Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rosalind Russell

Was she a moron?

[quote]Russell supported Richard Nixon in two of his early unsuccessful political campaigns, first for the presidency in 1960 opposing John F. Kennedy and for governor of California in 1962.Russell also supported Thomas Dewey in the 1944 United States presidential election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 7:13 PM

She looks so mannish in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2020 11:02 PM

WHETH?

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 3:45 AM

She seemed really hateful, honestly. I remember seeing an interview with her son and he was practically frothing about people calling her a feminist because feminists were so evil and ruining America, his mom said so and he said so, too. I was really taken aback.

She campaigned for Nixon like OP said, but she did it along with Cesar Romero! I see Hollywood books call her a liberal all the time, but she absolutely was not. She was friends with the Eisenhowers, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 3:54 AM

Not only was she friends with Republicans - she was absolutely FROSTY to Marvel Anne.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 4:04 AM

Was being a Republican back then as bad as being a Republican now?

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 11:23 AM

I want to dig her up just so I can scream at her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!