Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Eva Grubb?

She was not mentioned in "Rescue from Gilligan's Island" so she obviously didn't return to claim Ginger Grant's career. Did her boat sink on the way to Hawaii?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2021 3:52 PM

God, that show was so stupid and great.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2020 6:32 PM

Tina Louise gave a really great performance in this episode, but I can't help but think it was something of payback for her diva antics. Ginger Grant is shown as disposable, a lookalike can come in and do the job and that's what they did in "Rescue". Almost all other visitors to the island had cold showers awaiting them when they got home. The obvious tag would have been if Eva's boat crashed, she became ugly again and was sent to a mental hospital because she insisted she was Ginger Grant.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2020 6:37 PM

Ohmygawd, as a kid the Eva Grubb episode was one of my absolute favorites. Tina Louise, however unpleasant, was a very talented and beautiful comic actress, and as always she's wonder in this episode!

The other episode I always think of as Tina's best is the brilliant Harold Hecuba (Phil Silvers) episode where Ginger does a hilarious send up of Sophia Loren in "Two Women", and is brutally mocked by Silvers, then plays a singing Ophelia to Gilligan's Hamlet in the same episode. What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2020 7:19 PM

I think Eva ran into the fake Gilligan and went back to Russia with him where she became the queen of the Moscow Cinema which is why Hollywood had never heard of Ginger Grant II. Either that, or she became a Stepford Wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2020 7:24 PM

I loved the one when Mary Ann hit her head and became Ginger Grant.

"I want to be loved by you!"

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2020 7:41 PM

Surfer Duke Williams probably crashed into Eva's boat as she lived on it.

She took one look at his killer bod & gave up Ginger's career for housewife duties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Tongo, played by gorgeous Denny Miller came after the Eva episode and notes that he thinks the redhead is Ginger Grant, the movie star lost at sea, meaning that Eva never assumed Ginger's identity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2020 8:15 PM

Was Denny Miller the original William Zabka? Like he always played kind of a jock jerk?

BTW, how does a jungle man manage to find shampoo and a hairdryer. His hair his fab!

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2020 8:32 PM

is* fab

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2020 8:33 PM

R2, interesting, but Gilligan's Island wasn't that deep. Sherwood Schwartz only wanted good shows for the series, and this was an extra good episode. Double/mistaken identity is always an excellent plot devise, and Ginger, Gilligan and Mr Howell each got a chance to do it on the show. No ulterior motive(s).

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2020 8:48 PM

I thought Eva's explaining her plan to Ginger was pretty cold blooded but she seemed relatively sincere when she was found out. No question that Tina gave a great performance, marred only by the terrible body double when Ginger gets conked on the head.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2020 9:13 PM

Whatever she felt about the show, Tina Louise gave outstanding performances in episode after episode. No question that she was extremely talents and skilled in her craft. Sadly, she was a double victim -of her beauty and being typecast after a TV series. People forgot that she was only playing a dumb bimbo -She wasn't one in real life. I'm sorry she didn't get on better with her costars, but you can rewatch those episodes and never see anything less than a 100% performance. No sign that she was unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Don't forget the Mr Howell look-a-like

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2020 9:57 PM

R13, read R10. No one's forgetting anything.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2020 9:58 PM

One of the better episodes.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2020 10:54 PM

Tina really should have become a much bigger star.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2021 2:37 AM

Had Jayne Mansfield done GI as originally scheduled, two careers would have been saved.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote]Ginger does a hilarious send up of Sophia Loren in "Two Women",

You want bread-a? I bring you bread-a!

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2021 5:22 AM

Do DLers think Eva really resumed Ginger's career when she returned to the States?

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2021 2:21 PM

R19, that was the rather cruel finish of the episode but as stated above, no one ever said anything about it so it obviously never happened.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2021 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!