Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stevie Nicks' All-Time Worst Songs

As a longtime Stevie fan (I'm 54 and have been into Stevie/Fleetwood Mac since 1980) I truly appreciate Stevie's talents as a singer and songwriter. When she nails it, she hits the stratosphere. However, Stevie has had her share of epic fails. And unlike many other artists, when Stevie's bad she isn't mediocre but she's BAD. Really BAD (atonal, flat-footed, clunky, little sense of melody). As if she hardly had any talent. It's quite strange. Here's one of her worst (it sounds out of tune).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 4:36 PM

I can't think of many, to be honest. I love Stevie. Lindsay has had some real clunkers, I can't say I remember many of hers.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Everything after 1981.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2020 4:15 PM

[R1] Try DESERT ANGEL, THE NIGHTMARE, JANE, GARBO, GATE AND GARDEN and NOT MAKE BELIEVE for starters. 24 Karat Gold should've been titled "Songs Lindsey Couldn't Fix."

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2020 4:15 PM

Stand Back is typical of her output during that era. It's not really *about* anything, lots of imagery that doesn't lead up to a coherent song.

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2020 4:18 PM

ROL R# at "Songs Lindsey Couldn't Fix". He brings out the best in her songs. (He brings out the best in anyone's songs.) I love "Leather and Lace" and "Edge of 17", both of which Lindsey had nothing to do with. However, I'm bored by the Tom Petty collaborations and all the synth-heathy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2020 4:21 PM

"Children of the world/the forgotten chimpanzee/In the eyes of the world/You have done so much for me" - WTF! JANE from STREET ANGEL.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2020 4:24 PM

Angel from Tusk. It's not a bad song, but towards the end you call tell her voice is shot and she's screaming it out. I think was around the same that Rolling Stone did a concert review and said there as def. something wrong and she had to keep putting on some scarf between song.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2020 4:35 PM

You have little taste R4. Stand back was quickly written, inspired by Prince, and then he collaborated. It's perfectly slap dash propulsive electro pop, catchy, fun, with meaningless lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2020 5:02 PM

I agree. I could only listen to the song you posted once.

How did that ever make it out into the public realm?

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2020 10:14 PM

From Not Make Believe - It hurts my self esteem it hurts my everything! 🤮

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2020 3:43 AM

R10 LOL !!!

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2020 4:25 AM

Gold Dust Woman and Sisters of the Moon. Long, boring and go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2020 4:43 AM

Anything from Rock A Little.

And when she kicked that girl in the cunt bone!

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2020 4:49 AM

I keep seeing this reference to kicking a girl in the cuntbone. Can someone elaborate? Did she actually kick someone?

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2020 4:52 AM

R14 Old DL joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2020 5:01 AM

R13 Rock A Little was the only album of hers that I owned for awhile.

I think all of the songs still hold up except for "Imperial Hotel" (& it was her 4th & final single from that album here in the states).

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2020 5:03 AM

Some time ago there was a DL thread Ask me anything I'm Stevie Nicks. Was it really Stevie among us?

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2020 5:08 AM

[Quote] ROL R# at "Songs Lindsey Couldn't Fix". He brings out the best in her songs. (He brings out the best in anyone's songs.)

He couldn’t fix “When I See You Again” or “Welcome To The Room Sara”, both of which I nominate as the worst of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2020 6:12 AM

Wasn’t there some original song from her appearance on AHS?

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2020 6:39 AM

It's easier to list Buckingham's worst.

Just name all his solo albums and all of TUSK except 2.

Don't get me started on his contributions to Mirage, Tango in the Night or Say You Will.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2020 6:53 AM

I cannot bear Nicks' nasal vocals. I was a huge FM fan before she joined and couldn't stand them ever afterward, except for when Christine McVie was on lead vocal.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2020 6:54 AM

Oh HEY DL I'm OP, a long time Stevie fan so I'm going to make a thread where we can INVITE HATE to her.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2020 6:55 AM

My most salient memory of Stevie Nicks is that she had her assistant blow cocaine up her ass.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2020 6:59 AM

"Stand Back" aside, I generally like Stevie better in Fleetwood Mac context. Lindsey may be an asshole, but he knew how to get the most out of her (and Christine's) songs.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2020 7:02 AM

Oof!

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2020 7:09 AM

[R3] Longtime Nicks fan and I mostly agree with you.

I'm probably the only person who loves Jane. Such a sweet song written for a wonderful lady, Jane Goodall.

Oh, and Greta rocks! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2020 8:04 AM

Stevie was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good round kick for cuntbones, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief they identified with her struggle and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2020 8:13 AM

Has she ever announced her support for gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2020 12:01 PM

[quote] I keep seeing this reference to kicking a girl in the cuntbone. Can someone elaborate?

Stevie even named one of her songs after the incident.

Until she tried it again and that girl yelled "Stand back!" and then she had a name that fit better.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2020 1:53 PM

Stevie does have a strange ability to take a lyric that looks absurd on paper and sell it with her commitment and intonation. Example - ALL THE BEAUTIFUL WORLD with the lyric, "Calm, beautiful childlike victim."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2020 3:15 PM

[quote] 24 Karat Gold should've been titled "Songs Lindsey Couldn't Fix."

To be fair, there are early versions of several of the songs on that album that are vastly superior (and recorded when Stevie’s voice was at its peak).

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2020 4:25 PM

[R31] Yeah - I thought the record was a waste of time apart from a few songs ("The Dealer", "All the Beautiful Worlds", "Mabel Normand"). Apparently the genesis for the album was a contractual obligation as opposed to Stevie's burning desire to put these songs out - 24 Karat fulfilled the terms of her record deal. When you listen to 24 it's obvious that it was knocked out quickly and her vocals are quite ragged.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2020 4:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!