Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Garofalo vs Barilla

Which pasta is better?

The rest of them are shit so I’m not including them in the poll. If you guys know a better pasta brand let me know!

I’m a Garofalo guy, much more thick and juicy. My boyfriend prefers Barilla because is easier to cook apparently, he is the one who cooks.

Also my fav shape is farfalle. I know the shape of the pasta affects the flavor, what’s your?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2020 7:46 AM

barilla is a horrendous homophobic cunt who stated to the press, "gays can go buy their pasta somewhere else" so. . .

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2020 1:22 PM

This is already the most boring thread of all time.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2020 1:24 PM

R1 Wow, didn’t know that, thanks. Not more Barilla in my place then. Anyways I prefer Garofalo, so who cares.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2020 1:27 PM

Now you can wave that fact in your weenie boyfriend's face.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2020 1:30 PM

DeCecco, and the Organic Spaghetti and Linguine from Aldi. The Aldi brand is from Italy, and even better than DeCecco... less expensive as well. I wish they had other varieties. I don't have pasta very often, but I am picky, as it is a treat.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2020 1:39 PM

Barilla: ‘Gays can eat someone else’s pasta’

he later apologized, but his true feeling were shown before his company was boycotted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2020 1:58 PM

DeCecco is my favorite. Barilla's CEO made some horrible homophobic statements a couple of years ago. I am surprised Federer is still doing commercials for them.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2020 1:59 PM

The 7 Best Pasta Brands in Any Grocery Store, According to Experts

Best Overall Pasta. Barilla.

Best Value Pasta. De Cecco.

Best Chickpea Pasta. Banza Chickpea Pasta.

Best Organic Pasta. Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value

Best Gourmet Pasta. Pastificio Di Martino.

Most Artisanal Pasta. Rustichella D'Abruzzo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2020 2:03 PM

I believe Barilla has already been established as "persona (pasta) non grata" because of its homophobic dick CEO. So, that kind of narrows the field....

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2020 4:10 PM

I'm the best!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2020 4:13 PM

Did you hear about the pasta and its cooking water?

Their relationship was strained.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2020 4:27 PM

It's flour and water. How different can they be?

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2020 11:00 PM

Cipriani Tagliarelle

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2020 11:05 PM

Voiello and Rumma are by far the best, but can you get them in the States?

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2020 11:05 PM

Homemade pasta is so simple and quick to make why wouldn’t you buy any from a store

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2020 11:31 PM

It makes a mess I don't always want to clean up, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2020 11:32 PM

Man, I’d eat some Garofalo!

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2020 5:27 AM

De Cecco cavatappi or angel hair are my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2020 5:38 AM

Italy resident here. Barilla is cheap supermarket pasta. Garafalo is a big cut above, sold in specialty stores like Eataly. Their large whole wheat fusilli (corkscrews) is chewy and delicious, as is their tagliatelle..

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2020 5:54 AM

Never cared for Barilla much at all - and that was even BEFORE the CEO made comments that will keep me from ever buying it again. Mueller and De Cecco are both fine for cheaper/find-it-anywhere brands. I prefer others from more specialty type stores - but they don't seem applicable to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2020 6:37 AM

I like Garofalo in almost anything. but I only liked Barilla when she was on that SYFY show that was a prequel to Battlestar Galactica.

Meanwhile I love Angel Hair. She really makes Ozark worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2020 7:21 AM

I also prefer farfalle

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2020 7:22 AM

Oh, wait. Barilla wasn't on that SYFY show.

It was Torani.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2020 7:24 AM

R10, who the hell would find that appetizing?

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2020 7:26 AM

I'd be afraid to purchase Garofalo at this point.

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2020 7:27 AM

I also love Lola Farfalle.

Here she is with some matzo ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2020 7:27 AM

which CEO has the fattest juiciest sausage?

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2020 7:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!