Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul abandons Twitter!

Gasp!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 12, 2020 9:33 AM

The thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2020 9:34 PM

It's not 'abandonment', it's just divorce.

Twitter is divorcing quite a few people now. I think we need to look out for alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2020 9:40 PM

He has also deleted his posts from Instagram but has yet to delete the entire account.

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2020 9:42 PM

And Instagram. It has not been a good year for Ru.

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2020 9:47 PM

R2 If Twitter suspended it, it would say so. He deactivated his account.

Frankly social media is toxic as hell lately and everyone is looking to cancel everyone. Trans have hated RuPaul for years and people have accused him of being racist every time a white queen is crowned over a (less talented) black queen.

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2020 9:50 PM

Did something specific happen?

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2020 10:02 PM

this doesn't seem great. i hope some kind of scandal isn't brewing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2020 10:13 PM

The idea that drag queens should act as role models just shows you that drag culture has gone full ouroboros and needs a complete overhaul. They need to split into two sects - Disney drag for the chirruns and storytime at the library and for the fraus who use RPDR as a way to be different and experience a sterilized form of gay culture, and classic drag for the rest of us who prefer our queens to be drunk, foul-mouthed, drug-addicted cum dumps who can lipsynch.

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2020 10:24 PM

If he is deleting his entire social media then it's going to be a bigger scandal than what most people are suggesting. Something more criminal and less embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2020 10:46 PM

He's got a horde of twinks buried in his fracking estate?

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2020 10:48 PM

R8 What is 'ouroboros'?

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2020 11:09 PM

R11, it's the worm that eateth its own tail.

The question here, is did RuPaul delete his own account, or was it deleted by Twitter? Because if it's the former, he'll be back. No drama queen can ever stay away.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2020 11:26 PM

he deleted it. all of his social media is down.

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2020 11:39 PM

Michelle Visage hasn't posted in a couple days. Something is going down.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2020 11:41 PM

LOL! Twitter thinks it's because he allows fracking on his ranch. No way in hell that is what this is. The only thing that makes sense is something very serious like he is involved in something criminal or some major scandal will be exposed. Hope he wasn't involved with epstein đŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2020 11:45 PM

Ruh Roh!

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2020 11:57 PM

Kameron Michaels just deleted all his social media too. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2020 12:01 AM

The trannies chased him off, I'm assuming. Some trans outrage is brewing.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2020 1:11 AM

It's not the fracking thing, they've been bitching about that for a few months now but it's not really that big a deal.

I doubt it's Epstein either 🙄

The only reason it's be deactivated is because he's either trying to remove the touchpoints for some forthcoming scandal, or he got fed up with all the nonsense on social media. I'm assuming it's the scandal one because he can just hire a social media manager for the other (and likely already had one).

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2020 3:50 AM

Michelle Visage just deleted her entire Twitter account. What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2020 3:43 PM

He can deactivate and reactivate his account all he wants. He has 30 days to reactivate it and everything stays the same. It's just a game he's playing.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2020 3:48 PM

A lot of people have deleted their SM in the last month. It’s becoming a sign of low-class behavior.

DL used to be on top of all the trends, but seems to have missed the fact that social media is OUT!

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2020 3:54 PM

The new thing is a complete blackout on all SM.

Only the trash remains.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2020 3:54 PM

If only RuPaul really didn't exist....

We need the white version: RuPaul Lynde!

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2020 4:02 PM

Social media is like grindr. It was once for the top shelf but now it’s all the creatures from the bottom of the sea.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2020 4:04 PM

Twitter is so toxic, why do people want to hear about the minutiae of your life? Then everyone has an opinion about it. Diarrhea of the mind.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2020 4:05 PM

Now if only she'd abandon life, then we'd all be better off.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2020 4:27 PM

r27, piss off, troll.

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2020 4:33 PM

The fans are vicious to him. They see him as Mean Mommy Ru and blame him for everything. The past month the Twitter mafia of straight white teenage girls swarmed him about not talking about George Floyd and decided to lecture a sixty year old black man on how to feel about race.

I hope it’s not a scandal, but I could see that being the straw that broke the camel’s back.

But now, Michelle? Maybe she’s doing it in phony solidarity. Or it’s some experiment for their podcast.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2020 4:35 PM

You can’t cancel someone who isn’t online.

SPOILER below:

It’s probably because Cracker won AS5 (the absolute worst time for an undeserving white queen named cracker to beat the deserving black front runner) and he wants to avoid the coming fury.

Or he’s trying to runegotiate his contract.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2020 4:42 PM

My guess is that his PR people told him to, so he could avoid being cancelled for some "transphobic" thing he said in the past. He's making too much money to risk being canceled.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2020 4:59 PM

My guess is that his PR people told him to, so he could avoid being cancelled for some "transphobic" thing he said in the past. He's making too much money to risk being canceled.

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2020 4:59 PM

Rachel Tensions is a great drag name.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2020 5:06 PM

Possible he just got tired of all the bullshit, and I dont blame him. I dont have much in the way of social media, a Twitter I've never used, and a Facebook page I havent touched in months which has sparse detail anyway. Staying away from social media wasnt deliberate for me, life just got in the way. I'm glad now, its become a fucking cesspit

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote]You can’t cancel someone who isn’t online.

As long as everyone has a video camera on their phone, you can be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2020 5:41 PM

Does the Datalounge qualify as social media?

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2020 5:44 PM

R35, please. People who aren’t dependent on social media are less afraid of being “cancelled.” Cancelled only works with people who depend on constant attention from others.

Like the Vanderpump whore. She got cancelled cause she’s nothing without social media attention.

Social media becomes more and more white trash by the day.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2020 5:49 PM

[Quote] People who aren’t dependent on social media are less afraid of being “cancelled.”

What public figure that sells their wares is impervious to social media? Even Trump uses social media to achieve his ends.

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2020 5:51 PM

I just finished AJ and the Queen... I loved it!

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2020 5:54 PM

He's practicing what he preaches by cutting out the negativity in his life.

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2020 6:02 PM

If I were VH1, I'd be pissed off about this.

That is free advertising going to millions that is lost.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2020 6:06 PM

I'm non-binary!

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2020 6:14 PM

He or his team deleted both of them the same night. One of the drag race subs was doing a live thread as it happened, counting down how many Instagram posts were left and what date his twitter account was deleted to. It was all deleted one post at a time. It took a few hours.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2020 6:20 PM

R30. I thought they filmed all of the top three winning and then decided who wins just before the live finale?

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2020 6:21 PM

" The past month the Twitter mafia of straight white teenage girls swarmed him about not talking about George Floyd and decided to lecture a sixty year old black man on how to feel about race. "

Twitter seems to have gotten really toxic, occasionally really dangerous to individuals who get swarmed for little reason or just randomly. If I'd ever joined, I'd be leaving now.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2020 8:30 PM

It's a conscious uncoupling.

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2020 9:45 PM

Does Rupaul have a penis?

by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2020 9:49 PM

That’s what they do, R44; They decide the winner until they edit the finale

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2020 9:58 PM

R47 It could be the longest, smoothest, tastiest penis in the world, but since it has that face attached to the same body, I'd say that penis is of no interest.

by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2020 10:18 PM

[quote]Even Trump uses social media to achieve his ends.

A ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2020 10:26 PM

Twitter is fucking horrible. He probably just came to his senses.

by Anonymousreply 51July 7, 2020 12:16 AM

r15 The ranch does not belong to Ru, it belongs to his husbands family.

Ru has no say in what goes on at that ranch. I guess you think he should divorce his husband?

by Anonymousreply 52July 7, 2020 12:19 AM

I have notice this r22. There are a couple of different actors on shows that I watch that have deleted or stopped using their social media. It was fueled by them having some crazy twitter fans coming for them over various things imagined by the fans. Nothing the actors actually did themselves.

There would be so many upsides to this, one being that social media influence would no longer be a metric used to decide who gets to work in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 53July 7, 2020 12:24 AM

He's abandoned Twitter. Has he abandoned his twatter?

by Anonymousreply 54July 7, 2020 12:40 AM

I seriously doubt this was done because social media has been toxic - it has been for awhile now. Michelle Visage doing the same hints at something as well.

Has anyone heard anything?

by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2020 12:49 AM

R52 RuPaul said that he sold the fracking rights for the land be owns, so he seems to think it's his.

by Anonymousreply 56July 7, 2020 12:50 AM

no way in hell this has anything to do with fracking

by Anonymousreply 57July 7, 2020 1:40 AM

I had a bunch of friends in the entertainment industry give up Twitter- they all cited it was too toxic. One friend had his @ address snapped up, and the guy had tweeted, "Stop pitching me ideas- I'm not xxx"., despite having a famous icon that represents my friend as his profile pic. As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!"

by Anonymousreply 58July 7, 2020 2:55 AM

Michelle has deleted all her tweets. Something is up.

by Anonymousreply 59July 7, 2020 3:39 AM

Social media is so third world anymore.

by Anonymousreply 60July 7, 2020 3:51 AM

Who needs it?

by Anonymousreply 61July 7, 2020 3:51 AM

If social media died the world would be a better place.

by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2020 3:53 AM

I think he just hit his limit dealing with the trans cultists.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2020 9:40 AM

Does Ru still do her own makeup? If yes what was with the masks on the finale?

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2020 10:28 AM

R64 I thought she always had a makeup artist.

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2020 10:36 AM

[quote]Twitter seems to have gotten really toxic, occasionally really dangerous to individuals who get swarmed for little reason or just randomly.

If they're gonna swarm, why not swarm someone deserving?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2020 11:29 AM

If your main audience consists of straight men, you don’t have to worry about being cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2020 1:33 PM

What were "trans cultists" pestering Ru about?

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2020 2:36 PM

With a lot of people stuck at home with nothing better to do, social media platforms have been particularly toxic over the past few months.

I use Twitter a lot - for news, mainly - but rarely engage with anybody else or generate any content myself, but I've been an avid user since 2010. But it has all felt suddenly far more exhausting in the past couple of months that it ever has before.

by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2020 2:44 PM

r64, Mathu Andersen used to do Ru's makeup before he went bonkers. Now Raven does it for her. Hence the masks.

After 40 years, I would hate getting into drag too, as it's a 3 hour process (although they give the queens like 2.5 hours to get ready) and if you tuck, you can't pee at all. That's why Ru usually does long gowns or skirts/dresses that flare out. I know that Detox used to get some kind of filler injections on the soles of his feet so he could wear heels for a longer time without pain.

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2020 2:49 PM

R69 that's because it has been incredibly toxic the past three months.

by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2020 2:54 PM

It’s because Miz Cracker won drag race over Shea Coulee and Jujubee, and they can’t stand the rain against their window.

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2020 2:56 PM

Trixie Mattel and Katya were also threatened with being cancelled for racist statements in the past. Trixie said at a roast, "Do you like my dress? It's cotton. [A black drag queen] picked it."

They have had to apologize, donate money to BLM.

It's sorta funny now because they are CONSTANTLY retweeting things in support of Black people. It's like they are overcompensating.

Ru must have known about that.

by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2020 3:54 PM

If I were Ru’s level of fame I wouldn’t have SM.

It’s for the c, d and f listers.

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]It's like they are overcompensating.

Of *course* they're overcompensating! Trixie and Katya are two of the biggest fan favorites the show has produced, especially among the frauen. Either getting 'cancelled' would be disastrous for them.

To be fair, they're certainly not the only ones. Aquaria is especially egregious for this (then again she is only 24). I didn't think it was possible to out-"woke" her predecessor Sasha Velour, but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2020 4:12 PM

Is a white person not allowed to win drag race anymore? I hope that’s not the reason

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2020 4:58 PM

MIchelle just posted a vaguely worded apology on instagram to all the people she may have unintendedly offended over the years.

I am a black gay man and we need to push back from this cancellation culture if we really want to effect change. The truth is, most people have likely said or done something racist at multiple points in their lives. I have been subjected to racism more time than I can count, but I've also been racist. I've said stupid things about Asian people, people from the middle east, and white people too. I've also said and done things that twenty years ago were acceptable behaviour, things I would never do today. People grow and evolve. It's actions that often speak louder than words. Justin Trudeau wore blackface 20 or so years ago but since becoming Prime Minister of Canada I cannot think of one example of racism. Yet, Trump has never worn black face, but he is a blatant racist. Now, this culture of demonizing everyone who has said or made mistakes that are not politically correct in 2020 will ultimately do more harm than good in the long run.

How we will get to true equality is by ridding ourselves of all labels. Rather then being black or white, or gay or straight, male or female....lets just be humans. We all cry the same tears, we all piss, we all fart, we all shit.

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2020 6:16 PM

Totally agree. People have to allow room for a new awareness to take hold. Canceling everyone is not a reasonable solution. Also most people don’t give a shit about Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2020 7:33 PM

R76 that seems to be the reason, frankly. They keep charts of how many times a black queen has won vs. a white queen, and how many followers each has on Twitter, etc. - if the white queens win or have more followers, it's called racist.

I bet RuPaul is regretting the (originally funny) "the ultimate decision is up to me" tagline.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2020 10:36 PM

If Michelle posted an apology, that means some major news story is coming out. They will have been asked for commentary in advance so they must know something bad is coming.

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]Trump has never worn black face.

Clashes with his orange face.

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote]Twitter is so toxic, why do people want to hear about the minutiae of your life? Then everyone has an opinion about it. Diarrhea of the mind.

That's all fairly recent. It seems to have gotten worse during the past few years.

Originally twitter was a bunch of nonsense chatter, people live tweeting their thoughts about their favorite shows and jokes galore from many funny accounts.

Now it's toxic as hell, filled with bots and Nazis. It's the source of multiple instances of cancel culture, apologies and doxxing. Mob mentality rules. Have you ever seen one of those threads where a person gets caught doing "something" and then the Twitter detectives swarm in, incorrectly guess who the perp is and then put all of their information out there just to find out they were wrong? Jack hasn't attempted to actually do anything helpful to control any of it.

I get exhausted by multiple people posting videos designed to show the worst of humanity just for a few "likes." Outrage generates likes as well.

Celebs have been favoring Instagram for quite a while. They simply post an image, a sentence and then never have to read the comments or turn the comments off completely. They don't feel obligated to respond to anyone. A lot of my friends have migrated over there completely as well.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2020 10:45 PM

R82 Twitter's allowing people to turn off comments now, I guess they saw that happening too.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2020 10:53 PM

There was a blind, obviously about this, on CDAN a day or two ago. One of the posters there said it was about RuPaul and he was stripping his SM accounts because some of the older material contained Confederate flags and blackface. I have no idea whether that's really true.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2020 11:25 PM

seems like it has to do with a few queens behavior at official drag race events. fan events and expos. multiple accusations of drugged out queens grabbing fans breasts, exposing themselves, nonconsensual kissing of underage fans. (mostly by sharon needles) all ignored by management and it points to a culture of inappropriate behavior around young teenage fans of the show

by Anonymousreply 85July 7, 2020 11:25 PM

R84. the pics of Ru in blackface and confederate flags have been out for awhile. i would guess though - that given Ru's early years, it was performative and transgressive than and not political statement of allegiance. One of the pics is actually from To Wong Foo where he played the character Rachel Tensions. This is nothing he would delete accounts over. He posted all these on his own social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2020 12:17 AM

Yeah I don't think that's it. It's also allowed if you're black, which RuPaul is.

by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2020 12:23 AM

Dear Lord, who knew that drag queens aren't family-friendly, wholesome entertainment??

by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2020 12:25 AM

Good for him! Maybe 2020 is the year the old social media (Facebook, Twitter) finally dies.

by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2020 12:27 AM

Facebook has been dying for awhile, but Twitter I think out toxified themselves lately with everything that's been happening this year. I blocked SO many people the past several months because I was tired of seeing retweets about the Daily Karens, endless cancellations for no real reason, frenzied mobs attacking everyone, and unhinged tweet threads designed to stir up division. The DL hasn't been immune either, but Muriel seems to have taken a siesta or died of coronavirus and no one has found the corpse yet.

by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2020 12:30 AM

R88 The allegations are more actual criminal assault than some off color jokes.

by Anonymousreply 91July 8, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]This is nothing he would delete accounts over.

That's one of the odd things about this, R86. So far, he hasn't actually deleted his accounts, he's just stripped the content out of them. I guess we'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 92July 8, 2020 12:49 AM

Most of the blockable garbage on Facebook and twitter originate from bots but people don’t scrutinize the origins, they just retweet.

by Anonymousreply 93July 8, 2020 12:52 AM

Facebook and twitter know that most of those accounts are fake but the sell ads against them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 94July 8, 2020 12:53 AM

I used to like this show in its grittier, irreverent early seasons. My interest waned as both the fandom and drag queens became younger than me, and everything became a touchy-feely afterschool special. Now there is a whole generation of kids who think drag queens should be pillars of society -- yikes!

by Anonymousreply 95July 8, 2020 12:57 AM

R95 Being around a bunch of sjw drag queens sounds like hell. Poor Rupaul and Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 96July 8, 2020 1:08 AM

My first preference is that drag queens just go the fuck away.

My second preference is that if they are going to stick around, they be really outrageous, mean, and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 97July 8, 2020 1:08 AM

But funny, r97.

by Anonymousreply 98July 8, 2020 1:18 AM

Yes, funny. And none of this "realness" shit.

A drag queen is supposed to look like a drag queen, not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 99July 8, 2020 1:22 AM

R99 yeah these so called fishy young queens look like dudes in wigs and kardasian clown makeup still. They need a dose of reality and some personality!

by Anonymousreply 100July 8, 2020 1:30 AM

If RuPaul can do womanface, why can't I do blackface?

by Anonymousreply 101July 8, 2020 1:33 AM

R100, this show was much more fun when it was filled with unapologetic ex-cons and heavy druggies.

by Anonymousreply 102July 8, 2020 3:52 AM

How many seasons of the franchise does ru have left anyway?

by Anonymousreply 103July 8, 2020 4:15 AM

He also hasn't had a podcast out since March.

Maybe this crazy moment has been too much for him--he's always been politically incorrect and contemptuous of the quickly offended. Some of his standard jokes would've gotten a straight white man cancelled years ago.

I'm not a big fan of Drag Race or Michelle Visage, but hope Ru survives whatever's happening.

by Anonymousreply 104July 8, 2020 5:20 AM

Team Ru!

by Anonymousreply 105July 8, 2020 5:25 AM

Ru is one of about 5 living people in the universe that actually impress me.

by Anonymousreply 106July 8, 2020 5:27 AM

She made it from the back alleys of 1980s Atlanta to the Hollywood A-list. That is not an easy feat.

And all the pitfalls that befall most people between those two places, he somehow managed to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 107July 8, 2020 5:34 AM

Some trans have always had it in for RuPaul.....

This goes back to when there were "trans" and "drag queens".... RuPaul only exists as femme when she's getting paid to do drag, and that bothered some trans because she wasn't "real", or whatever. Then as RuPaul's fame grew and rest of the draq queens (and certainly trans) were getting left behind that hate grew even more in some parts of trans community.

At this state RuPaul makes more money, and has greater wealthy than every single so called "famous" trans; Laverne Cox, Candis Cayne, etc...and some of them can't take it.

Can see why this recent trans "movement" would want RuPaul to get out in front against "inequality" and promote their agenda. Far as I know RuPaul isn't having any of it and sticks to her own business.

by Anonymousreply 108July 8, 2020 5:38 AM

R107

And old queens like Lady Bunny along with host of trans are gashing their teeth over RuPaul's success and happiness.

RuPaul has something else none of them do either; a long term partner who is now her husband.

by Anonymousreply 109July 8, 2020 5:40 AM

R107

So many both old school and young seem to think RuPaul just happened; however truth is that bitch worked her ass off to get where she is now. Overcoming all sorts of racial and gender prejudices, this was when most people (and this includes many gays) thought drag queens were only entertainment, and trans were mostly hoes.

IIRC you can see RuPaul at @ 2:05 in B-52's Love Shack video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 8, 2020 7:27 AM

R107 A-List, I disagree with. B-List, certainly. It's a feat regardless.

RuPaul has enabled this culture with his pop psychology babble that purports to be deep thoughts. You have a generation of people who grew up obsessed with Drag Race and treating the queens as intellectuals. I think at first he thought he was cashing in on a trend, but he definitely helped it along and it's now biting back at him.

by Anonymousreply 111July 8, 2020 12:12 PM

Apparently this might have to do with Demi Sexton.

Seems she was cast for season 13 despite there being sexual allegations against her.

SJWs are turning it into : RuPaul will hire sexual predators but not trans/bio queens.

I read a few of the allegations and it seems Demi would get drunk and physically harass others, and that she makes fake profiles to trap guys who wouldn’t talk to her, and that she sends a lot of unsolicited sex videos out as well.

by Anonymousreply 112July 8, 2020 12:54 PM

But what about Carmen Carrera and that odious Gia Gunn? The show enabled them to come out as trans. And the winner of Drag Race Thailand Season 2 is trans.

We used to have Drag Queens, who were camp and over the top; Female Impersonators, who looked more fishy; and Transexuals. We are going to live in a bland and humorless world with all the appropriations and cancellations.

by Anonymousreply 113July 8, 2020 1:12 PM

What's gonna end up happening is that if you are old enough to remember when MTV only played videos, then you are in a position to be cancelled because whether you remember it or not you have probably done something that can get you cancelled. The great thing about Ru is that he can sit on his piles and piles and piles of money and say fuck you to all of them. I don't know if Michelle is in that position, but I hope she is or is close to it. Politically correct and sensitive drag queens?!?!!? What's the fucking point?

by Anonymousreply 114July 8, 2020 1:15 PM

R114, racist white teen girls will be pleased.

When they became an overwhelming part of the fandom, that’s when drag changed.

Those racist white teen girls who brag about being woke ruined this show.

Now, drags queens must be inspirational, young, rich, pretty, thin, modelesque and white for them to become popular.

That’s why the talentless but thin Farrah Moan is super popular while those who are talented but bitchy like Alexis are hated.

by Anonymousreply 115July 8, 2020 2:42 PM

R115, I don't even remember which season it was, but the one Farrah Moan was on was when I quit watching -- annoying, whiny little bitch who cried all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 116July 8, 2020 2:46 PM

I thought it was gonna come out he’s a pedo or something. With his pull and power in the gay community I wouldn’t be surprised if he had sex with underage queer boys.

But this scandal is underwhelming so far.

by Anonymousreply 117July 8, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote]SJWs are turning it into: RuPaul will hire sexual predators but not trans/bio queens.

It's not a good look, though, coming on the heels of the Sherry Pie shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 118July 8, 2020 3:01 PM

Well, they're coming for Ru.

Of course, nobody knows why he deleted his Twitter but people are speculating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 8, 2020 3:10 PM

R119

Honestly he shouldn’t have done that shit if he didn’t want to be called out for it. Why would anyone ever think any of that is a good idea? Lame if this is because of that. He can’t take the heat for his own deplorable actions. Literally ran out of the kitchen lmao

by Anonymousreply 120July 8, 2020 3:27 PM

It's not because of that, r120.

by Anonymousreply 121July 8, 2020 3:33 PM

Sorry but it needs to be said, cancellation culture is every bit as toxic as the right-wing rhetoric that fuels Trump supporters. People are retroactively using the norms and standards of 2020 to condemn people's actions decades ago. I know it's shocking to understand, but people evolve and grow and undergo value shifts. Sometimes those shifts are for the worst, yes, and those people should be called out. I am 37 years old, and in the 80s, I remember my parents saying widely homophobic things. While it hurt and stuck with me well into adulthood, their words primarily reflected the popular opinion of that era. Today, my parents are hugely supportive of the LGBTQ+, have accepted me, and love my husband more than they love me, I think. They evolved, they saw the errors of their ways and learned from them. People need to recognize the difference between wilful bigotry and just uninformed idiots. Wilful bigots should be canceled and dealt with accordingly, but people living in a bubble of obliviousness should be made to learn and allowed the opportunity to grow. Real change is a long and involved process that can sometimes take decades. Ru's wearing a confederate flag dress nearly 30 years ago, 1) was a reflection of the times as it wasn't entirely the deal it is today, and 2) as a black man, it's clever subversion (which is what drag culture is all about). Then there's JK Rowlings. I disagree with her wholeheartedly, and she deserves to be called out, but I wouldn't classify her comments as hate speech. Yes, her words have the potential of causing harm, and she should be held to account. But her opinions are really those of a rich, cloistered woman who thinks she knows better than the rest of us because she's good with words and has a couple of degrees behind her.

This current puritanical pursuit of cancellation culture really is an attack on freedom on expression. There is a difference between free speech and hate speech, but those lines are becoming so blurred we're entering dangerous territory. At this rate, let's be honest, how long before drag is deemed offensive and no longer allowed to be practiced? This is where it's all going.

As for RU sheltering sexual predators, well then he deserves what he gets if that's the case. Ru is all about money and it wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 122July 8, 2020 3:40 PM

Oh please. Everyone's a "sexual predator" now if they accidentally brush past someone in a hallway. THAT sort of nonsense is part of cancel culture. The intolerance to minor errors or mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 123July 8, 2020 3:45 PM

R122, JK Rowling's experience of what being a woman is comes from being a woman. What life experiences have you had that give you knowledge of what it means to be a woman?

by Anonymousreply 124July 8, 2020 3:49 PM

R124

What makes cis women superior to trans women? Why do you ignore the struggles trans people go through? Women like her have no compassion and sympathy for a marginalized minority group. Do cis women have it shitty? Yes, but so do trans women.

by Anonymousreply 125July 8, 2020 3:53 PM

R117, based on the preferences he professes on his podcast, I doubt he likes underage boys. His type seems to be tall, older, not conventionally handsome men.

by Anonymousreply 126July 8, 2020 3:59 PM

Are you claiming to be a transwoman now, r125?

by Anonymousreply 127July 8, 2020 4:15 PM

Also r125, why is being a woman something shitty, in your eyes?

by Anonymousreply 128July 8, 2020 4:17 PM

R127

No I’m a gay cis man. I’m a trans ally and am attracted to trans men as well as cis men.

R128

The abuse from men, misogyny still being a barrier and unequal pay. They clearly aren’t equals in society.

by Anonymousreply 129July 8, 2020 4:22 PM

Here r56

[quote]We found that Ru’s partner, Australian rancher Georges LeBar, owns seven parcels of land in Wyoming totaling some 66,000 acres. LeBar’s company, Le Bar Ranch, leases that land to at least three oil companies: Anadarko E&P Onshore, Chesapeake Operating, and Anschutz Oil Company. Using FracTracker, we looked at just 10,000 of those acres and found more than 35 active oil and gas wells.

There are interviews where Ru has stated that the ranch belongs to his husband's family. Why people are calling it "Ru's ranch" like he bought it and started leasing it out, I don't know, but that is not the truth of the situation. Ru married George LeBar and the LeBar family owns the ranch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 8, 2020 4:29 PM

R130 actually all you're showing is that it belongs to his husband, not "his husband's family". Which means RuPaul owns it too.

by Anonymousreply 131July 8, 2020 4:32 PM

R109, Did Bunny have some sort of falling out with Ru?

by Anonymousreply 132July 8, 2020 4:43 PM

The fracking has been known for months.

I think in 2030 people will look back at cancel culture and these gossip and drama channels and subreddits and see that as an awful thing. It is basically witchhunts and cyberbullying. It is entertainment to many. They aren't actually outraged, they just jump on a bandwagon and enjoy the show..

by Anonymousreply 133July 8, 2020 4:45 PM

Apparently Ru tried to frack Lady Bunny's old, weathered mussy for oil.

by Anonymousreply 134July 8, 2020 4:45 PM

r131 all I know is that Ru has said it's George's family's land, George runs the ranch, the rest of the LeBar family is in Australia.

I wouldn't be so sure that George and his family would welcome the ranch being community property any more than I think Ru would leave everything he's built in entertainment open to community property.

I guess there's no such thing as divorce in your world.

by Anonymousreply 135July 8, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote]It's not a good look, though, coming on the heels of the Sherry Pie shitshow.

Mimi Imfurst did some pretty gross stuff too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 8, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote] Mimi Imfurst did some pretty gross stuff too.

I can assure you some of those queens from the older seasons did some pretty 'questionable' things -- they worked dive bars, telling bawdy jokes in drunk crowds, often under the influence of various substances themselves, sometimes 'interacting' with sketchy men who may or may not have known they were not real ladies. Shit happened. I'm not sure why this is shocking to these kiddies or why they expect drag queens of all people to behave like Public Diplomacy Envoys.

by Anonymousreply 137July 8, 2020 4:57 PM

R135 all I know is that RuPaul refers to it as his ranch, and said the land was leased for fracking.

I don't care either way, just it's bizarre that you are trying to somehow prove RuPaul has no control over it and is just helpless because you can't stand to have him criticized or something.

It's a non-issue anyway and certainly not what the deletion of the accounts was for.

by Anonymousreply 138July 8, 2020 5:01 PM

I don’t think it’s the blackface or confederate dress. RuPaul, and every other black man or woman, have the right to appropriate the symbols of oppression and turn them on their heads. Ru wearing a dress made of the confederate flag is an act of defiance, irony and humor. He can wear blackface too if he wants.

by Anonymousreply 139July 8, 2020 5:02 PM

"No I’m a gay cis man. I’m a trans ally and am attracted to trans men as well as cis men."

So, r127, being you're attracted to pussy and/or pharmaceutically engorged clitorises?

by Anonymousreply 140July 8, 2020 5:11 PM

Yes r129, there are lots of stresses and strains from being a woman in a patriarchal society (have a look around the globe, for women it's very tough in many parts of the world) but there are also plenty of great things about a woman. As a biological woman, however, I share none of those things in common with transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 141July 8, 2020 5:13 PM

Twitter sucks ass

by Anonymousreply 142July 8, 2020 7:12 PM

Frack don't crack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 8, 2020 7:29 PM

When Ru was on Fresh Air, he made it sound like the ranch was his and his husband's.

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2020 7:40 PM

Anyone who takes offense at the photo at R119, really doesn't understand drag and/or drag culture. Or maybe my old ass is just stuck in the past when most people had a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2020 7:50 PM

R144 no he didn’t.

He said the property belonged to his Husband’s family. He made that crystal clear.

You losers who refuse to do anything other than work at in and out really believe that if you try hard enough you can drag him back to minium wage work.

I promise you, no matter how hard you try, that won’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 146July 8, 2020 7:55 PM

R144 is a pathological liar. Hence the lack of links to support his false and made-up claims.

by Anonymousreply 147July 8, 2020 7:55 PM

"Then there's JK Rowlings... her opinions are really those of a rich, cloistered woman who thinks she knows better than the rest of us because she's good with words and has a couple of degrees behind her."

This is a woman who survived decades of poverty/welfare and years of male violence. Yes, she's rich now, but do you honestly think her memory has been wiped clean? And as for "cloistered"-- well, I would be, too, if I had literally hundreds of fanatics threatening to rape and kill me.

by Anonymousreply 148July 8, 2020 8:18 PM

r125, Cis women don't think they're superior to trans, it's the trans who think that the cis women think that they are superior to them. Yikes that is an ungainly sentence.

by Anonymousreply 149July 8, 2020 8:42 PM

R140

I’m attracted to all men. I am actually able to get hard to trans men in porn and find them as hot as cis men, unlike women. My penis deflates ust seeing/hearing a woman lol but it loves trans men as equal as cis men.

by Anonymousreply 150July 8, 2020 8:50 PM

*just

by Anonymousreply 151July 8, 2020 8:50 PM

R50, So you're not gay then are you? Just a bi/pan who has a preference for masculinized women.

by Anonymousreply 152July 8, 2020 9:08 PM

Apologies to R50, wrong number! Lol

by Anonymousreply 153July 8, 2020 9:12 PM

R150, So you're not gay then are you? Just a bi/pan who has a preference for masculinized women. Why is that so hard to say?

by Anonymousreply 154July 8, 2020 9:14 PM

R154

Because I am not bi. I identify as gay because I’m attracted to men.

A masculine woman would be a butch lesbian. I am not attracted to that. I’m attracted to men.

by Anonymousreply 155July 8, 2020 9:22 PM

R155, you admitted you're attracted to some women who think they're men, and a lot of transmen just so happen to be lesbian women. You're literally not gay lol. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 156July 8, 2020 9:39 PM

R132

RuPaul and Lady Bunny have been friends since their youth in Atlanta. Like all friendships of younger days they have their ups and downs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 9, 2020 2:29 AM

R146 ad hominem attacks mean you're losing the argument.

by Anonymousreply 158July 9, 2020 6:02 AM

R156 what are you trying to prove? R155 already said it very clearly, he’s attracted to cis men and to trans men. If what you’re trying to (rather clunkily) do is let everyone know you don’t believe in trans people you could just do that without having to use R155 as a prop. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 159July 9, 2020 6:58 AM

Doesn’t really seem like an argument to me so much as someone was shutdown, corrected and dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 160July 9, 2020 7:35 AM

R160 lol ‘dismissed’? How early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 161July 9, 2020 8:41 AM

More people should give it up - it's toxic.

by Anonymousreply 162July 9, 2020 9:14 AM

R159 you can believe in trans people, but trans men are biologically women, so if a man is attracted to men and trans men (women) the man is bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 163July 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Drag queens should fight over make-up, clothes and pageant trophies, not politics.

by Anonymousreply 164July 9, 2020 10:43 AM

R163 he already said he isn’t attracted to women. There’s no point going back and forth on this. You’re wrong (it’s legally and medically accepted) but you’re choosing to be that way. So all I can say is change your ‘logic’ byline to ‘ignorance’.

by Anonymousreply 165July 9, 2020 5:33 PM

"You’re wrong (it’s legally and medically accepted)"

Just keep trying to shove this down people's throats, R165. If you think that there will ever come a time when human beings-- gay, straight, or bi-- accept that sex has nothing to do with genitals (you know, those things we have sex with?) you are delusional. All the "re-education" in the world is not going to change innate and unchangeable sexual orientations.

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2020 6:12 PM

R166 I never said sex has nothing to do with genitals, but it doesn’t have everything to do with it. Also once you accept there being a separation between gender and biological sex (again, legally and medically established) it becomes much more nuanced. Chill out. Live and let live is a really good phrase to remember in this instance. It would also be a good exercise to look back at how reluctant the world was to accept gay sex as normal and not ‘crazy and delinquent’ and then think about how you’re applying those same tactics to another group of people. Seems obvious to me but clearly not to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2020 6:30 PM

R165 of course he did. Trans men are not biological men. He's attracted to biological men and biological women. He's bi.

Sexual orientation is about sex-based attraction, not gender. And you can't change sex.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2020 6:48 PM

Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2020 6:51 PM

R169 Good comment! You can go now.

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2020 6:53 PM

"Chill out. Live and let live is a really good phrase to remember in this instance."

I agree. And I'll be happy to "chill out" when heterosexuals who call themselves "queer" let lesbians and gay men live their lives in peace. Is it a deal?

"It would also be a good exercise to look back at how reluctant the world was to accept gay sex as normal and not ‘crazy and delinquent’ and then think about how you’re applying those same tactics to another group of people."

Gay liberation was about ACCEPTING that people have innate sexual orientations that can not be changed. Radical trans activism is about DENYING it. Who, exactly, is refusing to practice "live and let live"?

by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2020 7:20 PM

R168 as I said before, nuance is key here. You don’t allow for any, and associate strict rules between biological sex at birth and sexual orientation. But R155 and lots of other people don’t align with that thinking. You don’t get to make the rules in this instance, and since the existence of trans men and women has been as I said previously legally and medically established, its unreasonable for you to decide the R155 is bi when he has said otherwise.

What you say also brings up a real vagueness around certain status via disclosure. If a straight man had sex with a trans woman and had no idea the woman was trans, does this make him bisexual per your rationale?

R171 When I said chill out I didn’t mean “make some random non-definitive group of people submit to my irrational and extremely vague set of personally derived angry demands and then chill out”. You must be a nightmare at a party. Stop screaming at me and go out and meet a trans person in real life and stop being scared of some bogeyman that some weird right wing trolls have convinced you exists. It doesn’t. Trans people aren’t out to get you. The only people denying your rights are Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2020 9:11 PM

R172, there is no "nuance" when the practitioners of FGM are slicing off the genitals of millions of girls, or when women are forced into menstrual huts (where some of them have died), or when girlchildren are being sold into marriage, or when Trump is taking women's reproductive rights away, or when infant girls are murdered in China, or when gay men are thrown off buildings in the Middle East, or when gay men are beaten to death in Russia. Somehow, some way, the oppressors always know the exact definitions of "male" and "female" in those situations. Isn't that amazing? It's almost like Patriarchy doesn't give a shit how you, or I, or anyone, identifies.

I'm not "screaming." But I sure as hell won't shut up.

by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2020 10:17 PM

R173 I think it’s past your bedtime.

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2020 10:26 PM

R172 you're using circular logic. You keep mentioning "the existence of trans men and women has been legally and medically established" and use that to justify your distortion of reality that says men can be women and vice versa.

Even your phrasing is contaminated: "biological sex at birth". Their biological sex cannot be changed, period. This is not up for debate in legitimate reality-based science, which is to say science, not pseudo-science.

What HAS been established is that some men and women have gender dysphoria, which is a psychological issue. There are different ways to treat this, one of which includes going through medical transition. Medical transition just means hormone replacement and body alterations. It does not change your biological sex. The person will never be the sex they wish they were. They can change the outward appearance somewhat, and even change some hormones, but they are still the sex they are observed to be at birth.

Gay men are attracted to biological sex, not gender. You're using the same argument that religious homophobes use who send their children to gay conversion therapy, namely that innate sexuality can be changed by reprogramming, and is all mental.

You're essentially claiming that sexuality is not innate and agreeing with the homophobes that conversion therapy works in an attempt to justify your clearly polluted-with-trans dogma thought pattern.

Your argument is not based in logic or science. It's sophistry.

by Anonymousreply 175July 10, 2020 5:55 AM

WTF does any of this have to do with RuPaul and Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 176July 10, 2020 6:32 AM

OK, back to the subject. Why did RuPaul shut his SM shit down?

R176 beat me to it

by Anonymousreply 177July 10, 2020 6:34 AM

R176 I think they are trying to say anonoying trannies and the twitter woke brigade made Ru delete everything and walk away?

by Anonymousreply 178July 10, 2020 6:37 AM

Well, that is one idea, but Ru sat it out over the whole "She Mail" bullshit controversy and lived to tell the tale.

by Anonymousreply 179July 10, 2020 6:44 AM

It’s been a few hours... is that cis/trans/bi/pan argument finally fucking over?

Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 180July 10, 2020 7:28 AM

Holding out for more money? Again, he's stuck it out over other shit before and been pretty vocal. This seems strange

by Anonymousreply 181July 10, 2020 7:32 AM

Well Kameron Michaels also has wiped her online presence as well, so maybe something is up.

Then again it is July and people just might have decided to take a break from all the madness and drama going on ATM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 10, 2020 7:55 AM

It'd be funny if this started a trend of sane people abandoning social media. Let the nutcases argue with themselves.

I think Twitter's recent moves to crack down on certain types of speech, as well as Reddit, have made people realize that these are not safe spaces for the free exchange of ideas, they are cesspits of the lowest common denominator and should be abandoned by free-thinking people.

Social media, when it began, was vastly more exclusive. You could argue and discover new ideas. Now, because it's so easy for any idiot to install an app and post shit, you end up with morons who normally wouldn't be able to participate in the discussion, wading in with their ill-considered ideas and half-formed thoughts. Previously they were limited to their physical social groups and had much less impact.

by Anonymousreply 183July 10, 2020 8:02 AM

Kareon Michaels posted an explanation for deleting his IG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Has there been any reasonable rumor at all about this? It's weird to hear nothing at all. If it was some kind of negotiation technique something would have leaked by now.

by Anonymousreply 185July 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Maybe it relates to the nutty face masks he was wearing during the Drag Race finale. The People of Twitter were VICIOUS and unforgiving about it.

by Anonymousreply 186July 10, 2020 10:36 AM

RuPaul’s personal IG account has over 4 million followers, and the Drag Race account only 3 million. If he were to delete the account, he would sacrifice a direct connection to over a million people with one click.

by Anonymousreply 187July 10, 2020 10:38 AM

R150 is attracted to pussy if it's on a transman. Personally, as a lesbian, I'm not attracted to penis if it's on a transbian. Is that transphobic of me?

by Anonymousreply 188July 10, 2020 10:40 AM

Oh, who the fuck cares r188?

by Anonymousreply 189July 10, 2020 10:43 AM

R150 is one of those "transwomen are women" types. These days in the "LGBTQIANB2S++++ community" if you say you're only attracted to your own sex, you're basically turned into a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 190July 10, 2020 10:45 AM

RuPaul has some psych issues and an asocial personality generally. And he’s a Scorpio. He talks about all this on his podcast.

He was REALLY excited for his Netflix show AJ and the Queen and it was a huge flop and he probably went into a depression over that. His appearance with the s&m/facelift mask was bizarre and made more bizarre by his decision not to give any explanation. Twitter (and DL) dragged him for it, saying he did it because he can’t do his own makeup and he is less talented than the contestants he criticizes on his show. People were pretty merciless and unforgiving. The contestants on his show beg to be cast on it and then half of them try to get attention after the show by tearing him apart and calling him the worst human being on the planet because 1) he’s not their best friend; 2) he is an extreme introvert (as he always says); 3) he can’t have the right opinion about transgender people, women, men and goldfishes that will satisfy all people.

I could probably list 20 other reasons RuPaul would do well for his own mental health to stay off social media.

by Anonymousreply 191July 10, 2020 10:52 AM

Just put r188 on ignore or even FF him for derailing the thread. He's not going to stop.

by Anonymousreply 192July 10, 2020 10:54 AM

I don't disagree R191, but I had assumed that his contract specified he use social media for promotion. He's got millions upon millions of followers.

But the last time he tweeted was back on March 28 so he clearly wasn't promoting anything at the end of last season anyway.

by Anonymousreply 193July 10, 2020 11:00 AM

RuPaul should have left it eons ago when she was vaguebooking Animal Farm references. This was during the “You’ve got She Mail” debacle.

The pigs became the oppressors once they had power.

by Anonymousreply 194July 10, 2020 11:11 AM

[quote]he can’t have the right opinion about ... goldfishes that will satisfy all people.

That's goldxers to you, you fucking cisgender faggot!

by Anonymousreply 195July 10, 2020 11:14 AM

R193 Maybe it specifies he use Instagram and that’s why he didn’t technically close his account? He could forgo personal posts from now on and just post show-related content or even just repost what the official Drag Race account puts out there, or hand the account over to the production’s social media staff.

I do like RuPaul. In full disclosure, I am one of those people who puts some credence into the pseudoscience of astrology and RuPaul shares my mom’s birthday and so maybe that’s why I make excuses for him. But DL actually turned me on to his podcast years ago and I love a lot about it.

I find him to be a very interesting and overall honest person, and I am a little worried about his emotional well being.

He gets pop culture and so maybe he can put it into objective terms, but I think it would be hard for anyone to do. There is a standard cycle of how standout celebrities are processed by the public: they’re the novelty, celebrated for being different (90s RuPaul) and then often just thrown aside (00s RuPaul); sometimes they have a big comeback (Drag Race RuPaul) and become ‘iconic’ in some ways. But the bigger they are made by fans, the harder they fall when they are chopped down by their own fans for not living up to their own hype. The public always will do this build-them-up/knock-them-down shit to people. He’s in knockdown phase. If he were to succumb to it, he’d be a tragic legend. If he can lie low and ride it out and then be brought back publicly years later, he’ll be “living legend RuPaul.”

I suspect he is going through some emotional turmoil right now, and when Scorps go through rough times, they need to withdraw into a dark crevice and wait it out.

by Anonymousreply 196July 10, 2020 11:18 AM

R196 that would explain him but not Michelle Visage doing the same thing. There's more going on here.

by Anonymousreply 197July 10, 2020 12:21 PM

R197 Michelle, too? I didn’t know that.

OK, change of theory:

Both RuPaul and Michelle will eventually resurface and say that they received credible death threats from transgender activists who threatened to murder them. Maybe both woke up with wig-wearing mannequin heads in their beds and the word DIE TERF written in lipstick on their mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 198July 10, 2020 12:24 PM

Maybe they are under investigation for the disappearance of Naya Rivera.

by Anonymousreply 199July 10, 2020 12:25 PM

Wasn’t RuPaul’s last public tweet, “@nayarivera Hey, gurl, let’s go for a swim!”?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 10, 2020 12:27 PM

This is probably unrelated, but look who suddenly pops up with her own version of history (I'm not linking p!NK newz but you can see how ridiculously slanted this article is for horrid troll The Vixen):

Drag Race icon The Vixen has opened up about her exit from season 10, her relationship with RuPaul and the racist treatment she has received.

The Vixen won a special place in the hearts of fans after walking off the season 10 reunion in protest at what she has often described as racial bias.

As a Black queen, The Vixen was painted as a confrontational force in the Drag Race werk room, particularly when she rubbed up against Eureka.

Famously, she told RuPaul: “Everybody’s telling me how I should react but nobody’s telling her how to act,” before exiting the stage.

In the years since The Vixen has continued to be an advocate for Black queens – with her BlackGirlMagic project winning praise from the Obama Foundation, and has become an outspoken critic of the franchise.

In a new interview with the Back From Reality podcast, the Chicago queen revisited her time on the show, detailing poor working conditions, alleged threats from producers and a frosty relationship with RuPaul.

“We have no off-camera relationship,” she said of the Drag Race host.

“I ran into her once at an elevator. It was a nod and she kept on moving.”

The Vixen detailed some of the racist abuse she’s received from the fandom since being on the show, including threats from so-called fans who warned they would throw acid over her at DragCon.

She said the makers of the show could “absolutely” do more to protect its Black queens, in part by not presenting queens within an “angry Black girl” narrative, and by ending the framing of Black queens in the context of white Eurocentric beauty.

Of the now-infamous reunion episode, The Vixen said that although producers were furious with her exit, they had goaded her into “drama”.

“On camera they were telling me I shouldn’t do these things, but the days leading up to it they were saying they wanted drama, they wanted good TV, but their idea of good TV was cornering me.”

After she walked off set, The Vixen claimed that producers “insinuated” they would kick her out of her hotel room unless she cooperated.

Of RuPaul’s comments on the reunion that “comes from the same goddam she comes from”, The Vixen said that the host was complicit in her treatment.

“Ru creates this platform, but when you look at the 40 white producers that accept an award with her, those are the people that she’s really answering to.

“It doesn’t matter that she’s looking at a queen that looks just like her. She doesn’t see with empathy, because she’s looking through the eyes of 40 white men.”

When asked whether she would consider returning to Drag Race, The Vixen replied: “Absolutely not. You can’t expect the person that hurt you to heal you.”

by Anonymousreply 201July 10, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote]She said the makers of the show could “absolutely” do more to protect its Black queens, in part by not presenting queens within an “angry Black girl” narrative

"Narrative"? Coming from Vixen?

by Anonymousreply 202July 10, 2020 12:44 PM

This show is so weird culturally.

I have never heard of Top Chef contestants expecting Padma Lakshmi to adopt them, or Project Runway contestants to think Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum should invite them to Thanksgiving dinner. But ANTM contestants and Drag Race contestants all seem so bitter that the executive producer-hosts don’t ask them all to move into their homes and breast feed them.

by Anonymousreply 203July 10, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote] I don't know if Michelle is in that position,

Don't worry, she's got her royalties from her hit song off the Bodyguard soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 204July 10, 2020 1:10 PM

[quote]I don't know if Michelle is in that position

Doggie style all the way for me!

by Anonymousreply 205July 10, 2020 1:12 PM

I wish people like the vixen would take responsibility for their actions. The contestants act the way they act and it’s shown for the world to see. If they act like angry bitches, own it. Unless it is scripted, they have no excuse.

Also, rupaul is a star with loyal followers. Of course people are going to threaten someone who comes for mama Ru.

Young Americans can to take responsibility and expect everything to be handed to them.

by Anonymousreply 206July 10, 2020 3:01 PM

Sorry- young Americans can’t take responsibility...

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Ru is black. She doesn't run from it or hide it and she sure as hell didn't have an easy time moving from Atlanta poor black kid to NYC Club Kid to Supermodel of the World. I wish I understood what some of these queens are expecting from him. It's a show.

As for The Vixen, I am sure there is racism in the clubs, in the bookings, and in the money and all that can get you down. But he was a straight up cunt his entire season. You can't control the editing, but you can control what you give them to edit.

by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2020 3:17 PM

r208, in the "Werk the World" series, Asia O'Hara talks about the subtle racism of the RPDR fans- in the meet and greets, they'll ask the "older" black queens (not Naomi or Yvie) to step out of the pics.

by Anonymousreply 209July 10, 2020 4:23 PM

R201, I love that The Vixen is trying to still pretend she was the victim of an “angry black queen” narrative. I have never seen someone so unstable, so unhinged, and so toxically enraged as she was on her season.

Want to change your image? Try not to act like an unprofessional, dangerous animal in front of TV cameras.

by Anonymousreply 210July 10, 2020 6:24 PM

I’m so fucking sick of the RuPaul trans/bio queen bullshit. They took away one of the show’s funniest bits — “ooh, gurl. You’ve got she-mail.” Monica Beverly Hillz came out as trans to support from the judging panel in season five. Peppermint and Gia were openly trans during their seasons. We even pretended like Sonique had something to offer other than her lopped off dick on that Christmas special. WE GET IT.

Maybe there should be one or two trans girls per season. But people watch this show for the transformation. No one wants to see a pretty girl turn into a pretty girl. That’s boring TV. This reeks of delusional and talentless trans girls auditioning for the show and not making the cut based on their lack of ability and chalking it up to transphobia, not to mention entitled straight white young women feel they have to bulldoze themselves into the ONE piece of pop culture that is off limits to them.

Cut your hair and become a Drag King. But you don’t get to be a bio female, put on some mascara, and demand to represented on the show.

The second that bio queens are allowed to compete is the second most people will stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 211July 10, 2020 6:36 PM

R209 Asia O'Hara is an idiot. She tries to pretend to be this "wise old woman" stereotype but all that comes out of her mouth is pop psychology babble and even that isn't very good.

I think if you are looking for racism, you will find it everywhere. Confirmation bias. Asia and The Vixen and some of the other black queens definitely are looking for it so they can paint themselves as victims.

The Vixen's drag was cheap and bad, just like her. The only reason she stayed on the show so long was because she brought drama, because she is a toxic individual. It's ridiculous that some (like P!NK News) think that it's somehow a virtue or she's doing anything to promote a cause other than herself.

She's an opportunist and is trying to cash in on the racial issues in the US. She doesn't do this with quality or good insights or anything useful, she does it with guilt and shaming and manipulation.

by Anonymousreply 212July 10, 2020 6:40 PM

Asia was also a huge fucking liar with that “Fans ask me to step out of the picture” bullshit that took off. I’m sure it happened to her once. I’ll even give her the benefit of the doubt and say it happened twice. But three times is a lie, every show is a bigger lie, and if fans did that, it wasn’t for racism. She was a mediocre queen with a rotten personality, and I wouldn’t want a picture with her. But I would never say so and I’m sure most people wouldn’t either.

by Anonymousreply 213July 10, 2020 6:51 PM

no, trans should not be included if bio queens aren't (and bio queens shouldn't be). trans claim they are women, have always been women and are biologically women. cake and eat it too isn't a good look.

by Anonymousreply 214July 10, 2020 6:56 PM

R214 it's almost like they know they're still actually men!

by Anonymousreply 215July 10, 2020 6:58 PM

R115 seems out of touch. If you go on Reddit, which is ground zero for the psycho straight or “queer” white teenage girls to inhabit, it’s all about shitting on white queens and over praising mediocre black queens like Monique Heart.

by Anonymousreply 216July 10, 2020 6:58 PM

R216 and God forbid if one of the white queens is fat! They HEAP the scorn and insults on them.

by Anonymousreply 217July 10, 2020 7:02 PM

condoninng fracking on her or her hubbys land DOES NOT HELP.....THATS REAL SHITTY....I WAS SHOCKED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 218July 10, 2020 7:10 PM

Her beams is the Vixen for gods sake and she is complaining about being given the vixen edit.

These people want to blame everyone else for their problems. So do the trans haters. They blame everything on trans people.

Take responsibility for your own life. Stay out of others.

by Anonymousreply 219July 10, 2020 7:45 PM

*Name is

by Anonymousreply 220July 10, 2020 7:45 PM

No one is condoning fracking, you illiterate imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 221July 10, 2020 8:14 PM

The real problem is that social media brings out the worst in people. It's easier to reject (and cancel) people first, before you get rejected (canceled). To this day a great deal of people rather distract themselves with petty social media mind games than face their own issues (usually self-worth issues, or childhood trauma) and deal with them on their terms.

Get that baggage off your shoulders and live your life more freely. Cancel Culture is a distraction and if it's not Cancel Culture there are countless other distractions to prevent you from being free from all that's keeping you down.

by Anonymousreply 222July 10, 2020 8:18 PM

R222 hits the nail on the head.

[quote]a great deal of people rather distract themselves with petty social media mind games than face their own issues

by Anonymousreply 223July 10, 2020 8:20 PM

One of the biggest issues with social media and the internet in general that is leading to this whole cancel culture is the time capsule effect. You have 15-25 year olds looking at media that was produced 10, 15, 20+ years ago and comparing it against todays societal expectations and standards. There is a complete lack of understanding of the evolution of culture, societal attitudes, social events, knowledge etc . Sharing something someone wrote 15 years ago when they were a 17 year old living in a completely different time, context, environment, and period of development and acting as though they did it today is ridiculous. Sure, in some cases they should have known better but you still have to allow people to grow and develop and change as society changes. In other cases, what they were doing was actually accepted in that context.

by Anonymousreply 224July 10, 2020 8:28 PM

People are so obsessed with other people. Look in the mirror. When you’ve solved all your problems then you won’t want to obsess over other people.

It’s sick stuff, all on display for the world to see.

by Anonymousreply 225July 10, 2020 8:37 PM

Vixen zeroed in on Eureka, but I never quite understood why. I thought Eureka was funny, but nothing to get all bent out of shape about.

by Anonymousreply 226July 10, 2020 8:44 PM

Vixen is a bully. She went after Eureka because she knew she was the better queen.

by Anonymousreply 227July 11, 2020 12:15 AM

R219 I agree. Start by not trying to define the word "woman" to mean anything you want it to mean, and forcing other people to pretend to believe your reality that trans women are just like biological women. Stop trying to take over women's spaces and shaming them for talking about their bodies publicly. Stop telling femme gay boys and butch girls that they were "born in the wrong body" and putting them on lifelong hormone treatments to "fix" themselves. And stop cancelling everyone who disagrees with this.

The hypocrisy is unreal.

by Anonymousreply 228July 11, 2020 12:19 AM

Superb post r228

by Anonymousreply 229July 11, 2020 12:21 AM

R208

There is a huge tradition or even expectation in most segments of AA community that those who have "made it" should give back and help others rise. Sort of an odd variation on Booker T. Washington theme; you got yours, now give back to others so they can get theirs.

Going by endless coverage in NYT and other media this is supposed to be a great moment for trans; more so for African American trannies who suffer (gasp) discrimination from all fronts. Sort of the same arguments made by black gays; that being homosexual is just another millstone around their necks....

My guess is these AA trans want RuPaul to take an out front position on range of hot button issues atm. Most if not all of it coming to a head thanks to that BLM movement which keeps stirring up old wrongs what happened many years ago.

Yes, RuPaul worked damn hard to get where he/she is, and that franchise is worth plenty of money. But as noted in this thread look at who is behind the scenes and you know where control lies.

It's entertainment people; that is what these tired drag queens and trans don't get, but RuPaul most certainly does. Millions of straights and others aren't tuning into or following Drag Race to be dragged into politics. Drama is another matter, that is the meat and potatoes of these short of shows (see Real World or Big Brother).

by Anonymousreply 230July 11, 2020 3:32 AM

Why are the tranny haters so long winded?

by Anonymousreply 231July 11, 2020 3:46 AM

Superb post R231

by Anonymousreply 232July 11, 2020 4:22 AM

Go away, YourMillennialFriend.

by Anonymousreply 233July 11, 2020 4:31 AM

RuPaul is very ... well ... goal oriented. And that does make her come off as stone cold bitch by not caring about others when her eye is on the prize. To her others are energy vampires who suck her precious energy out of her which she needs to achieve her own goals.

by Anonymousreply 234July 11, 2020 6:34 AM

R230, I’d argue that she has given back. If it wasn’t for Ru and her show, The Vixen would still be living in some shithole somewhere, angrily screeching at her deadbeat friends that white people are evil. Now she has an international audience to spread her viewpoints and be celebrated publically online by some and mocked privately by everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 235July 11, 2020 1:39 PM

R235 Not everyone.

Drag Race has become the go-to show for me to play in the background when I want the company of my TV but I’m doing other things. I’ve watched every season multiple times and I am a “big fan” of the show as entertainment in that way.

As entertainment. Not as a lifestyle or as a crusade. I don’t get the fanaticism. It seems utterly psychotic to me.

I remember The Vixen from the show. She was unlikable and moderately entertaining. Ultimately, she was irritating. Aside from that recollection, I don’t think about her. Why would I care at all about The Vixen or any other contestant aside from their roles on this reality competition show?

I’m not a fan or a follower, and I don’t subscribe to her crusade nor do I mock her because she holds no place whatsoever in my life.

Why does anyone care? I can’t wrap my brain around it. Don’t people have jobs and personal interests enough to keep them from latching onto the personal life of some random man in makeup?

by Anonymousreply 236July 11, 2020 2:09 PM

R236 you seem awfully concerned about other people commenting on an awful "man in makeup", for someone who doesn't care about it. You're also projecting a lot.

by Anonymousreply 237July 11, 2020 2:53 PM

R237 Drag queens are men in makeup.

by Anonymousreply 238July 11, 2020 2:55 PM

R237 You may be right about the undue level of concern. I’ll admit that. I am a fan of the show and I get annoyed when I look for people to discuss the show with and instead everyone is complaining about off-show social media antics, and especially when I read about fans threatening/harassing/intimidating people, etc. It seems completely crazy and sometimes it even makes me question if I should watch the show since it seems so strongly associated with unhinged fanatical viewers.

That’s just my attempt to communicate my perspective. I accept that I probably should just enjoy the show on my own and ignore online discussions of the show, which usually are really attacks on RuPaul or attacks on the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 239July 11, 2020 3:04 PM

R236, this is a gay gossip site. This is a thread about RuPaul quitting Twitter so naturally people would speculate about people from the show giving her a hard time online. It’s going to attract people who follow the Ru girls on social media and have familiarity with their current behavior online and how popular it is. It’s called a discussion where various people of differing levels of knowledge ask questions and debate a topic.

If you’re done with the show after a season ends like it’s a porno clip ten seconds after you cum, then don’t participate in a forum and go back into your weird aspie cocoon.

by Anonymousreply 240July 11, 2020 3:04 PM

R238 no shit. I was quoting the poster above.

by Anonymousreply 241July 11, 2020 3:07 PM

I wonder if Ru relapsed? This wouldn't have crossed my mind until I watched Ru and Jujubee talking on the most recent episode of All Stars. Jujubee was speaking about getting off the drugs and booze and surrounding herself with the right people. Ru jumped in and said something to the effect that he totally got it and that they *both* needed to keep those kinds of people in their lives to keep sober. I'm botching this as my memory is fucking botched, due to old, but this is the gist.

Hmmm....this would make sense. Maybe Ru has been in rehab and keeping his head down and away from SM while he gets back on track?

by Anonymousreply 242July 12, 2020 6:15 AM

"You stick with those friends in those places that you and I both know about." was the direct quote from Ru. Sounds like AA. I may be onto something.

by Anonymousreply 243July 12, 2020 6:21 AM

ru may not condone fracking but she mentioned it with giddy abandon....not kool

by Anonymousreply 244July 12, 2020 7:48 AM

R219, tell the "lesbians" with penises to stay out of the few places where real lesbians can actually meet other women, which they have now infested. Tell all the woke idiots who apparently believe that being gay or lesbian is about gender not genitals and who attack you for being a bigot and a transphobe for trying to say you're attracted to your own sex in what is supposedly our community as gay people to stay out of our lives. Tell the TQ whose association with us in the so-called LGBTQ community makes it seem as though their crazy demands are also the demands of the LGB to stay out of our lives and start their own community. They know they wouldn't get anywhere on their own so had to barge into and take over our lives.

by Anonymousreply 245July 12, 2020 9:33 AM

R219, tell the "lesbians" with penises to stay out of the few places where real lesbians can actually meet other women, which they have now infested. Tell all the woke idiots who apparently believe that being gay or lesbian is about gender not genitals and who attack you for being a bigot and a transphobe for trying to say you're attracted to your own sex in what is supposedly our community as gay people to stay out of our lives. Tell the TQ whose association with us in the so-called LGBTQ community makes it seem as though their crazy demands are also the demands of the LGB to stay out of our lives and start their own community. They know they wouldn't get anywhere on their own so had to barge into and take over our lives.

by Anonymousreply 246July 12, 2020 9:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!