Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Starsky & Hutch

Were you a fan? What are your memories of the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2020 2:37 PM

When Diana Prince got romantically involved with Starsky in a two part episode! I was in gayling heaven šŸ˜!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2020 6:48 PM

I wanted Paul Michael Glaser in me quite deeply

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2020 7:17 PM

Yes, R2, he was hot back in those days.

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2020 7:25 PM

This poster. I would go into my sisterā€™s room often to admire it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2020 7:53 PM

When Hutch got addicted to heroin for one episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2020 8:01 PM

"Starsky and Crotch" at OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2020 8:04 PM

I feel old!

I preferred Hutch myself.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2020 8:08 PM

Huge fan, one of my favorite shows from the 1970s. I have the entire series on DVD.

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2020 8:20 PM

I was sure they were fucking......that moment in the credits when a bomb exploded and they ended up in each other's arms was absolute proof......I was sure....although I missed the steam room/towels scene when it was replaced with the stripper and Starsky blowing in Hutch's ear. I was also 12 years old......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2020 8:42 PM

I loved David Soul. I still have his 45 of "Don't Give Up On Us" (But I loved the B-side "Black Bean Soup" more)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Watched the show when I was a kid growing up. Starsky was very animated, a better actor but Hutch was the best looking. Loved them both.

by Anonymousreply 11July 4, 2020 9:06 PM

The show was on for 4 seasons, 93 episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 4, 2020 9:10 PM

This gayling learned to love Jewish men watching this show. The blonde one was of no interest.

by Anonymousreply 13July 4, 2020 9:39 PM

Who was the top?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 4, 2020 9:50 PM

R14 I always thought it was Starsky on the top!

by Anonymousreply 15July 4, 2020 11:46 PM

Both were rumored at the time to be very nasty when approached by the show's fans.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2020 12:32 AM

I'd never heard how unhappy PMG was on the show and he even threatened to quit several times during its run. The producers were even contemplating killing him off at the end of season four (and replacing him with Starsky's brother!) but decided against it because they thought having him die would be bad for syndication:

[quote]Glaser again voiced his desires to leave during the fourth and final season. This time, Starsky's wayward younger brother Nick (John Herzfeld) was introduced, in the episode Starsky's Brother. It was intended that if Glaser was to quit, that the reformed Nick would take David's place on the police force (and allow the series to avoid a title change). However, the disgruntled Glaser decided to return yet again, to finish out the season. Although a fifth season was planned, increasing production costs, Glaser's persistent (and oft-publicized) desire to move on, and declining ratings, brought an end to the series.

[quote]The final episode, "Sweet Revenge" (which has Starsky fighting for his life after being gunned down), originally had its co-lead dying in the early drafts. However, the producers decided to have the character survive, as it was felt that a dead Starsky would disrupt the continuity of reruns/syndication, and preclude the option of the producers' reviving the series in the near future. Starsky & Hutch finished #36 in the Nielsen Ratings in their final season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2020 12:40 AM

David Soul is an interesting character. He started off on "Here Come The Brides" with Bobby Sherman. He ended up marrying Sherman's ex-wife. He's one of the few television stars to have a No. 1 song on Billboard. And he's definitely one of the few actors to admit putting out for gay men to get ahead in the business. (Rupert Everett, Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, Aldo Ray, etc).

So far, no comments on the biggest stereotype this side of Sean Hayes' Jack, Huggy Bear?

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2020 1:08 AM

Paul Michael Glaser's insanely sexy smoky looks, hairy chest, tight-jeans beautiful package, and hot tennis shoes-clad big feet.

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2020 6:28 AM

I liked Huggy Bear and the candy-apple red Torino. David Soul was a creepy abuser.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2020 6:45 AM

Early in his career, David Soul sang songs on The Merv Griffin Show with his head in a bag.....The Mystery Singer......I wonder if he took the mask off when he was in bed with Griffin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2020 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!