Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Robert Gant is also re-Hispanicizing

Queer As Folk actor follows James Roday Rodriguez in returning to use his Hispanic surname.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 5:23 PM

He's been doing this for awhile. It doesn't seem to be reviving his career.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 1:38 PM

What's his specific ethic group? Wikipedia does not say. He was born in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 1:40 PM

Probably Cuban since he’s from Tampa.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 1:47 PM

cubans do not consider "hispanic" an ethic group, cubans see their ethnicity as catalan, gallego, canarian, asturian etc or yoruban/congolese

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 2:02 PM

I meant is he Cuban, Puerto Rican, Mexican, etc. Or is his family directly from Spain?

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 2:33 PM

Weird - he always looked like a prototype WASP. You never know.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 2:36 PM

He looks whiter than Mariah Carey. I doubt anyone cares.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 2:38 PM

maria carey is "jaba" in cuba, not white.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 2:41 PM

Elegant looking man. Very regal. I was surprised when he popped up in a TV commercial a few years back playing a repair man or something (I don’t remember what it was, but he was in some kind of workmanlike uniform).

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 2:42 PM

^ Are you thinking of Colin Ferguson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 2:51 PM

I don't care what he calls himself - he can fuck the shit out of me anytime.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 3:05 PM

Maybe I misremembered about the uniform. But he was spotted in a few commercials around 2013, including one for Olive Garden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 3:11 PM

The condoms-optional aids boy and Hal Sparks were both way better actors compared to Gunt. I actually believed Sparks was gay. They just needed a cheap no-name actor for the throw away role of aids husband.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 4:42 PM

This guy is really clinging to his former glory, huh? Every post is related to QAF, which has been off the air for...15 years? 20? He should get a new agent, maybe he could land a Hallmark movie or be the dad on a WB show.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 4:52 PM

R14 fo sho! but at least Gunt never carried a pedophile's demon seed like Michelle Clunie and her best friend Bryan Singer.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 5:08 PM

Robert Gant stars in my all time favourite YouTube video. Gant is the fudge-packing dad of the title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 5:15 PM

I read the article about how the careers of all white middle-aged men in Hollywood are over. All of them will be searching for some ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 5:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!