time I see a Columbo rerun -- he and the Lt.'s pet "Dawg" had similar personalities.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 3:08 PM

Sorry -- R10 was meant to reply to R8.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 3:09 PM

R10 I think you might be responsible for one of my favourite posts on here, talking about him being beautiful but dim (like all males) and he was constantly shocked by who the killer was! If so, thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 3:12 PM

"I took in a stray cat on a night when "Columbo" was showing & we watched it together. It became his favorite TV show -- he'd roll around on the remote control until he found a "Columbo" episode.

Like so many males, he was very beautiful but not real bright. Even though each show began by showing the crime being committed, he never could figure out whodunnit until the end (& not always then) -- & whenever we'd see a rerun, he was mystified all over again.

I miss them both.

--Anonymous replies 8 Jul 6, 2011 4:25 PM"...

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 3:15 PM

That was me, R12! I'm getting so old that I don't remember that I've already told a story before, to the same audience. At least it's a good story, as long as the reader loves cats and/or Columbo.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 3:25 PM

We do R14 I happened upon it a while back and it was terrific. What was your kitty like?

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 3:26 PM

R15, my boy was puffy and orange, a typical dumb blond (think "surfer dude" but not athletic), which can happen with either sex. Too well-fed and lazy to hunt -- other cats would bring prey into the house through the pet door but the only time I saw this guy carry anything in his mouth it was a stiff and dusty bird carcass that he must have found out in the yard, and he looked confused rather than triumphant. He was affectionate with people but didn't like other cats -- when I took in stray kittens, he ran away from home and lived on the neighbors' porch across the street for four months until the kittens reached puberty and moved out of the house into the yard, when he returned to sleep on the couch and watch TV again. A simple soul but a contented one.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 4:58 PM

R16 I am sending you a big cuddle for being such a kind person to our fluffy friends, it would be lovely to know you x

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 5:01 PM

Same to you, R17. I've always found it easy to be kind to the other animals, it's the human variety that is often more of a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2020 1:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!