Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?”: TRUMP DESPERATE, DESPONDENT AS NUMBERS CRATER, “LOSER” LABEL LOOMS

“They probably won’t have” the Jacksonville convention. The Joni Ernst campaign is angry at Trump’s horrible numbers. Meadows and Kushner are at loggerheads over Parscale. And if things don’t turn around by Labor Day, GOP defections may begin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2020 3:02 AM

I have never in my life been more gleeful over the tears of others - Dump and company, GOP Senators and Congressmen, Fox News shills and just every fucking Republican anywhere and everywhere. They all deserve this and far worse. That said, THESE CROOKS CHEAT and they cheat to the death. Do no get complacent - no matter how bad things look for them.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2020 6:46 AM

Absolutely don’t get complacent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2020 6:55 AM

Don't appreciate James Carville pretty much saying a few days ago that Biden's got this in the bag. We've got to get out the vote! It's nice to hear polls say Biden is winning, but can't use that as an excuse not to show up at the polls. Is staying home on Election Day (or not mailing in your absentee ballot) for one day worth FOUR MORE FUCKING YEARS of Trump? Vote him out, please, and don't count your chickens before Trump has egg on his face and declared the loser. (And even then, the military might have to carry him screaming from the White House).

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2020 7:01 AM

Don't let GOP assholes defect from the party.

We must HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE and take them down along with trump.

For four years, they held this country hostage. They stripped our government. They stole money. They enabled this criminal.

They must all be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2020 7:04 AM

First we've got to vote them out, too. Then we've got to have Congress change the laws to make executive actions and orders more detailed as to what a President can and cannot do, and limit pardons and commutations. What Trump has done, and whatever more comes out, is a good starting point on what a President must not be able to do. Vote Democratic and get the Senate back!

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2020 7:07 AM

I fear what Roger Stone is concocting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2020 7:12 AM

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep tonight, my SO said "I'm worried about the election."

Now he's snoring and I'm wide awake with anxiety.

I keep telling him "No Trump talk at bedtime!"

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2020 7:17 AM

I really hope the media's doesnt give him a pass on COVID now that he's wearing a mask.

But you know they will.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2020 7:26 AM

If the GOP was smart, they'd set him up with a media outlet or something along those lines, make it desirable for him to not win in 2020. Instead they're throwing him under the bus, and while that's fun for many of us, they could be doing this in a much easier, less destructive way.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2020 7:27 AM

Labor Day makes no sense, because at that point, the Convention is over, early voting is about to begin, and everyone is locked in for the ride. I think McConnell must have made up Labor Day as some kind of pacifier for the nervous members of his party, but it's a bullshit date.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2020 7:29 AM

[quote]Absolutely don’t get complacent.

Agree! Just vote Democrats!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2020 7:32 AM

They still haven't thrown him under the bus. Romney was like the only one to vote for impeachment and speak out. Some others are following and about 6 have said they aren't going to the convention. Some newspaper reporters said many are waiting until Labor Day to decide whether to hang on to his coattails or start to desert the sinking ship like rats do (though they didn't describe it like that). I agree Labor Day is a bullshit date, since some many more people have gotten sick and are dying every day, now more in red states, where they previously just dismissed it. Vote for Biden and Democrats! Don't assume they are going to win. Get off your ass and vote or you'll be sorry like you were when Hillary lost (and the polls had said she was ahead). Don't trade one day of voting (or mailing a ballot) for 4 more years of Trump, Stephen Miller, Barr and the other assholes around him raping our democracy for their own pockets and selfish ends. Vote the traitors out!

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2020 7:35 AM

They're starting to though, R12, with the Lincoln Project and people like W, Colin Powell, Ann Coulter and Romney all saying people shouldn't vote for Trump. Several Repug senators said they won't go to the convention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2020 7:52 AM

Another weekend of golf with Miz Lindzey:

It's rejuvenating, revitalizing, reinvigorating, and renewing Trump, as Miz Lindzey exclaims.

Weeknights on Hannity; weekends with Trump; Miz Lindzey is busy, busy, busy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2020 8:11 AM

People, I expect each and every one of you to vote early where it's an option, apply for an absentee ballot as soon as they are available where it is an option or simply make a plan to vote on election day.

By making a plan to vote, I mean arranging for child or elder care that could be for several hours, arranging transportation if public transportation isn't running by the time the polls close, determining a time to vote, having your Democratic sample ballot in hand (find them at your local Dem campaign HQ or site), making sure your phone is fully charged as you wait in line and wearing a mask.

This country needs every single one of us to VOTE THESE GODDAMNED TRAITORS OUT with extreme prejudice. Wipe the floor with them.

Give these fucking racist Nazi cunts an ass kicking to end all ass lickings. Scorched earth.

We did it in 2018 so let's go bigger this time, ok?

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2020 8:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Trump and his White House just keep lying about everything...why doesn"t anyone stop them? It is just one lie after another.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2020 8:43 AM

Heh, nearly 10,000 people telling Lady G to fuck off in the comments of the tweet at R16.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2020 10:45 AM

I worry about the pandemic keeping people from going out to vote.

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2020 10:55 AM

Damn these ads from never trumpers are brutal and excellent.

Don Winslow tweeted to Graham with the video below:

Dear @LindseyGrahamSC

I would hate to think for a second that you thought I forgot about you and your miserable corrupt life with so many skeletons in your closet you need to take additional storage space.

I'm just waiting to get a little closer to election day my friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2020 10:58 AM

In the comments someone posted pic below

I'm LOVING all this - people have had ENOUGH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2020 10:59 AM

We all know what he will do. He will call Putin.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2020 11:00 AM

I want to know what Don Winslow knows

@donwinslow Dear @LindseyGrahamSC , 1. Were you ever blackmailed by @realDonaldTrumpor anyone connected to Trump, his campaign or his administration?

2. Did they threaten to expose sordid details of your personal life, some dating back years, if you did not flip and support Trump publicly?

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2020 11:09 AM

Don Winslow, Jeff Tiedrich, Tony Posnanski, Scott Dworkin and several others are relentless in their daily take-down of Trump and his enablers on Twitter. When this is all over they deserve the Medal of Freedom for their work

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2020 12:52 PM

[quote]Romney was like the only one to vote for impeachment

Stop saying this. Romney did NOT vote for IMPEACHMENT. Nor did any other senator. Trump WAS impeached. By the HOUSE.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2020 1:31 PM

OK, Romney voted for removal on one of the 2 charges. The only Republican, so at least he's not marked for hell.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2020 2:23 PM

Don’t forget: people are dying and literally starving aside from everything else (E.g. Universities in havoc due to the Visa ban, doesn’t get press) Putin making a mockery of our nation and on and on. I don’t give a flying fuck about any GOP pol or supporter. I want them to lose so that lives can be rescued and the GOP destroyed/minimized and all its apparatus (FOX).

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2020 2:29 PM

You realize that worrying about re-election rather than the lives of Americans is as sick as it gets. I did not complete the VF article but irony of Trumps despondency being “news” or the big story is part of our press problem. Save lives, minimize climate change disaster, solve problems, and if you get elected in the process ok.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2020 2:34 PM

Trump needs to dump Kushner and go back to being tough on illegal immigration. He’s losing his base by embracing path to citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2020 2:52 PM

R28, it's Vanity Fair. This is typical of their political coverage. If you want substance about things that truly matter, turn elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2020 2:57 PM

Trump won't dump Kushner until Ivanka does. Slimy New York real estate guys stick together.

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2020 3:34 PM

WHAT DO I DO?" Well, that's easy. Eat shit and die, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2020 3:39 PM

R29, he’s losing his base because he only yaps about himself. Don’t you think people have tried to tell him this? Hell, I watched some of his Tulsa speech, which was all me, me, me, and even I knew he didn’t say anything to energize his base. On the other hand, as a person who thinks Dump is the worst president we’ve ever had, this is good news.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2020 3:41 PM

Don't worry, R8. He's only wearing a mask because he's planning to knock over a KFC on his way home.

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2020 3:48 PM

The plunge is level off to about his core base. Still, the move in the last two weeks was great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Doing absolutely nothing but appeal to his core base is his fundamental yet blindingly obvious mistake. Is he incapable of seeing that? I mean, clearly he is, hence the astonishment, but how is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2020 3:54 PM

R36, I believe his racially devising screeds are in fact appeals to his base: he's been turning up the volume lately to galvanize them.

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2020 3:56 PM

You know, I wonder if he even knows he’s appealing only to his base. He’s just being him, at its basest. Entirely Id. He doesn’t know what to do, and he’s definitely not taking the advice of anyone around him.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2020 4:02 PM

R37, but he doesn’t see that that’s not enough. He has to win over a portion of votes that are not his base. Because Democrats/anti Trumpers are galvanized too.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2020 4:03 PM

While he's attacking Dr. Fauci, Fucker Trump is taking advice from Chuck Woolery?!!! I guess being a game show host matters more.

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2020 4:17 PM

R39, correct, but R37 was a reply to the assertion in R36 that he wasn't currently in the course of appealing to his base.

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2020 4:20 PM

No, R41, R36 clearly states that all he is doing is appealing to his base.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2020 4:35 PM

America's Biggest Loser: Trump's next reality show.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2020 4:40 PM

" What do I do?" "What do I do?" Frankly Scarlet, we don't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2020 5:11 PM

But his base is shrinking too. That tactic isn’t even working anymore. And as his base continues to get sick and die in red states, he will lose even more of them through death or they are pissed, finally, because he isn’t doing shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Is good. Now you have glass of best Russian vodka.

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] While he's attacking Dr. Fauci, Fucker Trump is taking advice from Chuck Woolery?!!! I guess being a game show host matters more.

You forget that he was once married to Suzanne PaFloog.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2020 7:05 PM

YOU'RE the stable genius! So use that gigantic brain of yours--the one you're incessantly bragging about--to figure it out for yourself. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote]You forget that he was once married to Suzanne PaFloog.

Jo Ann, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]The Joni Ernst campaign is angry at Trump’s horrible numbers.

Well Miss Ernst, nobody forced you to have your tongue lodged up Trump’s asshole for the past three and half years. Reap what you lick, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2020 1:50 PM

Trump is going to lose no matter what he does. We have it in the bag!! I'm not worried at all.

by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2020 1:57 PM

Is that another new Russian tack? We're not playing. Vote Democratic everyone!

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2020 2:35 PM

Probably, R52.

Just ignore R51.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2020 2:37 PM

I rely on DL alerts about new tweets from the padded cell. (Or bunker.) None of late? Could be telling.

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2020 3:19 PM

Trump is desperate, and that worries me. I think he knows if he loses, he will end up in jail, that means he will do anything to win. Anything illegal, and underhanded, it is going to get very nasty. He will also do anything he can after he loses, challenging the results, taking them to court, trying to throw the election into the House of Representatives that would most likely assure Trump would win as each state gets one vote. He is already setting things up to claim the election is tainted. Declaring Martial Law and a national emergency is not beyond him and how much will Russia and China help him.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] I expect each and every one of you to vote early where it's an option, apply for an absentee ballot as soon as they are available

I have already ordered my absentee ballot and will vote straight Democratic Party, unfortunately I live in a Red State with no Senators up for election.

by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2020 4:16 PM

R56, if every registered Democrat voted, even in circumstances where they felt their vote wouldn’t count, the irony is we’d win in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 57July 14, 2020 4:27 PM

That needs to be in an ad, r57.

by Anonymousreply 58July 14, 2020 4:30 PM

I like to think of him circling the drain and taking many with him.

by Anonymousreply 59July 14, 2020 9:58 PM

R55 is right.

This kkkrime kkkabal will pull out ALL of the stops to cheat since they cannot win.

Do not fall for bullshit. Vote no matter what. No matter how far the polls say team blue is ahead. Vote anyway!

No matter what the spin or Debbie Downers say, vote anyway!

Do not believe the propaganda on FB or Twitter. Vote anyway.

The worst that could happen is the rethugs are kicked so hard in their cunt they fly into orbit around Pluto.

by Anonymousreply 60July 14, 2020 10:26 PM

Democrats need to have a campaign that says regardless of what they hear,, if polls says Biden or their favorite Dem candidate is ahead, to go and vote anyway. It doesn't matter unless it's actually on a ballot. Get off you ass and vote for one day or you'll be sorry again.

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2020 10:39 PM

I wouldn't be worrying too much about China helping him, R55. Every time he talks about the Chinese Virus and China Joe Biden, the election must look more like an open and shut case in their eyes. "Face" is very important in China. I don't think for a moment that Biden is biased towards them, but he's not irrationally biased against them and even if he were, he would not be insulting them publicly all the time, nor threatening their economy when they're already having to deal with Hong Kong and that flu thingy.

Putin's had his fun; I'm sure even he didn't think America could plummet so far in only four years. The question about his willingness to help will be what he and his advisers see happening if there's another four years, and whether that level of chaos, and a likely American autocracy, will benefit him or not.

You've gotta think the intelligence agencies will be on their very best behaviour this time round. They've suffered enough.

The other question is how far Fox News will be allowed to go this time, given the absence of Roger Ailes's enormous power and the decline in Trump's base. Will Fox want to lose as many viewers as he's losing supporters?

by Anonymousreply 62July 17, 2020 3:22 PM

Your post is both hopeful and frightening r62.

by Anonymousreply 63July 17, 2020 4:20 PM

I don't doubt Barr & Dump will pull out all the stops - and I don't doubt that even if he loses in a landslide, Dump will claim it's "rigged" because that's just how he rolls.

The only thing that makes me feel even vaguely hopeful is that other repugs are starting to move away from him like he's the guy in the room with BO. I read an article in the NYT about how even repig governors are growing frustrated with the WH corona response & were talking between themselves - no staff allowed - about how to deal with this situation. It's been said time & time again, but for al his bluster, Dump is nothing without the support of the repigs. Once they start turn on him - or just ignore what he says & do their own thing - he's screwed. That, along with Fox News & WSJ turning opinion against him. It's clearly "Hitler in the bunker" with him at this point, but I think he's about to learn that his power isn't what he thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2020 1:00 PM

Trump thinks that sending in the military to Portland and other cities will help him win back the suburban voters.... and apparently nobody has explained to him that scenes of military occupations in American cities only send suburban voters fleeing away from the incumbent. There's not one person in his inside circle that is telling him this is a really bad idea?

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2020 1:11 PM

R65, I went on a right wing site recently to see what they were saying. They are very militaristic, very pro police violence. To them, there is no amount of abuse of power that could ever be too much.

On that site, even the most hard core were saying that although they continue to worship Trump like a god, many of their red state Republican neighbors, who probably tiptoe around them because they’re heavily armed, are saying they won’t vote for Trump this time because they “can’t.” Why they can’t I don’t know, except it seems to be personality related. They still agree with his policies, but even they realize at least that there’s something wrong with his behavior. I’m not sure what the dealbreaker is. These are very hardcore red staters.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Don't get Complacent

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2020 1:19 PM

R65 again. One thing I do know is the real hardcore Trumpers are living in a completely different alternate reality. They have no idea what’s really going on and listen to hysterical right wing sites that propagandize and lie. So who knows what they think is happening.

I know they think Antifa is a massive army that just wants to burn down the country for no articulated reason. They don’t seem to have any idea why, except “they hate America.” I have no idea why they think there’s a gigantic organized Army of liberals who hate America and want to burn down every town, but they do. They say liberals want to destroy America. What liberals get from living in a destroyed America they don’t know.

They just know no liberals want to work and 100% of liberals are criminal thugs that want to burn the country to the ground and make slaves out of them, since they’re the only ones in America that are willing to work.

This is why Trump was elected. Putin did this.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote] I know they think Antifa is a massive army that just wants to burn down the country for no articulated reason.

Not just Antifa, but the Caravan. Don’t forget the Caravan!

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2020 1:28 PM

the caravan obsessions stopped when mexicans started not allowing americans over the border

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2020 1:29 PM

Well, thank you for your service R66 for investigating the loathsome opinions of hardcore red staters. I once forced myself to listen to right wing talk radio to listen to what they were saying about Dump following one of his many fuck ups and they seem to attribute this problems to the fact the's "unique" and doesn't really understand the ins & outs of government & he's poorly served by those around him. But it wasn't ringing endorsements (good job Dumpy!), it was just people making excuses, which I thought was interesting out of his devoted followers.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2020 1:50 PM

R71, the impression I got was some former Trumpers didn’t want to vote for him, but also didn’t want to get into it with their diehard Trump neighbors about why, so they gave euphemisms about his personality being too drastic or something. Very vague excuses for abandoning him. Probably in real life they just think he’s crazy.

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2020 1:59 PM

The fact is that his base, the hard core Trumpistas, will support and vote for him no matter what. The current issue is whether those folks on the fence will take a chance on another term. Lately, Twittler has been catering to his base - which is a somewhat strange campaign strategy. If he has his base locked up, he doesn't need to throw them red meat. He needs to focus on those "fence people" that took a chance on him last time.

BTW: I'm very happy he seems crazier every single fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]“WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?”

May I suggest dying in a grease fire?

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2020 2:43 AM

I have heard some say that in 2016 many people voted for Trump who would never admit it publicly. I think that in 2020, many will vote against Trump and never admit to it publicly.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2020 10:10 PM

What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2020 11:23 PM

It will only get worse for him.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2020 11:29 PM

He is desperate because a loss means he ends up in court with a slew of charges against him for years.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2020 3:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!