Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nick Cordero has passed away

He was 41.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 7, 2020 11:42 PM

What was his underlying illness, pre-COVID?

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Wow....I was pulling for hm.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2020 1:14 AM

Wow. Poor thing! Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2020 1:15 AM

Man, he fought a long time.

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2020 1:16 AM

Very unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2020 1:19 AM

This is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2020 1:19 AM

That seemed pretty inevitable. He needed a double lung transplant.

I heard a few weeks ago that somebody got one after Covid, but I think they were even younger. And there’s no guarantee that later they won’t have issues.

There’s going to be more of these cases, but the supply of lungs is not going to be there.

I hope younger people see this and get the idea that maybe they shouldn’t be risking their lives to go to a bar. Young people always think somehow that if you get really sick, it’s either live or die and it’s quick. Look what this poor guy had to live through and he still didn’t make it. Now his family has lost him.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2020 1:21 AM

I have never heard of him. Must of been some unknown from the D list.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Just this morning I read something about him that said his mental acuity was improving.

Damn.

This is really sad. He fought a helluva battle and I thought he was going to come out the other side.

Rest in peace, Nick.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Fuck that's awful but not unexpected. His wife was really put through the wringer. All good wishes to her, I wish her and her son peace and healing.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote]What was his underlying illness, pre-COVID?

You can't ask that question. I asked it when he first was admitted to the hospital and was practically stoned by ShariaLounge.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2020 1:23 AM

That's horrible. What the poor guy went through, and his family as well.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2020 1:25 AM

May he rest in peace . He put up one helluva battle .

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2020 1:26 AM

How terrible. I thought he would pull through.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] I hope younger people see this and get the idea that maybe they shouldn’t be risking their lives to go to a bar.

You really hope that, R7? Because this happened to ONE guy, everyone his age should live in fear? 99.99% of Covid cases his age do not die.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]was practically stoned by ShariaLounge

Go troll on a political thread and leave this one alone, you little shit.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2020 1:30 AM

Very sad, but it seemed inevitable giving the havoc COVID wrecked on his body.

R8 He was pretty well-known and successful in NYC theatre world. Not so much outside of that, though.

I feel bad for his wife and infant son. That hospital bill will be no doubt astronomical. A guy who was in the hospital from COVID for half the time as Cordero was, and didn't has as many complications, got a hospital bill for over a million bucks.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2020 1:31 AM

R1, his wife said he didn't have any.

It could have been something minor, like being a former smoker. A UK study recently showed that people who had quit smoking actually had worse symptoms than those who were current smokers. Very disheartening.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2020 1:31 AM

How terribly sad. I didn't know Nick, but I saw him in a couple shows, and I was blown away by his talent. He had it all. As I sit here typing at fifty-seven years of age, I realize how wonderful it is to be forty, or forty-one and enjoying the promise of your talents and efforts, as Nick was, and a new dad too! It's heartbreaking.

This is only one of 135,000+ Covid deaths stories. Wear a mask and be HUMAN for Christ's sake!

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2020 1:31 AM

People from the NYC theatre world really cared about him. His GoFundMe has raised over $600,000 for his family.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2020 1:32 AM

I’m very saddened over this but it’s for the best. Even if he had survived, he would have required round the clock care and would have been miserable. He’s at peace now.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2020 1:32 AM

Fucking terrible. I had a dear friend, more than this. She was in hospital for almost 7 weeks, in and out of ICU. She got well enough to tell me she was going to recover. Then worse again. I hate this fucking virus. Suffering all alone. It's a nightmare.

Poor Nick. His wife was HIS hero all through this. I'm not sure he was ever conscious after his amputation. I wasn't sure it was worth it to lose so much and fight so hard. But thats on me. Oh man, it's sad.

Why can't people wear a mask? I don't leave my home without one on. Yes, I'm scared. But I want us to make it to the other side.

RIP Nick Cordero. You suffered for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2020 1:34 AM

Damn it, I was really hoping that Cordero would pull through. RIP, Nick

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2020 1:35 AM

[Quote] That hospital bill will be no doubt astronomical.

They raised about half a million via GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]but the supply of lungs is not going to be there.

Greedy Repubs evilly eyeing the border kids in cages....

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Very, very sad. I actually thought he would pull through since he's been making a little bit of progress recently.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2020 1:37 AM

60lb weight loss, right leg amputation and you thought he'd pull through?

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2020 1:38 AM

Governor Cuomo passed legislation to force insurance companies to cover all Covid medical costs so the medical costs will be covered.

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2020 1:38 AM

And Republican assholes still think coronavirus is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2020 1:38 AM

LSA said he was interviewed on ABC the other day. That can't be right, can it? I presume it was his wife that was interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2020 1:38 AM

R15, it happened to 132,000 guys, not one guy.

Not all of those people were old. Some were children with no pre-existing conditions. There’s just no way to know how it will affect you. People should be scared. We don’t know much about the permanent lung damage some people get afterwards.

Sanjay Gupta said they examined some people’s lungs after they recovered or were tested for antibodies. Many have lung damage, even people who were asymptomatic. They didn’t even know they were sick, but there’s scars on their lungs just the same.

He said they have no idea what’s going to happen to those people. Some lost 20-30% of their lung capacity and nobody knows if it will ever get better.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2020 1:39 AM

Apparently he'd been working in a site specific LA production of "Rock of Ages." I wonder if he caught more than one strain? He would have been in close proximity to quite a turnover of people.

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2020 1:39 AM

Very sad news.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2020 1:46 AM

Sorry to hear that he DIED.

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2020 1:46 AM

Damn, that sucks. I thought that he was getting better.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2020 1:47 AM

Hey r15. Why don't you go hook up with Corey Hannon? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2020 1:47 AM

95 days in hospital. His wife didn't get to see him until day 79. Yes, I judged her a bit for so many social media "updates." It seemed almost cruel. It's not what I would do. But I am ashamed of myself, because it was just too scary - all that happened to him. And I didn't want to know. Terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2020 1:49 AM

He suffered for so long. His was a slow death.

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2020 1:50 AM

I grew up without a dad; no, it didn't make me gay, but it sure affected my relationships with men.

I wish the widow and son peace and Nick a happy life in heaven if there is such a place.

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2020 1:51 AM

I don't know him but I truly hate that he suffered for so long. It was agonizing for him and his loved ones. I can't imagine he did anything to deserve that.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2020 1:52 AM

Bullets Over Broadway was a cursed show.

First Marin Mazzie and now Nick Cordero.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2020 1:52 AM

Who was he?

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2020 1:55 AM

[quote] You can't ask that question. I asked it when he first was admitted to the hospital and was practically stoned by ShariaLounge.

And yet here you are, r11, still intact, breathing and able to tell the tale. These queens throw like girls.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2020 1:56 AM

I hope the wife and son keep that gofundme money raised instead of handing it over to the medical industrial complex. They've suffered enough.

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2020 1:56 AM

R27, the wife said he was doing better, thought maybe he would be a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Very sad. Did he have a hot ass?

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2020 1:58 AM

I didn't know he was Canadian - from Hamilton - Steel Town

by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2020 1:59 AM

He was in the entertainment industry. I think we can all guess what the underlying condition was.

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2020 1:59 AM

Nick’s case, while comparatively rare, especially for his age, could happen to anyone. This virus attacks multiple organs and systems, not just the lungs, and can have measurably differing affects on different people. There is so much that is unknown which is why it’s infuriating that there are still assholes politicizing mask wearing, and refusing to wear a mask, especially in my state of Texas, which is seeing a huge surge cases.

I was hoping Nick would pull through and am saddened by his death.

by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2020 1:59 AM

"What was his underlying illness, pre-COVID?"

He seemed like a smoker to me. I hope his wife is honest about things, and doesn't try to sugarcoat everything. She seems a little airy-fairy.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote] I think we can all guess what the underlying condition was.

I have no idea - can you tell us?

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2020 2:01 AM

He is at peace now in heaven with the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2020 2:01 AM

He was a Broadway singer. I doubt if he smoked.

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2020 2:04 AM

R52, well, he was in the entertainment industry, so more likely burning in Hellfire, but point taken.

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2020 2:04 AM

R8 is a piece of garbage

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote] What was his underlying illness, pre-COVID?

NONE

by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2020 2:05 AM

[Quote] He was a Broadway singer. I doubt if he smoked.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 57July 6, 2020 2:07 AM

This is a tragedy. Following his story, it seemed like he was just always getting worse, and then a slight recovery. He was so sick but hung on. Then the leg amputation, weight loss and the news of needing a lung transplant. But yet, the news was always presented in a hopeful manner, so I had hope for him too. This news is very hard to take, and I was barely familiar with him. So very sad.

Everyone else and everyone flirting with this virus...take heed. Keep yourself safe.

Farewell, Nick. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 58July 6, 2020 2:07 AM

r54 must be one of the QAnon "pedowood" conspiracy theorist loons

by Anonymousreply 59July 6, 2020 2:08 AM

This makes me so fucking sad. You suffer for months in the ICU and still end up dead. I thought at this point he’d pull through. Didn’t know about the double lung transplant. RIP Nick.

by Anonymousreply 60July 6, 2020 2:09 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 6, 2020 2:11 AM

Sounds like death was the humane option. Had he woken up his life would have been a living hell until the day he died. Very sad but he is at rest now.

by Anonymousreply 62July 6, 2020 2:14 AM

Interesting—and quite scary, too—the first two tests he took initially were negative for COVID. The third one was positive.

by Anonymousreply 63July 6, 2020 2:14 AM

OMG he's the one who had to get his leg amputated.

by Anonymousreply 64July 6, 2020 2:15 AM

[Quote] Had he woken up

He had woken up. He was communicating by eye movement. Up for Yes. Down for No.

by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2020 2:17 AM

shit this is really sad. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2020 2:18 AM

R65 is correct. I'm watching the 10 o'clock news now and they just said a minute ago that he woke up in May.

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2020 2:22 AM

Truly heartbreaking. I have no idea who the guy is but I’ve followed the updates from his wife. RiP.

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2020 2:24 AM

R.I.P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2020 2:24 AM

I hate to say it but it was probably for the better. He needed a double lung transplant and that still wouldn't mean he would live from that. I feel bad for his wife and child.

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2020 2:27 AM

This is why this virus is so terrifying. No one knows who it will kill, or why. Is it exposure, other risk factors, treatment response? If the medical community knows, they aren’t telling us. I don’t want to gamble with how my body will respond.

by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2020 2:28 AM

Sad, but had anyone heard of him before his struggle? The widow has a great future in public relations.

by Anonymousreply 72July 6, 2020 2:28 AM

I find it hard to believe that he didn't have other underlying medical conditions.

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2020 2:29 AM

Maybe his blood type was A? Other than that no known underlying conditions. This virus can kill anyone or make them very sick. And blood clots are a huge risk with covid.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2020 2:32 AM

R68: my experience exactly. After 3, 3 1/2 months it felt like I knew him. Just sad. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2020 2:33 AM

What a brutal, brutal end of life, what his body must have endured just to get through each day, slowly being destroyed in the process. I hope he’s at peace.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2020 2:41 AM

EVERYONE needs to be fucking concerned about Covid- even the Outrid MAGAHat deniers who think they'll never get infected and refuse to wear a mask. They've just discovered even Asymptomatic cases have cause for concern:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2020 2:51 AM

Sigh. I am really, really sad about this. I had never heard of Nick Cordero until he caught the virus. But I was humbled and terrified as I began to hear of his ongoing struggles. He has such a warm, kind face. He clearly was hugely talented and living his best life. Loving wife, new baby boy. God, it is heartachingly sad what this man went through. He got dragged down into the depths of hell itself. I can't think of anything much worse than what he and his family have gone through.

And of course as has been said above, this is but one of over 130,000 sad and needless Covid deaths. But surely his was among the most protracted and senseless of deaths. Ugh. Poor, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 78July 6, 2020 2:57 AM

Cocaine? Alcoholism? Really just nothing at all complicating his case??

You'd think if it was something non-controversial like asthma or diabetes, they'd just say so.

by Anonymousreply 79July 6, 2020 3:26 AM

Did the Corderos have a publicist?

by Anonymousreply 80July 6, 2020 3:28 AM

So horrible. I hope he wasn't much aware of what was going on the last few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 81July 6, 2020 3:31 AM

His wife said that she told him he no longer had a right leg.

by Anonymousreply 82July 6, 2020 3:33 AM

R73 He didn't.

by Anonymousreply 83July 6, 2020 3:34 AM

R63, the same story for my ex-BF’s cousin. Two negative tests, the docs said it looked like Covid, and as she was in critical condition, she tested positive finally. And then she died. She was 60 and overweight, though.

But oh no, testing will save us all.

by Anonymousreply 84July 6, 2020 3:40 AM

R80, the wife was a one-woman publicity storm. She worked very hard to keep his story out there.

by Anonymousreply 85July 6, 2020 3:41 AM

The last article I had read about him had described how the disease had so devastated his body and weakened it to the point where he could only move his eyes to communicate, even after months of recovering in the hospital. His wife recently said he was doing "better". My first thought was that, given the description of his condition, the prognosis did not look good at all and I didn't see him making it through it. He was barely treading water, so to speak, and how could he get better when he was so frail he couldn't even move due to muscular atrophy. It's such a very, very sad end to a valiant struggle.

We're going down with this thing, because we've got a president who's rearranging the chairs on the Titanic while the band plays on.

by Anonymousreply 86July 6, 2020 4:07 AM

I loathe this virus. I loathe this "president". I loathe the people who voted for him. Just needed to vent. Rest peacefully Nick Cordero.

by Anonymousreply 87July 6, 2020 4:26 AM

Venting fully understood and welcome here R87.

We all feel the same - except for the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 88July 6, 2020 4:31 AM

Because he deserves this honor:

He had a hot ass, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 89July 6, 2020 4:43 AM

Thank you for the proper DL eulogy @r89.

by Anonymousreply 90July 6, 2020 4:49 AM

Look at the magats on this thread, desperate for him to have had some scary medical issue they can blame him for. Hey, maybe he had a hangnail. You’re safe!

by Anonymousreply 91July 6, 2020 4:59 AM

This is just terrible.

That poor kid who'll never know his dad.

I know his wife got slated on here for posting too much, but now she has to raise a 1-year-old alone.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 92July 6, 2020 5:02 AM

This is sad. I’m curious to know if he died because of the virus or of other underlying illnesses?

by Anonymousreply 93July 6, 2020 5:08 AM

R72 he was VERY well known and liked in the theatre community. He originated principal roles in several high profile shows.

by Anonymousreply 94July 6, 2020 5:13 AM

Is his wife also Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 95July 6, 2020 5:16 AM

R91 the thing is, even if he did...most people have some sort of “underlying condition” (that’s why it’s called underlying) and live healthy lives until 90s. Unless you’re talking about very obv things like diabetes, it’s kind of a bullshit term.

For example, I have a slight heart mumur (my grandmother had one and lived to be 95), which by all accounts is nothing. But if God forbid I got COVID, does it interact with that in some weird way and then affects me in a really bad way? And then they say it’s because of an “underlying condition” — when in fact said condition could have remained “underlying” for another 50/60 years? That’s some kind of bullshit.

It’s a very elastic term.

by Anonymousreply 96July 6, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote] What was his underlying illness, pre-COVID?

According to his wife, he didn’t have any underlying conditions. He was perfectly healthy, 41 Year old man who no health issues.

That’s the scary thing - there is no hard and fast rule to this disease.

by Anonymousreply 97July 6, 2020 5:22 AM

Because DL would want to know....Leslie Uggams has tweeted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 6, 2020 5:23 AM

RIP. He put up a hell of a fight.

by Anonymousreply 99July 6, 2020 5:30 AM

(R69) Thanks for the lovely video. I saw him in Bullets Over Broadway and he was great. There was an after party and I met him and Zach Braff. They were both charming and kind. The video really captures him. RIP Nick Cordero.

by Anonymousreply 100July 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Canada picks up the medical bills.

by Anonymousreply 101July 6, 2020 5:34 AM

Everyone's body chemistry is a bit different. For example, I get loopy as hell when I take a sudafed, but other people do not.

Genetics, epigenetics, and other factors come into play. Evolutionarily, we wouldn't do well as a species if everyone was a carbon copy. He had some horrible fucking luck it seems.

It's sad as hell though, regardless if he had an underlying condition or not. May he rest in peace as well as all the other people who have died from this damn virus. PBS newshour does a little tribute to Americans that have died from it each night and it tears me up each time.

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2020 5:43 AM

Fuck China

by Anonymousreply 103July 6, 2020 5:46 AM

The video breaks your heart. I hope he rests in peace.

This thread has scared me. I too tested twice with negative results a d I'm very worried about my health. I cant help but wonder his is the only case I heard about the patient had his leg amputated. I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2020 6:14 AM

Don't be ashamed of yourself, R37. Some people are just a little over-the-top and it can be off-putting. You didn't say anything to her face, it's fine. We've all been there.

by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2020 6:38 AM

this is not an easy way to die. His leg was amputated and his lungs were so damaged he needed a double lung transplant!

by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2020 6:46 AM

In December there was a reporter who was very young, I think about to get married, and he developed symptoms that sound similar to what Nick had at the start including pneumonia. He went down hill quickly and died very mysteriously. Did they ever confirm what it was, could it have been an early case?

by Anonymousreply 107July 6, 2020 6:48 AM

Good memory, R107.

That was such a weird story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 6, 2020 7:09 AM

R107- if I recall correctly, he had cancer. He might have had corona as well, which hastened his death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 6, 2020 7:18 AM

I apologize, I didn't see R108 link. This is another story with an underlying disease. Although, I don't believe Nick had any.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 6, 2020 7:21 AM

That is a weird story R108. Sounds like it was lymphoma and not COVID that killed Aschoff. As for Nick, will Broadway dim the lights for him or are the lights already out due to no activity?

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2020 7:24 AM

Meanwhile in the UK a woman who is 101 years old came down with covid and went to the hospital, recovered and went home.

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2020 11:22 AM

[quote]I cant help but wonder his is the only case I heard about the patient had his leg amputated. I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

Soap actress Judi Evans nearly lost both of her legs due to blood clots caused by the virus, which she believes she acquired in the hospital while recovering from a horseback riding accident.

“They blew up so fast. They were purple. [The doctors] said, ‘We may have to amputate.’ I’m like… ‘Please save my legs.’”

Surgery to remove the blood blots was successful, and her legs were spared.

Surgery to remove the clots from the legs was successful

by Anonymousreply 113July 6, 2020 11:51 AM

🕯💜🎭🍻💫

by Anonymousreply 114July 6, 2020 11:52 AM

Hey dipshit @r84, go troll somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 115July 6, 2020 12:20 PM

inadequate testing is problematic and is the fault of the Federal lack of response to this threat. these tests are 'made in China ". "'Made in China"= cheap crap that doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 116July 6, 2020 12:28 PM

I feel for him and his family but I think the wife let him suffer far too long.

by Anonymousreply 117July 6, 2020 12:34 PM

I wonder whenever they celebrate a recovered patient going home if it is really a celebration Aren’t most going to hav e lasting damage ?

by Anonymousreply 118July 6, 2020 12:36 PM

Weirdly, the cast of a musical is sort of a perfect breeding ground for this virus. For any virus. Tiny, dank dressing rooms. Spittle flying everywhere. Look at Jonathan Groff in Hamilton; how much saliva was he expelling with every word?

I work in the industry. I’ve seen entire casts stricken with a cold or the flu or whatever might be going around resulting in endless weeks of understudies and sick people resigned to performing. It’s going to be very hard to get musicals back onstage.

by Anonymousreply 119July 6, 2020 12:37 PM

He was still a young man, r117. That’s a very personal decision. If he were cognizant, she may have even asked him. Maybe she did, and he didn’t want to go on, so this is the end result. None of us has idea what each individual family is going through.

by Anonymousreply 120July 6, 2020 12:38 PM

I’m with r117, r120 sounds like an idiot too.

This guy basically went unconscious early on, had his leg amputated, lost 60lbs when he was already slim, couldn’t move anything but his eyes, needed a double lung transfer but yeah sure, maybe he has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 121July 6, 2020 12:43 PM

It's hard to get your head around this. Nick Cordero was 41 with no underlying condition.

Meanwhile, the administration of that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile in the White House is getting ready to tell us that just live with it!

Disgusting. 150,000 deaths is it now? Where's the accountability.

And as for the bloody morons who insist on going about without masks and going about without a care in the world...Rot in hell!

by Anonymousreply 122July 6, 2020 12:44 PM

Sad news. R122 Yes, WH is to blame. They have no shame. They are mob with no morals nor ethics.

by Anonymousreply 123July 6, 2020 12:47 PM

most people recover from this. Cordero was infected early on, drs are still figuing out how to treat patients. It could be a treatment to this infection triggered his decline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 6, 2020 12:49 PM

Unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 125July 6, 2020 12:51 PM

R121, hopefully you have someone in your life who decides you’re not worth keeping alive. Especially if you’re conscious. It’s THEIR decision, not yours, remember? He had a kid, maybe he though that was worth living for.

The Nazis on this site should take a hike. They’re incredibly tedious and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 126July 6, 2020 12:58 PM

Yes, but when the young ESPN reporter Aschoff died in December, they weren't testing for corona. He had a fast acting undetectable cancer discovered after he died but the initial diagnosis was pneumonia and an immune disorder. I wonder if they would go back and look at it again.

by Anonymousreply 127July 6, 2020 12:58 PM

Aschoff was gay/DL?

by Anonymousreply 128July 6, 2020 1:00 PM

R126, get a brain idiot!!

If the same thing had happened to me, I would’ve prayed for my family to let me go. He had no quality of life and the expenses would’ve Wrecked the wife and daughter for their whole lives. The virus destroyed his body to the point he was a skeleton yet all you delusional religious nuts.

So yes, I hope my loves ones would’ve be pathetic messes that kept me around in a horrible vegetative state just cause it made them feel better.

Let me guess you’re a religious nut case.

by Anonymousreply 129July 6, 2020 1:02 PM

oh so very sad. he fought long and hard. RIP😞

by Anonymousreply 130July 6, 2020 1:08 PM

Hell no, r129. Get lost, I’m very liberal. You’re so fucking judgmental about what they should have done that you missed my point that it’s THEIR decision, not yours. It’s not your place to say what they should have done. It’s not your place to say what quality of life he had. It was THEIR decision. He wasn’t in a vegetative state, he was conscious. How do you know—maybe to let him go WAS their decision? So fuck off, Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 131July 6, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote] the havoc COVID wrecked on his body.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 132July 6, 2020 2:38 PM

Will they bury his leg with him? Do you think they know where it is?

by Anonymousreply 133July 6, 2020 2:38 PM

R131, you’re not a liberal you’re an idiot.

You don’t listen to science and instead rely on emotions.

You’re probably racist too. I doubt you cried any tears for any black victims or Covid. You’re only doing this because a pretty white woman was crying about this for months. Bitch was delusional and wanted a double lung implant for him? Why? So he could die and those lungs would’ve been wasted.

Along all the horrible things I said he had in my previous post, I even left out he had multiple strokes, fungi invading all his body.

But let’s ignore science and keep him alive so the white woman feel slightly better for a bit....

Most people weren’t even allowed to say goodbye to their loves ones but the rules didn’t apply to her white ass.

by Anonymousreply 134July 6, 2020 2:39 PM

[quote] Look at the magats on this thread, desperate for him to have had some scary medical issue they can blame him for.

Speaking only for me, I don’t think people are looking to “blame” him for any preexisting condition. I think it’s more a shock that an otherwise healthy 41 year old would succumb, so you look for a reason. Plus, being older than he is, most of us would like to see him have had one so it quells our fears just a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 135July 6, 2020 2:41 PM

Poor guy.

If (when?) I contract Covid and if I have a similar prognosis, I hope they euthanise me early on. To have endured all of that to not have prevailed in the end feels doubly cruel.

by Anonymousreply 136July 6, 2020 2:44 PM

R131, troll. Go fuck yourself. I never said to rely or not rely on emotion, I said it was THEIR DECISION. Whatever they choose to consider was THEIR CHOICE. CHOICE, dickhead. Not yours or mine to make, it’s theirs. And who said anything about race? YOU DID. You must have been a proponent of those “death panels” — except for real.

He was conscious, therefore he was probably able to understand what happened to him—did you ever think that maybe it WAS his decision to die? If so, I’m ok with that, it’s his choice.

Geez take remedial English. Rich calling someone else an idiot when you obviously are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 137July 6, 2020 2:54 PM

Some people shouldn't have choice. This "mother" should be in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 6, 2020 4:41 PM

I'm so fucking mad at Xi Jinping and the overall unhygenic conditions of China, Shitler and his cohort, and all the deplorables denying the existence of this disease. I just hope karma turns things around.

RIP Nick Cordero.

by Anonymousreply 139July 6, 2020 4:55 PM

Will Broadway dim for Nick?

by Anonymousreply 140July 6, 2020 5:01 PM

Chita will lift her leg.

by Anonymousreply 141July 6, 2020 5:06 PM

They say there is an underlying condition in about 85% of deaths. That means there is 15% where there is no underlying condition.

And Nick had been communicating with his eyes and able to answer yes and no question so they likely were also asking him what he wanted to do. He had a baby - he likely wanted to give it all he could. His wife was coming in and playing videos of his kids first steps and first birthday etc for him. I can see why he (they) decided to keep fighting versus saying to stop all care. At least now his wife and son when he grows up knows that his dad stuck around and fought as long as he could.

by Anonymousreply 142July 6, 2020 5:14 PM

R129, my family knows how I feel about stuff like this. Let me go. There are things worse than death.

by Anonymousreply 143July 6, 2020 7:17 PM

I couldn't help but notice in that heartbreaking YouTube video at one point spit came out. Remember that church choir at the early stages of the crisis went ahead with practice and most of them got sick.

by Anonymousreply 144July 6, 2020 10:35 PM

What Broadway shows was he in?

by Anonymousreply 145July 6, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote]What Broadway shows was he in?

Here's a list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 6, 2020 10:43 PM

He had no underlying conditions. It just happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 6, 2020 10:45 PM

The 21 year old had no underlying conditions until they discovered he had leukemia while being treated for COVID.

by Anonymousreply 148July 6, 2020 10:48 PM

Did Cordero's weight go up and down a lot? He looks like someone who had lost a lot of weight at r147. Note the double chin.

Conversely, he looks whippet thin below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 6, 2020 10:50 PM

What's with the underlying condition shit? Just admit to yourself how frightened you are of this virus and stop trying to blame this man's terrible suffering on anything but a very strange and unpredictable set of conditions. And human error. Do none y'all follow actual physicians or epidemiologists or people on the front lines? Nick got it early and his treatment came late. But there is still no guarantee for anyone. We all prefer to die fast, but you don't always get the choice. If you've had COVID or tested positive - OR negative with a presumption of it being COVID - you would understand things better. They know better how to treat this than they did in March or even April. But they warn of worsening of symptoms, even for those who are positive and asymptomatic. Nick tested negative again near the end of his life - but his body had already been destroyed. Pacemaker, lungs full of holes, Kidney dialysis, an amputated leg, strokes. There was no cure then and there isn't one now. Nick Cordero lived a nightmare. Medically induced coma comforts people when they want to think the patient feels nothing and it it enlivens others when they wish to believe that the person can hear you and are aware of their surroundings. Don't prolong suffering. Not beyond a certain point. That was no doubt his wife's decision. He was never going to be well again. He suffered too much in my opinion.

I'm not going to talk about my COVID diagnosis here or the friend that I lost after she battled this disease in ICU for 7 weeks. It's not about underlying conditions. Or even age. The elderly usually die within two weeks. Of pneumonia or heart failure. They don't suffer Nick Cordero's hell.

by Anonymousreply 150July 6, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote] He had no underlying conditions. It just happened.

He was only 41 and presumed healthy. He could have been unaware of an underlying condition. By the time he starting suffering the worst of the complications it would not have been possible to determine if he had an underlying condition.

by Anonymousreply 151July 6, 2020 11:10 PM

Diet pills? Coke user?

by Anonymousreply 152July 6, 2020 11:12 PM

Closet homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 153July 6, 2020 11:17 PM

Has Susan Dey commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 154July 6, 2020 11:17 PM

All of you with this pre-existing bullshit. Go fuck off. Really go fuck yourself. Who gives a fucking shit if he had a pre-existing condtion. Covid is real, it's dangerous, and the response of the USA is making it worse. And you can go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2020 11:23 PM

^ Yes, well said, if crude.

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2020 11:25 PM

Just because a gentleman enjoys a velvet jacket...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2020 11:27 PM

[Quote] All of you with this pre-existing bullshit. Go fuck off. Really go fuck yourself. Who gives a fucking shit if he had a pre-existing condtion. Covid is real, it's dangerous, and the response of the USA is making it worse. And you can go fuck yourself.

You're acting like people posting here are COVID deniers. Go troll a Trump forum or something.

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2020 11:29 PM

I've worked on Broadway and you'd be surprised that there are, in fact, many straight actors in musicals. Sorry to disappoint everyone. but they do exist.

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2020 11:32 PM

It's time for this. Again. Hope is gone, but lift up his name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2020 11:33 PM

We know.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2020 11:34 PM

Who decided it would be good idea for Jeanne Moos to do a segment on his death using the same tone and delivery she applies to politicians with stains on their shirts and weather-predicting goldfish?

by Anonymousreply 162July 7, 2020 12:12 AM

Does anyone else think it's fucked-up that as soon as he awoke from the coma, frail and unable to speak, his wife told him that one of his legs got amputated?

Wouldn't you want the person to gain a little bit of mental and physical strength before breaking that sort of news to them?

And the person who called the wife "airy-fairy" wasn't kidding. Throughout Nick's hospitalization, she was uploading vids of herself doing dance routines with a cheesy, rictus-like Rockettes grin on her face.

I get that everyone mourns differently, but you'd have to be pretty "out there" to not see how tone-deaf that may come across.

by Anonymousreply 163July 7, 2020 12:44 AM

[Quote] Does anyone else think it's fucked-up that as soon as he awoke from the coma, frail and unable to speak, his wife told him that one of his legs got amputated?

You don't think he was looking in that direction and it wasn't really something he could miss...?

by Anonymousreply 164July 7, 2020 12:49 AM

Wow. So many people here have no experience with the critically ill. No, he would not be aware that his leg was missing after more than two months in a coma. He was unlikely aware of anything but a haze of unwellness, pain and heavy sedation that wouldn't even register. People who have limbs amputated for more usual reasons come awake with no real feeling or awareness of it. That comes later. Phantom pains.

by Anonymousreply 165July 7, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote] Does anyone else think it's fucked-up that as soon as he awoke from the coma, frail and unable to speak, his wife told him that one of his legs got amputated?

No, because what if his sedation wore off and he got up out of bed to go to the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 166July 7, 2020 1:27 AM

What tv show was he on?

by Anonymousreply 167July 7, 2020 1:35 AM

^ another moron. He couldn't move a single muscle in his body. They were wasted away. He was too weak to even close his mouth. He was in a fucking hell from which he could never recover. His memory is a blessing, but his death was cruel. And late.

by Anonymousreply 168July 7, 2020 1:36 AM

R164 all his muscles were atrophied from lying in a bed for 2 months. He had to communicate by eye movement. I doubt he'd be able to lift his own head to look down at his legs (which would be concealed by a blanket anyway).

And even if someone elevated the head end of the bed to allow him to see, he was most likely so ill and weak he was barely able to process his surroundings.

R166 see above.

Are any of you actually reading about the condition this guy was in during his last moments?

by Anonymousreply 169July 7, 2020 1:46 AM

I think r166 was kidding. I think.

by Anonymousreply 170July 7, 2020 1:54 AM

Datalounge welcomes dark tasteless jokes... but only if they're funny.

by Anonymousreply 171July 7, 2020 1:59 AM

This a sad story; difficult to hear and think about. He seemed to be a very decent guy. We are all sorry that he succumbed. It sounds like an unnecessarily gruesome end, and we can't help but think it entailed physical and/or psychological suffering.

So obviously, we would only wish it on our many enemies and/or sundry Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 172July 7, 2020 2:21 AM

R115

by Anonymousreply 173July 7, 2020 2:26 AM

We are all on this earth for only a certain amount of time. Some longer than others, but in the end, we all have to go home to be with the Lord sooner or later. It was simply his time.

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2020 2:26 AM

I read about him in the papers and they said his only symptom was being too tired and fainted while changing his baby's diaper. He went the ER but they sent him home etc.

He was in close contact with his family, and only he got the virus.

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2020 2:38 AM

why would she pull the plug on her child's father? the kid is a year old.

she was hoping her husband would rally and science would cure him!

drs have discovered the ventilator makes some patients sicker! they're trying everything and don't have all the answers of what works for whom.

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote] We are all on this earth for only a certain amount of time. Some longer than others, but in the end, we all have to go home to be with the Lord sooner or later. It was simply his time.

Fuck off. Fuck off. Fuck off. Stop selling your bullshit religious fairy tale. I don't want to be with your Lord.

Most of the civilized nations have gotten this under control. We are still denying it's a problem. And people are unnecessarily dying.

by Anonymousreply 177July 7, 2020 2:46 AM

The photo of him at the top of this thread could be used in medical journals as an example of someone with several underlying medical conditions.

by Anonymousreply 178July 7, 2020 2:56 AM

MAGAts are Nazis; they’re desperate to blame this on “underlying causes” so they can claim his death isn’t that big of a deal because “he had x,” as if having a preexisting condition means you deserve to die. It’s all part of the “Covid is a hoax/overreaction/political stunt/no worse than the flu” spin cycle they’re stuck on these days.

Fuck Trump and his minions here.

by Anonymousreply 179July 7, 2020 3:00 AM

If karma was real, she would see to it that R178 catches coronavirus and dies the same slow, grisly way Nick did.

The only difference being that Nick actually had friends and family who cared about him.

by Anonymousreply 180July 7, 2020 3:11 AM

He was poz. Open secret.

by Anonymousreply 181July 7, 2020 3:12 AM

The United states is coming close to THREE MILLION CASES. You know the death toll. But only 900,000 are recovered. Do you realize how many deaths are to come?

Canada has 105,000 cases with under 9,000 dead and over 75% recovered. Yes it has 1/10 the population of the U.S. Still, do the math. The United States has 30 X the infections and is still exploding. And see what Canada did to contain the virus, educate and care for its citizens and provide them with the testing, tracing and the best free health care money can buy. Daily press conferences with local, provincial and federal leaders, always with public health front and center in attendance. It's far too much to list here. They are looking after people in every way and basically shut the whole country down to do so. It's not perfect. Mental health suffers, businesses are lost, families are torn apart, the system breaks down. Drinking, drug use, domestic violence and suicide numbers increase. But everyone got PAID. Interest free loans were available to business. Seniors and the poor were given XTRA money and anyone who couldn't go to work and not eligible for Unemployment was given 2,000 a month for 5 months and counting. Nobody deserves this situation. But leadership and guidance and teaching are necessary. It doesn't matter what your pre existence was - it matters that everyone have equal access to care and service and compassion.

Nick Cordero deserves nothing but our tears and sympathy. He truly fought and suffered. He was ravaged by bad luck and complications. Maybe even some bad decisions. What difference does it make?

Have a plan to get out or the same could happen to anyone of us. God will not save you. There is no god. Access to good medical care and testing early on in the disease process, might just do it.

RIP Nick. Truly, in peace. The end of suffering must bring peace. Even without a god.

by Anonymousreply 182July 7, 2020 3:23 AM

I know a guy who tipped Nick. Good bottom. He will be missed by NY’s five tops.

by Anonymousreply 183July 7, 2020 3:24 AM

R177, I hope you are able to find the professional help you are in desperate need of. Nevertheless, I will pray for you.

by Anonymousreply 184July 7, 2020 3:29 AM

Like you we only know what we read and that has been conflicting statements. Not just Rumplovers believe the pre-existing theory. I don’t understand why you are so touchy about itt. First they said mostly old people die from it. Now they say more young are getting it I don’t know if it’s still the old are mostly dying.

As for the wife I didn’t see her videos but I’m sure many were asking about him and maybe she did them to help her cope with that. I could understand her not accepting the reality of what was happening. I think her telling him about the leg is better than him finding out on his own.

I remember when Andy Whitfield original star of Spartacus found out he had cancer while doing a routine physical. He and his wife made a documentary about it At first they were using new age methods even going to a psychic I think. Then all of sudden it got very serious and he wasn’t on camera anymore. His wife just told what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 185July 7, 2020 3:31 AM

Like someone mentioned upthread, people insist there was a pre-existing condition because the reality of a perfectly healthy middle-aged man in the prime of his life succumbing to this virus scares the shit out of them. Face it folks. This virus is a BEAST. it has killed healthy old people. It has killed healthy young people. Nick Cordero is not the only healthy, relatively young person to die from this and sadly, he may not be the last if people dont start taking this seriously and following the guidance of public health officials.

by Anonymousreply 186July 7, 2020 3:33 AM

R183, I hope it was more than 20%...

That was probably lame but we can use a little humor right now.

I recommend Eurovision Song Contest on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 187July 7, 2020 3:34 AM

Yes I remember reading a healthy man in his late 70s died from it.

by Anonymousreply 188July 7, 2020 3:35 AM

I got the news this morning when I got a phone call from a sobbing friend who had been close to him for several years. Like everyone else, she was devastated because he had been through so much and it seemed unfair to lose the fight. I never met him, but my friend says he was a very sweet man.

For fuck's sake -Wear a mask!

by Anonymousreply 189July 7, 2020 3:43 AM

His wife too went from being a small bit instagram influencer to having 500K followers within a couple months. Her videos are getting over a million views and being turned into news stories. I am not sure if she has another job but if she wants this to be her income there is a lot of pressure to not screw up your account and to keep the followers coming. People must have liked the cheery, quote of the day, jump rope, and sing approach she took as her account blew up. I think it was the daily (or multiple times a day) posting that gives people something to look at and keeps them coming back. Going to be hard to be all positive and smiling and cheery for the next little while. I don't know if she will be able to keep followers a few months from now.

by Anonymousreply 190July 7, 2020 4:11 AM

And I bet she would trade it all in a second if she could get her husband back.

by Anonymousreply 191July 7, 2020 4:18 AM

R191 oh for sure and it likely also gave her something to do while stuck st home worrying about him for 3 months. I don't know what she thought when not on video but she had maintained a belief that he would get better publicly. Losing him after such a long fight had to be so difficult.

by Anonymousreply 192July 7, 2020 5:21 AM

I worked with Nick. We weren't best friends but knew him pretty well, over years. If he was gay,or had pre existing conditions, that was all well hidden. He was a lovely guy who suffered too much and died too young. A sweetheart.

His wife, though, is a Jebus freak. I never got that vibe from him.

by Anonymousreply 193July 7, 2020 5:55 AM

His legs were basically useless anyway.

by Anonymousreply 194July 7, 2020 6:22 AM

The death of the Broadway actor Nick Cordero from Covid-19 has shaken people far beyond the theater world, in large part because he was just 41 and reportedly had no underlying health conditions.

Medical experts said that Mr. Cordero’s death underscored a multitude of unknowns about the coronavirus — including the ways it could imperil even young, healthy people who did not appear to be at increased risk of contracting severe disease.

“The idea that ‘I’m young, I’ll be fine’ is not an idea that we can completely subscribe to,” said Dr. Utibe Essien, a physician and health equity researcher at the University of Pittsburgh.

Amanda Kloots, Mr. Cordero’s wife, has said that he had no known pre-existing conditions that might have worsened the course of his disease. As more data emerges, serious cases of younger, healthy people like him are becoming less of an anomaly, doctors said.

“A young person who has no real medical comorbidities, but gets super sick and ends up on multiple support machines” is a clinical portrait that doctors are now seeing “a lot,” said Dr. Taison Bell, a physician specializing in infectious disease and pulmonary and critical care at the University of Virginia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 7, 2020 11:39 AM

R163, let’s give the wife, now widow, a generous pass on this, OK?

Years ago, I had a good friend die of a heart attack, at 40. Non-smoker, healthy, sober-so no drugs or alcohol, and he had been sober for almost 10 years, I think. Perhaps less. I don’t recall. He was at work, and literally just dropped to the floor, and was in a coma for many weeks, until his mom had to make the choice of keeping him on life support, or not.

During his hospitalization, I became close to his mom, by making it a point to drive to Sherman Oaks on a daily basis, and grab lunch or dinner with her, and provide her with some much needed comfort and company. She knew no one in LA, since she lived elsewhere.

During that time, I was given an opportunity to see what it’s like for someone outside of myself, going through the process of letting someone go- and that someone was her little boy.

It was heartbreaking to watch, yet, it was something that informed me on how grief, mourning, , & acceptance of an impossible decision, experienced by someone who was given the responsibility of making a choice of letting her child go. And I learned that there’s no right way, because what I think is the right way or wrong way, is an ideology based on my personal beliefs and perceptions, and have nothing to do with the person grieving their son, parent, or husband, or wife. It simply was not my place to even think about myself at that time. All I was supposed to do, if anything, was to provide this mother support and a listening ear, and attempt to remind her of self care, by eating with her, and holding her hand when she needed to just break down & cry.

Nick’s wife not only had this devastating situation placed in front of her, she ALSO had to be away from her husband’s bedside, while remaining 100% available to an infant, their little boy, who is a 1 year old. That’s something I cannot even imagine having to do, yet here she is, doing just that, and is a young wife and mother, who had her entire life ahead of her, under the idea that this was going to be a lifelong marriage, where they would grow old together, seeing their son through school, college, perhaps his own wedding, and maybe some grandkids. She lost her life as she knew it, as well. And now she has to remake it, in ways she probably didn’t even think about, because no young woman in the year of 2019, thinks that her husband will succumb to an unknown virus, that hit NYC like a tidal wave, and upend her life forever, as well as her child’s.

I am so saddened that this happened to him, and his family.

This was not supposed to be her future, nor Nick’s or their son’s.

by Anonymousreply 196July 7, 2020 12:12 PM

This was not supposed to be her future, nor Nick’s or their son’s.

But it was, because a bunch of selfish, bigots and racists, who are perpetually angry and thriving of their collective narcissism, decided, against all warnings, to vote for a man who has zero empathy for the country he is expected to protect.

That man not only ignored ALL intelligence that was given to him as early as June of 2019, and presented to him AGAIN, as a dire warning with all the bells and whistles necessary to make anyone understand the unusual and devastating possibility of Pandemic proportions set upon the world and the US, and he CONTINUED to ignore it, even on March of 2020, because he is so self absorbed, AND corrupt, that all he can muster any energy for, is sitting with his team of personal attorneys, in order to ask them questions pertaining to how he and William Barr can keep HIM and HIS buddies out of jail, for criminal activity that led to his own impeachment, and eventually led to the illegal firing of any N.Y. AG, who was investigating his criminality, ALL while Americans like Nick, were losing their lives by the thousands, DAILY.

Honestly, this young man’s death, is not only on the shoulders of Trump, it’s on the shoulders of every single American who is still supporting this president, and who will march to the polls as a now known DEATH MARCH, in November of 2020, and vote for him again, mired in their own belligerence, denial, selfishness, and inability to for JUST ONCE, sacrifice their own unresolved anger and rage voting, in sacrifice and service to their country and fellow Americans, who don’t deserve to die for the incompetence of Donald Trump, his administration, or for their own objectification and debasement of those who don’t look like them, think like them, and who deserve to grow up with their father by their side, rather than losing him, before even learning to walk and talk.

by Anonymousreply 197July 7, 2020 12:15 PM

R186 is right. As humans, we often try to find a reason for the bad things that happen to people. It helps us feel that this stuff wouldn’t happen to us. But it does.

by Anonymousreply 198July 7, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote]Not just Rumplovers believe the pre-existing theory. I don’t understand why you are so touchy about it

What "pre-existing theory"? He had no pre-existing conditions. None. And he is far from the only one.

The disease is only, what, seven or eight months old? It keeps developing and changing, and we keep learning more and more about it.

by Anonymousreply 199July 7, 2020 7:44 PM

Don’t presume that when you test negative that you were positive during that time. There are patients who tested negative (all patients tested upon admission) more than once. After being in hospital for weeks they then have a positive test, though this is rare. They get retested prior to undergo more surgeries or invasive procedures. So when they test positive we know they got infected in the hospital. Maybe that’s what happened to NC.

I know a RN (asymptomatic except for stuffy nose) who just got diagnosed with COVID-19 2 days ago. She last worked at the hospital 5 days ago, came in contact with staff in the break lounge without wearing mask. All staff are required to wear masks at all times except when eating/ taking breaks. So now those who came in close contact with her are monitoring symptoms or getting tested. Contracting the virus while hospitalized is a rare but real possibility.

Underlying health conditions and lifestyle habits like smoking and poor diet aren’t helpful with COVID-19. I only had mild symptoms back in April when I tested positive. A friend of a friend who also tested positive had worse symptoms. It took her almost 6 weeks to test negative for swab/ positive for the antibodies denoting recovery. With me it was only about 4 weeks for all of that. She’s 40 but overweight, has shitty diet but exercises regularly. Her lungs still not back to full capacity, she says she gets winded more quickly when hiking. I’m also 40 but not overweight, though I didn’t exercise regularly like she did when we got infected. I do eat a healthy diet and have been a green tea/ matcha drinker since high school days ((5-7 cups a day). Been taking zinc, vitamin D, regularly for past 5 years. Maybe those things played a role, who knows. I’ve since gone back to jogging and doing ellipticals again, don’t notice any decrease in respiratory status.

by Anonymousreply 200July 7, 2020 8:48 PM

His fame whore wife will be set for life. The poor widow is fucking her dead husband's BFF Zach Braff as I type. Her go fund me is already almost $1 million.

by Anonymousreply 201July 7, 2020 9:40 PM

That's not true about her fucking Zach Braff. Wy would you say something awful like that?

by Anonymousreply 202July 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Who would fuck Zach Braff? Even in grief, it's not possible.

by Anonymousreply 203July 7, 2020 11:18 PM

Braff likes em young! she is not his type.

by Anonymousreply 204July 7, 2020 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!