Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Americans, your culture is only as good as the worst behaviour you tolerate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 3:00 AM

Just remember, Trump lost the popular vote, and there are good people here who didn’t vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 7:02 PM

Sucks for the Germans, the Belgians, the Spanish, the British, the French, the Turks, the Saudis, Syrians, Iranians, Mexicans, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, Australians...

I'm sorry, what was your point?

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 7:02 PM

As a Brit, I don't get the impression that Trump is tolerated by the majority of Americans, it seems to me that they are simply powerless to stop him until election time. He's had quite the free reign despite all the negative articles, protests and court proceedings. If anything, he's been doubling down on some of his worst traits recently.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 7:27 PM

R3 He won't be stopped come election time. We're currently in the campaign season, so you won't see much objective reporting, but the Democratic Party has gone the way of U.K. Labour in the past four years and will lose the same way U.K. Labour did. It will be a national wipeout in Trump's favor.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 8:33 PM

If he wins, it will be due to dirty tricks not because the majority voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 8:50 PM

R5 It will be both.

Mail-in voting heavily favors Republicans, both because it's mostly used by the elderly and because it favors people who own homes and haven't changed address in the last decade- Republicans! Yes, the USPS is that shitty that apartment dwellers who change address more than once often can't get mail delivered, or only get some of their mail. Maybe they'll make more mistakes than usual...

As for the actual vote:

DL is vastly underestimating the impact that the riots and the heavy-handed Democratic response to Covid-19 are having on Independents and moderate Democrats. They are going to vote for Trump because he represents economic stability and "Law and Order," as he puts it. The Democratic Party has shat the bed repeatedly in 2020 and there's no coming back now.

Sorry to be one breaking the news.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 10:00 PM

We should have smacked that heavy hand down harder.

No worries, witchie poo - the Covid aint going away any time soon and humans are notoriously bad at predicting the future

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 10:58 PM

“Mail-in voting heavily favors Republicans”

Link?

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 11:00 PM

How many of you commenting on this thread even live in the USA?

Trump is dead in the water and will most likely quit before the election. The Russian bounty info is a HUGE grease fire for him and the GOP not to mention his taxes are close to being released, the SDNY scandal (Trump settled a sex abuse lawsuit with a 13 yr old girl along with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein before the election) and other corruptions are coming to the fore.

Trump is touting 'mail in voting' as corrupt and that it strongly benefits the Dems so I have no idea where you pulled that nonsense out of r6.

Republicans are dying off in droves because they are out there willfully spreading Covid as they have politicized mitigation factors like wearing a mask and social distancing.

Evil pig Trump only won through help from Russia and China. He is the most corrupt wannabe dictator of the new century. And, as an American, he is a disgusting by product of a dumb, racist, Evangelical, anti-science culture on the skids.

I'm hoping we will be able to fix this but his incompetence has left US on a hill to die.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 11:14 PM

R6 Trump is a master manipulator, he didn't get where he is through luck.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2020 12:30 AM

He won the Presidency. Period. He has had no support from the opposition but look at what he has done with the economy. Obama wanted our country as a high and mighty country. He wanted us to fall under the UN. He was a not a proponent for US dominates. Apologist!

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote] Trump settled a sex abuse lawsuit with a 13 yr old girl along with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein before the election

Link please

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2020 1:49 AM

Trump lost the popular vote because of California. Hillary had won California easily and the 3 million votes she had over Trumps total were all from California. Hillary did not beat Trump in the popular vote in the battle ground states she needed to because she ignored those states in her campaign.

The 3 million more votes Hillary had did not matter because she had already won California.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote] “Mail-in voting heavily favors Republicans”

so that's why the vote-by-mail method consistently returns Democrats in Washington State.

Hurr-durr troll, your ignorance is showing. Might even be a disinfo ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2020 1:53 AM

The "Truth Fairy" must have forgotten that Hillary won the popular vote. And forgot that Obama won in 2008 and 2016. He seems to live in some fantasy world.

R6 apparently hasn't been paying attention to the polls or Trump's approval ratings. Most people do not think the Dem approach to the coronavirus is too heavy-handed at all. Most of the Dem governors have better approval ratings than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2020 1:54 AM

And my ass is cleaner with a bidet.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 1:54 AM

Проклятия! Как я могу опубликовать дезинформационное дерьмо с этими иностранцами, поправляющими меня перед американцами?

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 1:58 AM

I’m usually a big Cassandra fan, but either someone is posting under his/her name or ol’ Cassie’s gone mashugana on us.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 2:02 AM

R11 are you ESL?

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2020 2:14 AM

The U.S. is still a large and powerful country. WHEN Trump is voted out, it's possible to repair some if not all of the damage he has done.

WHEN the United States can overcomes this hurdle, we'll all be better off for it, because it would have proved it's institutions can withstand the threat of a would-be dictator.

I just hope the Democrats carry out reforms fury.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2020 2:32 AM

I don't make the future, I just see it coming.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 3:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!