Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Katherine Heigl

I personally like that she had the guts to call out her own movie. Not for being bad, but for what she saw as offensive. Most actors/actresses prefer to point the finger at other movies/shows or just criticize tropes in a general way.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 5:34 AM

Welcome to Datalounge, Katie!

Hey, can you score us a few free bags of kitty litter?

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2020 10:23 PM

I think she is a lot more talented than people give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2020 7:20 PM

She was a nasty, entitled cunt. Her career in Hollywood is OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2020 7:27 PM

Which movie? She is awful.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2020 7:33 PM

She got to fuck Jason Behr in his prime. Bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote] I personally like that she had the guts to call out her own movie.

I don't. She read the screenplay beforehand and knew exactly what she was getting into.

You don;t get to have it both ways--to get all the money from making a sexist movie, and then getting to be woke for denouncing it.

She deserved exactly what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2020 7:42 PM

What movie exactly? She hasn't had a good role in at least 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2020 7:54 PM

R6 Exactly. She made the movie, waited for it to become a big hit, got a percentage of the gross profits, THEN decided to whine about it. Fuck her.

I thought it was very telling that Seth Rogan expressed shock that she felt the way she did about the movie, since she never voiced any displeasure during the making of it and that he got along well with her during filming.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2020 7:59 PM

She probably outweighed Jason when they were on Roswell.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2020 8:00 PM

The thing is to remember is that she's insane.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2020 8:05 PM

Anyone who hates Judd Apatow is a friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2020 8:06 PM

If it was a one off she would've been fine. But she took a torch to every bridge she had.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2020 8:09 PM

Fuck Judd Apatow

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2020 8:11 PM

Mormon celebrities, including actors, seem to be preternaturally stunted socially and intellectually. Ms. Heigl demonstrates this is many times over.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2020 8:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2020 8:16 PM

She should just move overseas and start a new career there. I'm sure Australia wouldn't mind throwing her a bone. She really is finished in America.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Katherine shouldn't have done Knocked Up if she didn't like the script. But Judd and co are shady, i'm still waiting for them to get called out.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2020 2:23 AM

Had the script she signed on for changed for the worse during the shoot or had she been asked to do nude scenes that she hadn't signed on for, she could have a case, but you don't read a script, agree to play that role and be a part of that project, and then act shocked when it comes out. She knew what she was getting herself into. Zero sympathy for her. Plus, the movie was a hit.

It's definitely not uncommon for a script to evolve during production and with Apatow's love of improv maybe it's possible that things really did take a nasty turn.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2020 2:42 AM

How did the script change?

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2020 3:00 AM

I don't blame her though for complaining about the Grey's Anatomy writing. It was terrible for some of Izzie's stories.

Shonda hates Katherine with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2020 3:28 AM

She has that same resting bitch face/chipmunk face Belinda Carlisle has/had.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2020 3:30 AM

The Denny story sucked.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2020 3:38 AM

Some of this is just reverse racism. Hate on the white girl. Notice blondes are the villains in every minority tv show and movie.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2020 3:42 AM

R21 which came in handy for My Father The Hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2020 4:29 AM

R20 telling it to the media was a dumb move.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2020 5:23 AM

R25 and the way she said it. Shonda had a right to be pissed (even if Katherine was right).

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 5:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!