Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Movies you've watched 100 times

Do you have a movie that you love so much you've seen it many, many MANY times? Maybe you've been watching it every day or week for years or so many times over your lifetime you've lost count. Almost ANY time you can cue it up and watch or just let it run. Maybe it's a musical...or maybe not. Tell us about it.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2020 4:53 PM

None

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2020 2:33 PM

Not hundreds of times but anytime I flip through channels and land on "The Wizard Of Oz", I am hooked yet again.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2020 2:34 PM

Rosemary's Baby

Jackie Brown

Barry Lyndon

Weekend (Andrew Haigh)

North by Northwest

Trading Places

Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2020 2:36 PM

I always travel with Drop Dead Gorgeous on my phone, so I can watch it during long bus rides and while waiting at airports - travelling solo can get a bit boring/lonely at times, but not with that movie around! I spent a month and a half travelling around Morocco last year and I think I watched it at least a dozen times during that time.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Ruthless People....i laugh out loud every time. Anita Morris is a Goddess.

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2020 2:39 PM

Gone with the wind,This property condemned,Cat on a hot tin roof,Auntie Mame (of course!) ,Gentleman prefer blondes ,all the Indiana Jones movies ,I could go on and on .

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2020 2:42 PM

The Poseidon Adventure Close Encounters of the Third Kind Airplane Young Frankenstein The Devil Wears Prada

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2020 2:44 PM

Rebecca, Steel Magnolias, All Through the Night, What's Up Doc, Foul Play, Murder By Death, Topper Returns (watching that now!)

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2020 2:45 PM

I own all of my favorite movies on DVD or BRD so I am usually watching certain ones over and over. They're still enjoyable even if I know the dialogue verbatim.

Wizard of Oz - Back to the Future - Mommie Dearest - Aladdin - Blazing Saddles - Murder by Death - California Suite...on and on...

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2020 2:47 PM

Almost Famous

The Big Lebowski

Moonstruck

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2020 2:50 PM

2001: A Space Odyssey dozens of times. Cabaret hundreds of times.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2020 2:53 PM

Not a hundred times but pretty close: Whenever Step-Brothers is on cable, I have to watch.

I have DVDs of my favorites and often watch Séance on a Wet Afternoon and Eye of the Needle. Perfect rainy day thrillers.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2020 2:58 PM

Fargo! Ya, you betcha!

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2020 3:00 PM

Somehow I doubt you all have watched these long lists of movies that many times.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2020 3:01 PM

R16 I agree. I think '100 times' is hyperbole. Anyone who actually watched one movie 100 times has no intellectual or creative curiosity whatsoever. Watching a movie or reading a book multiple times is a different thing -- it's like visiting a friend.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2020 3:04 PM

None but I have been re-watching The Thing About Harry multiple times because it is one my DVD player, no it isn't a great classic movie, but it makes me smile and feel good and not much is making me smile these days.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2020 3:07 PM

I generally am not someone who likes watching a movie more than two or three times - and I'm talking over my lifetime.

But these movies are very special to me and I've seen them probably a half dozen times:

Barry Lyndon (the only movie I've seen in a theater 3 times)

Horsefeathers

Metropolis

a number of Hitchcock films

Citizen Kane

Carrie (and, I'm embarrassed to admit, Obsession)

Tokyo Story

Annie Hall

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

Plus I have to mention two recent gay films that I went to see twice - something I practically never do - and can imagine seeing again:

End of the Century

And Then We Danced

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2020 3:09 PM

Witness for the Prosecution

Two for the Road

El Secreto de sus Ojos

12 (Russian film)

El Mismo Amor, La Mismia Lluvia

Polisse

Cinq fois Deux

La Pazza Gioia

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2020 3:09 PM

Auntie Mame

Love Actually and Meet Me in Saint Louis - At Christmas

Gone With The Wind

LaLa Land (For Scenery/Music)

Downton Abbey (Series et al)

The Crown

Indochine

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2020 3:23 PM

Napoleon Dynamite

The Shining

Grey Gardens

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2020 3:24 PM

Wow, no one has mentioned Airplane?

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2020 3:27 PM

R21, See R7.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2020 3:31 PM

The Trouble With Angels/Where Angles Go...Trouble Follows

Funny Girl

Moonstruck

Dawson’s 50 Load Weekend.

by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2020 3:35 PM

Showgirls.

I know every word and gesture of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2020 3:38 PM

None.

I think the most I've seen is a movie is "The Wizard of Oz," with "Star Wars" and "Heathers" and 'The Sound of Music" behind it. I've seen "Wizard" no more than 10 times.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2020 3:41 PM

Starship Troopers The Fifth Element Fight Club Aliens

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2020 3:44 PM

Clueless

Moonstruck

Breakfast at Tiffany’s

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2020 3:47 PM

Cabaret

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2020 3:47 PM

You guys are all lying. No one watches Gone with the Wind 100 times. The only movie EVERYONE really has watched 100x is Dirty Dancing.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2020 3:48 PM

Death Becomes Her

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2020 3:49 PM

R29 = Jennifer Grey’s old nose.

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2020 3:50 PM

Mulholland Drive

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2020 3:51 PM

Young Frankenstein

All About Eve

The Princess Bride

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2020 4:05 PM

Call me By your Name star wars JAWS the blue lagoon

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2020 4:46 PM

None but when there were revival houses in NY I saw a number of films I loved a few times. And there was that late afternoon NY movie show that showed the same movie every afternoon for a week. So there were films I saw 5 times.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2020 4:50 PM

You've Got Mail.

Every single time I find it while channel surfing, I watch. I've easily seen it (in whole or in part) more than 100 times.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2020 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!