Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So this is why Bill Barr is such a bully

Childhood bullies have a predisposition to become adult bullies, research shows, and, sure enough, it seems Attorney General William Barr was a teenage bully more than 50 years ago.

Back in 1991, during Barr’s confirmation to be George H.W. Bush’s attorney general, lawyer Jimmy Lohman, who overlapped with Barr at New York’s Horace Mann School and later Columbia University, wrote a piece for the little-known Florida Flambeau newspaper about Barr being “my very own high-school tormentor” — a “classic bully” and “power abuser” in the 1960s who “put the crunch on me every chance [he] got.”

The 1991 description of 1963 Barr’s harassment sounds eerily like the 2020 Barr. He “lived to make me miserable,” with a “vicious fixation on my little Jewish ‘commie’ ass,” Lohman alleged, because he wore peace and racial-equality pins. He said the four Barr brothers picketed the school’s “Junior Carnival” because proceeds went to the NAACP, and he alleged that Billy Barr, the “most fanatic rightist” of the four, later “teamed with the New York City riot police to attack anti-war protesters and ‘long hairs.’ ”

The 1991 article says Barr, a “sadistic kid,” has “come a long way from terrorizing seventh graders just because they wore racial equality buttons.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2020 6:15 PM

No surprised.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2020 5:13 PM

LOCK HIM UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2020 5:18 PM

Zero surprise.

Though it is fascinating that Trump is surrounded by people who were childhood conservatives in liberal coastal enclaves-- Miller was the weird right wing Jewish kid at Santa Monica High surrounded by left-wing Hollywood types. Mnuchin is also a product of elite liberal schools--Riverdale and Yale. And Jared's family were huge donors to NJ Democrats which is why Fat Christie went after the father when he was a prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2020 5:21 PM

He’s a disgusting pig.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2020 5:21 PM

What makes it especially psychopathological was that Barr’s father was Jewish. Though Barr’s father converted to Catholicism, I highly doubt he did it for relooks reasons. It was more expedient for him to vecin3 catholic than it would’ve been for his wife to become Jewish. And his wife would never have been fully accepted in the family. Trust. My husband tells me what family members say - particularly women - about other women who convert to Judaism. They can never be right. There’s lots of eye rolling & talk behind backs.

With Barr’s father converted to Catholicism, it would be no big deal. In a lot if catholic families they wouldn’t care if he didn’t go to church every Sunday. They just want that conversion certificate. My father converted to Catholicism. He & my catholic mother were able to have a church wedding which was HUGE for my mother’s northern Irish parents. My aunt married a Protestant who wouldn’t convert & they couldn’t get married at the altar. In large Catholic Churches they had side altars & non Catholics could marry Catholics at the side altar. Our church was small & literacy on the wrong side of the railroad tracks (had to stop talking & wait for a train to pass by before speaking again), so they got married in the church vestibule.

I wonder if Bill Barr ever met his grandparents? He really dishonored them by beating up Jewish kids. Maybe he never met them. Things were different in those days. Children got disowned by parents if they married outside the religion. But still, no matter what, Bill Barr was half a Jewish, whether he liked it or not. Obviously he didn’t like it.

The little shit.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote] I highly doubt he did it for relooks reasons. It was more expedient for him to vecin3 catholic

I highly doubt he did it for religious reasons. It was more expedient for him to become catholic

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2020 5:23 PM

How do these gluttonous pigs walk around PUBLIC offices and PUBLIC property and act like they own the place? He wasn’t even elected.

Everyone needs to keep their protest shoes on for what these appointed criminals are planning next.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote] Our church was small & literacy on the wrong side of the railroad tracks

Literally

Sorry. I confess. I didn’t proofread. My bad

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2020 5:25 PM

Don’t forget Fat Billy’s daddy employed Epstein and wrote a book about sex slaves. Fat Billy is no doubt a pervert too.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2020 5:28 PM

The skeletons in this guys closet rival the sea floor.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] My husband tells me what family members say - particularly women - about other women who convert to Judaism.

"Ohmygawd, do you think there's enough plaid in her house?"

"Plaid? What about the bathrooms? It's like Laura Ashley threw up all over them."

"That is the nose I was hoping they would give me."

"The parents are lovely people, but they drive one of those pick up trucks with the Jesus fish on it"

"No wonder Zachary is such a good athlete. He doesn't get it from our side."

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2020 5:32 PM

[QUOTE] Horace Mann was another environment entirely: completely secular, with a large Jewish contingent. A few who knew the Barr boys came to call them “the bully Barrs”; the siblings, these former classmates claimed, could be intimidating. The fact that his father was born Jewish was not a factor in Bill Barr’s upbringing. While he knew he had Jewish relatives, he never discussed the specifics with his father. “He had become more Catholic than the Catholics,” he said to those who asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2020 5:46 PM

Tubby Billy sure looks like he could be mean-spirited back in the day, as he continues to demonstrate daily. But I am struggling a bit with any physical aspects of his intimidation...unless it involved him sitting on people.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2020 7:00 PM

Would you want 400 lbs of drooling insanity coming after you? This guy would eat your arm and spit out the bones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2020 7:03 PM

Life isn't fair is it? Shitty kid who bullied classmate becomes AG of the USA.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2020 7:07 PM

Barr = Fat, disliked pig getting his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2020 8:08 PM

The Florida Flambeau is FSU's newspaper. It's weird that the article was published there.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2020 8:56 PM

People are saying pervert Barr Sr. converted to Catholicism so he could diddle young boys like priests. I can’t say who told me, but many people are saying it.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2020 12:21 AM

Bully Barr

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2020 3:26 AM

Barr as a schoolboy. Probably got ridiculed and swore to get revenge, very similar to Karl Rove's experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2020 12:25 PM

Have you seen the bigger piggies

In their starched white shirts?

You will find the bigger piggies

Stirring up the dirt

Always have clean shirts to play around in

In their styes with all their backing

They don't care what goes on around

In their eyes there's something lacking

What they need's a damn good whacking

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2020 6:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!