Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m really surprised people care.

Is it because they have been on quarantine for so long? I think it’s great that people are at least attempting to make a nonviolent nondestructive protest but if this was another mass shooting if would be forgotten in a week.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2020 11:36 AM

They'll be surprised when they get a fever and dry cough in a couple weeks. The viral loads those crowds emit will be deadly for so many African Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2020 5:22 AM

R1: Yep! Trump knows that too.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2020 5:30 AM

OP, how dear that you feel it necessary to share this non thought with us. First you claim rainbows are pretty. In the sentence following you say we're all fucked up anyhow & it doesn't really matter.

Post teenage angst, hunny; you're no Kurt Cobain, m'kay ? Take another hit, leave the concerns of those of us who've chosen to embrace adult thinking. Oh, and get some help, we're concerned.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2020 5:51 AM

R3 because I’m lonely lost my only friend who wasn’t really a friend anyway and the world is a cruel place and lastly I just wanted to connect with somebody. Just anybody. Okay?

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2020 8:39 AM

I suspect that at least 80% of the rioters care more about a chance to go on a spree or grab some free stuff, than George Floyd or police reform.

Sadly, Office Chauvet did something really stupid, at a time when everyone in the world was cranky, lonely, bored, frightened, angry, and huge numbers of people are worried about losing their livelihoods. He didn't so much throw a match into a gasoline tank, as throw a hand grenade into an oil tanker.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2020 8:45 AM

And one more thing r3.

I don’t have anymore place to GO!

Sad but true r5.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2020 8:55 AM

Oh dear myself

I don’t have any other place to go!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2020 8:58 AM

I do think COVID has exacerbated everything about this situation

I was out of the country when the grand jury failed to indict Darren Wilson (Ferguson), but weren't the reactions similar? Did protests erupt across the country? I remember watching a split screen of Obama telling protesters to remain peaceful/people setting fires to cars

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2020 9:37 AM

The numbers for covid are already going up though from reopening too soon. May 26th was the last good day we had, yesterday numbers went up by 24,000 in one day, from the Memorial Day parties at places like the Lake of the Ozarks and Daytona Beach. People will blame protesters for viral spread but it's already begun thanks to partiers and unconcerned governments opening their states up too soon.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2020 9:44 AM

I'm coming for y'all bitches, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2020 10:56 AM

[quote] Office Chauvet did something really stupid

Is that what you call it?

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2020 11:32 AM

Murder is just a little oopsie apparently, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2020 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!